Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Attila Pictures & Videos Thread

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Total War: Attila - Pictures and Videos thread

This armor is based on Hungarian Nationalist perceptions of Magyar armor, and looks nothing like real Magyar armor, let alone Hunnic armor. The Tunics aren't bad though, they are of the Avar type (as recorded by Pseudo-Maurikios.)

And why is Stilicho a brother of Honorius? Really?
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; September 26, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I hope it's possible to change religion e.g. to return Rome to Paganism.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Looks amazing from all of the screens I've seen, and it's one of my favorite eras. I'm officially on the hype train. It will take some effort to get me off. I'm greatly concerned what will happen to some of these features as they relate back to Rome II though.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Quote Originally Posted by nce_wht_guy View Post
    They ARE implementing a dual culture/religion system. Check out Darren Total War's interview. And as I said, while the Catholic/Orthodox division IS anachronistic (1054 is not a definitive year of schism btw, just a dispute between the Patriarch of Constantinople and a papal legate that lead to mutual excommunication of the two individuals) it is an easy way to represent already developed liturgical differences. Paradox uses the terms and represents Chalcidonian Christianity a two separate churches before the 11th century in their games as well.

Just found this :

nice graphics and add on, but they could have made new animations too. I see only old animations.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/andrew881thebest youtube channel dedicated to rome 2 machinimas and movie battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOCm5MJJ14 battle in Germany from "Gladiator" movie remade

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I hope it's possible to change religion e.g. to return Rome to Paganism.
    It is possible, though they said the religion you change to has to already be a major force in your empire and there will be public order problems in the transition.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Default Total War: Attila Gameplay With Developer Commentary

Last edited by Riekopo; September 28, 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: Total War: Attila Gameplay With Developer Commentary

Thanks for sharing this, way better material compared to the EGX footage imo. And i like what i see
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free..." Goethe

"Share my woman, share my wine, share my soul, burn the sun...this is all just for Rome" Triarii

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I watched the full 30 min version which included the campaign map changes. family trees, building chain tree, full tech tree screen instead of broken 27 screens we have in rome 2, the campaign map overview options, all great changes. now I want to see character/agent/general skill trees going the same route as the tech/building chain style. I really liked shogun 2 style character skill trees panels. devastation, scorched earth seems to be very interesting, looking forward to it.

all of my UI complains for rome 2 would be gone. bravo.
    Last edited by craziii; September 28, 2014 at 01:09 AM.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Totalwarzone's Avatar Libertus

Default Total War: Attila campaign map overview. Regions in Scandinavia, A larger Britain and Steppes

Hey guys,

I made a short video on the upcoming campaign map for Total War: Attila. Bear in mind that this is all pre-alpha and subject to change. I really found out some cool things while studying the campaign map.

- It looks like a little bit of Scandinavia is represented in the game now. This really makes the map feel a lot bigger in my opinion!
    - Britain is now divided in 3 provinces and 9 settlements instead of 2 and 6 in Rome II. Britain will be a more prominent theatre of war?
    - A giant expansion into the steppes, there may not be that many settlements but it does stretch the map by a lot.
    - More provinces than Rome II.

I also take a look at the factions that have been seen yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m01OWwSsZWc

You can also see a bit of the map in the mini-map in the following screenshot:

http://www.incgamers.com/wp-content/...-Attila-08.jpg

What do you think?
    Last edited by Totalwarzone; September 28, 2014 at 01:55 AM.

• The graphics look much more realistic and not cartoonish like Rome 2.
    • Sadly I don't see a Guard Mode button.
    • Crossbows seem to be shooting in a very unrealistic arc as if they were using bows.
    • I'm glad they moved the minimap back to the top right corner.
    • They might as well remove the tactical map button and save the screen space. It's never been useful.
    • The siege weapons are still doing a ridiculous amount of damage. It looks like howitzer shells are landing.
    • The unit cards look much better except for the grey background.
    • The unit card UI is wasting space in my opinion. The whole thing has an unnecessary border around it. There are statuses being shown above the cards that could be shown on the cards. The two big soldiers/barricade buttons sticking out on the top is unnecessary too.
    • I think they should get rid of the round/circular UI elements in general. The angles should match the architecture of the day. I think angular would be better.
    • I have mixed feelings about the square icons above units. They look better than Rome 2's garish banners, but people are going to miss banners so they should be included as an option at least. Said banners should be more realistic looking if they are included and only one banner is needed not a million little ones. As for the square icons, I think I'd rather them show your faction emblem instead of the unit class. An option would be best.
    • Projectile trails look rather long. I'd like an option to adjust their length.
    • I don't know if it's me, but projectiles in Rome 2 and this video seem to travel at too slow a speed. It feels off to me.
    • The capture point flags still look garish and out of place. Please make those more realistic looking.
    • I think I hear Mongolian style throat singing. That is awesome. More drums please.

Quote Originally Posted by blackberryalpha View Post
    That was an awesome video thank you. The battles seem to last a lot longer, at least I think. Those onagers were freaking heat seeking though good lord. As others have said the crossbows seem to be firing in an arc, which isn't too much of a problem for me more of an annoyance. I am very eager to see the different levels of siege escalation. While its a temporary band aid for the torch throwing at the gates, its a bad ass one. I pray to the gods that this will actually live up to hype I have for it unlike rome 2. The dark ages interest me more than the classical era to be honest.

I am just worried bout my poor computer with all those fires happening! The optimization got better with EE but my poor budget graphics might melt . While I prefer not pre-ordering if I keep seeing all this stuff being added back its gonna be difficult I must say. I still want my ditches and walls of circumvallation though damnit!

to bad, i dont see "stand ground", or "hold the line" options by units.. i hope bcs. the game is now only in alfa...

• Crossbows seem to be shooting in a very unrealistic arc as if they were using bows.
    Crossbows aren't guns. The firing speed of a longbow is around 40.7m/s, while a crossbow (of the type in the trailer) was around 42.3m/s - not a very big difference at all. The advantage of the crossbow was in not needing much training to use.

• They might as well remove the tactical map button and save the screen space. It's never been useful.
    Disagree. It's a cool feature, Just because you don't use it doesn't mean others do not - I've seen it utilised very well in Youtube videos, especially DarrenTotalWar's tactics videos.

• The siege weapons are still doing a ridiculous amount of damage. It looks like howitzer shells are landing.
    Agreed 100%. Artillery were highly inaccurate during those times... they should be more pray-and-spray and used for damaging settlements, for example with fire, instead of the current precision aimed artillery they are now...
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewinged View Post
    Are those Roman cities? Because some parts of it look a bit barbarian... or perhaps it's just the dirt of the siege?

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Architect of Doom View Post
    Are those Roman cities? Because some parts of it look a bit barbarian... or perhaps it's just the dirt of the siege?
    Looks about right for a provincial town in the fifth century. I think ​it's supposed to be Eboracum.
    Support Russia!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Agreed 100%. Artillery were highly inaccurate during those times... they should be more pray-and-spray and used for damaging settlements, for example with fire, instead of the current precision aimed artillery they are now...
    Where do you people get this information? Roman Torsion artillery, which contrary to CA's belief is something only the Romans had, and sometimes the Sassanids, was extraordinarily accurate. The Orsova engine (a 4th century bolt-thrower) can put bolts in the area of a dinner-table at 800 meters. Although few could shoot that far, most can do that at 400 meters.

Onagers were accurate as well, the ancient sources praise Roman Torsion Artillery as extraordinarily accurate in comparison to Avar Traction Trebuchets. the reason why it fell out of use is because the Romans took the Traction Trebuchet and could use those en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Where do you people get this information? Roman Torsion artillery, which contrary to CA's belief is something only the Romans had, and sometimes the Sassanids, was extraordinarily accurate. The Orsova engine (a 4th century bolt-thrower) can put bolts in the area of a dinner-table at 800 meters. Although few could shoot that far, most can do that at 400 meters.

Onagers were accurate as well, the ancient sources praise Roman Torsion Artillery as extraordinarily accurate in comparison to Avar Traction Trebuchets. the reason why it fell out of use is because the Romans took the Traction Trebuchet and could use those en masse.
    The bolt throwing weapons were very accurate, but the bigger artillery that threw stones weren't nearly as accurate or powerful as shown in Rome 2 (or Atilla). Really it's a disappointment, because it makes scorpions absolutely worthless...
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Scorpio was the name for the Onager in this era (as well as Onager) because naming directly reflected the construction of the machine (Euthytone vs. Palintone frame.) Roman Onagers are praised as being incredibly accurate. I can't remember the name of the 6th century source (want to say Theophylact) but this article has it:

http://deremilitari.org/2014/06/byza...the-trebuchet/

As for the "Roman Town," I've seen images of the walls of York and they certainly did not have wooden crenellations on top, nor did they have "Lighthouse of Alexandria" style watchtowers.

Portchester:

Lugo:

And one of the more fancy ones, the Black Gate of Trier, for a time the capital of the Western provinces of the Roman Empire in the 4th century:

Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; September 29, 2014 at 06:56 PM.

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

Total War: Attila - The Siege of Londinium - EGX Twitch Stream Recording ~ Lionheartx10 + CA Dogbert

“To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionheartx10

Several off-topic posts have been removed, since this is the Pictures and Videos thread, not a debate on Onagers vs Walls. Please remain on topic.