Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    To those discussing Isengard:
    Thanks to the mastery of Gsthoed, the Isengard 'steal the ring' script is greatly improved. Firstly, it actually works which is good. It will slowly mean all the Nazgul join you over time and you unlock perhaps the strongest unit in the game; the formidable Nazg-hai.
    Does that mean that the Nazg-hai have been improved? Because right now, they seem to be rather... mediocre units, to be honest. I really like the idea of Saruman creating something really powerful with the ring, this give a real incentive for the player to actually get the ring instead of just ignoring it (I honestly never managed to get it either in TW nor DaC...). I do think however that the Nazg-hai are rather underwhelming - both statwise and visually - compared to what they SHOULD be.

Civis

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.3

Quote Originally Posted by Kampfkrieger View Post
    I personally have both mods, just one as my americas folder and the other as my crusades folder. So I can just switch back and forth. I usually prefer DaC though, but there are some features I like in MOS when it comes to all those scripts at the beginning which makes the game interesting. I actually started with MOS, then saw that DaC had a better map and way more factions so I started paying DaC. Now MOS has basically the same map with some changes, but still not many factions. I like both in their own ways I guess. Probolly will be playing DaC excusively for awhile when .5 comes out haha
    Most important for me are map, number of faction , units quality and bug\playability indeed. I didnt tried MOS but it seem to not have much faction just like vanilla. I didnt played much vanilla Lotr because of that to. DaC are the second best mod I played after Europa Barbaorum for RTW1, Im big fan of history. For Mtw2 I can say DaC it the best I played. Call of warhammer pretty awesone too, but the universe are way too dark for me and the map of the universe a little singulary, nothing about the mod though, I just like more middle earth universe.
    I think it better we wait and get more features and less bugs. Anyway I still have half the factions to try so Im good for at least 6 month Not really eager to try Dunlending through so hope we get the patch before !

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Large Unit Preview Revealed

I am so grateful for you guys for making this mod...and you guys are so conscientious to respond to the really selfish and ignorant people who have no idea how tiring modding can be...and how much of it is spent fixing tiny abnormalities or figuring out nonsensical game engine problems. This is truly a labor of love. I wish people understood how modding motivation ebbs and flows, as it is not the same act as "playing" a game..it is a creative pursuit that requires huge amounts of mental resources, combined with a lot of drudgery. Those of us who leech this game for free should be thanking you for adding tremendous features, and encouraging you to take bike rides not the other way around. Thanks again, take your time, enjoy the weather, and play some games.

PS: If I was releasing such a huge mod I would have quit on iteration one because of the endless questions about how to install the game and why there are crashes...especially after the tutorial was made. I come visit this thread regularly along with mos and 50% of the posts are about individuals lack of computer skills...needing to be spoon fed directions on how to use their programs folder, how to download a program and how to unzip it...you guys have spent thousands of hours making a free mod, and the users won't spend 5 minutes learning how to use their own computer. I am just so thankful you are all so patient.
    Last edited by orclover5; May 16, 2015 at 04:40 PM.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    To those discussing Isengard:
    Thanks to the mastery of Gsthoed, the Isengard 'steal the ring' script is greatly improved. Firstly, it actually works which is good. It will slowly mean all the Nazgul join you over time and you unlock perhaps the strongest unit in the game; the formidable Nazg-hai.
    Awesome! Are the conditions still the same? Bring it back to Saruman at Isengard and job done after a few turns?
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

As the north/middle men factions I noticed that the 3rd level culture buildings give a +5 moral to troops recruited in the settlement. So I was playing a Bree and built one but after training a few units there I noticed that there wasn't any change to the moral/moral response of the units in the unit info. Is the effect just not put in the text or does it not yet work properly?

Also these culture buildings also seemed a bit week compared to the Melkor temple and elven 3rd tier culture buildings :T

Quote Originally Posted by LOTR_Warlord View Post
    As the north/middle men factions I noticed that the 3rd level culture buildings give a +5 moral to troops recruited in the settlement. So I was playing a Bree and built one but after training a few units there I noticed that there wasn't any change to the moral/moral response of the units in the unit info. Is the effect just not put in the text or does it not yet work properly?

Also these culture buildings also seemed a bit week compared to the Melkor temple and elven 3rd tier culture buildings :T
    That is not possible I am afraid. The text at the bottom is fixed and was added by me because the in-game morale info can't handle the numbers Third Age uses.

Not everything should be a carbon copy of everything else. Some factions are designed to be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by orclover5 View Post
    I am so grateful for you guys for making this mod...and you guys are so conscientious to respond to the really selfish and ignorant people who have no idea how tiring modding can be...and how much of it is spent fixing tiny abnormalities or figuring out nonsensical game engine problems. This is truly a labor of love. I wish people understood how modding motivation ebbs and flows, as it is not the same act as "playing" a game..it is a creative pursuit that requires huge amounts of mental resources, combined with a lot of drudgery. Those of us who leech this game for free should be thanking you for adding tremendous features, and encouraging you to take bike rides not the other way around. Thanks again, take your time, enjoy the weather, and play some games.

PS: If I was releasing such a huge mod I would have quit on iteration one because of the endless questions about how to install the game and why there are crashes...especially after the tutorial was made. I come visit this thread regularly along with mos and 50% of the posts are about individuals lack of computer skills...needing to be spoon fed directions on how to use their programs folder, how to download a program and how to unzip it...you guys have spent thousands of hours making a free mod, and the users won't spend 5 minutes learning how to use their own computer. I am just so thankful you are all so patient.
    Well, that was a biggest suck up in the history of forums I would think. Nobody here is ungrateful or selfish. I like this mod, appreciate and respect the work these guys put into it as much as you do. And it was made pretty clear. I just stated the obvious - what everyone are seeing. That there have been many last minute delays. Arachir replied. Case closed. Nobody is making a fuss about it.

So guys i play isengard and i had nazg hai in first round is this normal or a bug ? And what i can do with the ring when i play a evil nation , must i bring the ring to sauron or can i use them for me ?

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious_ View Post
    Well, that was a biggest suck up in the history of forums I would think. Nobody here is ungrateful or selfish. I like this mod, appreciate and respect the work these guys put into it as much as you do. And it was made pretty clear. I just stated the obvious - what everyone are seeing. That there have been many last minute delays. Arachir replied. Case closed. Nobody is making a fuss about it.
    that's what he's saying...

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Awesome! Are the conditions still the same? Bring it back to Saruman at Isengard and job done after a few turns?
    Yes, it will be pretty much the same. You bring the ringbearer in Isengard, then you'll be asked if you want to go against Sauron (keep the ring) or stay loyal to Sauron. Depending your decision, you''ll follow different brunch of the script.
    No worry for the details; for the upcoming ring script the text descriptions are quite comprehensive about what options the player will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffdaddyone View Post
    And what i can do with the ring when i play a evil nation , must i bring the ring to sauron or can i use them for me ?
    Bring it to Sauron is much more rewarding. Actually, keep in it has no real benefit (except if you play as Isengard).

OK, so what happens if you get the ring as a good faction? Do you then have to try to take it to mount doom and distoy it, thus distroying the Mordor faction? And lets say one of these evil factions aquire the ring and are sending the ringbearer to diliver it to sauron. If I, as a good faction (Or Isengard if I decide to take the ring before it gets to sauron), intercept this ringbearer and distoy him, will I then retrieve the ring, or will it become "lost" again?

I have another question, how i can play my reinforcement by myself ? everytime the KI is playing them ? I disable : let this army controll by ki . But they still lead them ?

Foederatus

As far as I can see, this mod looks complete.
    Why don't you release it as version 1.0 instead of 0.5? What is it left to be done? Future upgrades could be version 2.0 or something!

The barrier to that is the Khazad-Dum scripts which are still unfinished and unstable. Not really comfortable declaring the mod as 'complete' when we know that aspect isn't finished. Getting those into working order (and working reliably) is going to be a big, big task.

OK, so what happens if you get the ring as a good faction? Do you then have to try to take it to mount doom and distoy it, thus distroying the Mordor faction?
    Yeap! But first you 'll have to attend the White Council's meeting. Also, in v0.4 the destruction of Mordor in v0.4 is a little buggy (they don't exactly get destroyed).

And lets say one of these evil factions acquire the ring and are sending the ringbearer to diliver it to sauron. If I, as a good faction (Or Isengard if I decide to take the ring before it gets to sauron), intercept this ringbearer and distoy him, will I then retrieve the ring, or will it become "lost" again?
    The "One Ring" is supposed to be for human player only. That is, it runs nothing important if the ring is in AI hands. Now, if the ringbearer gets killed, the ring is "lost" again.

In current (version 0.4), the ring can also get lost by a random chance every time you select the ringbearer. This feature has been removed for the upcoming version. There will be still a very small chance the ring to be lost ( "randomly" or "stealed by the gollum"), the formula is a little complicated but it will have nothing to do with how many times you select the ringbearer.

Is it possible to get sauron if we take the Ring back to mordor with an evil faction?

If you take the ring to Mordor as an evil faction then Sauron appears as a general for Mordor (and he appears at the head of a full stack of spawned units). If you're Mordor yourself then you can use Sauron.

Civis

I noticed that Garrison script seems to be built into the game, is there plans to make it optional, because I honestly hate it haha
    Also, maybe add some other optional scripts like MOS has, such as total diplomacy, or if you're a good faction and want some insane challenge, make somthing like "mordor's call" optional.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    If you take the ring to Mordor as an evil faction then Sauron appears as a general for Mordor (and he appears at the head of a full stack of spawned units). If you're Mordor yourself then you can use Sauron.
    Wow cool! I just started with Mordor yesterday after finishing to try Gondor, most epic and hardess faction yet 350 battles in 100 turns. I have always wonder what the ring event does, but now as Mordor I suppose my army of Nazghul will be on the watch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious_ View Post
    "That there have been many last minute delays"

Who cares...what we deserve as leechers is for them to take the mod down, convince mos to do the same, and then let us rage until we move on to another group of modders to annoy. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER should the modders of TATW receive criticism, for any reason. Even if they release a mod that crashes your game and makes you reinstall...and this mod is one of the best of the best, with the most dedication, and attention to detail. This is not capitalism, you are not investing a dime of your own resources, and most people don't even invest the time to learn how to install it properly without spamming this thread like I am doing. Likely my soap boxing is unnecessary but I have been a modder, have spent hundreds of hours creating something with other people in mind, hoping they would at least appreciate the fact that I put things in that others wanted...but the ego of those who do nothing, and the anonymity of the threadosphere leads often to enough negativity that projects like this can be stunted, and those making them can mysteriously become tired of modding and find they find other things, like not being criticized by freeloaders, more enjoyable.