Page 501 of 506 FirstFirst ... 401451476491492493494495496497498499500501502503504505506 LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 10104

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Hi, first I want to thank everyone for the amazing work on this mod, as my wife has not seen me for the last couple of weeks since I discovered DAC.
    Second, the comments I will make in this post are intended to be helpful or questions not interrogatory, so please take them as such.

Okay, the battlemap for Henneth Anun is maybe bugged; call it 75% of AI siege attacks with a ram, I will shoot the unit holding the ram to death, another orc unit will run forward next to the ram, but not pick it up and then eventually the battle times out. I have not had this error on any other map.

Next, the orc building chain with 'slave camp'(? I think that was the name) does not work as written, I am not getting the free upkeep units from it.

Balancing, this is where I have to be delicate, You have created a huge amount of work and no one wants to hear an outsider tear down that work but please take this as a question and comment not a 'what are you doing dumbass?'.
    I have played almost all of the factions and the thing that sticks out the most is how generally crappy the Rohan OOB is, they are worse at all tiers and almost all units then Dale. The Dale rider or yeoman or whatever cavalry, the one you can build at game start is better than the Rohan riders also available at game start! Dude.

In Dale you have in the late tier a Bardian Marksmen and a Royal archer but there is almost no reason to recruit the Bardian marksmen, they are simply worse than the Royal archers.

I had some others stuff as well but I have forgotten, when I run into stuff again I will write it down so I don't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by FengrAvUlver View Post
    All you´ve said here is correct except for the money thingy.

If the AI is in the red, they get their balance zerod and then they get exactly 501 gold (via script), not the 20000 you mentioned.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType sicily
    and Treasury <= -1
    if I_LocalFaction sicily
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    add_money sicily -2147483647
    add_money sicily 2147483647
    add_money sicily 501
    end_monitor

As for 7 and the release date:

Everyone that shows his skills in patience and only refreshes this thread once a day to look if version 1 is released already, will get a free lollypop from me upon the release of version 1!
    Just don´t waste your time, enjoy the summer, have yourselves a good time and stop thinking about when v1 will be released, only. Patience is a virtue and we all should prove our skills in it (or just do something else to distract us).
    Thank you for clarifying the money script, I thought AI was much more overpowered And about waiting for 1.0 I think the best way is Playing 0.52 non stop

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    Thank you for clarifying the money script, I thought AI was much more overpowered And about waiting for 1.0 I think the best way is Playing 0.52 non stop
    That is a very good idea, actually!

0.52 can be considered the "training ground" or "tutorial mode" for v1 if you take into account how much more content and improved stuff is coming your way somewhat "soon-ish" now...
    - proud Divide & Conquer Testing Council member __ __

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

Southron Pikemen are classified as Light Infantry instead of Medium Infantry I think.

As Archir Galuirithon has said in his umbar lets play he has a recurring crash at around turn 100, well so do i, anyone else?

hmmm funnily enouth i tried to end the turn for a sixth turn with toggle fow off to see where it crashes and it didnt crash :L
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 25, 2016 at 06:08 PM.

coincidence. he modded his game to death

Quote Originally Posted by centurionA1 View Post
    hmmm funnily enouth i tried to end the turn for a sixth turn with toggle fow off to see where it crashes and it didnt crash :L
    Yes, that is always the first thing to try when you have a recurring crash. For some mysterious reason a strange bug that still hides under the radar (and has something to do with the scripted garrisons when AI attacks AI on their turn after having besieged a settlement with such a garrison) occures in some cases, in others it doesn´t. In most of the cases where that bug hits a player, toggleing FOW off helps the AIs to get their stuff done and the players to continue with their campaigns...
    - proud Divide & Conquer Testing Council member __ __

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by decourcy View Post
    In Dale you have in the late tier a Bardian Marksmen and a Royal archer but there is almost no reason to recruit the Bardian marksmen, they are simply worse than the Royal archers.
    Yes, like for all bodyguards in every faction. RA are bg, rarer, and BM have 3 times the men so BM may win a duel of units vs RA.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Hi all,

I was just curious about the ND's Steel Bowmen, are these AOR units and available after the before or after barracks event?

Arachir did mention in his last video that v.1 will be "unlikely" released in July so no prophesy with number 7 ^^

Arachir did mention in his last video that v.1 will be "unlikely" released in July so no prophesy with number 7 ^^

I warned you all that "7" didn't mean anything and Arachir only did that to watch you all drive yourselves mad with speculation and impatience.

But noooooooo.

And I remembered a few other things.
    Is it for game play purposes that Anduin Vale are Middlemen? Lore wise they are Northmen.
    If you change your capital you can still only recruit bodyguards in your original capital.

Pikemen may be bugged; I was swatting away a force of Haradrim with Gondor, they had a couple of pike units, I managed to largely kill one with two archer units but the other pike finished off one of my militia. So I engaged it's front with a peacekeeper, he was still marching forward and my peacekeeper was marching towards him. I redeployed a bodyguard heavy cav to his rear and as his front engaged the peacekeepers I had the remnants of a Dor en Ernil lancer hit his flank while my bodyguard hit his rear. The Lancers died almost to a man the second I impacted and the bodyguards barely touched him.
    It was a 'Southron Pikemen' if I remember correctly, and I don't think they have schiltron and they certainly did not look like they were in schiltron.

The number '7' is in a set with '3019', if you solve this set the solution will tell you what day the new version releases.

My bad, I new better but just did not notice the Royal archers were bodyguards. Doh. Nevermind.

Aszrayel's Avatar Semisalis

Are gates intended to be so weak? It hardly takes any effort to break them down. For example, I'm defending Fornost Erain, which is supposed to be a fortress, and the enemy literally breaks it down in a mere minute or so once it reaches it. And is oil not working also? I'm also wondering if I may have screwed up something during installation maybe.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Well tbf Fornost is supposed to be a ruin without walls or gate anyways, so having one is a major luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Aszrayel View Post
    Are gates intended to be so weak? It hardly takes any effort to break them down. For example, I'm defending Fornost Erain, which is supposed to be a fortress, and the enemy literally breaks it down in a mere minute or so once it reaches it. And is oil not working also? I'm also wondering if I may have screwed up something during installation maybe.
    Oil is not present in the mod no. Gates have been weak since the BASE game. Have you not played Medieval 2 before?

I have played in Cair Andros Defending and First Of all i got a Standard Fortress Map with Gondorian Buildins, secondly I retreated to second lvl and AI couldnt use the ram to destroy the second tower, so stayed out the fortress till the time ended.

Cair Andros is supposed to be exactly the same as vanilla isnt it?

Cair Andros is as it's intended to be. This is something that's been asked at least a dozen times by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Cair Andros is as it's intended to be. This is something that's been asked at least a dozen times by now.
    Ok so it is a standard fortress, sry didnt know, I have played more vanilla and I remember there was a special settlement map.