Page 3 of 506 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

Well VOA taking Gundabad seems non sense to me, but could be coincidence... Anyway, just installed, gonna do some first try :p
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

So I am playing Dwarves of Erebor and at turn 13 Rohan has only 3 settlements left on the east, hornburg and edoras are taken by Isengard already, Theoden dead... That seems to me too early to be crushed like that... Also Isengard took Edoras with only like half stack...

other then that it seems great improvement, but I think it will need a more balance fixing...

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    So I am playing Dwarves of Erebor and at turn 13 Rohan has only 3 settlements left on the east, hornburg and edoras are taken by Isengard already, Theoden dead... That seems to me too early to be crushed like that... Also Isengard took Edoras with only like half stack...

other then that it seems great improvement, but I think it will need a more balance fixing...
    No it doesn't as it's a guarantee every campaign that Rohan will get destroyed so Rohan has the choice of defend itself or be destroyed. I am currently at turn 35 with Northern Dunedain and Isengard has only captured Hornburg so it can go either way

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

its still too fast... Rohan will be destroyed until turn 50 either way and thats too fast for my taste.. :/ and if you play some northern faction you cannot help them so they will die everytime and they cannot really defend themselves. It wouldnt be so much problem if you could ressurect factions but this is just too fast to be wiped out.

Saitouakira's Avatar Civis

hey thanks for the update dac team:-) i wil try it out and give u as many bugs as i can find(not for nothin i am a bug magnet)

I dont know if its bug or not but Dwarven Warrios and Dwarven Miners (they have diferent stats) have same recruitment and upkeep cost when playing as Erebor.

What I noticed so far: some traits are generated too often. Nearly every "good" general gets the epithet "The Respected", while many evil ones get "The Mauler". Also, they pick up the "feels disrepected" traits pretty fast if they don't get enough battle action.

How strong Isengard becomes can depend on quite a few factors. A lot is going to hinge on what Enedwaith decides to do; being "neutral" they're utterly unpredictable and are just as likely to attack Isengard and Dunland as Bree-land and the Dunedain factions. On many occasions I've seen Isengard's offensive against Rohan get hamstrung by Enedwaith deciding to attack them from behind.

X MEN's Avatar Libertus

Great JOB guys !!! I´m playing Vale of Dorwinion and its fantastic! Its Show time !
    Remember today little brother life is good !

A question : are the cavalery generals are still super powerfull ?

I remember all the cavalery general, with their units regeneration, were insanely powerfull which broke any balance (even more when you got more than one cavalery general).

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    I thought I had fixed that bug but perhaps I didn't delete the right village file in the installer. Woops.
    I deleted dwarven village a but still no Amon Sul on battlemap.

Crash bug :

- Mordor, turn 7 (end), auto crash when Isengard play.

Guess I'll post again since the last was ignored (tough site). The Dunedain bodyguard rally horn doesn't sound in custom battles or the campaign. All that's heard is "Reform you spineless women". No rally horn sound. Takes away from the effects a bit. I tried a few other factions and their rally horns are fine. Is it just me?? Any way I can fix this if it is? Not crucial to the mod, but it's either a small bug or something wrong with my download.

Anyone else check this out?? I don't know if this applies to Aragorn yet. He's been off on "errands".

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    its still too fast... Rohan will be destroyed until turn 50 either way and thats too fast for my taste.. :/ and if you play some northern faction you cannot help them so they will die everytime and they cannot really defend themselves. It wouldnt be so much problem if you could ressurect factions but this is just too fast to be wiped out.
    like i said though Rohan will not get destroyed every campaign, Rohan has the simple choice of defending itself or be destroyed. If Rohan hadn't of defended themselves at Helm's deep against Isengard it would have been completely destroyed so Rohan in this mod has the exact same scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Aringtoit View Post
    Guess I'll post again since the last was ignored (tough site). The Dunedain bodyguard rally horn doesn't sound in custom battles or the campaign. All that's heard is "Reform you spineless women". No rally horn sound. Takes away from the effects a bit. I tried a few other factions and their rally horns are fine. Is it just me?? Any way I can fix this if it is? Not crucial to the mod, but it's either a small bug or something wrong with my download.

Anyone else check this out?? I don't know if this applies to Aragorn yet. He's been off on "errands".
    worked for me i'm afraid i've been playing as Northern Dunedain too

Quote Originally Posted by Koko_Fr View Post
    A question : are the cavalery generals are still super powerfull ?

I remember all the cavalery general, with their units regeneration, were insanely powerfull which broke any balance (even more when you got more than one cavalery general).
    i believe every unit stat has been reworked in some way
    Last edited by Gratzy2; September 24, 2014 at 02:24 PM.

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

I don't know. Can be intended, the Dunedain being a secretive army and all.

I remade a game with Mordor. No crash this time !

But I tooked gondorian capital at turn 9 by the force of the charge-retrat infinite loop with hero cavalery generals.

This is sad, things are still so easy, just due to cavalery super power.

It would be good I think, to limit cavalery general to one per nation, or better, to suppress any cavalery general (just one can break a battle in early battles).

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

BUG:

playing as Rohan and defending the castle just north of Helm's Deep - any battle (defensive or offensive) will cause the game to CTD. This happens on any Rohirim Campaign. Am I just supposed to lose the city because the game won't let me play the battle? Bollocks.
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiTJ2 View Post
    Am I just supposed to lose the city because the game won't let me play the battle? Bollocks.
    Use the cheat code to win for this case? It's not your fault it bugs, and if you think you'll win anyhow; you can balance it up by deleting a unit or so if you expect it would be a costly victory.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Bolg's champions def add a new dimension to the mmo. They cause chaos when I've fought them as erebor. I love leo's settlements but I really liked the old gundabad, not a massive fan of the new version probably because I had my entire army with dain and gimli slaughtered! The orcs didn't sit back either and the marched on dain's halls and then turned on a relief army and defeated that mainly due those irritatingly good bolg's champions! Took me quite by surprise!

On to turn 55, no factions gone yet. Angmar really seem to be victimizing the dunedain, isengard are strong, rohan hanging in there and enedwaith battling it out with dunland. Awesome mod. Still annoyed dain and gimli have been murdered though!
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

I have that same bug. The horn's symbol is also an orc until you use it. Then it changes to the normal horn symbol, and then back to an orc when it's recharged.