Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SOUNDMOD-Revolutions Info for IBRR 8.0

Icon3 SOUNDMOD-Revolutions Info for IBRR 8.0

Announcement for Soundmod for IBRR 8.0

Well i know waiting is not a good thing but waiting for some real thing really worths the patience.So to you all i want to announce some work we are putting not only for IBRR 8.0 and also Soundmods release for it.Pseudoromanus and Pliniux are my heroes in this project.Also a short preview is not so far away.Well some components of Soundmod which i want to announce you

- New added 15 new tracks.
    - Added the feature of winter and summer music difference.In winter more depressive and in summer more exciting tracks will play.
    - Only in soundmod we added encouraging speeches in battlefield and when marching for Romans ofcourse in Late Latin
    - Added new horse sounds and new charge cries and taunts.
    - Thanks to Pseudoromanus and Pliniux we created a complete Late Latin voicemod.I wont give further info about this because i dont want to put out the surprise but i mean a complete voicemod
    - The Hunnic voice mod is in recording process i hope to finish it with this release.
    -Slowly i started to create a Germanic voicemod.(We use the gallic voicemod for all Barbarian factions which is not very accurate as most of them are germanic factions)I am preparing a list.Maybe i can show some elements and differ the Germanic factions from Picts.

Well i put these to show you that your patience will worth it.

So stay tuned...

Soundmod-Revolutions Readme :

This is a mod for Invasio Barbarorum Flagellum Dei aka Ruina Romae v7.03. This mod is still WIP and will be updated by patches.So keep the main mod ( its in RAR,exe formats) somewhere safe.

Installation for RAR format

Install IBFD v7.03 correctly.Install 4tpy script in ibfd\data\options folder.You can install the other scripts too.Than extract the files in RAR to Rome Total War directory.Change the events.idx and events.dat file names in ibfd/data/sounds directory to oldevents.dat and oldevents.idx.Historical events are dated for 4 tpy script.If you dont use it you cant get them.Enjoy...

Installation for .exe format

Install IBFD v7.03 correctly.Install 4tpy script in ibfd\data\options folder.You can install the other scripts too.Double click the soundmod installer.Let it finish its job completely.Change the events.idx and events.dat file names in ibfd/data/sounds directory to oldevents.dat and oldevents.idx.Historical events are dated for 4 tpy script.If you dont use it you cant get them.Enjoy...

IMPORTANT NOTICE : This mod is compatible with 2d sound option in Audio options menu.You cant get it work with Eax option.

Features and Thanks :

Well where to start ? Lets start from somewhere.

- New map ground and sea textures from Mtw2 (Thanks to Charge-Map mod)
    - New and very beatiful resource textures and villages for every culture.(Metropolis Mod-Macedon)
    - New naval combat system,realistic stats and ship datas implanted.New unit cards and infos for the ships.
    - New bigger strategic map models.(generals,ships,agents)
    - New diplomacy minimod.New replies, responses and interface.(WIP)
    - New flames, arrow, blood where available. (Darth's projectile files, blood mod by Slazer777)
    - New and accurate historical events with complete textures.
    - New landscapes from Alexander:TW
    - New menu background and a loading screen.(WIP)
    - Hadrians wall is implanted to Britain.
    - Completely refined and rebalanced warcries, taunts and new music tracks.
    - New charge cries, horse charge sounds for every culture.
    - Sassanid voicemod including map commands.(Kambiz-recording,voice actor and The Persian Catapracht - translations)
    - Arabic voicemod completely done. (Jermagon)

WIP SECTION

These works will be uploaded as small patches whenever they finish.I hope to completely finish the mod with the release of most waited and missed V7.1 of IBFD (you will love Ramons new models)
    - Hun voicemod
    - Germanic Voicemod
    - Artwork
    - Extended latin voicemod.

Soundmod revolutions.exe

http://files.filefront.com/Soundmod+.../fileinfo.html

Enhancement pack1

http://files.filefront.com/Enhanceme.../fileinfo.html

Quickfix.rar

http://files.filefront.com/Quickfixr.../fileinfo.html

Descr_stratt.txt

http://files.filefront.com/descr+str.../fileinfo.html

Attached desr_strat file for Enhancement pack1 at the bottom of the page which includes Hadrians wall

EnhancementPack1:

Includes:
    - Mylaes all buildings and addons added and some redone.
    - New naval ui and strat map models.(ship models,Riczu)
    - Saxons changed ton Angles&Saxons and added new banners.
    - All new tech Forts for every culture type.
    - Some sounds cleared and remixed.
    -Some new diploatic responses added.
    -New loading screens added.
    -Some changes made on scripts to make less ctds.(I hope)

Installation:

Install IBFD 7.03 properly.Install Soundmod-Revolutions.exe or .rar.Install enhancement pack1.And then extract the files in Quickfix to Rome Total War dierctory.And if you want Hadrians wall in Britain copy paste the attached descr_strat file in ibfd/data/world/maps/barbarian_invasion folder.That is it
    If you cant see the new buildings, delete the map.rmw file in ibfd/data/world/maps/base folder and start a new campaign.
    Enjoy...

SCREENSHOTS :

NEW FORTS FOR EVERY CULTURE

More will come
    Please send your comments.........

If you like it share your pleasure with me.

Everything is for fun so have fun.
    Last edited by Ihatemonday; June 11, 2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Update

Default Re: =SOUND MOD for INVASIO BARBARORUM=

There are three parts you have to download at filefront.
    Feel free to send comments,suggestions on this thread.
    Best wishes...

Currently working on:

* Full menu sound conversion.
    * More taunts for arabs.
    * What do you think we can do next? :hmmm:
    Last edited by Ihatemonday; October 31, 2006 at 04:00 PM.

Mylae's Avatar Memento Mori

good idea.

a question: what is that gallic voice mod? i mean, we have no gauls here, no one is speaking celtic - with the notable exception of picti. i guess this mod includes "germanic" voices.

since is matter of improvement, i ask myself if the latin voice mod could be implemented too. not only because we have no unit which says "triariii!!!" but also because the english accent in latin was too heavy for me.
    since linguistic studies shows up that the late latin speaking was more similar to actual italian; the "c" appears to became not always hard sound like the "k", but becames "sweet" close to some wovels, that are "i" and "e". like in italian. i give my disposition.
    i have not registering stuff. however, i think i could get them in a month. if someone could make me a list of things to say, i will try to do them; so, this project needs a coordinator who knows how to mod sound files.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica
    Creator of the XV-Century Machiavello Total War Mod (2.0) for M2TW

Honorabilis Gaius Baltar est mihi patronum.

Gallic voice mod is in downloads section made by shigawire for EB.I implanted it to IBFD . I know it is not historically accurate but as we know barbarians were not speaking english either. My aim was to give some ancient language taste to player. I also implanted latin voice mod. It contains commands,tactics every sound but the unit names. Maybe we can add latin unit names or (more sensible) we can edit the text files to erase unit name descriptions from romans. I think a germanic voice mod would be great because nearly half of the factions are germanic. But my german is poor. I can make a list which will contain the speeches and if someone can translate it to german or another accurate language then i can mod the sound files and text files and implant them to the game and live happily ever after.

tiome ago i've found a site about reconstructed goth language of around 400s. it was based on ulfilas' bible translation in goth and some other reconstruction. also was featuring some other germanic and protogermanic stuff and relating differences in languages among tribes and the possible use of a common germanic language for basic understanding, really similar to goth.
    Extravagant developer of Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei; Developer of Paeninsula Italica

Can you post the link so i can examine it :hmmm:

ok...
    here's some link.
    Linguistics Research Center - The University of Texas at Austin (i think is a valuable source)
    http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/l...gotol-0-X.html
    a basic vocabulary
    http://www.utexas.edu/cola/centers/l...otol-MG-X.html

almost the same stuff, but with less links and some user-friendly explanations
    http://yarinareth.net/David/gothic/intro.html

http://www.the-orb.net/encyclop/lang...s/gothic1.html

and project wulfila
    http://www.wulfila.be/

i'm actually seaching other similar stuff about transformation of latin into what will be italian and in general "lingue romanze", i mean provenzal-franch, spanish, portuguese, rumenian and local variants of dialects, like the "ladino" spoken in some mountain valleys of north italy, austria and switzerland, or the dead languages like the langue d'oc.
    - i know this stuff, but i've read it on my italian books of latin i have no idea if there is something on the web.

-edit:
    found something too.
    just for start...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Latin

a text to download by university proxy
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/j81774w105564405/
    Last edited by Mylae; November 02, 2006 at 01:29 PM.

I think the sound mod is great!

one major problem though the use of the F word when troops are shouting insults at each other, it is unsuitable for a mod that is hosted on a pg 13 site, it doesnt add much to the expirance of the battle anyway and should be removed when u release the next version of ur sound pack,

apart from that u have done well!
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Thanks and you are right. I missed that.I will change that the next version.

something went wrong for me.

(brb to make pics)

when i downloaded the files from filefront i did it in the sequence of 1,2,3 as i was supposed to. then as i extracted it to the main rtw file i overlaped all 3 files so it was saved over each other.

i played the game on a custom match to see if it had installed properly. I can hear the latin, but i already had the latin mod before. But when i exited i got this message

i dont get what happned btw i have 2 copies of the latin mod now because i had installed it into bi beforehand. the sound file is in 2 spots, do i have to erase one of them? I also erased the original sound file and replaced it with the original bi to place the "oldevent" with (i thought) any sudden errors. I belive i did something stupid by doing that. please help

Last edited by Lavastein; November 04, 2006 at 04:20 PM.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Have you tried to play Battle of Chalons by any chance ?

if so thats sort of message will come out when you exit RTW.I will get eventually historical battles updated with new units

as for the rest - sorry but I can only speak for the music sound tracks I have worked on: Music DAT and Music IDX files goes to main sounds folder of RTW NOT to BI sound folder.Only descr_sounds_music file should go to main BI data folder

Usual rules of backing up old files should be applied

now off to see new episode of "Supernatural" :tooth:

BTW I don't think you should rename events.idx file...but not sure if that would effect latin voices
    Last edited by Hans Kloss; November 04, 2006 at 04:56 PM.

i almost forgot to mention that i belive i also have another music mod on this file. that may be the problem. the one from rtr. hmm ill have to check tht up and no i didnt try to play historical battle.

btw it is in main sound folder. that says \rios bi mod\rtw\data\sound

after further investigation i believe i have officialy screwed up my install.
    Last edited by Lavastein; November 04, 2006 at 10:49 PM.
    Without a sign, his sword the brave man draws, and asks no omen but his country's cause

Please make a fresh install of bi 1.6 and then IBFD 6.05 and then sound mod.It is just a copy paste business.I have changed all the sound ids because i had to plug in all the voice mods.So you need a fresh installation.And dont forget to rename the files i mentioned in the readme.

Guys in my spare times i work hard for an update.Please make some comments about what is wrong or what can be added.Thanks :hmmm:

i have to erase my entire mod folder and make a clean rtw folder. then downlad the mod and the update then the sound folder again. thats 1 days worth of work. but ill do it anyways. i love this mod.

Ihatemonday
    I would suggest adding additional music tracks for more variety to the battles to enhanse critical moments of tension.The voice mods are excellent ....I even play with them only turning down the music.
    Excellent work
    I dont mind a bit harsh language in the back ground to spice it up
    Look forward to your next release

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Adding tracks does not a lot in way of adding more variaty to custom battles.During the battle usually only 5 random tracks are played, most of the time the same ones over and over - not sure if that got anything to do with RTW hardcods.Anyway more tracks - bigger the file ,I'm not 100% sure but there is a limitation to how large Music.DAT file can be.

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS
    Ihatemonday
    I would suggest adding additional music tracks for more variety to the battles to enhanse critical moments of tension.The voice mods are excellent ....I even play with them only turning down the music.
    Excellent work
    I dont mind a bit harsh language in the back ground to spice it up
    Look forward to your next release

Thanks and the next release will satisfy you i guess cause i will add some more tracks.But as HansKloss mentioned the size will be big i am afraid but there is no other way.Sound files are big.

as i sat at my desk in a custom battle in barebones hearing the britsh scream out cool arnold and r lee ermy quotes that makes me want to play the game more. i thought of something.

i already added the rtr custom music and the latin voice mod for my vanilla folder. If i indeed make a copy of my vanilla folder it would be of the same type that i had originally placed invasio on. So i know i screwed up my original invasio copy by trying to add the sound install, wouldnt i be doing the same thing by adding it once again? Could it be the rtr and latin voice mod messing up the sound mod? or can i add it without a mess up? I dont want to have to make a third copy of the game

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

When the generals are making there speechs before the battle do they speak in latin?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

wannabe latin... with british accent could be good just for romano-british maybe.

Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast