Page 9 of 506 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by 56prinetime View Post
    Maybe if you weren't so rude in the first place than he would have cared about your comment. Calling something he worked on "crap" is not going to make any friends.

I wasn't rude originally, and I notice he addresses every issue BUT this one, and I didn't even bring it up until I noticed he continued ignoring this same issue which was brought up by someone else before me. I mean really, think about it, Mordor's MAIN purpose is to get the ring back, revive Sauron, and rule the world. Take that out of the equation, and what you have is pretty empty and dull. Even Saruman can obtain the ring and get all 9 nazgul, the OOTM can get the Balrog, and any good faction CAN get the ring and destroy it, all of that works, but Mordor actually getting the ring and Sauron being revived, THAT part's broken? Are you kidding me? It's crap is what it is. And secondly, he didn't work on the one ring script, nor was he a founding member of the mod itself. The one-ring script already exists and works fine in TATW vanilla, so how is it that they don't seem to care that it STILL doesn't work in this supposedly bug-fixed patch?

It's because they have no idea how to fix it, and so they avoid the issue entirely just like they've been doing. It could have been VERY NICE to list that in the first post of this thread, saying "One ring script is bugged for Mordor atm, will need fixing later", but nope, that would require having common sense. Even worse, the scripts for the one ring and the movie cinematics, they all popped up, but no sauron appeared, and then a turn later it said I lost the ring blah blah blah. Again, that doesn't happen in the vanilla version, so they did something to fark it all up, and still hasn't been fixed all this time later, let alone addressed.
    Last edited by YuilenZ01; September 30, 2014 at 02:29 AM.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Is there a full list of submods this release uses? Also particular question - does this use latest custom settlements by Leo.civil.uefs ? (would be good to see stuff like custom Annuminas, Fornost models, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by rusty887 View Post
    the same thing is happening with Moria, dac is supposed to be using leo's new moria but isnt
    also i get a crash like 9/10 times i play moria, it always happens near the end of the battle
    We aren't using Leo's new Moria, we decided against it as we don't have the mapping skills to add it in at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    You really are dense, aren't you? You ignore one of the biggest flaws in your crap mod because you're too embarrassed to admit you don't know how to fix it, and so you ignore the issue. You've ignored the other guy who talked about it as well. Yeah, I don't hold your ineptitude in high regard either. I played this mod to test out the game and play as mordor, because in case it never occurred to you, this game revolves around Mordor, and the one ring script works just fine in TATW vanilla. Why bother to have the one ring script and feature in your mod at all, if it's BROKEN? I bet you didn't even have the common sense to at least test it out before releasing it in the patch.

I've been watching this mod's progress for years, and it still has the same continuous bug flaws that ruin it or make it unplayable. Guess I'll consider this mod to be dead and in the morgue, and maybe when I come back 5 years from now, it'll be something worth playing, let alone worth mentioning in the same sentence as "TATW".

EDIT: Oh, I also had 5 CTDs during that campaign. Try testing out Mordor late game.

I wasn't rude originally, and I notice he addresses every issue BUT this one, and I didn't even bring it up until I noticed he continued ignoring this same issue which was brought up by someone else before me. I mean really, think about it, Mordor's MAIN purpose is to get the ring back, revive Sauron, and rule the world. Take that out of the equation, and what you have is pretty empty and dull. Even Saruman can obtain the ring and get all 9 nazgul, the OOTM can get the Balrog, and any good faction CAN get the ring and destroy it, all of that works, but Mordor actually getting the ring and Sauron being revived, THAT part's broken? Are you kidding me? It's crap is what it is. And secondly, he didn't work on the one ring script, nor was he a founding member of the mod itself. The one-ring script already exists and works fine in TATW vanilla, so how is it that they don't seem to care that it STILL doesn't work in this supposedly bug-fixed patch?

It's because they have no idea how to fix it, and so they avoid the issue entirely just like they've been doing. It could have been VERY NICE to list that in the first post of this thread, saying "One ring script is bugged for Mordor atm, will need fixing later", but nope, that would require having common sense. Even worse, the scripts for the one ring and the movie cinematics, they all popped up, but no sauron appeared, and then a turn later it said I lost the ring blah blah blah. Again, that doesn't happen in the vanilla version, so they did something to fark it all up, and still hasn't been fixed all this time later, let alone addressed.
    Sir

Firstly, I forgot to reply to the other person, I didn't purposefully ignore him.

Secondly, I am not too embarrassed to admit I don't know how to fix it, you don't understand how annoying it is not knowing how to fix scripts and having to rely on others to fix them. The other team member of DaC edited the one ring script in an attempt to get it to work and as far as we knew it did work. Now I could just blame it on him and move on but I shan't but of course we will try to fix it. To satiate your desire for information I can tell you why it is still broken:
    a previous team member, Arandir Tur-Anion decide he would change the one ring script completely, make an entirely new process. Then he abandoned DaC without a word and we were left with his half finished project that didn't work at all. Zarathos then spent a long time learning how to edit scripts so that we could actually release a working ring script and he essentially edited the vanilla ring script back in. Now for a learner I think he did a good job and I apologize that the final feature hasn't worked in your game but that is where we are.

Thirdly, I try to rigorously test every feature of this mod before we change anything and certainly every change I make is tested many times. I am afraid that I do not have the time to test out every faction in a full length campaign as this is a hobby not my job, do bare that in mind.

Fourthly, this is not a bug fixing patch it is just all the work we have been doing since the last release. We had two options, either sit on the mod and only I get to play it or, given its past popularity, why not just release all the work we currently have done as there is a tonne of new content. There are bugs, we knew there would be, it is a beta release.

Fifthly, I apologize that we cannot fix everything, and as you point out, I am not a founding member. People leave modding behind, people get bored, just have a read of the old team list. I am merely a fan of this mod who didn't wish to see it die when it was in a very unplayable state. If you think it is still in an unplayable state then I shan't argue with you but pointing out the bugs and asking for help fixing them if you want them fixed immediately is perfectly fine. If you have a problem and I know how to fix it then PM me and I will happily teach you how to fix it in your own game.

Lastly, please stop making sweeping statements like 'that would require common sense' or getting so irate in your posts. Life is too short friend to go on the internet with a mask of anonymity and shout at modders, go out and enjoy the nice weather? Go and have a drink with friends? I am sure your girlfriend would rather you spent the time berating us with her wouldn't she? Obvously that is over the top and a lot of assumption work but the point remains true, i am not going to tell you to go die or that your mother should be killed for giving birth to you like the majority of the internet would, I shall simply say, thank you for your bug report, we will add it to the list.

Do keep the reports coming and if you have any other problems or reports or wish to discuss the ring script further, don't hesitate to PM me.

Regards
    Galu

Yuilzen and Arachir..You both are long winded fellows
    Arachir...I really appreciate you taking out time and not letting this fantastic piece of work die...God Bless you Mate!!

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post

Dude, you really have to appreciate at least the effort that has ben given to that mod, YES YES YES it has bugs, but why shouting and insulting the modders?The mod is still a beta tester and give attention to the word tester! Its not a full game yet... there were many problems when the old team abandoned dac without saying a word and leaving stuff half(e.x scripts).. And Zarathos had to force himself to learn editing scripts so that he could finish the work..and he did a really good job!Arachir, Zarathos and also the other current members were the ones that kept this mod alive..And last...ITS NOT THEIR JOB, the are not obliged to stay all day and work non-stop for YOUR entertainment,its their hobby, show a bit of appreciation!!
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Hello, just experienced a crash on turn 16 as the Kingdom of Mirkwood. I've had a longer campaign as them previously but I started a new one today as all the names in my faction randomly changed to something else.....anyway, this is the first time its happened.

edit: the crash hasn't repeated itself when I relaunched the save and clicked end turn again.
    To summarise the log file below, lots of campaign script errors.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    10:37:54.542 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    10:37:54.558 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    10:37:54.620 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    10:37:54.636 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    10:37:54.683 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    10:37:54.729 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    10:37:54.761 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    10:37:54.776 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:38:32.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 11291, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scripts (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    10:38:32.265 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 11291, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction turks (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_town vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction russia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction khand (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ents (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction united (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    10:48:42.229 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4170, column 101
    you have chosen an invalid tile(252, 381) for Arwen (egypt)
    10:48:42.230 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4293, column 17
    couldn't find Celeborn's character_record
    10:48:42.230 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4299, column 1
    The character record High Marchwarden Haldir is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.
    10:48:42.231 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 4299, column 1
    The character record Galadriel is neither married, nor has a father and will be ommited from the game. She needs to be defined as a relative
    10:48:42.259 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 6958, column 12
    You have chosen an invalid tile(505, 482) for the settlement of Forodwaith.
    It will mean not being able to reach this settlement and is a bug.
    For now we'll ignore it.
    11:01:07.569 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8178, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairShipEdhellond Locked 1
    err: character not found

11:01:07.594 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8250, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderEdhellond AIBoost 1

11:01:07.594 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8251, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderEdhellond Locked 1

11:01:07.594 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8252, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderEdhellond GoodCommander 1

11:01:07.594 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8253, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderEdhellond GoodSiegeAttacker 1

11:01:07.594 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8254, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderEdhellond LoyaltyStarter 1

11:01:07.595 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8255, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderEdhellond ReligionStarter 1

11:01:07.606 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <siege_settlement>, at line 8257, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Attacker <CorsairInvaderEdhellond> doesn't exist.
    11:01:07.629 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8280, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairShipAnfalas Locked 1

11:01:07.655 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8339, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderAnfalas AIBoost 1

11:01:07.655 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8340, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderAnfalas Locked 1

11:01:07.656 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8341, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderAnfalas GoodCommander 1

11:01:07.656 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8342, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderAnfalas GoodSiegeAttacker 1

11:01:07.656 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8343, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderAnfalas LoyaltyStarter 1

11:01:07.656 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 8344, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    give_trait CorsairInvaderAnfalas ReligionStarter 1

11:01:07.677 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <siege_settlement>, at line 8346, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Attacker <CorsairInvaderAnfalas> doesn't exist.
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28850, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent unit
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28851, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28852, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28853, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28854, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28855, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28856, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28857, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.525 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28858, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28859, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28860, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28861, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28862, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28863, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28864, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28865, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28866, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28867, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28868, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 28870, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u2'.
    11:47:10.526 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 28870, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u3'.
    11:47:10.527 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 28870, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u4'.
    11:47:10.527 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 28870, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u5'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u6'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u7'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u8'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u9'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u10'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u11'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u12'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u13'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u14'.
    11:47:10.528 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 28870, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u15'.
    11:47:10.528 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 28870, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u16'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u17'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u18'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u19'.
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a4u20'.
    11:47:10.528 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <label_unit>, at line 28924, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    label_unit referenced non-existent army
    11:47:10.528 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <define_unit_group>, at line 28925, in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'a6u1'
    12:03:12.354 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by gaunty14; September 30, 2014 at 09:22 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I have to say that this mod looks absolutely awesome, and I can't wait to try it out myself.

To Arachir: Please ignore the haters. You guys are doing a great job!

To Yuilen: Show some appreciation, man! These guys are working their asses off to provide you and the rest of us with free entertainment! Go outdoor and get some fresh air and enjoy the good weather if you're still pissed about your Mordor campaign not working flawlessly, and keep in mind that this is still a BETA release...

- Is it possible to play Multiplayer with someone ? I would like to play it with the mod but I guess it is not possible.

- Is it possible to add a script choice at each game, which give options to increase/reduce difficulty ? For exemple I think of a script which supress the free resplenish of generals. It is absurd (especially for elves or Dunedains) and break the game (you can won entirely game just with generals).
    Last edited by Koko_Fr; September 30, 2014 at 08:54 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

OK guys, Arachir Galudirithon have replied to the matter well enough, and just as he do not want any flame war over this, nor will I tolerate it.

Posts that are
    inappropriate and over the top has been deleted, and I do not want to see more of it. There's no constructive results to gain, and thus no point to overlook it.

I strongly recomend anyone involved, and more so uninvolved, here to let the matter rest, for the sake of a constructive dialogue; if I see further or increased hostilities and/or more breaches against the Terms of Service, I will act accordingly.
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 30, 2014 at 09:37 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

HEllo everyone !!! Very nice work, can't wait to try the latest patch !!! But i get actually a problem while downloading this patch (0.3) : wiht mediafire or the other , the download always stops around 30 or 50% ! Is everyone else having the same problem ???

Quote Originally Posted by ger300 View Post
    HEllo everyone !!! Very nice work, can't wait to try the latest patch !!! But i get actually a problem while downloading this patch (0.3) : wiht mediafire or the other , the download always stops around 30 or 50% ! Is everyone else having the same problem ???
    Downloaded fine for me and most other people by the looks of it.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

as long as the Isengard one ring script works, i'll be happy
    if it doesnt i might post a YuilenZ01-like response lol

Madness1910's Avatar Foederatus

Hello all. This is my first post at the forum, but I played tatw for years and DaC from the public beta realease. The team did a great job. Downloading patch 0.3 and install were easy and worked fine. I am playing a Dorwinion campaign for 40 turns, no ctds, the units and the map look awesome. Its great fun playing. Thanks!

Tiro

Hi There,

I have tried to apply some changes but It looks like what i have done makes the game crash:

1) I'd like to change the Construction buildings turns... I go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data

and open the export_descr_buildings file replacing all the "construction xx" to "construction 3". Whan i start the game i got a CTD.

2) I have tried to go for the barracks removal as described here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-event-removal

I have the same result of point 1.

is there anything i can do for, at least, point 1 ???

Thanks
    Last edited by Vankar; September 30, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

To edit any of the mod's text files without crashing the game you need to be using "Notepad++" (it's a free download so just Google it), anything else will cause crashes even for minor changes.

And, I'm not trying to be mean here, but this is listed in the Known Issues/Extra Information list on the front page.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    To edit any of the mod's text files without crashing the game you need to be using "Notepad++" (it's a free download so just Google it), anything else will cause crashes even for minor changes.

And, I'm not trying to be mean here, but this is listed in the Known Issues/Extra Information list on the front page.
    I do apologize Sir.

Oh gawd, now I do feel like a meanie...

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Oh gawd, now I do feel like a meanie...
    haha, friend each other then its all sorted.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

patch .3 has made the game a thousand times better, but there is one problem my campaign turn times a really long now, any idea why?

Edit: figured out what was wrong I didn't press the space bar in the campaign map.
    Last edited by Ravagers Prey; September 30, 2014 at 07:26 PM.

Playing as and there are no major problems--a couple of CTD's, but that might be due to my giving modding Amon Sul and (hopefully) Annuminas by giving them garrisons. The mod is great--almost a new game. A lot more depth imo and the work that went into it is amazing (check out how huge the campaign script is for example).

Only one minor bug I've encountered--the ND's body guards rally horn doesn't sound. I'm pretty sure all the other factions do. Does anyone know a simple fix for this?? Maybe copying a line of script from another faction who's rally horn works? Just a minor thing but I'd like to fix it if I can.