Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Pictures & Videos Thread

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Total War: Attila - Pictures and Videos thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shapur e Sassani View Post
    Why does the sassanid soghdian warrior looks like after Islam infantries! Sassanids never used sash and a mask like that
    Unfortunately because it is a common depiction of them, going purely off unit cards the game's Arab Cavalry look like Berbers with those Amazigh face wraps.

Osprey images removed because of copyright issues - Maximinus Thrax

Out of interest, what should the Sughdians look like if not this?
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 09, 2015 at 05:45 AM.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Province management:

And random siege pic:
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Again CA dont have any clue against siege path finding bugs.... so they demolish a good part of town wall ... ehh

^ Bahram IV, the Sassanid/Sassanian emperor should have a beard:

Also, the western Roman emperor Honorius was 11 in 395 AD, so should look childlike or at least adolescent, unless the Western Roman guy is meant to represent Stilicho.
    They've certainly done their homework on who was ruling each barbarian tribe at the time.
    I quite like that they went with the legendary king Faramund (bottom left) for the Franks though probably he didn't exist. I suppose it's better to give them a mythical king than the probable arrangement at the time, which would be two kings (often brothers) co-ruling the Franks. A Frankish king should have long flowing hair however.

I haven't heard of a Biorgor leading the Alans at this time, Respendial and Goar are referred to leading different Alani groups in the very early 400s and definitely in 406. I Googled him and apparently there was an Alani Biorgor king in the mid 5th century, but I can't find evidence at the time of the game. Maybe they're just including a plausible name in the absence of any conclusive sources.
    Some of these barbarian kings simply don't look kingly enough, they look like the average warrior. Godigisel, the vandal king, bottom row, second from right, really looks like he could be a nobody in a warband, apart from his bright trousers. I like that they've reserved the Sutton Hoo helmet for the Saxon king now, it was probably ceremonial, but makes him look appropriately prestigious, as long as they don't make it standard unit armour like in the promotional picture:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Him and the Hun leader, Uldin, are the only ones out of the barbs who really look like they could be leaders of a civilisation.
    Last edited by GussieFinkNottle; January 12, 2015 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GussieFinkNottle View Post
    ^ Bahram IV, the Sassanid/Sassanian emperor should have a beard:
    That's the least of his problems. All the faction leaders look somewhat historically inaccurate, but Bahram is laughable, even I, that I'm generally not worried about uniforms, find him horrible. He looks more like an effeminate Safavid prince than a Sassanid emperor. Honestly, I suspect that CA googled persian emperor and just used the first result.

Pċsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial/b/610218049

Twich Saxon gameplay. Plenty of Battles.

The Saxon faction color light green is way too prevalent though, it just looks bad. Same with the Franks.

Also the Saxon King uses his daneaxe with a one handed sword animation.

Creative Assembly Eastern Roman campaign gameplay live: http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Negative 82 food?

Now that's a problem.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

There are a stream now.
    http://www.twitch.tv/totalwarofficial

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

anyone have any footage of a field battle?

So I decided to make this spur of the moment. I think it came out pretty good all things considered.

Is it only me, or does the units shown thus far look extremely dull and uninspired? Minimal variation in costume, and what there is, is usually extremely drab. It's bizarre to see what is supposed to be viking raiders look like they wear standardized, government-issue uniforms.
    CA needs competition.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Slaxx Hatmen View Post
    Ah ok cool. Good to know they made it into the game. I wasn't trying to be a hater or anything.(I actually preorderd )
    they are actually pretty badly implemented. from what darren talked about. they are like moving props, nothing more. it will take a while for tw cities to finally be alive with citizens.

edit: for anyone interested, ca's own tw channel on youtube got a super in depth video of the horde moving cities mechanic, it is freaking awesome.

edit: forgot to ask, anyone knows of an attila preview video that does super close ups of the battles? showcasing unit collision, push, blobs if any etc. basically an entire video focusing on everything battle related.
    Last edited by craziii; January 17, 2015 at 11:02 PM.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Playing as Romans will be quite challenge to deal enemies in North-East area. :0

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

From what I've seen of the campaigns the youtubers previewed, N.Africa will also be pretty hectic for the WRE.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Default Siege of Constantinople video - Warrior of Sparta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9AbMRuLV8s

My thoughts:
    It's such a waste for CA to build beautiful cities like that and not give us a City View feature to look at them. It should be an easy thing for them to do.

I wonder why Constantine's Wall is destroyed in the video? It should be a fallback position for defenders.

It's disappointing that land forces attacking the city have to attack the gates and can't attack the wall in any other place. That's going to make things boring and seems like a big waste.

Having places for boats to land and easily enter the city kind of defeats the whole purpose of the Theodosian Walls.

Hearing the Rome 2 horns in Attila makes me cry a little. The same with the voice acting coming from the units and sound effects. It's going to constantly painfully remind me of Rome 2.

If the bloody Emperor of Rome dies in battle it should zoom to him or show a picture in picture of him. A notification should also appear on the screen and the advisor should let you know. Right now it's like a complete non event. The game doesn't care at all.

The civilians in the city seem to have no AI.

This is why Attila needs a beta.
    Last edited by Riekopo; January 20, 2015 at 01:22 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    Is that bronze armor I see in the outfits of the Eastern Roman Emperor and Western Roman Emperor? Wasn't bronze armor completely phased out by this point? Hell, by the 1st century AD? Or did officers still have bronze armor in a traditional, ceremonial sense? Or is that simply gilt iron? Could be the latter.

Also, even for a late Roman spatha cavalry sword, those swords they have there look pretty damn long, just like late medieval swords. Is that accurate? I somehow doubt they were that long, although the spatha was obviously much longer than the gladius.