Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed

Yeah, I just did a full reinstall so I could play some multiplayer, and now it's happening. I'll probably reinstall it piece by piece and see where the problem is...

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed

thank you! ill give it a try.

Heya, I've had played Third Age TW a while back, and loved it, however this mod makes it even better! So far I haven't experienced any bugs, glitches or crashes, but it does seem a bit odd that some factions like Imladris, Lórien, Lindon, Angmar, Beorn and the Gang etc. haven't yet left their settlements for 70 turns, not even to defend their other regions, lest to expand. Also Dale doesn't mind having their capital + the city below taken by invasions as their full stacks patrol the border to Dorwinion instead.

Regardless, the mod is a ton of fun, and I would like to thank you for your hard work. Props from Hungary

Oh and btw, I haven't found any information on this elsewhere, that is why I ask a most likely already answered question, but I simply do not know what I'm supposed to do once prompted to "unite" with Lórien as Thranduil's Realm. There is a red arrow pointing at their capital, which disappears after a while. What exactly is required of me? Have I missed my chance, or will I be given another? Thanks in advance!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Just send a diplomat or something to the arrow and the next event should pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    Just send a diplomat or something to the arrow and the next event should pop up.
    Yeah thanks, it worked, the only diplomat I could recruit was in Lindon though so it took a while

Quote Originally Posted by salvatore656 View Post
    Yeah thanks, it worked, the only diplomat I could recruit was in Lindon though so it took a while
    hah, whenever i end up in that situation i just cheat him over to where he needs to be. medieval 2's diplomat system is a little... clunky imo, so it's justifiable

Quote Originally Posted by salzella View Post
    hah, whenever i end up in that situation i just cheat him over to where he needs to be. medieval 2's diplomat system is a little... clunky imo, so it's justifiable
    I like to think the Great Eagles are helping me out when my diplomats travel great distances in one turn. I'll have to make up a better excuse for when I'm an evil faction. :p

Hi! First I want to say that this is an amazing mod, and well done to the developers!

Second, I want to bring to everyone's attention a bug/thing. When an Enedwaith unit routs, it says 'these are not true Aztecs' or something on those lines.

Thirdly I want to tell everyone about how fun it is to play as the Clans of Enedwaith! I am having a great VH/VH campaign! I chose good over evil, and destroyed Isengard with the help of Rohan. I allied with all the good factions I could, yet still remaining allies with Dunland. Dunland were very loyal to me, as when an invasion was called against Isengard (which I owned) they broke alliances with every evil faction and stayed by my side. The Elves gave me free gift of 10000 coins because I was a good guy too. :-D

Fourth, I want to know how to unite Enedwaith, as I feel more Moot Keepers and Guardians of Enedwaith would benefit my roster. Is there a list of cities I have to take anwhere?

Thank you! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    Fourth, I want to know how to unite Enedwaith, as I feel more Moot Keepers and Guardians of Enedwaith would benefit my roster. Is there a list of cities I have to take anwhere?
    I don't know many about Enedwaith I don't play them, but I think you can't unite Enedwaith, there is only conditions of win.
    Spoiler for unite
    You can follow this map to see Enedwaith region border.
    [

Thanks for sharing bugs, hope team will fix it.

Uniting Enedwaith is in the next release I am afraid.

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Quick Question...

So when looking at all the campaign-map models I noticed that the Elves of Lindon are missing. Will they have updated models?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also, will Imladris and Lindon have a similar "unit sharing option" like Lorien and Thranduils Kingdom... Or do you have to conquer each others territory to get "AoR" units. (Please tell me that's still the case, I love me some Mithlond Warriors as Imladris. Kinslaying ftw!!! One Elrond to rule them all!!)
    Last edited by Everto; February 28, 2015 at 11:48 AM.

Actually that Imladris one is Lindon's in game (incidentally Stillers has since created a unique strat model for Cirdan and I've knocked together a battle model for him too). Imladris share the same strat models except for the General which is the golden version of the Eldarinwe guy rather than the silver one above.

Edit: Also, that's Anduin in the top-right (including Radagast) not Dunland. Endedwaith is second from top-left. Dunland is second from bottom-right.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; February 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM.

Really? But that's an Imladris Skin (Imladris Riders have that skin once upgraded). Shouldn't Imladris have that silver guy instead? And Lindon can have a more "light-blue" version. Honestly, it'd be cool if Lindon's Eldarinwe units were Silver with light blue sashes and cloaks (instead of the Light Blue Armor)
    Last edited by Everto; February 28, 2015 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    So I cannot recruit Guardians of Enedwaith? That's a shame, Mootlord Tremac just died stopping an invasion. Epic battle, my 3 Enedwaith armies vs 3 Mordor and 1 Harad. He fought for ages on his own. He had full bar of command, respect and authority.

Lol Arachir, we already can unite Enedwaith ! And I already used the Guardian of Enedwaith, indeed they are very strong ! You need to control all the Enedwaith and a part of Minirath. In fact try to catch all the rebel settlements around your starting positions. With the United Enedwaith you will be able to recruit the Moot Wardens and the Guardians of Enedwaith in all the city of the reunited Enedwaith

If I remember good, you need to catch 3 regions in Minhiriath (1 wooden castle, 1 twon and 1 village) and the 2 regions south angren (1 village, 1 wooden castle) + Lond Daer of course.
    Last edited by malwabar; February 28, 2015 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malwabar View Post
    Lol Arachir, we already can unite Enedwaith ! And I already used the Guardian of Enedwaith, indeed they are very strong ! You need to control all the Enedwaith and a part of Minirath. In fact try to catch all the rebel settlements around your starting positions. With the United Enedwaith you will be able to recruit the Moot Wardens and the Guardians of Enedwaith in all the city of the reunited Enedwaith
    I recall getting the message of the towns i have to control in order to unite Enedwaith and being pissed that Gondor already controlled the south one and Isengard took the one to the east. I suppose you could rush to expand fast and take all of those but i couldnt do it on my first run..

Quote Originally Posted by MuadDib~ View Post
    I recall getting the message of the towns i have to control in order to unite Enedwaith and being pissed that Gondor already controlled the south one and Isengard took the one to the east. I suppose you could rush to expand fast and take all of those but i couldnt do it on my first run..
    Indeed, I restarted my campaign several times because Isengard took the village in the south. You need to be very prompt
    Last edited by malwabar; February 28, 2015 at 01:50 PM.

Hahaha my bad! Thank you to Malwabar for keeping on the ball! I thought it was already out but I didn't write it in the changelog so I decided to trust my 0.4 changelog self and he let me down.

You need to control everything from the White Mountains up to Argond/Dol Vorn but only on the left hand side. You do not need the three Dunland regions because they are not a 'clan of Enedwaith'. To be honest, it isn't about uniting the clans it is about crushing them all under your leadership then building the clan guild hall to force them to do your bidding.

@Everto:
    Imladris and Lindon can both get Mithlond Nobles and Eregion Smiths but you need their respective regions they are the only units they share because they basically have identical rosters in different colours. We have stuck to the concept of Imladris = Last Alliance Elves and Lindon have a silver version instead. However as you have pointed out, there are three units for Imladris that are 'The Hobbit' inspired.

@Everto:
    Imladris and Lindon can both get Mithlond Nobles and Eregion Smiths but you need their respective regions they are the only units they share because they basically have identical rosters in different colours. We have stuck to the concept of Imladris = Last Alliance Elves and Lindon have a silver version instead. However as you have pointed out, there are three units for Imladris that are 'The Hobbit' inspired.
    So as Imladris I still have to conquer Mithlond to get those bad-ass warriors... I can live with that. What "three" units does Imladris have that are hobbit inspired? There are the Imladris Rangers (Horse Archers) with the Hobbit movie skin once upgraded. What other units are there? I'm kind of drawing a blank... Unless you have included some new units, in which case I'm very excited to see them!

P.S. you all considered changing the unit-card for the Imladris Rangers to that of the Hobbit skin? Just saying, it looks sexier ...

Those Imladris Pikemen and the Rivendell Lancers, I think they're called. All of them use the silver armor we see in the hobbit.