Page 4 of 506 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

Couple of bugs but I like the changes so far.

1. Amon Sul has a strange settlement- not weathertop (looks like you know that already)
    2. I read through the change log regarding garrison script but must have missed something... what are the changes? I was attacked in the motte and bailey south of weathertop and had no garrison
    3. When clicking on the recruitment per building the description for archers pops back a text missing error
    4. First general to recruit is Chieftain Aragorn... he pops up 5 times until I finally just took him

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Stein View Post
    I have that same bug. The horn's symbol is also an orc until you use it. Then it changes to the normal horn symbol, and then back to an orc when it's recharged.
    Thanks KS. Thought it was just me. It works with every other faction I've tried. Just the ND seem to have the problem. Not a major bug, but I wish I knew how to fix it.

last time fighting rohan was way too hard, now its way too easy
    some suggestions to make rohan stronger
    1) isengard starts out with a barracks (2nd highest level) but helm's deep doesnt start out with any military structures at all, its a huge disadvantage, much harder to defend helms deep
    should have a garrison quarters
    2) when i attacked helms deep, the garrison script only spawned 3 rohan defenders...in vanilla it would have been like half a full stack, made it much more challenging
    the garrison was so weak, i basically walked right in

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Stein View Post
    I have that same bug. The horn's symbol is also an orc until you use it. Then it changes to the normal horn symbol, and then back to an orc when it's recharged.
    There are indeed many UI errors across the board, I thought it was restricted to Dunland but it is not. We adopted a new campaign UI and once again the problem of editing the shared file for the UI has arisen. Our 2d guy who joined and made our changes to UI has since disappeared and hasn't replied to either myself or Z's pleas to aid us still further. I apologize for the messed up UI but that is why it is a beta.

Quote Originally Posted by sereventus View Post
    Couple of bugs but I like the changes so far.

1. Amon Sul has a strange settlement- not weathertop (looks like you know that already)
    2. I read through the change log regarding garrison script but must have missed something... what are the changes? I was attacked in the motte and bailey south of weathertop and had no garrison
    3. When clicking on the recruitment per building the description for archers pops back a text missing error
    4. First general to recruit is Chieftain Aragorn... he pops up 5 times until I finally just took him
    1. Yes it is known, somewhere alogn the line my changes to fix Amon SUl have been overwritten or changed or the installer just didn't run as intended, as soon as I am home I will look into it and put up a rudimentary instruction on the OP to get Amon Sul back.
    2. You only get a garrison in your starting regions, outside of your starting regions you must upgrade your conquered territories before they will get a garrison. Some factions have a few extra regions that get a garrison that aren't theirs at the start. You NEVER get a garrison in an enemies starting region unless you are of the same culture: Gondor would get a garrison in the Northedain's realm and Northedain would get a garrison in Gondor. The AI gets extra garrison regions for certain factions.
    3. I have no idea what you mean here sorry.
    4. That is just a rare chance I am afraid, to have Aragorn to have that name there is no way around the possibility of others being born with that name as names are all stored in one location and are only seperated by faction not by importance or leadership status. I have seen many Orcs called the Witch-king. He shouldn't be called Chieftain though as that is his title not his name. I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty887 View Post
    last time fighting rohan was way too hard, now its way too easy
    some suggestions to make rohan stronger
    1) isengard starts out with a barracks (2nd highest level) but helm's deep doesnt start out with any military structures at all, its a huge disadvantage, much harder to defend helms deep
    should have a garrison quarters
    2) when i attacked helms deep, the garrison script only spawned 3 rohan defenders...in vanilla it would have been like half a full stack, made it much more challenging
    the garrison was so weak, i basically walked right in
    Solid report thank you, I have spent ages fiddling with the balance here sometimes Rohan would hold long into the game other times they fall almost immediately. I should say it is harder as the player as you don't get the large stack that the AI get given at turn 1. The problem is Rohan have the potential to be so strong that if you weaken Isengard, Rohan overruns them in 30 turns or less.

I must admit I was unaware that Helm's Deep was so pathetically equipped, I presumed it had a high level barracks, that will of course be changed and I also didn't realize that it had a pathetic garrison. In comparison, to stop Mordor overwhelming Gondor, Gondor get 8 units of heavily armed defenders in osgiliath and Cair Andros.

I should say and will put this in the op for future users, that because of the large number of factions in DaC and the proximity of many, you will often face no challenge taking down your nearest neighbor, the challenge comes when the faction next to them have expanded into the ruins of their realm and are now knocking on your door. Also of course, it goes without saying that the mod should be played on VH/VH or at least on a difficulty you find challenging. if someone says "oh it is way too easy" but are playing on easy then the post will be ignored. Anywho, many thanks for your report my oxidized friend.

To any and all:

The installer has not deleted the necessary file to make Amon Sul work correctly so, to fix this, you must do the following:

1. To fix the Amon Sul bug head to this directory: ...Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\settlements\south_european\settlements\village - Once there delete the file dwarven_village_b.worldpkgdesc - ONLY THE B FILE NOT A OR C. This should be save game compatible as well.
    2. Run the cleaner once more.

This has been added to the OP under extra information. The last two points are more just general cleaning than necessary fixes.

I have the previous version working fine, except the fellowship campaign would crash. Just installed the new patch, it starts fine, I can choose my faction but when I click play it encounters and 'unspecified error' and quits to desktop. How can I fix that? Thanks in advance.

When I run the clean I get this:

Last edited by Emu; September 25, 2014 at 08:21 AM.

Having a small problem with the Dale battle map. Dale is besieged by Angmar, I sent a small Dwarf relief army with Dale also sending some reinforcments. The dalian reinforcements get there fine, arriving from the east side of Dale without any issue. My army sadly cannot move and is stuck on top of the Lonely Mountain and it just has the 'unit waiting to enter battle' info throughout.
    Last edited by BKB; September 25, 2014 at 07:58 AM.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

1. Dwarven Warrios and Dwarven Miners (they have diferent stats) have same recruitment and upkeep cost when playing as Erebor.

2. Isengard units get tired even if they are not fighting or moving.
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

I encounter the same problem as Emu. But i can still launch the game after faction selection... So the game works in my case, but not the clean.bat file ....
    Also when installing the new patch it said the installation was not 100% successful ... i tried many times, always the same message telling some datas could not be installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaskad View Post
    I encounter the same problem as Emu. But i can still launch the game after faction selection... So the game works in my case, but not the clean.bat file ....
    Also when installing the new patch it said the installation was not 100% successful ... i tried many times, always the same message telling some datas could not be installed.
    If the clean file says nothing can be found then it has deleted them already. It will say that it might not have been successful, it does that to me every time too. Unless it is giving you a list of files that could not be installed then don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    There are indeed many UI errors across the board, I thought it was restricted to Dunland but it is not. We adopted a new campaign UI and once again the problem of editing the shared file for the UI has arisen. Our 2d guy who joined and made our changes to UI has since disappeared and hasn't replied to either myself or Z's pleas to aid us still further. I apologize for the messed up UI but that is why it is a beta.

1. Yes it is known, somewhere alogn the line my changes to fix Amon SUl have been overwritten or changed or the installer just didn't run as intended, as soon as I am home I will look into it and put up a rudimentary instruction on the OP to get Amon Sul back.
    2. You only get a garrison in your starting regions, outside of your starting regions you must upgrade your conquered territories before they will get a garrison. Some factions have a few extra regions that get a garrison that aren't theirs at the start. You NEVER get a garrison in an enemies starting region unless you are of the same culture: Gondor would get a garrison in the Northedain's realm and Northedain would get a garrison in Gondor. The AI gets extra garrison regions for certain factions.
    3. I have no idea what you mean here sorry.
    4. That is just a rare chance I am afraid, to have Aragorn to have that name there is no way around the possibility of others being born with that name as names are all stored in one location and are only seperated by faction not by importance or leadership status. I have seen many Orcs called the Witch-king. He shouldn't be called Chieftain though as that is his title not his name. I will look into it.

Solid report thank you, I have spent ages fiddling with the balance here sometimes Rohan would hold long into the game other times they fall almost immediately. I should say it is harder as the player as you don't get the large stack that the AI get given at turn 1. The problem is Rohan have the potential to be so strong that if you weaken Isengard, Rohan overruns them in 30 turns or less.

I must admit I was unaware that Helm's Deep was so pathetically equipped, I presumed it had a high level barracks, that will of course be changed and I also didn't realize that it had a pathetic garrison. In comparison, to stop Mordor overwhelming Gondor, Gondor get 8 units of heavily armed defenders in osgiliath and Cair Andros.

I should say and will put this in the op for future users, that because of the large number of factions in DaC and the proximity of many, you will often face no challenge taking down your nearest neighbor, the challenge comes when the faction next to them have expanded into the ruins of their realm and are now knocking on your door. Also of course, it goes without saying that the mod should be played on VH/VH or at least on a difficulty you find challenging. if someone says "oh it is way too easy" but are playing on easy then the post will be ignored. Anywho, many thanks for your report my oxidized friend.
    I will get the actual text string it pops up...as far as garrisons that makes sense but amon sul is a starting zone and i do not have a garrison there...is this intended?

To any and all:

The installer has not deleted the necessary file to make Amon Sul work correctly so, to fix this, you must do the following:

1. To fix the Amon Sul bug head to this directory: ...Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\settlements\south_european\settlements\village - Once there delete the file dwarven_village_b.worldpkgdesc - ONLY THE B FILE NOT A OR C. This should be save game compatible as well.
    2. Run the cleaner once more.

This has been added to the OP under extra information. The last two points are more just general cleaning than necessary fixes.
    And that fixed Amon Sul. Thanks.

Btw, how many, or how few of your own units can occupy a settlement (like Amon Sul) that gets a garrison to prevent the AI from generating a garrison?? Sometimes, especially early game, it seems better to keep only two or three good units (like archers) there until your economy builds up or you expand. Just curious.
    Last edited by Aringtoit; September 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM.

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

for some reason at turn 35 realms of imladris the game crashes

Libertus

There is a bug I have encountered where the Dain's Halls settlement has the incorrect texture. It is using the old Dain's Halls texture instead of the new one.

a few turns after i took helms deep easily they counterattacked with a full stack and recaptured it, i spoke too soon about the difficulty >.>
    and theres more troops on the way, im bein pushed back...i wont comment on balance until i've finished my campaign, maybe a barracks in helms deep isnt such a good idea lol

also i've never seen a twc dev be so involved with the community as u are, taking the time to answer everyones questions so thanks for that
    #respect
    Last edited by rusty887; September 26, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

I would like to know what ar the mordor events please, in spoiler if possible or something like that.

Or maybe is that written somewhere ?

yeah playing as Isengard, I was able to take Foldburg and Helms deep easily and early on,... But then dread stack appeared and its giving me very hard time... I cannot lure them into siege and I cannot defeat them into open battle so I am pretty stuck :/
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Damn now I tried to reinstall in safe mode and half way into extraction and error came up and it shut down my PC instantly!

Is there a way to roll back to previous installation without reinstalling everything again?
    Last edited by Emu; September 25, 2014 at 04:40 PM.

I have been waiting a long time to see this thread!
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

I saw one of the Ringwraiths, named Uvatha the Horseman the Tyrant.

Perhaps it might be an idea to simply name him Uvatha, and have him spawn with the Great Cavalry Commander trait which will give him "the Horseman" as a title anyway?

There are several other titles which I think are impossible to earn in Third Age, such as "the Lover" and "the Queen"

Maybe these titles could be changed and used for some of the other Nazgul? So they start with them, nobody else can earn them, and they might be replaced with other titles later on.

Example: Ren starts with the modified "the Lover" title which is now "the Unclean" - with some suitable editing to make it a Nazgul trait, and not a sex maniac. He later earns the "the Scarred" title and becomes Ren the Scarred, not Ren the Unclean the Scarred.