Thread: The Augustus Campaign is great but...

Default The Augustus Campaign is great but...

seriously, this campaign is the most fun I had in years.
    the only campaign remotely close to this was playing Broken Crescent as the Crusaders.

However there is one thing that kills the game for me and that's "Vigils", the AI is constantly recruiting these poor bastards and when the AI finally recruits decent units it spams first cohorts.
    there does not seem to be a balance to the recruitment at all. it is either spam the best troops available or the worse ones available.

Default Re: The Augustus Campaign is great but...

Vigils sould not even be recruitable and its known by CA now so i think they will update the AIs recruitment roster with the next patch.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

I agree entirely, wonderful map and set up ruined by lack of Romans to fight and if you do finally track some down to fight it's just a bunch of civvies.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Pee_Alot View Post
    Vigils sould not even be recruitable and its known by CA now so i think they will update the AIs recruitment roster with the next patch.
    Did they post that somewhere ? Yes, Vigiles should only be garrison units, if they indeed need to be in the game at all. I hope while they're at it, just take out the Velites too.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

For my part the Roman Armies have a lot of legionaries...

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    Did they post that somewhere ? Yes, Vigiles should only be garrison units, if they indeed need to be in the game at all. I hope while they're at it, just take out the Velites too.
    Yes i seen it in there Support forum: They said that they will look at it, So i hope they will do so and change it with the next patch.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

will they still be making patches or by saying this as the defining patch that means it?

Started playing as Lepidus Rome with this DLC; no mods. Again, as happened with Hannibal DLC, impossible situation; no enough money, Pompey as enemy too strong, and Marcus and Egypt also at war against me. Will try with another faction but definitively Lepidus is unwinnable in normal difficulty for me.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Do the primary characters (Augustus, Lepidus, Antony, Sextus Pompey, Cleopatra, bunch of famous generals and such) actually die of old age in the campaign?

I once read in an old thread that aside from grand campaign, no special characters die of age in these mini-campaigns and can live on for hundreds of years. How stupid and lame. I hope this is not the case in Augustus campaign because that is basically a variant of grand campaign that I would like to play for centuries worth of time.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Do the primary characters (Augustus, Lepidus, Antony, Sextus Pompey, Cleopatra, bunch of famous generals and such) actually die of old age in the campaign?

I once read in an old thread that aside from grand campaign, no special characters die of age in these mini-campaigns and can live on for hundreds of years. How stupid and lame. I hope this is not the case in Augustus campaign because that is basically a variant of grand campaign that I would like to play for centuries worth of time.
    The four great leaders of Caesar in Gaul can't die unless their factions do, but I don't think the other campaigns have that. Not sure.

Also the other campaigns do tend to be set in a smaller timeframe with more turns per year, so they'd probably have to be going quite a while before characters reached old age.

But could be wrong.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.