Page 42 of 506 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792142 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.4 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob251 View Post
    Here you go
    It is a very small traced log report, it lacks several log entries. Except this, (personally) I cannot detect anything troublesome before the CTD .

[QUOTE=gsthoed;14208907] It is a very small traced log report, it lacks several log entries. Except this, (personally) I cannot detect anything troublesome before the CTD .[/QUOTE
    Its okay besides i have another one campaign going on:-)
    Thx for your help and your time!

Sorry, it's possible to add units, such as those of the "Additional Units Mod (AUM) 3.0" or "TATW Big Unit Submod (version 1.0)," in DAC?

I dont use Elrond in battles... I keep him in Imladris (for great town bonuses) with very small garrison (1-2 archer unit), and I can defend the city against full stack with a garrison defenders and Elrond defending the bridge (after garrison scripted defenders dies)
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

I can play battles but can't start a campaign without ctd. can't even access the faction choosing screen.
    Edit: resolved.
    Last edited by riuk881; November 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: fixed it
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

trade gives too much money, makes the begining of the game very easy, although its usually the hardest part

i like the money it makes for more epic battles, plz dont nerf it too much or ill cry lol. And honestly it isn't like i see forty stacks running around by turn 50 or whatever, although i do agree that mayhaps cirdan could produce a little less cash (he's always a millionaire by end of my campaigns and does absolutly nada cept be rich like the rich ofen do go figure) and mayhaps dale could as well but honestly i just incresed guldurs purse and now they dont get steamrolled by dale and acuatlly threaten mirkwood. same with rhun, after i finished balanceing the EDU to my liking and adding a lil to their purse they actually put up a good fight in the east instead of getting slain by dorwininon or stalemated and tend to open a front with dale. i will say this tho, oddly enough erebor and dale dont really seem to fight rhun very much even tho they share a border and have a bunch of units right around there. they do fight sumtimes but it seems to be slow going (idk maybe erebor too concerned with misty? Still doesnt explain dale hmm.. instead dale sits around with stacks next around esgaroth while rhun raids their eastern holdings)

Quote Originally Posted by Cavins18 View Post
    Sorry, it's possible to add units, such as those of the "Additional Units Mod (AUM) 3.0" or "TATW Big Unit Submod (version 1.0)," in DAC?
    We're always pretty cautious when it comes to adding new units (though we do have a little space for a few more units left). Generally only doing so when a faction has a pretty glaring gap in their line-up or a very small roster in general (e.g. Beast Slayers were added as Dunland's only archers were the very weak Dunland Hunters militia unit). If there's something specific you think a faction's missing quite badly by all means explain your reasoning and it will at least be given some thought.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; November 16, 2014 at 11:39 AM.

^^ related to that but somewhat different, one thing I'd quite like to see is Mordor having the same ability as the Northern Dunedain, in that it can recruit selected 'friendly' troops if it conquers their provinces back (or just conquers them themselves i guess ), for example wargs from the misty mountains, or Mirkwood Uruks from Dol Guldur. just to add some variety to a slightly lacking Mordor line-up without using precious space, and giving some motivation to go on epic conquering sprees which i would argue is not really there at the moment (victory conditions notwithstanding). it would making fighting them late-game less of a bore as well

this was inspired by my poking through the EDU file - a few points. a) i noticed that some Haradrim units can be recruited by 'turks', ie. the ND. is that intended? also, one of the angmar units (Witch-Realm Pikemen i think) had a 'Dol Amroth' unit listed as its officer unit. can't confirm if that's the case in game or not, but it looked mighty weird in the file

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

I've downloaded this today, playing as Lindon, and I'm in love with the soundtrack.
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

I am sure this is not the right place but wanted a quick response from a group that is active...looking to change eastern osgiliath to allow the North Dane to upgrade the city...just don't know the file...thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob251 View Post
    The Nazgul Hoarmurath of Dir had uruk bodygyards instead of the kamul’s bodyguards
    i noticed this too

also i started to test 0.4, here's some brief feedback
    -used process_cq to test ent sieging isengard script, ctd at battle start again
    irrc this script worked in 0.31?
    -i dont understand the building browser that well but after checking out the factions, mordor has gothmog hall (3rd tier) in building browser, other evil factions only have 2nd tier, brawlers hall
    -also why was angmar nerfed in 0.4, i mean they have to fight like 5 factions lol
    -this probly wont change but i still dont get why lurtz/ugluk have such weak bodyguards

finally dac definitely produces the most creative units, like trolls of the white hand which are amazing
    looks like u guys did it again, combining uruk-hai infantry with berserkers to produce nazg-hai
    but there are some issues

-in the description it says something like they were created with the power of the ring. but they don't require saruman to capture the ring, they're recruitable from the start
    -nazg hai only 15 soldiers (normal unit size), they're pretty weak for this reason, i tested them against sauron's will in custom battles and they got wrecked
    -their recruitment time is really long for a so-so unit, maybe this will change once ring is captured?
    -they're weak in grassland for some reason
    Last edited by rusty887; November 17, 2014 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty887 View Post
    i noticed this too

-i dont understand the building browser that well but after checking out the factions, mordor has gothmog hall (3rd tier) in building browser, other evil factions only have 2nd tier, brawlers hall
    -also why was angmar nerfed in 0.4, i mean they have to fight like 5 factions lol

finally dac definitely produces the most creative units, like trolls of the white hand which are amazing
    looks like u guys did it again, combining uruk-hai infantry with berserkers to produce nazg-hai

-in the description it says something like they were created with the power of the ring. but they don't require saruman to capture the ring, they're recruitable from the start
    -nazg hai only 15 soldiers (normal unit size), they're pretty weak for this reason, i tested them against sauron's will in custom battles and they got wrecked
    -also maybe this will change if i captured the ring but they require 50 turns to recruit, very long time for a so-so unit
    As I am currently working on the "Immortal Nazguls" and the "One Ring" script, I think I can tell these:
    - About the wrong BGs for Nazguls: Yeah, previous script was giving them the default BG units of their faction, but it will be fixed; Nazguls will have proper BGs, depending on the faction they "serve"
    - About Nazq-hai: The "One Ring" script hadn't been finished when v0.4 was released. It was useful for me to have these units in order to test using the "real" unit and not a placeholder.
    Nazq-hai will be recruitable as their description says and are to be used for guarding some generals too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    The new patch is mostly good, but I don't see why you took out all of those traits. Also Elrond has to be given a new bodyguard. He always dies in his first battle in my campaigns, much more than even most infantry generals. It would seem that pikemen simply don't work well as bodyguard units. I would give him Noldor Cavalry to give him a unique bodyguard.
    I have used Elrond regularly in combat. He has only died of old age in my campaigns. I don't charge him into trolls or such, but I have not had that problem.

So, i just won a campaign with Enedwaith (evil) and it was easier than i thought. (H/H difficulty) First i had a race with Isengard for Gynd and Bregnas, then i rushed to Lond Daer and Suduri and took the village north of Suduri. Then Isengard offered me to join them (accepted) and i started to expand into Gondor Territory and i got Enedwaith united by turn 14. After some battles with Gondor the elves of Lindon said they will attack me but i haven't seen any army of them coming to me. As time passed i crushed Lindon, took Minas Tirith for 3 turns so Mordor can finally crush Gondor and i took the Blue Mountains. To win the campaign i steamrolled Breeland and Shire (damn those battles were easy)
    Overall i have to say that it was the most fun campaign i ever had. The roster is pretty balanced, their extremely powerful skirmishers make up for the weak late game Infantry. The fact that most units can hide anywhere has more influence than i thought it would have, it allows for more defensive battles than offensive also the enemies seem to panic easier when they get Javelins out of nowhere to the face. I also noticed that Enedwaith skirmishers are the only ones with AP, is this intended?
    One last thing i want to say is that the Moot wardens are garbage for late game. They never use their pikes and they get slaughtered faster than river swordsmen.

Heh, yes I've had the same experience trying to use the Wardens so it's probably going to be best to just confiscate their swords as the pike+sword weapon combo has never exactly been particularly effective in M2TW; the units are too quick drop their pikes and thus the formation just collapses for little reason.

And, yep, the combo of 'javelins to the face out of nowhere', followed by a charge of hidden River Elders is a huuuge hit to the unlucky enemy's morale. Enedwaith's a very fun faction to play but you have to fight smart.
    Last edited by Hummingbird; November 18, 2014 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sereventus View Post
    I am sure this is not the right place but wanted a quick response from a group that is active...looking to change eastern osgiliath to allow the North Dane to upgrade the city...just don't know the file...thanks in advance
    They can't upgrade to Eastern Osgiliath without a lot of work because their race is not 'Gondor' like Gondor and Dol Amroth it is 'Mesoamerican' (wildmen). The game views them as wildmen with numenorean culture. So without a lot of work you cannot get them to upgrade east Osg.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty887 View Post
    i noticed this too

-this probly wont change but i still dont get why lurtz/ugluk have such weak bodyguards

-their recruitment time is really long for a so-so unit, maybe this will change once ring is captured?
    The ents don't crash in my own game and is most likely the actual ent model, the game has never liked it and it can't really handle that many ents in one place, auto_resolve it.
    Not everyone gets all three levels of the guilds
    Angmar weren't nerfed, every campaign is different, Litash and Sheddun were both made bigger and better and in the next version their recruitment has finally been adjusted and now makes sense so almost all their troops are cheaper and come in a more logical way.
    Lurtz and Ugluk have Bodyguards that they would have had, what would you give them? (given that Lurtz is non-canonical and Ugluk is only known for leading a band of scouts, shouting at some orcs and then dying )
    The Nazg-hai weren't taken out of the campaign because I wanted some feedback on them, you are aware that even though you can recruit them they have a 50 turn replenishment rate.
    The entire game from vanilla right through is balanced out of huge unit sizes, you will not get the right behavior on normal sizes, the game doesn't scale the balance down, on smaller sizes there are huge anomalies. I tested 2 units of them against 2 units of Talon Knights, perhaps the strongest enemy they might come up against and they did die but they took well over 3/4 of them with them, so 50 ring berserkers took down around 210 knights out of a possible 250 knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord1996 View Post
    So, i just won a campaign with Enedwaith (evil) and it was easier than i thought. (H/H difficulty) First i had a race with Isengard for Gynd and Bregnas, then i rushed to Lond Daer and Suduri and took the village north of Suduri. Then Isengard offered me to join them (accepted) and i started to expand into Gondor Territory and i got Enedwaith united by turn 14. After some battles with Gondor the elves of Lindon said they will attack me but i haven't seen any army of them coming to me. As time passed i crushed Lindon, took Minas Tirith for 3 turns so Mordor can finally crush Gondor and i took the Blue Mountains. To win the campaign i steamrolled Breeland and Shire (damn those battles were easy)
    Overall i have to say that it was the most fun campaign i ever had. The roster is pretty balanced, their extremely powerful skirmishers make up for the weak late game Infantry. The fact that most units can hide anywhere has more influence than i thought it would have, it allows for more defensive battles than offensive also the enemies seem to panic easier when they get Javelins out of nowhere to the face. I also noticed that Enedwaith skirmishers are the only ones with AP, is this intended?
    One last thing i want to say is that the Moot wardens are garbage for late game. They never use their pikes and they get slaughtered faster than river swordsmen.
    Enedwaith have been edited a little but their entire gameplay is based around skirmishers and javelin troops, in fact, the Guardians are the best javelin unit in the game. Enedwaith's campaign is a little easy but money across the entire game has been reduced and that should make it harder for them.

Icon5 Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.4 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    money across the entire game has been reduced
    This means for the computer also, correct?

hello guys i've installed patch .4but my loading screen says 0.3 , did i something wrong?

When Carn Dum is under siege we have a message but there is still a "bug" : when we zoom, the screen is focused on Shedun instead of Carn Dum.

As requested by a member, I think it could be judicious to make the Dol Guldur Trolls recruitable in the entire Mirkwood forest because even with the third level of Troll training ground, the replenishment is to slow. Moreover, these trolls aren't very powerfull, they die quickly fighting elven elite, so it wouldn't be an unfair advantage for DG.