Page 2 of 506 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

Ered Luin campaign is a hell of alot harder now. Angmar have been strengthened considerably and can more than hold their own.

Just had a victory over Angmar and Clanlord Gor recieved an Elven Blade for his troubles!
    Last edited by BKB; September 23, 2014 at 10:27 AM.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

Arachir i have a problem, i downloaded this patch and i can't open the file to extract or to install it in the DAC folder. Which Programm should i use to open it?

now i have it. just put .exe at the end of the programms name. it was the medialinks programm.

And I was thinking of having a nice relaxed evening playing on my PS4...

Many thanks for all the effort!

Is there any possibility to change some numbers in the edu without breaking the game ? every time i even change the smallest number dac wont let me start it again and if i change it back to vanilla the game still breaks at the startup !

Is there any checksum i ve to change to circumvent this annoyoance ?

I know it's listed under the known bugs that Dunlands hovering banner and end turn symbol are off, but I also found that Dunlands banner under the faction lists and Diplomacy list is messed up. It's not a banner at all, it's either a building or the number 1. And the Barrow-Wight leaders are a Gondorian General Cavalry unit instead of the Barrow-wight unit. XD nearly lost my first battle with them because of the cavalry charges!

I'm about 20 turns in and other than those two, haven't found any major bugs in the Dunedain campaign. The changes to the settlements and recruitments are very nice. (:

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Noirdera View Post
    Is there any possibility to change some numbers in the edu without breaking the game ? every time i even change the smallest number dac wont let me start it again and if i change it back to vanilla the game still breaks at the startup !

Is there any checksum i ve to change to circumvent this annoyoance ?
    Open the file with Wordpad/Notepad ++ edition - using the regular version will not​ work and will cause your game to crash.
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

patch is big improvement over last version, gj dac team

also playing isengard and noticed a few things so far
    1) berserkers' defense is greater than their attack, id appreciate it if my favorite unit was more movie-accurate
    2) lurtz and ugluk have weak bodyguards, especially for 'hero' units- ugluk's bodyguard is urukhai raiders instead of bodyguards, and lurtz's bodyguard is urukhai archers (i remember arachir saying they would be crossbows in the main dac thread)
    3) isengard doesnt start out with any smiths (previous version they had a blacksmith) if it doesnt affect balance too much, maybe let isengard have a leather tanner at start

otherwise everything looks great
    Last edited by rusty887; September 23, 2014 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiTJ2 View Post
    Open the file with Wordpad/Notepad ++ edition - using the regular version will not​ work and will cause your game to crash.
    I salute u sir for you are wise.
    I recommend some kind of notation on the front page becoz a lot of ppl will stumble upon this obstacle aswell. Mb under "Known bugs".

lg

Quote Originally Posted by rusty887 View Post
    lurtz and ugluk have weak bodyguards, especially for 'hero' units- ugluk's bodyguard is urukhai raiders instead of bodyguards, and lurtz's bodyguard is urukhai archers
    Well wasnt the Lurtz and Ugluk band in fact the uruk raiders?
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

i have another Problem, the game crashes after 70 turns and after a reload it crashes all 3 or 4 turns... its a bug? with patch 0.2 there was not such a problem.

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Faction? Events? Trace log maybe also?

Great mod
    I found a bug that makes it impossible to attack an army on cair andros from the east (field battle not siege). The battle loads fine until the deployment when all my soldiers drowned before I could do anything.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2014_9_23_23_47_54.jpg   enb2014_9_23_23_48_25.jpg  

How is the garrison script works now, especially for the player?

I spoke too soon! XD For some reason when I fight a battle at Amon Sul, the actual map is a Dwarven Village? Or maybe an orc Village? I'm not sure. But it's not Weathertop. :/

Worth the wait, thanks.

Playing as ND. I notice their battle horns don't sound (in Custom Battles too). Seems like the other factions do. Aragorn hasn't been in battle yet so I don't know whether his sounds yet.

Thought you'd like to know. Everything else seems to be working great so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Stein View Post
    I know it's listed under the known bugs that Dunlands hovering banner and end turn symbol are off, but I also found that Dunlands banner under the faction lists and Diplomacy list is messed up. It's not a banner at all, it's either a building or the number 1. And the Barrow-Wight leaders are a Gondorian General Cavalry unit instead of the Barrow-wight unit. XD nearly lost my first battle with them because of the cavalry charges!

I'm about 20 turns in and other than those two, haven't found any major bugs in the Dunedain campaign. The changes to the settlements and recruitments are very nice. (:
    The Barrow-wight is listed under known bugs. Yes many of Dunland's banners are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty887 View Post
    patch is big improvement over last version, gj dac team

also playing isengard and noticed a few things so far
    1) berserkers' defense is greater than their attack, id appreciate it if my favorite unit was more movie-accurate
    2) lurtz and ugluk have weak bodyguards, especially for 'hero' units- ugluk's bodyguard is urukhai raiders instead of bodyguards, and lurtz's bodyguard is urukhai archers (i remember arachir saying they would be crossbows in the main dac thread)
    3) isengard doesnt start out with any smiths (previous version they had a blacksmith) if it doesnt affect balance too much, maybe let isengard have a leather tanner at start

otherwise everything looks great
    If the berserkers have a crazy high attack with no health then the way med2 works they will die by the thousands before they kill anyone, a compromise has to be reached.
    Lurtz and Ugluk have a bodyguard reflective of their roles, there have been some changes that the changelog didn't catch.
    The game year starts before Saruman began turning Isengard into a machine of war, you must decide the path he will take to victory...

Quote Originally Posted by Noirdera View Post
    I salute u sir for you are wise.
    I recommend some kind of notation on the front page becoz a lot of ppl will stumble upon this obstacle aswell. Mb under "Known bugs".

lg
    I will add it but that is perhaps the most commonly reported bug and I kinda assumed there was nobody left who didn't know you need notepadd++, it was also listed on the other thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by Likepain1988 View Post
    i have another Problem, the game crashes after 70 turns and after a reload it crashes all 3 or 4 turns... its a bug? with patch 0.2 there was not such a problem.
    As Zarathos says, you will need to provide us with more details, ideally your crash log and perhaps who you were, what you were doing et cetera...

Quote Originally Posted by spin6789 View Post
    Great mod
    I found a bug that makes it impossible to attack an army on cair andros from the east (field battle not siege). The battle loads fine until the deployment when all my soldiers drowned before I could do anything.
    Known vanilla bug, most likely will not be fixed as the vanilla team has long since stopped and we have no mapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    How is the garrison script works now, especially for the player?
    Read the preview thread (change log)

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Stein View Post
    I spoke too soon! XD For some reason when I fight a battle at Amon Sul, the actual map is a Dwarven Village? Or maybe an orc Village? I'm not sure. But it's not Weathertop. :/
    I thought I had fixed that bug but perhaps I didn't delete the right village file in the installer. Woops.

I only found this "Garrison script adjusted" ...

Sorry if I am blind

So, played 63 turns now, and wow, the balance has really shifted.

- Isengard is slowly taking Rohan settlements, as intended.
    - Mordor and Harad have much more drive. Harad has established a foothold across the Anduin, Mordor is taking settlements from Gondor. It seems they are way better in autocalc. now
    - Enedwaith and Dunland are really strong, they are plowing up north
    - the balance between Rhun vs Dorwinion/Erebor has completely changed: Rhun is on the defense and has lost two settlements
    - VOA seems to be strong, have taken Gundabad. The success in the North/East seems to be the only glimmer of hope for the good factions