Page 8 of 506 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

just out of curiosity, how many ents attacked you? i was too afraid to build the highest tier
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    just out of curiosity, how many ents attacked you? i was too afraid to build the highest tier
    about 10 im probly gonna get crushed if i get the ctd fixed
    build it if u dare lol

also i hve the trace logs but i cant post it all or else my browser crashes >.>

edit- link to log in previous post
    Last edited by rusty887; September 28, 2014 at 10:06 PM.

wow thats a lot.... you need a whole army of Trolls and catapults to beat 10 ents heh

edit - you mean 10 ent units right? like a half a stack?
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Ended up being like around 250. I auto calced out of fear to beat them and I was lucky I had a large army coming through for the numbers. I totally didn't make the connection that they were getting angrier because I was building lumber mills though . Seems rather obvious now...

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Khazad Dum dwarves always wins Moria on the second turn somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankar View Post
    What happened to Patch 0.3 ?

I downloaded it but i cannot open it... it says i cannot open filex extension 0.3 ...

any suggestion ?? ;(

Thanks,
    Vankar
    See the Extra Information section of the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Agelastus View Post
    Just assaulted Carn Dum (from the campaign map as Northern Dunedain against remnants of Angmar.) I was able to appreciate the details of the design much more than usual as it was a lot clearer than normal. Unfortunately this was because the inner walls and towers, the outer towers, the tents and the sides of the bridges were white instead of their usual dull textures.

Anyone else had this? Carn Dum worked fine with the previous iteration (0.2) so I'm surprised that the textures have gone AWOL; maybe it's my installation.
    I have tested this on both of my fresh installs that I created before releasing the patch and did not have this problem. I am afraid this points to a corrupted download or installation sorry. Try not to use your machine whilst it is downloading or installing and run everything as an administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty887 View Post
    hi, ents attacking isengard after i build the highest tier lumber mill is a cool feature, but i get a ctd when i try to start the battle

here are trace logs http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/46693965/file.html
    We will look into this, Z did fix it but perhaps something has slipped the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerz View Post
    Khazad Dum dwarves always wins Moria on the second turn somehow?
    That is correct, we edited the script. Why do you think it is a bug?

I will add this to my sig but I will say it here first, for all future reports, please always read the 'Known Bugs & Extra Information' section before posting anything. If your question has been answered there, I shall not reply. Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by spin6789 View Post
    When playing as Mordor it seems impossible to get Sauron. The event popped up saying the Sauron had the ring and had spawned but he wasn't there. Next turn it said he had lost it.
    Other than that, I have not encountered any other bugs.

I came across this as well, quite the disappointment considering mordor supposedly had its bugs fixed in this patch. I was supposed to bring my one-ring general and garrison him inside barad-dur, but the movie for sauron obtaining the ring popped up as soon as he entered the barad-dur region. The very next turn, it said he lost the ring. Also, Sauron never appeared, nor did any bonuses or armies. Considering this entire mod, even this entire lotr game is based around the one ring and sauron, a bug this bad being released just makes this whole patch seem like crap. Not to mention I wasted 113 turns of hard playing for nothing.

I don't know if it's appropriate to ask a modding question on this thread. If it isn't, I apologize.

I amended Amon Sul's garrison script as per Agelastus's instructions and it now gets a garrison. Worked perfectly. I'm trying to give Annuminas a garrison also as Angmar is all over the place on VH/VH. There's no way to hold Annuminas in the early game as the ND (maybe this is intentional).

I changed Lake Evendim's garrison script to the following by removing "AI controlled" as per Amon Sul, ran the cleaner, but it still doesn't generate a garrison. I changed it to the following--

monitor_event GeneralAssaultsResidence TargetFactionType turks
    and IsTargetRegionOneOf Lake_Evendim_Province
    and I_SettlementUnderSiege Lake_Evendim
    and I_IsFaction turks
    console_command create_unit Kings-Land "Dunedain Garrison" 2 0 0 0
    set_counter garrison 1
    end_monitor

I assume Lake Evendim is Annuminas. If this is true, any ideas as to why I don't get a garrison there?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

The mod is truly great imo. A few ctd's, but nothing to worry about as it autosaves. Isengard's gone from being the class wimp to a bully, which I like.

Libertus

There is a bug I have encountered where the Dain's Halls settlement has the incorrect texture. It is using the old Dain's Halls texture instead of the new one.

Just assaulted Carn Dum (from the campaign map as Northern Dunedain against remnants of Angmar.) I was able to appreciate the details of the design much more than usual as it was a lot clearer than normal. Unfortunately this was because the inner walls and towers, the outer towers, the tents and the sides of the bridges were white instead of their usual dull textures.

Anyone else had this? Carn Dum worked fine with the previous iteration (0.2) so I'm surprised that the textures have gone AWOL; maybe it's my installation.
    Can confirm I had the exact same thing: white/missing textures in Carn Dum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aringtoit View Post
    I changed Lake Evendim's garrison script to the following by removing "AI controlled" as per Amon Sul, ran the cleaner, but it still doesn't generate a garrison. I changed it to the following--

and I_IsFaction turks
    set_counter garrison 1
    end_monitor
    There's an error in the base campaign script; where it says Kings-Land replace with Lake_Evendim.

If you look at the full garrison script you'll see King's Land is actually the province listed above Lake Evendim; when Annuminas is being besieged the script as it stands tries to create a garrison in Edoras.

Amending mine now...

There's an error in the base campaign script; where it says Kings-Land replace with Lake_Evendim.

If you look at the full garrison script you'll see King's Land is actually the province listed above Lake Evendim; when Annuminas is being besieged the script as it stands tries to create a garrison in Edoras.

Amending mine now...
    Thanks Agelastus. I noticed Kings Land and (by the name) thought it might have something to do with Annuminas. If you could post how you amended it, I'd appreciate it. I'm a total modding newb. I get besieged and Edoras gets a garrison?! I hope they appreciate it (arrogant horseman).

The two console commands should look like this -

console_command create_unit Lake_Evendim "Dunedain Garrison" 2 0 0 0

Once again, of course, make sure you use Notepad++ to make the correction. It's a quick copy and paste job.

The two console commands should look like this -

Once again, of course, make sure you use Notepad++ to make the correction. It's a quick copy and paste job.
    My Lake Evendim does read that way. Are you saying that the King's Land script should be changed? Maybe changing the "Northmen elite" garrison to "Dunedain garrison"? I'm a little lost.

It's not vital to the mod that this be changed imo. If Annuminas doesn't get a garrison though, you (or at least I) can't hold it for long with the constant pressure on Fornost. It's lost within a few turns. Maybe that was intended by the modders, but I'd like to hold Annuminas for awhile.

Thanks Agelastus.

Never mind. I see it now. Going to change it and see what happens.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    wow thats a lot.... you need a whole army of Trolls and catapults to beat 10 ents heh

edit - you mean 10 ent units right? like a half a stack?
    yea half a stack of ents, I only hve 1 unit of trolls ;/ but hope my fire arrows will do extra damage
    i dont use artillery tho, think its gamebreaking but yea it'd be easier with catapults

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

Amazing work on the mod Arachir and team! I downloaded it yesterday and it was hard to go to bed last night! Played as Northern Dunadain (mostly) and wow - super hard to survive once Dunland comes swarming. Not sure what I'd do without the console help but it would be daunting to make it work on H/VH.

Love the strat map in particular, the fort graphics are crisp and easy to see. Only issues I've had are the missing graphics for Dunland.

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    I came across this as well, quite the disappointment considering mordor supposedly had its bugs fixed in this patch. I was supposed to bring my one-ring general and garrison him inside barad-dur, but the movie for sauron obtaining the ring popped up as soon as he entered the barad-dur region. The very next turn, it said he lost the ring. Also, Sauron never appeared, nor did any bonuses or armies. Considering this entire mod, even this entire lotr game is based around the one ring and sauron, a bug this bad being released just makes this whole patch seem like crap. Not to mention I wasted 113 turns of hard playing for nothing.
    ...in your opinion, one that I hold not in high regard. Only wasted if you played this entire mod purely to get Sauron.

Quote Originally Posted by Aringtoit View Post
    I don't know if it's appropriate to ask a modding question on this thread. If it isn't, I apologize.

I amended Amon Sul's garrison script as per Agelastus's instructions and it now gets a garrison. Worked perfectly. I'm trying to give Annuminas a garrison also as Angmar is all over the place on VH/VH. There's no way to hold Annuminas in the early game as the ND (maybe this is intentional).

and I_IsFaction turks
    set_counter garrison 1
    end_monitor

I assume Lake Evendim is Annuminas. If this is true, any ideas as to why I don't get a garrison there?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

The mod is truly great imo. A few ctd's, but nothing to worry about as it autosaves. Isengard's gone from being the class wimp to a bully, which I like.
    Good spot from you and Aeg, will add the change to the fixing list. I laughed at your arrogant horsemen quip, they are pretty smug.

Quote Originally Posted by xxclonexx2 View Post
    There is a bug I have encountered where the Dain's Halls settlement has the incorrect texture. It is using the old Dain's Halls texture instead of the new one.
    Will note this down as a bug, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by nilotic View Post
    Can confirm I had the exact same thing: white/missing textures in Carn Dum.
    As I said in my previous post (#146) this was not an issue in my two fresh install tests of our latest patch, I can only presume that an installation or download corruption has occurred on your end. I will do some digging but that is the most likely cause.

Quote Originally Posted by xxclonexx2 View Post
    the same thing is happening with Moria, dac is supposed to be using leo's new moria but isnt
    also i get a crash like 9/10 times i play moria, it always happens near the end of the battle

Maybe if you weren't so rude in the first place than he would have cared about your comment. Calling something he worked on "crap" is not going to make any friends.