Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Huns are not going to be playable

Default Re: The Huns are not going to be playable

Quote Originally Posted by RexImperator View Post
    Most people don't seem to know that Attila was in fact a failure who was forced to withdraw from all his major campaigns and never won a significant battle and who's ultimately futile assault on the Roman Empires caused the Hunnic Empire to collapse. Civil Wars and Germans ended the Roman Empire, the Hunswere not the massive existential threat they are being depicted as. So I doubt anyone will really care about where the Huns actually were at the time, they'll be to busy drooling over how cool Attiladon the Despoiler's Black Legion of Horse doom will be as they watch Attila Ride his burning skeleton horse across fields that will spontaneously combust at his arrival while his daemon sword reapsa fearsome tally of christian souls.

This world shall burn...HA!
    Attiladon is gonna break his arms drawing a bow.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by nce_wht_guy View Post
    Has it actually been confirmed that the Huns wont be playable?
    not really, IGN says they won't, Polygon says they will. its confused.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I love the concept, might actually make the grand campaign interesting mid to late game. Attila is simply the great antagonist you will have to deal with.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

I have no problem with the Huns not being playable PROVIDING that once you kill Atilla he stays dead and doesn't continuously respawn etc. Would be great to have some giant multi-stack apocalyptic battle, slay Atilla then have the Hunnic empire break up and start fighting amongst themselves in a giant civil war....

❋ Flavius Belisarius ❋'s Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticBarbarian View Post
    Would be great to have some giant multi-stack apocalyptic battle, slay Atilla then have the Hunnic empire break up and start fighting amongst themselves in a giant civil war....

I was thinking about the same. What if we kill him in the very first battle against the Hun ? Would be the shortest war ever if their army disband.
    The description Last of the Romans (Ultimus Romanorum) has historically been given to any man thought to embody the values of Ancient Roman civilization —values which, by implication, became extinct on his death. It has been used to describe a number of individuals.
    Flavius Belisarius (505?–565), one of the greatest generals of the Byzantine Empire and one of the most acclaimed generals in history. He was also the only Byzantine general to be granted a Roman Triumph.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    From CA's own words, they said this game was supposed to be a unique "Survival Strategy" experience. The Huns will be monsters, razing and pillaging across Europe, a seemingly unstoppable force that you will need to stand against.

The game is named Attila, not because you are supposed to be the Huns, but because you are supposed to defeat the Huns. You are supposed to withstand the Huns.

Personally, I have little interest in playing Horse Archer factions. I like heavy infantry and pikes, so I probably would not play much as the Huns anyway. But as it is, I do like this idea. It seems unique.
    Put another way: From CA's own words, they said this game was supposed to be a unique "Survival Strategy" experience. The Romans will be monsters, razing and pillaging across Europe, a seemingly unstoppable force that you will need to stand against. The game is named Rome, not because you are supposed to be the Romans, but because you are supposed to defeat the Romans. You are supposed to withstand the Romans.

Its not that people do not understand the concept, its that they disagree with it. While it would be fun to survive against the Huns, it would also be fun to play them.
    Epictetus: former slave and stoic philosopher

So everybody is now buzzhyping over this. There is no such thing as bad publicity. When you know a lack luster release is coming you create controversy. Because controversy equals people talking about it.

This wil be CA in a few weeks/ months:
    "We listened to the fans and will make the Huns playable. " * CA Sents out mass press releases. Once again in all the game magazines. *

Fans: "Yeaah. Ca you so awesome. Total War rules and is so great."

* CA marketing team pats themselves on the back. *

Don't believe the hype. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck then it is probably a duck. Could be wrong of course. Were talking about a company (SEGA) which is based in a country which practically invented exporting jobs to cheap labor countries. Do you really think they care about you as customer? They care about the dollar, and hate anyone who does not kiss their butt. They don't care about the game anymore. This is just about getting as much dollars out of your pocket as they can. Give your money to games that actually do their best for you as a customer.

CA is good at playing the victim, when they are the one doing the crime. They are losing customers, but don't care, because still making a profit. So you can whine all you want here, it is not going to change anything that won't make them money. Wake up and smell the coffee. Worst case they'll try to shut this forum down. See how the announcement has it's own members only area. They want to control the press and you. Stockholm syndrome. Now if the game was half way decent no one would care cause quid pro quo. But their making shoddy products, so people are complaining even more. Train wreck waiting to happen. Sad but true.
    Last edited by WoollyMammoth; September 27, 2014 at 06:52 AM.

nce_wht_guy's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by WoollyMammoth View Post
    So everybody is now buzzhyping over this. There is no such thing as bad publicity. When you know a lack luster release is coming you create controversy. Because controversy equals people talking about it.

This wil be CA in a few weeks/ months:
    "We listened to the fans and will make the Huns playable. " * CA Sents out mass press releases. Once again in all the game magazines. *

Fans: "Yeaah. Ca you so awesome. Total War rules and is so great."

* CA marketing team pats themselves on the back. *

Don't believe the hype. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck then it is probably a duck. Could be wrong of course. Were talking about a company (SEGA) which is based in a country which practically invented exporting jobs to cheap labor countries. Do you really think they care about you as customer? They care about the dollar, and hate anyone who does not kiss their butt. They don't care about the game anymore. This is just about getting as much dollars out of your pocket as they can. Give your money to games that actually do their best for you as a customer.

CA is good at playing the victim, when they are the one doing the crime. They are losing customers, but don't care, because still making a profit. So you can whine all you want here, it is not going to change anything that won't make them money. Wake up and smell the coffee. Worst case they'll try to shut this forum down. See how the announcement has it's own members only area. They want to control the press and you. Stockholm syndrome. Now if the game was half way decent no one would care cause quid pro quo. But their making shoddy products, so people are complaining even more. Train wreck waiting to happen. Sad but true.
    Okay, so just don't buy the game. Internet rants clearly aren't helping.
    Support Russia!

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

The might of the huns is because of Attila's ability to control subordinate tribes. When attila died, the Hunnic empire retracted to the point of not being a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by nce_wht_guy View Post
    Okay, so just don't buy the game.
    Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. It's tempting, I mean the presentation looked awesome. The battle demo looked awesome, and at the same time, with Rome II and Empire as recent examples. It would be a long bridge to cross for me to buy this any time soon. Anyway Total War has taken enough of my free time.

Only time will tell. CA planted a seed, whether they will be able to deliver or it will remain a fairy tale, well that is something that nobody can predict as of yet.

For those who do buy the game. GL HF. I'm sitting this one out. Tired of the hype roller coaster.
    Prefer playing a game that is fun instead of talking about a 'figment of the imagination' game.

// End of contribution to Attila Total War
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; September 27, 2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: not needed

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

Most people would wait until they hear something more official than IGN(orant) before insisting they totally won't buy the game, but of course y'all aren't most people. (Polygon said you can play as Attila however)
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

All I have to say is Ai Attila better be beast!

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

Who would want to play as the huns anyway? In every attempt to play as a horse archer faction in rome 2 ive quit after the first battle or two. The skirmishing never works and the voices are down right horrible(borderline racist) They should really get some new voice actors for this attila game. Someone who actually takes it seriously and doesnt sound mentally deficiant. Heres to CA taking themselves and the fans more serious.......

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    All I have to say is Ai Attila better be beast!
    Don't worry. If it isn't, we'll just be spammed with endless stacks. Not that I'm complaining though. I bet the CAI will be better than Rome 2's making it decent.

Well, an important faction like the Huns being unplayable is definitely a serious drawback. Will this be overcome by how well will CA implement them in the game? We have no idea (I doubt they'll be like the Mongols in Med.2, IF there was the horde feature, ca would have no reason to make them unplayable), but I tend to be pessimist. It's not like Omaha style battles have been such a great addition to Rome2.

Good idea if done well.

I have doubt on the "well" part CAI better not suck as in most TW vanilla.
    Last edited by Butan; September 29, 2014 at 08:09 AM. Reason: obscene reference removed

Imagine a Napoleonic wars game without France !!!

Imagine a American revolution game withouth Thirteen colonies !!!

Imagine a WW1 OR WW3 game without Germany !!!

Imagine a Hunnic wars game without Hu.....

Hold on boys there is no need to imagine this one just grab Atilla Total war

This is silly man I mean what the hell they are thinking a DLC release come on this is stupid...

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by fizy45 View Post
    Imagine a Napoleonic wars game without France !!!

Imagine a American revolution game withouth Thirteen colonies !!!

Imagine a WW1 OR WW3 game without Germany !!!

Imagine a Hunnic wars game without Hu.....

Hold on boys there is no need to imagine this one just grab Atilla Total war

This is silly man I mean what the hell they are thinking a DLC release come on this is stupid...

It seems that CA was desperate to avoid the title Barbarian Invasion 2 so they chose the most famous barbarian leader and slapped his name on the game but made his faction function like the Mongols in MTW. Who can explain the thought process behind some of CA's decisions. At least this time I don't care either way.

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

For the umpteenth time, save the complaining for when we actually know the Huns aren't playable as opposed to a single IGN article saying such and being contradicted by others.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    For the umpteenth time, save the complaining for when we actually know the Huns aren't playable as opposed to a single IGN article saying such and being contradicted by others.
    It's preemptive complaining based on more evidence than an IGN article. If people complain now there is a chance that CA will implement the Huns as a playable faction.