View Poll Results: Pre-ordering Attila ?

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • I pre-ordered Rome 2, I will pre-order Attila

77 18.78%
  • I pre-ordered Rome 2, I will not pre-order Attila

214 52.20%
  • I didn't pre-order Rome 2, I will pre-order Attila

12 2.93%
  • I didn't pre-order Rome 2, I will not pre-order Attila

83 20.24%
  • I don't know

24 5.85%
  • Other ( please, let us know ! )

10 2.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to pre-order it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    It's far more likely we'll get some of the new TWA updates retrofitted back to TWR2 if we DO NOT PRE-ORDER TWA Seeing tepid interest in the game, CA/SEGA will announce some TWA features will going to TWR2 to earn our good will.
    spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    It's far more likely we'll get some of the new TWA updates retrofitted back to TWR2 if we DO NOT PRE-ORDER TWA Seeing tepid interest in the game, CA/SEGA will announce some TWA features will going to TWR2 to earn our good will.
    Keep championing the cause Huberto +rep
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 01, 2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: dp/merged

Default Re: Are you going to pre-order it ?

Definitely will not pre-order Attila. Rome 2 was the last straw. I may pick it up on bargain at some point in time but will definitely not pay full price.

I'm also irked at the idea of a "non-expansion" expansion. Don't call it a standalone game, cause it's not. It's a glorified mod, and that's it.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Just a piece of advice. You have to be monumentally shortsighted (or lack medium term memory) to pre-order another game from CA (or any game company this days to be honest).
    But meh, it's your money going down the drain anyway.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; October 02, 2014 at 07:50 AM. Reason: At request of the best moderator on TWC.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Wow, the poll shows a lot of people who have learned nothing at all from RTW2. This is really very sad indeed. Anyone preordering is NOT helping the consumer or the gaming industry at all.

edit: Whoops, silly me, read it wrong! People DO learn from the past after all.

Still sad to see some who just don't care at all.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; October 01, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

its their money and they can do what they want with it to suggest they should behave just like you is frankly insulting to their intelligence

United we conquer, divided we fall.

well thats unfortunate for you then because there will always be people who will pre-order

in the mean time you can always get your games from GOG if any developer has earned 'goodwill' its CD project red

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    United we conquer, divided we fall.

People can spend their money how the wish. For better or for worse.

Also games on GOG that are brand new = far more expensive than games on Steam with far less deals. GOG is great if you want to play Settlers or Dungeon Keeper, not so much new titles as the pricing is awful.

Gaben is a God and my savings attest to it - Shadow of Mordor for £15!

Last edited by Sharpe; October 01, 2014 at 07:21 PM.

in GOGs defense when I purchased witcher 3 they gave me codes to redeem to the value I overspent

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Yep, people can simply burn their money in a binder, if that's what they want, I mean, that wouldn't be totally stupid either, and suggesting otherwise would be a insult to their intelligence.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    people can simply burn their money in a binder
    The thing is the person who pre-orders will not share that view. He/she will be actually excited for the release date and most likely enjoy the game despite it's doubtless flaws.

To suggest they are wasting their money because you don't approve is indeed insulting and suggests that they lack the agency that those who apparently "know better" possess. At the end of the day if some kid buys the games and has a cracking time with it regardless of the product it will be money well spent. It's the lads who analyse every facet of the game that will end up on TWC complaining.

I bought Rome 2 for brothers Bday. He loved it - the music, the armour, the soldiers etc and this is a bloke who loves stuff like COD and Halo. He played it for a few hours every week and still sometimes does. He hasn't even heard of TWC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post

People can spend their money how the wish. For better or for worse.

Also games on GOG that are brand new = far more expensive than games on Steam with far less deals. GOG is great if you want to play Settlers or Dungeon Keeper, not so much new titles as the pricing is awful.

Gaben is a God and my savings attest to it - Shadow of Mordor for £15!
    I said a long time ago I'd rather pay £10 more over retail to have a game I can play whenever I want, free from the net holding me back like a chain when it arbitrarily feels like it. Someone, somewhere has realised that not a lot of people love Steam and want FREEDOM with their games. I buy my game from GOG it is mine. I can save it to disc and play it again 10 years later, never needing to ever go online. You can't do that with Steam. See how far your `cheap` game gets you when Steam cuts you off because you failed to log on. It's also better on the environment as well.

Gaben is FAR from a god. It's sad people like you even think such a thing. Just goes to show how the system will brainwash people until they cannot see any alternatives to the status quo.

Pre-order is stupidity, I won't even pre-order GOG games, one only needs to think about what pre-ordering actually IS. Buy it on release day, if you must, but there is no real advantage to pre-ordering. Utube and articles are filled with the reason why, just look it up. You've been warned.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; October 01, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

I said a long time ago I'd rather pay £10 more over retail to have a game I can play whenever I want, free from the net holding me back like a chain when it arbitrarily feels like it. Someone, somewhere has realised that not a lot of people love Steam and want FREEDOM with their games. I buy my game from GOG it is mine. I can save it to disc and play it again 10 years later, never needing to ever go online. You can't do that with Steam. See how far your `cheap` game gets you when Steam cuts you off because you failed to log on. It's also better on the environment as well.

Gaben is FAR from a god. It's sad people like you even think such a thing. Just goes to show how the system will brainwash people until they cannot see any alternatives to the status quo.

Pre-order is stupidity, I won't even pre-order GOG games, one only needs to think about what pre-ordering actually IS. Buy it on release day, if you must, but there is no real advantage to pre-ordering. Utube and articles are filled with the reason why, just look it up. You've been warned.

Although I do agree with your stance on pre-ordering (it helps no one but companies), you guys act too high and mighty over this, as if the unwashed Rome 2 enjoying peasants who pre-order games need your wisdom to see the light, and that your stance is the only true one.

Not pre-ordering.Why would someone pre-order from CA again ?Didn`t we got screwed enough with Empire, Napoleon now Rome II.I remember the pre-alpha footage from Rome II .... aparently some forgot about that.Atilla has all the things that should`ve been implemented to Rome II from launch, why would I pay for something that I already payed for a year ago and did not got, damn it.I expect a major patch with these changes for Rome II then I`ll buy Atilla.These bs practices are ruining Total War and must stop, it`s the tw players who can do this since they have all the power (money).

To me Atilla TW is the Napoleon of Rome II, I don`t see this deserving to be a standalone title at full retail price, it`s just another way for them to cash in from us.Atilla should be a DLC or an expansion like Fall of the Samurai.
    Last edited by Pseudolivius; October 02, 2014 at 03:25 AM.

Another unhappy fan of the TW series here after having pre-ordered Rome II with huge enthusiasm.

Whilst the game is now playable, it's still missing far too many features and, like many others have said before me, Atilla is starting to sound like the game RII should have been. I will not be pre-ordering Atilla.

Not pre-ordering.Why would someone pre-order from CA again ?Didn`t we got screwed enough with Empire, Napoleon now Rome II.I remember the pre-alpha footage from Rome II .... aparently some forgot about that.Atilla has all the things that should`ve been implemented to Rome II from launch, why would I pay for something that I already payed for a year ago and did not got, damn it.I expect a major patch with these changes for Rome II then I`ll buy Atilla.These bs practices are ruining Total War and must stop, it`s the tw players who can do this since they have all the power (money).

To me Atilla TW is the Napoleon of Rome II, I don`t see this deserving to be a standalone title at full retail price, it`s just another way for them to cash in from us.Atilla should be a DLC or an expansion like Fall of the Samurai.
    Spot on...

Also remember above all the pre-alpha hype from Rome II.. the gritty "saving private ryan" style graphics in the Carthage-vid, we all know what happend with that.. Now look at the new dark "apocalypse"-style graphics in the new Attila-vid. Remember the Rome II custom battle-vid against the "AI". Remember all the cool features that was going to be in Rome II and what then happend.
    ....Now look at CA:s Attila preview again....

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I've had Steam for the best part of 6/7 years. Saved a lot of money - when Steam does cut everyone off - which will never happen by the way, it's extremely naive to think a company like that would just 'stop' - I will probably not be gaming very much anyway.

You get free extra stuff for pre-ordering. Greek States for example in Rome 2.

It may not be liked but that is the gaming industry.

I voted "other" by accident, but Im actually not going to pre-order. After the debacle that was the RTW2/ SimCity's releases Ill never buy another game on release day ever again. The sad thing is, I bet this release will go off without a hitch. People will sing/praise about how awesome CA is, then it'll go to CA's head and the next game they'll release will screw up. Just look at what happened when everybody praised CA for the release of Shogun 2, it went to the publishers head and then they screwed up the release of RTW2.
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    well thats unfortunate for you then because there will always be people who will pre-order

in the mean time you can always get your games from GOG if any developer has earned 'goodwill' its CD project red
    Gamers are so silly. If you went back in time, say a decade ago so 2004, a gamer then would tell you that Creative Assembly and Bioware are pretty cool companies.

If you want to distrust companies and not buy into hype that's valid. However don't kid yourself that gaming companies, all of them, big or small, won't ever put out a game you won't like or make you feel like they've disconnected with you. If you want to put CD Projekt Red or Paradox on a pedestal then you are going to be perpetually hurt and angry. I mean Witcher 3 isn't even out yet and guess who is not pre-ordering it based on the fact he did not like the second game and felt it was over-hyped and silly: Me.

Make it less about brand loyalty and more about the kinda games you like and work best for you and you will be a lot happier in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudolivius View Post

They've always put out an expansion. The only difference between Attila and Barbarian Invasion (Which it is but in name only) and Kingdoms is this is standalone. But they are following precedent going back further than Empire.