Page 23 of 506 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132334873123 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.31 - First Hotfix Released

I would take a screenshot of it but the tga stuff piss me off so I will just write...

Do you know Lurtz? The best general Isengard starts off (apart of Saruman himself)? Well, I was reading his traits and... he thinks he is a hobbit... who hate orcs!
    (Lurtz have both "Hobbit" and "Despises Orcs" traits if you dont got it)

At least he gives me a farm output bonus... I can imagine that massive uruk-hai wearing suspenders, smoking a long pipe, plowing the land with a hoe and saying "I have to do my best for Isenshire!"
    Last edited by VektorT; October 17, 2014 at 03:32 AM.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Public Beta Release - Patch 0.31 - First Hotfix Released

hehe, there are a couple of very minor typos as well dotted around the place, in one of Aragorn's traits or ancillaries (can't remember which one, will find out) Isildur is spelt Isulder.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftThorn View Post
    I started a new game as the dunedain everything seemed fine there. Also i have found the map.rwm but it is located in the virtual store area would that be the exact file i need?
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrobras View Post
    I would take a screenshot of it but the tga stuff piss me off so I will just write...

Do you know Lurtz? The best general Isengard starts off (apart of Saruman himself)? Well, I was reading his traits and... he thinks he is a hobbit... who hate orcs!
    (Lurtz have both "Hobbit" and "Despises Orcs" traits if you dont got it)

At least he gives me a farm output bonus... I can imagine that massive uruk-hai wearing suspenders, smoking a long pipe, plowing the land with a hoe and saying "I have to do my best for Isenshire!"
    To both of you, you must run the cleaner when you install the hotfix and secondly, you must disable UAC and then delete your virtual store entry otherwise the virtual store will save your preferences from before the hotfix and then try to load those with the new hotfix files and will cause bugs like Petrobas mentioned here.

Lurtz does not have the hobbit trait, this is because the cleaner hasn't been run AND/OR the UAC is till operational and your virtual store is still logging info.

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    hehe, there are a couple of very minor typos as well dotted around the place, in one of Aragorn's traits or ancillaries (can't remember which one, will find out) Isildur is spelt Isulder.
    Keep pulling them up and I will keep fixing them. Thank you.

Minor thing i noticed. Playing as variags of Khand, when I upgrade my city with large city walls the settlement starts to look like a mountain (dwarf settlement) on campaign map.

Just a suggestion. In the next hotfix, could you pls return events messages of your own faction as it was before? I.e. when you become powerful message pops out. It seems that now it is disabled.

Hey, sorry to ask about a basic thing, but I reinstalled my M2TWK game, the third age mod 3.2, DaC, installed the two patches and the 0.31 hotfix and finally ran the cleaner (which successfully erased the two files). Still, when i launch a campaign (any of them) the game crashes after the loading screen. It didn't happen with the last patch. Is there any known bug the could explain it? re-reading the installation instruction the problem doesn't seem to come from there.

Still, great mod, the new Dol Amroth units look so great, looks like i'll be playing with good old Imrahil once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious_ View Post
    Minor thing i noticed. Playing as variags of Khand, when I upgrade my city with large city walls the settlement starts to look like a mountain (dwarf settlement) on campaign map.
    I will have to look into that, very good catch.

Just a suggestion. In the next hotfix, could you pls return events messages of your own faction as it was before? I.e. when you become powerful message pops out. It seems that now it is disabled.
    They are still there, perhaps you aren't powerful enough yet.

@Gunwolf
    Make sure you have disabled the UAC and deleted your virtual store entry.

Bit of an update regarding Khand in the next release. Alongside many bug fixes of course, I am proposing the following:

Khand will no longer be frozen, they will be trapped but not frozen so getting near them will unleash them upon you and given that they will have many years to build up a big force, you might struggle to subdue them.

Secondly and perhaps more importantly, I am going to change Khand to be more like the Wildmen factions. All we know about Khand is that they are nomadic cavalry men from the far east. So it is unlikely that they would build huge sprawling cities and mighty castles, so I aim to make Large Town and Wooden Castle as high as they can go in terms of growth. Their recruitment will then be adjusted to fit this smaller pattern.

Hopefully this will provide a bit more of a unique experience when playing as this rather un-played faction.

More drastically, when I first joined DaC, I proposed removing Khand as a faction and having them represented through a number of recruitment buildings available in Khand only that any faction can build. So essentially if you capture Khand you get access to their entire roster. I was outvoted however and unless this extreme method meets with major support here it will be dropped as an idea forever.

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; October 17, 2014 at 06:00 AM.

Thanks a lot, working fine.

Oh, as a side effect of Khand no longer starting frozen, this also means that you'll be seeing Khandish armies coming against you during invasions. Enjoy.

I, for one, approve - they just don't do much back there atm, or serve much purpose, at least this way you'd potentially see their units on the frontlines in Haradrim or Easterling armies. At the very least, the restrictions sound reasonable. Perhaps they could use the 'dark castle/encampments' models if you really wanted to push the 'nomad' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Bit of an update regarding Khand in the next release. Alongside many bug fixes of course, I am proposing the following:

Khand will no longer be frozen, they will be trapped but not frozen so getting near them will unleash them upon you and given that they will have many years to build up a big force, you might struggle to subdue them.

Secondly and perhaps more importantly, I am going to change Khand to be more like the Wildmen factions. All we know about Khand is that they are nomadic cavalry men from the far east. So it is unlikely that they would build huge sprawling cities and mighty castles, so I aim to make Large Town and Wooden Castle as high as they can go in terms of growth. Their recruitment will then be adjusted to fit this smaller pattern.

Hopefully this will provide a bit more of a unique experience when playing as this rather un-played faction.

More drastically, when I first joined DaC, I proposed removing Khand as a faction and having them represented through a number of recruitment buildings available in Khand only that any faction can build. So essentially if you capture Khand you get access to their entire roster. I was outvoted however and unless this extreme method meets with major support here it will be dropped as an idea forever.

Let me know what you think.

That's a good idea for sure. They will be able to join invasions also. Cool units and great numbers. Proper barbarian invasion force.
    Playing for them is a lot of fun. Attacked Easterlings to get corridor to Anduin along the north of Mordor, aligned with them again, waging wars together with them in the north against Dorwinion/Dale and in the west against Rohan/Gondor. Unique campaign experience in comparison to other factions..

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

I'd support removing them as an actual faction, they never do anything in all of my campaigns and I never see any of their units either, it is a wasted faction slot.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

When you choose the faction at the start of campaign, i can see on the map that there is one region highlighted in different color on campaign map north of Easterling of Rhun. Is this some new upcoming faction?

That's why they're being changed to no longer start frozen so they can take action before Harad or Rhun are totally annihilated (which absolutely never happens without player intervention). I can virtually guarantee that you'll end up at war with them as Dorwinion, Dol Amroth and Gondor (Erebor and Dale too if you push east) sooner or later now. And with them now able to join invasions right from the start it's likely you'll clash with their units there too.

I like Khand because their roster is very different to the other 'evil' factions due to their being very much a cavalry based force; all the others are infantry based with little in the way of competent cavalry except Harad and Rhun's single elite cavalry unit (Harad's Serpent Guards and Rhun's Kataphracts). A player fighting them will have to use very different tactics to avoid severe losses.

Congratulations to the DaC teams, this "submods" is the best and ,when I think, I do not see many things improvable. Just one in fact : that would be cool to see back the black numenorean cavalry as a small elite force for Mordor. Furthermore this would be in agreement with the lore ! But perhaps this would imbalance the war against Gondor ?
    Cause to have an efficient army in plain, or just to catch fugitives (trolls are too clumsy for it), a faction needs some cavalry and Mordor is the only one who have not

Arachir Galudirithon, I'm not demanding or criticizing , if I knew how to do it, I will do it by myself

When you choose the faction at the start of campaign, i can see on the map that there is one region highlighted in different color on campaign map north of Easterling of Rhun. Is this some new upcoming faction?
    Sadly it is not, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by malwabar View Post
    Congratulations to the DaC teams, this "submods" is the best and ,when I think, I do not see many things improvable. Just one in fact : that would be cool to see back the black numenorean cavalry as a small elite force for Mordor. Furthermore this would be in agreement with the lore ! But perhaps this would imbalance the war against Gondor ?
    Cause to have an efficient army in plain, or just to catch fugitives (trolls are too clumsy for it), a faction needs some cavalry and Mordor is the only one who have not

Arachir Galudirithon, I'm not demanding or criticizing , if I knew how to do it, I will do it by myself
    Hahahahaha, stop worrying. I will take any and all criticism and weigh up their value as an argument. Criticize all you like. Demanding is when people say 'fix this now' or words to that effect, I only don't like it as it isn't very polite. Now regarding the Black Númenorean's it would totally make Mordor more OP than they already are and so however lore accurate it might be, I will have to say no.

Good support for the unfreezing of Khand so far. I have spent all morning adjusting them to fit the new limited system and it is coming along nicely. As Hummingbird has suggested, it is now just time to edit who they should start at war against.

New changelog added to the OP listing all the changes that will be present in the next release so you can have a read of what will be coming.
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; October 17, 2014 at 09:06 AM.

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but my in-battle VoA banner is messed up.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Not game breaking by any means, but I thought I should bring it to notice if no one has already.

Thanks

holy sht bro thank you so much it works now!!!!! anyone having the immediate ctd problem upon upgrading to .3 or .31 just delete your virtual store!!!!! thank u so much again man this is great mod i thought id like CoW (huge warhammer fan) better but man this is just way better and more polished than cow. plus i hate the eight billion scripted stacks that appear out of nowhere, takes the fun out of the game if they had sandbox mode going good maybe id like it more, anyway i digress thanks so much again!!!

dammit doubelpost again i keep forgetting to add things lol but one more question. I know the Kazad Dum scripts arent working correctly but IIRC somebody made a temp fix where u just get moria the second turn and the game plays out as normal but when i played as KD the game did not do that for me. just wondering if its still broken for a player to use