Page 51 of 506 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 10104

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.4 Released

Quote Originally Posted by brenny View Post
    how to remove urukai pikeman? They are too strong and ruin game. they destroy everything.
    Pikemen are indeed very powerful. But they are easy to deal with, just distract them with some weak Millitias and charge their back with your cav.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    You can add as many units as you want to your own game. There are 21 spaces left before the limit is reached. I worked on BUS for a short while but at this time I believe we have already used what we would like from BUS.

Ah, so it's possible... And how can I add them?

How to add units is not related to this thread. If you don't know how to do it, you 've better start by reading a relevant tutorial, like this one.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

I'm not that experienced with the unit side of modding, but assuming your not adding any actual textures or meshes into the game then it would be creating the unit in export_descr unit and adding where/how you want the unit created in export_descr buildings.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

LordEdmund1973's Avatar Laetus

I cannot seem to get the clean.bat file working. It constantly tells me that it cannot find the file specified, even when I go and find said file and run the .bat file from that location. Any ideas on how to circumvent this? The file in question seems to be the map.rvm file in the Fellowship Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by LordEdmund1973 View Post
    I cannot seem to get the clean.bat file working. It constantly tells me that it cannot find the file specified, even when I go and find said file and run the .bat file from that location. Any ideas on how to circumvent this? The file in question seems to be the map.rvm file in the Fellowship Campaign
    The fellowship campaign is not playable, if it says it can't find it it is because it has already deleted it. Read my last post.

Thankyou so much for your reply, it works fine now!
    And also, thankyou for creating such a great mod.

Hi,

- Does officers in the units have actualy stats from the unit they originaly came from or they share the stats with the unit they command?

- Does the Aragorn script/missions work when playing ND?
    Last edited by Funeh; December 06, 2014 at 01:53 AM.
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Hi guys i was thinking of starting a remnants of Angmar campaign soon do you think i would get a better experience with the current patch or should i wait for the next patch to go through with the changes?

Angmar is getting a few small tweaks, including a new unit, next patch. But it's not likely to be released for a little while yet so go ahead and play a campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    Does officers in the units have actualy stats from the unit they originaly came from or they share the stats with the unit they command?
    As far as I know, officers are just decorative; they have the same stats with every other soldier in the unit they "command". Named characters, however, can have more hitpoints than the BG unit they command, but these are different and usually easily distinguishable from the officers.
    I can't understand the former; what do you mean with the term "the unit they originally came from"?
    Last edited by gsthoed; December 06, 2014 at 10:11 AM.

I believe he means, say, if you had Imladris Guards as an officer in a unit of Sword Quendi would the 'officers' have the stats of Imladris Guards or the Sword Quendi they're "commanding".

Yes, as far as I'm aware the officers would just share the stats of the unit they're in (this goes for banner carriers too) so they're just decorative. They do however have the original units animations with all the advantages/disadvantages that would imply.

Yes thats exactly what I meant and thanks for answers both of you If you would know an answer to my second question that would be great also :p

The script works wonderfully except at the very end it will crash your game indefinitely. I would do all the missions but never go to Dunharrow with Aragorn; which is very easy.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Hi,

- Does officers in the units have actualy stats from the unit they originaly came from or they share the stats with the unit they command?
    the units they originally come from which is why officers are usually a stronger unit that the ones they're commanding

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratzy2 View Post
    the units they originally come from which is why officers are usually a stronger unit that the ones they're commanding
    That is incorrect, Hummingbird and gsthoed are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratzy2 View Post
    Officers (I underlined it before and I underline it now) are not stronger. And they're not coming from any other unit. I dare anyone to prove me wrong and here is an example: Having on campaign only one of this "another" unit (in the way Funeh meant), recruit a unit with a kind of officer from this "another" unit and tell me if you notice any reduction to the manpower of the former unit due to this.

What is an "officer" depends on some relevant entries in the EDU; none of these entries includes any modification or whatever about the strength of these soldiers. They 're just entries about the number and the battle_models of these soldiers; their strength doesn't change in the same way that a General's strength does not change if you just change his battle_model. I don't know how the animation affects this (and I wouldn't be surprised if I see any slight change), but pretty sure it is not in relevance to the strength of any other unit. Just place a "Sauron" officer into a peasant unit: his strength won't be even close to the one "he" has in a "Mordor Sauron" unit.
    Anyway, there is this discussion in the mod workshop about the "stronger" part, which is more relevant than this thread.

EDIT: ninja'ed

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    The script works wonderfully except at the very end it will crash your game indefinitely. I would do all the missions but never go to Dunharrow with Aragorn; which is very easy.
    Thank you, very helpful. I just got the Dunharrow mission so I asked if it would be worth to do it because of its long and dangerous way So now I know. Aragorn shall join the fields of battle once more.

Only thing that is disappointing is, I expected say mordor armies to be hordes of orcs, yet all the ai sends is armies or uruks, archers, pikes..... goblins you expect goblins but its all black orcs and weird units that arnt goblins..... and angmar is armies of witch armoured things very bizzar, also gothmog isn't an orc?

I see pikemen now move faster, for some units its way way to fast, the guard of the fountain court leap about, leaving their command officers and banner behind so they just mess about trying to get back into formation or wait for them to catch up.

Pikemen and halberdiers were given the same walking speed as other units to help the AI. With them slower than other units the AI will often end up leaving them far behind when it moves to attack; the fights often over before they even get there.

Uruks and Witch-realm orcs are Mordor and Angmar's top tier units. Yes, you will be seeing a lot of them mid-late game.