Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Pictures & Videos Thread

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: FIRE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    CA on Carthage Demo= "As I said before, this is not the actual gamplay yet, and it is way pre alpha".

Which means it will be worse when it launched. Have fun.
    Well "half empty or half full". As long as they focus on it and make it less cpu demanding or just flat out let the game use multi core....... over all just a higher focus on performance over all.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

fire does look pretty good. but im offended by that generic oriental Hollywood music. like I said before Richard beddow is a .

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    fire does look pretty good. but im offended by that generic oriental Hollywood music. like I said before Richard beddow is a .
    It's not really that bad, it remained me a bit of Jeff's Shogun 2 music.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    It's not really that bad, it remained me a bit of Jeff's Shogun 2 music.
    and that fit for that game. but it feels out of place for the huns. I would prefer something like the scythian music from EB :

right now it just sounds like a wanna be game of thrones wildling theme:
    Last edited by RedGuard; October 17, 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Default Re: FIRE!! CA Londinium Clip

THOSE projectile trails OMG not again
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    and that fit for that game. but it feels out of place for the huns. I would prefer something like the scythian music from EB :

right now it just sounds like a wanna be game of thrones wildling theme:
    Hmmm yeah it seems a lot of people tries to be like Hans Zimmer, but again I do like Hans Zimmer :3 (please don't stone me for that yes!)

Of topic:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I really like this one:

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Honestly, I look at this video and I see TWR2 with fire.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total War: Attila - Pictures and Videos thread

Man those smoke trails are going to ruin my FPS, that is if it's the same drop as the smoke in Rome 2.

Can we get comprehensive inclusion of all the pictures and videos in the opening post?
    The Armenian Issue

Interested to see how this pans out, but CA needs to get a dev blog of some kind out ASAP detailing exactly how their siege escalation mechanic works, because the first thing I thought when seeing that was "are my buildings randomly gonna set on fire even if the enemy doesn't have catapults with them?"

LewisVee's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    This. Shocking that this isn't an expansion IMO.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am not impressed. I need more. Shadow of mordor sold the game with their 1 hour long uncut gameplay video that actually showed me gameplay + background dev commentary, not 99% dev commentary(or silly customer rep making bad jks ). ca, release videos with more meat please.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisVee View Post
    This. Shocking that this isn't an expansion IMO.

Weren't Napoleon and FOTS also stand-alone games that didn't drastically change the graphics? I haven't played either but that's the impression I've always gotten, if so seems to be CA's MO these days

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Weren't Napoleon and FOTS also stand-alone games that didn't drastically change the graphics? I haven't played either but that's the impression I've always gotten, if so seems to be CA's MO these days
    I really don't understand why some people are against standalones? it doesn't require the original game = better for everyone, especially those who didn't buy rome 2 = bigger market for attila. win win situation.
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

That looks pretty sweet!

Laetus

Default Re: Total War Attila: Humour Thread

Updated - factions screens:

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Amazing pictures. I liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post

This armor is based on Hungarian Nationalist perceptions of Magyar armor, and looks nothing like real Magyar armor, let alone Hunnic armor. The Tunics aren't bad though, they are of the Avar type (as recorded by Pseudo-Maurikios.)

And why is Stilicho a brother of Honorius? Really?
    Partially true, partially wrong. Although do consider to provide sources and proofs for your counter argument.

On the other hand, we are talking about the Huns, not the Magyars. there are several hundred years between those 2, and despite the propaganda and common misconception among many- The Magyars aren't Huns.
    The "Huns" that attacked Rome aren't really the same "Huns" that begin to conquer starting from the East. We lack evidence of what the late Hunnic forces were, but consider the fact, that several European/Caucasian factions joined against Rome, as the Huns unified their forces and made pacts with other minor tribes having a grudge against Roman rule.

On the other hand, when we talk about the "magyars", we are talking about the tribes living on Western edge of the Khazar Khaganate along with Kabars and other smaller tribes, around the 8th-9th century.
    Last edited by HorseArcher; November 24, 2014 at 08:54 AM.