Page 503 of 506 FirstFirst ... 3403453478493494495496497498499500501502503504505506 LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,060 of 10104

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Version 0.52 Released

I think it isn't, he's 1 in MOS.

Strange, i had only one Balrog , when i tested KD campaign. If him was one , why not Sauron?

Interesting. It could be down to the 'Personal Security' stat then. The Balrog may have 0 whilst Sauron has a few points in it from traits or ancs somewhere. I believe 1 Personal Security is 2 extra bodyguards.

Lord of Shadows's Avatar Campidoctor

He does have +1 Personal Security from Faction Leader trait.

The "Arthedain Men at Arms" unit has a buggy LOD I've noticed. As in, when you zoom out they shrink to about half their normal size.

StillWaiting's Avatar Foederatus

Hey guys,
    I'm StillWaiting for version 1 like

Did you forget to eat or something while you were waiting? You´re looking a bit "skinny" on that photo...

Maybe you should at least get out and catch some fresh air, your face doesn´t look too healthy either, in fact you´re looking very "pale".
    - proud Divide & Conquer Testing Council member __ __

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by FengrAvUlver View Post
    Did you forget to eat or something while you were waiting? You´re looking a bit "skinny" on that photo...

Maybe you should at least get out and catch some fresh air, your face doesn´t look too healthy either, in fact you´re looking very "pale".
    or count sheep. Well that's what us Welsh do anyway...

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Everybody is waiting, I get that. Nonetheless, back to topic please guys (and girls)!

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

hmmm in Annon-en-Orod it shows and says i can get smiths guild, but iv got it to a city now with smiths maxed and already produced a fair few units of eregion smiths already from the other smith guild, so is it actually buildable there or should i accept another guild :p.

Accept another Guild. There is some sort of limitation on settlement descriptions, if I am not mistaken, so they sometimes repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by mouadmessi View Post
    1.Try disable map fow with this code "toggle_fow"
    2.Lower graphics and you will see that your waiting for AI movements will get much better (disable map shadow and virtual synchro if i recall correctly
    3.Reinstall the game
    4. Wait for V.1 and see if it fixes your bug
    Thank you. Of course I play without cheats

Quote Originally Posted by mouadmessi View Post
    1.Try disable map fow with this code "toggle_fow"
    2.Lower graphics and you will see that your waiting for AI movements will get much better (disable map shadow and virtual synchro if i recall correctly
    3.Reinstall the game
    4. Wait for V.1 and see if it fixes your bug
    actually it always happens. when I installed third age it got slower and now slower more. I think its because too much data and my * laptop. I can't play rome 2 or attila without lag, freezing

Quote Originally Posted by y1g1tKr4L View Post
    actually it always happens. when I installed third age it got slower and now slower more. I think its because too much data and my * laptop. I can't play rome 2 or attila without lag, freezing
    Yup, that´s because of the scripts running in the background. TA3 is delivered with a certain number of those and DaC is delivered with even more of those scripts.

The "toggle_fow" console command isn´t suggested to you here as a cheat, but as a temporary bug fix instead. If you need it to fix some critical issue with your campaign that would prevent you from continueing with the said one, just don´t look at the map, just don´t recon where your enemy´s armies are. You could just move your campaign map view to the lower left corner (where there´s all ocean only), toggle off the FOW, end your turn and then toggle FOW on again before you continue to play. Pretty much doable, isn´t it?

I had explained a bit further for what the "toggle_fow" command is useful right here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15066470

As for Rome2 and Attila:

If you can at least start those two games on your laptop, it should be suited well enough to run M2TW without too many issues, even in a heavily modded state. Just don´t drive your graphics card to it´s edge by forcing too much stress on it. Try changing the graphics options until you have found a configuration that won´t cause any trouble for your machine.
    AI turn times are increasing compared to vanilla M2TW for everyone, more or less depending on the hardware of everyone´s machines, that´s just natural due to the additional scripts. So don´t worry too much about that.
    Last edited by FengrAvUlver; July 28, 2016 at 02:19 AM.
    - proud Divide & Conquer Testing Council member __ __

And before you ask; I´m very confident that version 1.1 will be released before this millenium is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    Interesting. It could be down to the 'Personal Security' stat then. The Balrog may have 0 whilst Sauron has a few points in it from traits or ancs somewhere. I believe 1 Personal Security is 2 extra bodyguards.
    I've often wondered why Sauron's bodyguard can't be set to Olog-hai. Not 20 of them or anything, just like, 2 or something. And his battle model kept the same, as Sauron. Wouldn't this solve the problem of multiple Saurons? Yes, he'd have a couple of trolls with him who are as tough as he is if he does happen to spawn them, but at least it wouldn't look as visually silly as a couple extra Saurons.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Nariac View Post
    I've often wondered why Sauron's bodyguard can't be set to Olog-hai. Not 20 of them or anything, just like, 2 or something. And his battle model kept the same, as Sauron. Wouldn't this solve the problem of multiple Saurons? Yes, he'd have a couple of trolls with him who are as tough as he is if he does happen to spawn them, but at least it wouldn't look as visually silly as a couple extra Saurons.
    Can't be done; you can't have the general of a faction of different size than the rest of the generals of the faction.
    How it's done with gigant-Sauron is that the general himself is of normal size but invisible and hidden 'inside' the model you see ingame. The gigant-Sauron actually is a remodelled elephant, that the invisible general is ridning

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Can't be done; you can't have the general of a faction of different size than the rest of the generals of the faction.
    How it's done with gigant-Sauron is that the general himself is of normal size but invisible and hidden 'inside' the model you see ingame. The gigant-Sauron actually is a remodelled elephant, that the invisible general is ridning
    Thanks for the info. That is a really interesting and cool solution. It's a shame that the engine is so limited (which is probably the millionth time that has been said...)

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Issue: Lazy traits, the Bane of DaC's city builder's and governors.

How it plays out: With all playable factions it plays out the same. Even though governors are walked every turn except the last turn in build cycles they readiliy gain the lazy trait on that one turn that they don't move. Now I can see generals/family members gaining lazy traits if the don't move for a prolonged time, but being almost guaranteed gaining the trait after only one turn is not right in my opinion.

Many thanks to you'all from "Hanging in there Holly"of Suriname..........
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

First time posting on forums, not even sure Im posting this in right section. Love the mod been playing since public beta with no real issues. However since 0.52 game keeps crashing either by fatal graphics error or Mtw2 unspecific error. Followed all instructions for installing, have even wiped entire steam and reinstall at least 5 times. Also tried different downloads either from Mod DB or Mediafire, all still ending up with same crashes. Tried all the fixes i could find related to crashes with nothing seeming to work. Checking the system log says data files are missing, not sure if that would be why and if so where to even get missing files. Any info would be helpful even if its just to say i will never be able to play =(.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by FengrAvUlver View Post
    Yup, that´s because of the scripts running in the background. TA3 is delivered with a certain number of those and DaC is delivered with even more of those scripts.

The "toggle_fow" console command isn´t suggested to you here as a cheat, but as a temporary bug fix instead. If you need it to fix some critical issue with your campaign that would prevent you from continueing with the said one, just don´t look at the map, just don´t recon where your enemy´s armies are. You could just move your campaign map view to the lower left corner (where there´s all ocean only), toggle off the FOW, end your turn and then toggle FOW on again before you continue to play. Pretty much doable, isn´t it?

I had explained a bit further for what the "toggle_fow" command is useful right here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15066470

As for Rome2 and Attila:

If you can at least start those two games on your laptop, it should be suited well enough to run M2TW without too many issues, even in a heavily modded state. Just don´t drive your graphics card to it´s edge by forcing too much stress on it. Try changing the graphics options until you have found a configuration that won´t cause any trouble for your machine.
    AI turn times are increasing compared to vanilla M2TW for everyone, more or less depending on the hardware of everyone´s machines, that´s just natural due to the additional scripts. So don´t worry too much about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warscream View Post
    First time posting on forums, not even sure Im posting this in right section. Love the mod been playing since public beta with no real issues. However since 0.52 game keeps crashing either by fatal graphics error or Mtw2 unspecific error. Followed all instructions for installing, have even wiped entire steam and reinstall at least 5 times. Also tried different downloads either from Mod DB or Mediafire, all still ending up with same crashes. Tried all the fixes i could find related to crashes with nothing seeming to work. Checking the system log says data files are missing, not sure if that would be why and if so where to even get missing files. Any info would be helpful even if its just to say i will never be able to play =(.
    have you tried toggle_fow thing? It is explained in the previous page and this one