Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SOUNDMOD-Revolutions Info for IBRR 8.0

Default Re: =SOUND MOD for INVASIO BARBARORUM= FINAL RELEASE LINKS ARE AVAILABLE and WORKING (ADDED FIX) !!!!

Now, new question.

How come sound mod changes definitions of unit abillities?
    I tested the thing after facing the problem - before istallation of sound mod i checked unit abilities, they were normal, and after installation they are changed. Example, pesants now have warcry ability, spearmens dont have shiltrom any more in favour of heavy spearmens who now have it, etc, etc.

Am I the only one who is facing that problem? I really can't see why would sound mode change that...
    But if that is true, one big WHY?
    Last edited by scattered; February 14, 2007 at 03:57 PM.

Default Re: =SOUND MOD for INVASIO BARBARORUM= FINAL RELEASE LINKS ARE AVAILABLE and WORKING (ADDED FIX) !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scattered View Post
    Now, new question.

How come sound mod changes definitions of unit abillities?
    I tested the thing after facing the problem - before istallation of sound mod i checked unit abilities, they were normal, and after installation they are changed. Example, pesants now have warcry ability, spearmens dont have shiltrom any more in favour of heavy spearmens who now have it, etc, etc.

Am I the only one who is facing that problem? I really can't see why would sound mode change that...
    But if that is true, one big WHY?
    Because to add warcry ability to wars is the aim of this mod.Some other changes can be caused by the version differences.:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatemonday View Post
    Because to add warcry ability to wars is the aim of this mod.Some other changes can be caused by the version differences.:hmmm:
    You mean sound mod? So are some unit abilities deliberately changed or? I didint understand well...
    Because in 6.05 no paesant/levy had any special ability, including warcry...(i think that's fair for such cheap units). And I see no reason why spearmens can't do shiltrom any more - they are practically usseless now, and on the other hand heavy spearmens are IMO a bit overpowered now. And many units have lost shield wall ability...
    And damm , now when my suebi swordsmen got extra bersek ability (again, dont know where from), I can rout entire armies with few units of them and little support... It's too easy

Sorry for my complaining... I just wanna enjoy game as much as I can, and I don't understand from where that changes came...
    Last edited by scattered; February 16, 2007 at 05:00 PM.

You mean sound mod? So are some unit abilities deliberately changed or? I didint understand well...
    Yes of course i changed some abilities.Because warcry occurs when you hit "F" button and it is a special ability.If you select warcry special ability for a unit you can not choose another like schiltrom,shield wall etc...So i made a choice like adding warcry ability to cheaper units ( i think this ability doesnt require special trainig ) and schiltrom to more heavy units..

And damm , now when my suebi swordsmen got extra bersek ability (again, dont know where from), I can rout entire armies with few units of them and little support... It's too easy ...
    In my text file the suebis are berserks.I didnt adjust them.:hmmm:

Sorry for my complaining... I just wanna enjoy game as much as I can, and I don't understand from where that changes came...
    I see no problem.Your feedback is very valuable.

Yes of course i changed some abilities.Because warcry occurs when you hit "F" button and it is a special ability.If you select warcry special ability for a unit you can not choose another like schiltrom,shield wall etc...So i made a choice like adding warcry ability to cheaper units ( i think this ability doesnt require special trainig ) and schiltrom to more heavy units..
    Ok, that explains it all, so you DID changed some unit abilities.
    Ofcourse if there is warcry that it can't be one more special ability. But maybe some units (like georguth, saxon swordsmen) could have kept shieldwall ability, instead of giving it to heavy unit like gesihtas who use axe with both hands and have only little shields on their back.

In my text file the suebis are berserks.I didnt adjust them.:hmmm:
    That goes for 6.05, no sound mode?
    Interesting, because I'm positive that before they had only warcry special ability (no bersek attribute), and now they have aditional bersek attribute. And they throw people around with their giant swords like sauron in Lord of the rings
    After all maybe it's better that way, because before they wasn't as effective as I expected they'll be.

The links for part 7 and final fix EXE isn't working

Quote Originally Posted by AndariusHaliusScipio View Post
    The links for part 7 and final fix EXE isn't working

It is about filefront servers. Try again periodically it will load but so slow as the servers are really messed up.I try to defeat my iss and my low upload speed and upload the files as one file to somewhere but where?Any opinions guys?

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I was wondering maybe if someone with the full package could upload it as one whole thing instead of so many pieces?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

I am working on a re packed mod with some exta features (new war horns ,taunts) and will release it as one part with the IBFD 6.1 version hopefully.

I love the music in the campaign map, it's very suiting as it creates a proper atmosphere of the time period and cultures. I just sometimes find one sound on the battle map that's annoying: when you direct a unit to move by right clicking on a spot on the map, there is that drumming sound, which sounds a little like a whip (i'm pretty sure you got this from the first few seconds of the Kingdom of Heaven track, "Wall Breached") Hope that could be changed in the next version.

What about sound, music addon for Invasio Barbarorum VII?

I am uploading the new sound mod for v7 links will be available when i finished.I have a slow speed unfortuanetly.The new mod will include extra tracks,horns warcries and a small surprise .

I am uploading the new sound mod for v7 links will be available when i finished.I have a slow speed unfortuanetly.The new mod will include extra tracks,horns warcries and a small surprise .
    Wow, amazing ... this will be the first thing i will search for in each following visit on twc

Any word on the new release of sound mod?

Member Of Rios Mod!
    "This is where we fight,This is where they die!"

I need your patience a little more.I will finish and upload it soon.I am working on new horns especially barbarian horns.And i will add some more music and taunts and change some menu sounds as requested.But the traffic of my life is tough nowadays i need some more time...

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Be carefull with the traffic and take your time

One request: remove that track from the the battlefield where you hear constant fighting and screaming even where there is no fighting and screaming.

Default Re: SOUNDMOD-RELOADED FOR IBFD v7.0 READY TO DOWNLOAD !!!

Updated first post with the link.

cool will be downloading this later this evening...

just a question: did you use for the Romans the commands listed in the "Strategikon" of Mauricius? (e.g. "percute" for charge, etc)

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Great! thanks man cant wait to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    cool will be downloading this later this evening...

just a question: did you use for the Romans the commands listed in the "Strategikon" of Mauricius? (e.g. "percute" for charge, etc)
    Yes, i did