Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transports only through ports! [TWC Exclusive!]

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Transports only through ports! [TWC Exclusive!]

Transports only through ports!

Quite a few months ago I had seen a mod on the Steam Workshop called "Port Only Transports". The premise was simple, transport fleets can only leave out of Port cities, but can land anywhere. However, for some reason the author decided to take his version off of the workshop. I'm not entirely sure why, but seeing as I enjoyed the mod I have decided to remake it for TWC.

My version of the mod also increases the action point cost of a transport fleet going from sea to land slightly, making it so that once landed an army can move little, if at all. This makes deciding where to land all the more important as you will not be able to retreat if attacked and will have to fight where you stand.

To install, simply unzip the file and drag the now unzipped .pack file into your Steam/Steamapps/Common/Total War: Rome II/Data folder. Check it off in your mod manager of choice and launch the game! It is save game compatible.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Default Re: Transports only through ports! [TWC Exclusive!]

Excellent job! I have been waiting for someone to do this for a while. It just makes the most sense.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Interesting, I'll give it a try.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Does the AI is able to use it properly?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noobier View Post
    Does the AI is able to use it properly?
    Yes, the AI is able to use it properly as all it does is change the value of "Action Points" that it takes to go from beach to the sea to a number that Armies can not get.

Basically, if they really want to move their armies to sea they'll use a port. It's happened very rarely with me, and in the cases they did it was to attack a specific place.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

I'm using the mod and it works very well.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

This looks excellent. Will give it a shot. Cheers.

It looks excellent and is excellent.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Well it's stopped the AI from retreating straight into water after a naval invasion defeat which makes it a lot more realistic- Now when it lands on land it has to fight or die. Doesn't seem to cause the CAI any problems getting ships to water. Seems like a thumbs up for me!

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Wow, this seems an awesome mod, especially listening that this doesn't cause big problems to AI.
    I'll surely try on my next campaign.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

only problem is that agents cannot get out of island as they never will have enough of points to embark again, and they cannot use enemy port for that...

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    only problem is that agents cannot get out of island as they never will have enough of points to embark again, and they cannot use enemy port for that...
    This should only be effecting Armies, are you sure it's effecting Agents?

yes, it is.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Hm, strange. I'll look into changing that.

I'm not sure if this is related with the mod, but in my current game I have a military alliance with Knossos. I moved an army to Knossos so that I could recruite Cretan Archer Mercs, but I can't leave the islands again. I tried to move my army through their port, but then it got stuck just of the coast - it turned into a fleet but it can't move. I tried the next turn, but nothing happens, it's stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    I'm not sure if this is related with the mod, but in my current game I have a military alliance with Knossos. I moved an army to Knossos so that I could recruite Cretan Archer Mercs, but I can't leave the islands again. I tried to move my army through their port, but then it got stuck just of the coast - it turned into a fleet but it can't move. I tried the next turn, but nothing happens, it's stuck.
    I have the same problem w/ knossos forcing me to disband my army and also with my agent. I think this mod just bugs out on some island in the game. Too bad this mod truly fix transport ship issue.

I hope you make this mod for Attila too. I'm shivering at the idea of a Hunnic horde camping at sea !

Also, is the agent issue resolved ? And why not upload it on steam ?

Quote Originally Posted by leboboti0606 View Post
    I hope you make this mod for Attila too. I'm shivering at the idea of a Hunnic horde camping at sea !

Also, is the agent issue resolved ? And why not upload it on steam ?
    I'd been looking for a way to solve those hordes at sea! I really hope this works... if IlluminatiRex doesn't make this mod for Attila, I can make it easily (with his permission of course). It's just two changes in a table. But great idea; very simple solution to something that's been bothering me for a while! I can't believe this wasn't tried before (or that it wasn't very well known I guess). I'm going to make a version for my own use to test this right now...

Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, Augustusng will be/has made one for Attila. We had a PM exchange about it back in March. And sorry for the lack of updates, I got caught up with other things (mainly school) and I sorta forgot about it.
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; April 27, 2015 at 10:18 AM.

Very important mod - thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast