Page 93 of 506 FirstFirst ... 43688384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103118143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 10104

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.4 Released

Quote Originally Posted by d'Asseaux View Post
    So the DaC is a switch-mod, isn't it?

I hope you really rework the map in the fation selection sreen. It seems even not showing one of the factions (Umbar).
    Honestly, some of you make me pull my own hair out. Look one post above your own. LITERALLY the post before yours. If you are the guy who only a few posts ago told me he 'reads everything' then what hope have I got that the rest of the users will get the information I put out?

I do not know what a switch mod is. You can have multiple copies of Third Age and thus different submods. You CANNOT have more than 1 mod on a single copy of Third Age:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

Foederatus

Hi,
    I really love this mod that you guys put together. I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, since I am new to this forum, but I was wondering if it is possible to get these photos/pictures/wallpapers that are used in loading screens throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Honestly, some of you make me pull my own hair out. Look one post above your own. LITERALLY the post before yours. If you are the guy who only a few posts ago told me he 'reads everything' then what hope have I got that the rest of the users will get the information I put out?
    It's the first time I meet so rude and arrogant mod developer.
    Firstly, I didn't say I read the whole topic, only the first post and the last ones - I've no time to read 100 pages.
    Secondly, I've read the post just before my previous one. It has nothing about Umbar. And I just expressed the hope that you will be able to realize your plan to change the map just in v.0.5, paying attention to the fact that all the factions must be presented on the map.
    Why did you become so nasty? Have you misunderstood smth? If so you'd better to specify, not to blame anybody.

I really wonder how you can develop such a complicated mod if you need to be explained such simple things.

I do not know what a switch mod is. You can have multiple copies of Third Age and thus different submods. You CANNOT have more than 1 mod on a single copy of Third Age:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)
    If you are so ignorant, it's your problem, not of your readers. Switch-mod is a mod that is installed in a separate subfolder in "mods" MTW folder without changing any files beyond its own subfolder. That allows to play the mod as well as other mods and vanilla.
    I never asked whether I could install several mods in a DaC folder, don't consider me to be so stupid, please.
    I asked whether it's possible to use other MTW mods, installed in other folders in "mods" MTW folder, when DaC has been installed. It's a good tendency now to make one's mod as a switch-mod, but there still can be exceptions, that's why I'd like to find it out.

If you examine the image posted, which shows the new image of the map on the faction select screen for 0.5, you will see that, yes, Umbar are on it.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; February 12, 2015 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    If you examine the image posted, which shows the new image of the map on the faction select screen for 0.5, you will see that, yes, Umbar are on it.
    I'm not a modder, so I'm not sure that the absence of Umbar in 0.4 is not a result of somewhat like a map cut in the game. If it'll be present in 0.5 like in the post mentioned it'll be fine, but why the developers wouldn't tell this straight without swearing?

I'm not a modder, so I'm not sure that the absence of Umbar in 0.4 is not a result of somewhat like a map cut in the game. If it'll be present in 0.5 like in the post mentioned it'll be fine, but why the developers wouldn't tell this straight without swearing?
    d'Asseaux, after spending a brief time here you will, I hope, realise that I am not rude or arrogant and am swift to answer users questions and have routinely been praised on how helpful I have been. I was merely highlighting the irony that you asked us to redraw the campaign selection screen in a post DIRECTLY AFTER a post where I showed you the new campaign selection screen; with Umbar on it. Can you not see how funny that is?

You don't have to deal with the huge number of questions that have been answered several times. I monitor both TWC and MOD DB and it sometimes drives me crazy that people don't read things or just blindly ignore stuff so I apologise if I have snapped at you, that is not my intent.

I have never ever heard it called a switch mod, I apologise for that. I can only guess DaC isn't a switch mod because, to use any other mod you will need another TATW folder.

Lastly, never accuse me of swearing, never does a situation call for offensive language and I resent the claim heavily.

@twyhein:
    They are already on your computer in this directory:
    ...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\loading_screen

Wohooo I just installed DaC for the first time and it is great! Thank you for your afford
    and greets from

d'Asseaux, after spending a brief time here you will, I hope, realise that I am not rude or arrogant and am swift to answer users questions and have routinely been praised on how helpful I have been. I was merely highlighting the irony that you asked us to redraw the campaign selection screen in a post DIRECTLY AFTER a post where I showed you the new campaign selection screen; with Umbar on it. Can you not see how funny that is?
    May be. But I meant a subtle aspect that 0.4 map, as present in the thread of initial release, includes Umbar too, but in game it's not so. That's why I assumed that the game engine cuts the 0.4 map somehow, and I was worried that it will do the same with 0.5 map. Sorry if the explanation is not distinct enough.

You don't have to deal with the huge number of questions that have been answered several times. I monitor both TWC and MOD DB and it sometimes drives me crazy that people don't read things or just blindly ignore stuff so I apologise if I have snapped at you, that is not my intent.
    Lastly, never accuse me of swearing, never does a situation call for offensive language and I resent the claim heavily.
    All right, apologise is accepted. But I'm not Englishman nor American too, so I apologise if I have picked the wrong word.

I've already noted you react in the mod threads regulary, and it's certainly good of you. I understand well how stupid people can be sometimes, may be I conveyed my questions in a wrong way.

I have never ever heard it called a switch mod, I apologise for that. I can only guess DaC isn't a switch mod because, to use any other mod you will need another TATW folder.
    You probably misunderstood. I spoke not about other submods for TATW, but about other mods for M2TW. Like... Stainless Steel, for instance. They shouldn't require another TATW folder. If DaC is a switch-mod (like TATW) we can play SS freely, having DaC installed in the same time (but in another folder, where TATW has been previously installed).

upd
    I can't find the initial map now unfortunately. It must be in another thread. But it's not so important now, I think.

I was hoping that was the language barrier!

TBH the lines between "switch-mod" (which I hadn't heard of either) and sub-mod are blurry. TATW is a "switch-mod" but this submod(of TATW) requires a separate install of TATW. For simplicity of instructions and troubleshooting it is probably best to use a fresh M2TW install for novice users. I'm sure you can understand the guys that spend hours upon hours working on these projects might eventually sound a bit short when repeatedly answering the same questions.

Developing these mods is an iterative process and some things like the map are just awaiting updates. Overall though this is a beta release and I'm sure it didn't escape your notice that the 0.4 release still says 0.3 in-game. I'm sure someone won't do that again for 0.5! :p

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Excuse Lord Arachir there, what dougal said is right though. Modding is very long and tiring process, these guys work their buts off in every spare hour they have to work on this and other mods and answering questions. I've tried modding myself. tried to make a square but didn't get very far at all haha! ended up pulling my hair out so i can't imagine the shifts these guys put in everyday so excuse Arachir there, he's helped me and many others so many times with this and other mods and it can be frustrating when answering questions repeatedly. Arachir just got abit heated and he has apologized for it he's a good guy but we're all human but not me as i'm a black numenorean (gave my soul to sauron!)

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Mae Govannen!

I would like to bring you a small preview of the recent changes to the regions of the map. This will act as an interim 'whistle-wetter' until Hummingbird has finished working his magic on the Avari of Dorwinion and Zarathos reveals a unit that has been a secret even to me up to this point; lets just say that the Temple of Melkor will be a little bit more useful for the East in future!

Now to the preview. Below are two maps, one map shows the world at turn 2 and the second shows the same map with the 'new' regions highlighted and the old ones crossed off. Before the maps though, here is a detailed breakdown of the changes to the map:
    Deleted Regions

• Buckland (Shire)
    • Tookland (Shire)
    • Northern Forochel (Most northerly region)
    • Helevorn (small village between the sea and northern Ered Luin)
    • I am sorry to say this as I loved the name and the back story I wrote for it but, Lond Nirnaeth (Western Isles off the coast in the north west)
    • Sakal-an-Dalajaf (Umbar's most southerly region, bottom left)
    • Arysis (rebel province in the bottom right)
    • Druadain Forest (Next to Minas Tirith)
    • Fangorn West (useless second Fangorn region)
    • Caran (Small province in Mordor between Nurn and Seregost)

New Regions:
    • Oiolad (first of two new regions in northern Eriador) - Fuirost (rebel)
    • Border Lands (second of two new regions in northern Eriador) - Gobedrain (rebel)
    • Western Wold (northern Rohan) - Rochburg (rebel)
    • Lone-Lands (south of Amon-sul) - Tirdhuin (Northedain in turn 1 auto expansion)
    • Gladden Fields (between Seleburg and Rhosgobel) - Duinburg (Anduin)
    • Central Mirkwood (Ronseal) - Enethaur (rebel)
    • Hills of Rhudaur (north of Imladris) - Dôl Brin (Misty in turn 1 auto expansion)
    • Scorched Plains (North of the Black gate, east of the Brown Lands) - Dôrthalu (rebel)
    • Rhovanion (north of the previous province, they both split the caravarad province up) - Rhawburg (rebel)
    • Hollin (west of Moria) - Annon-en-Orod (rebel)

Additionally, Lorien now has roads in both provinces and Mirkwood now has roads throughout. There were a few other border changes here and there but nothing major. Bar-i-Donyonach, Ost-in-Ery, Fanuilond and Gelebrin all moved position as well.

New Map

New Map with Changes

If anyone would like to know the meaning of any of the names feel free to ask and stay tuned for a major unit preview including Khand, Dorwinion, Mordor and Northern Dúnedain!

Regards
    Arachír Galudirithon
    Araeinior e-Hûd'oll DaC

Berio i refn-en-alph len.

hmm, Northedain going to fighting Angmar, OotMM and Dunland likely enough. best of luck to them, hope they've had a buff or two! and daaaaaang that Harad province, can't decide if that's going to be great or terrible from an OCD making-a-nicely-shaped-empire point of view. a couple of potential suggestions though - perhaps remove Bree's auto-capture of Caras Celairnen? I feel like they don't need the help first off (though maybe that's changed for the new patch), and secondly it would be cool to have the Northedain 'hold the line' on the Northern front by themselves, more in line with lore, as well as giving them a real job, whilst bree can focus on the wildmen. secondly, and i admit to not being really sure about this - perhaps give Ramlond to Umbar? Dol Amroth often takes Gobel Mirlond i find, and if Umbar had Ramlond that would give an opportunity for those Corsair stacks to stretch their legs a bit. not to mention the fact that since DA got the Harondor provinces a monster has been created, and Harad could frankly use the help, especially early on.

in my current campaign i removed a lot of the auto-take scripts. firstly, i removed the Ds of E from getting the Grey Mountain foothills province (can't remember the name) - Thranduil got it first, but the Dorfs are actually still fighting the OotMM, just along the north which i thought was interesting. this actually also got Thranduil involved, and he's fighting both the nearby Orc factions now (and has somehow managed to bribe a Nazgul.... the mind boggles). I also nerfed Enedwaith, and that led to Isengard conquering all the way down to the Western coast and fighting Gondor and Rohan. the end result was a still-extant Rohan by turn 100. a struggling Gondor admittedly, but i have a large-ish role to play in that... eheheh.

i should really just write up another campaign report, love the sound of my own voice (/typing) too much.

Well one of the changes is that the Northedain no longer start at war with Dunland right off the bat so they won't have them to deal with right away. Still Dunland are notoriously aggressive so I'd say conflict is almost certain to occur eventually!

Another side effect of the map changes in the north-west is it forces Angmar and Ered Luin into war much sooner. So nasty as Angmar is they won't have to fight them alone.

No words, seems so good so far

Quote Originally Posted by dougal83 View Post
    @Cat-astrophic You can try but... it'll only affect new games I think. I'm not sure if there is a theoretical limit on turns in the game engine either. I always get bored around turn 200.
    Ok. You are part of the mod team right?

I want to contribute with your mod posting what I notice that could be wrong. I noticed that sometimes the message "settlement is ready to upgrade" doesnt show up! My little village of Ost-in-geil (I think) has the option to upgrade to town but I received no message about it.

Edit: Btw I just took the village of Fensburg from goblins and it had a total of 7 people living in it o.O. The population is not growing every turn it is 7 even though it has 2 farms built in it.
    Last edited by Cat-astrophic; February 12, 2015 at 03:10 PM.

Mae Govannen!

I would like to bring you a small preview of the recent changes to the regions of the map. This will act as an interim 'whistle-wetter' until Hummingbird has finished working his magic on the Avari of Dorwinion and Zarathos reveals a unit that has been a secret even to me up to this point; lets just say that the Temple of Melkor will be a little bit more useful for the East in future!

Now to the preview. Below are two maps, one map shows the world at turn 2 and the second shows the same map with the 'new' regions highlighted and the old ones crossed off. Before the maps though, here is a detailed breakdown of the changes to the map:
    Deleted Regions

• Buckland (Shire)
    • Tookland (Shire)
    • Northern Forochel (Most northerly region)
    • Helevorn (small village between the sea and northern Ered Luin)
    • I am sorry to say this as I loved the name and the back story I wrote for it but, Lond Nirnaeth (Western Isles off the coast in the north west)
    • Sakal-an-Dalajaf (Umbar's most southerly region, bottom left)
    • Arysis (rebel province in the bottom right)
    • Druadain Forest (Next to Minas Tirith)
    • Fangorn West (useless second Fangorn region)
    • Caran (Small province in Mordor between Nurn and Seregost)

New Regions:
    • Oiolad (first of two new regions in northern Eriador) - Fuirost (rebel)
    • Border Lands (second of two new regions in northern Eriador) - Gobedrain (rebel)
    • Western Wold (northern Rohan) - Rochburg (rebel)
    • Lone-Lands (south of Amon-sul) - Tirdhuin (Northedain in turn 1 auto expansion)
    • Gladden Fields (between Seleburg and Rhosgobel) - Duinburg (Anduin)
    • Central Mirkwood (Ronseal) - Enethaur (rebel)
    • Hills of Rhudaur (north of Imladris) - Dôl Brin (Misty in turn 1 auto expansion)
    • Scorched Plains (North of the Black gate, east of the Brown Lands) - Dôrthalu (rebel)
    • Rhovanion (north of the previous province, they both split the caravarad province up) - Rhawburg (rebel)
    • Hollin (west of Moria) - Annon-en-Orod (rebel)

Additionally, Lorien now has roads in both provinces and Mirkwood now has roads throughout. There were a few other border changes here and there but nothing major. Bar-i-Donyonach, Ost-in-Ery, Fanuilond and Gelebrin all moved position as well.

New Map

New Map with Changes

If anyone would like to know the meaning of any of the names feel free to ask and stay tuned for a major unit preview including Khand, Dorwinion, Mordor and Northern Dúnedain!

Regards
    Arachír Galudirithon
    Araeinior e-Hûd'oll DaC

Berio i refn-en-alph len.
    What about the new map of Firefreak?He is still working on it?

Pleased, dust is so annoying, can you lower it effect

Quote Originally Posted by Cat-astrophic View Post
    Ok. You are part of the mod team right?

I want to contribute with your mod posting what I notice that could be wrong. I noticed that sometimes the message "settlement is ready to upgrade" doesnt show up! My little village of Ost-in-geil (I think) has the option to upgrade to town but I received no message about it.

Edit: Btw I just took the village of Fensburg from goblins and it had a total of 7 people living in it o.O. The population is not growing every turn it is 7 even though it has 2 farms built in it.
    No, I'm just a random, and I like to think helpful forum user. The settlement upgrade notice doesn't show when a village reaches it's initial growth target. I think this behaviour is a bug from the vanilla M2TW game. It sounds like the population is terminally low in Fensburg and as a result will never grow as growth is a percentage increase. I'd recommend shipping in some fertile young women via the console command "add_population Fensburg 100".

FireFreak was called away almost as soon as he returned. He does hope to mod the map to its fullest again but only time will tell if he is able to dive in. In the meantime I learnt a few of the basics (you would genuinely be surprised how easy it is to edit regions) and did some of the much needed changes as seen in the map.

@Cat...
    Fenburg has a healthy pop at game start I can only assume your game 'freaked out' and someone massacred everyone. This normally doesn't happen as the game caps how low a town can go. A town needs to have something like 120 minimum to actually grow due to the percentage growth rate calculation so you could whack all the farms you like on it it ain't gonna grow. Cheat to add people as dougal says.