Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you fake something like this?

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝

Default Re: How do you fake something like this?

I don't know bro I normally wouldn't believe but I also had an incident.
    The day before my grandmother died me an my mom both saw her all ghosty and stuff. I couldn't believe my eyes but I told my mom and she said that she did as well. The next day we got a call from my uncle saying that granny was dead. Mind you this happened rather unexpectedly so I had no reason to believe that my grandmother would be dead within the day and then imagine it or something.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Delvecchio1975 View Post
    I know someone else who's lost their mind. Reality is subject to the cold and hard laws of physics, my friend. No room for paranormal events I'm afraid.
    Need to get more meta than physics.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Flinn's Avatar The Alpha Saint!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director Modding Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I don't know bro I normally wouldn't believe but I also had an incident.
    The day before my grandmother died me an my mom both saw her all ghosty and stuff. I couldn't believe my eyes but I told my mom and she said that she did as well. The next day we got a call from my uncle saying that granny was dead. Mind you this happened rather unexpectedly so I had no reason to believe that my grandmother would be dead within the day and then imagine it or something.
    I too have two very strange events that happened related to the deaths of my grandpas, but they are just concidences in my cases.

As for the videos, if you look careful at them, all the items, doors, chairs etc moving, jumping, opening and so on are never fully shown, so technically speaking it is absolutely possible that it's a 100% fake. I concur they did a great job, if it is truly a home made video, and not some trailer or WIP used in horror movies that has leaked out recently.
    Last edited by Flinn; September 22, 2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: grrrr typos
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

Indefinitely Banned

I know someone else who's lost their mind. Reality is subject to the cold and hard laws of physics, my friend. No room for paranormal events I'm afraid.
    If you say so...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?

That's to say the paranormal operates outside the bounds of the physical universe.

According to the laws of physics, matter cannot be created nor destroyed (which is odd considering the idea of how all matter in the universe just came into being in the first place). When we die, our bodies don't disappear so much as they dissipate, break down, and become worm food when buried in the soil. There is always the possibility that the conscience, if it can be detached from the organic brain, lives on after that, but that's a discussion for another thread. I'll just end it with this suggestion: if the conscience does live on, I'd bet money that every poltergeist was an angry drunk in their previous life.

I think Kyriakos has almost convinced me about the stop motion argument for the video. If that be the case, the video has some amazingly impressive stop motion special effects and layered audio files! I'd like to see how it was made, in that case, or a video with similar effects and the whole process of how it's done.

I'm not too sure about this next video and others like it, though: is every teenage kid with an amateur video camera a master with video editing and special effects?

Savannah, Georgia does have a reputation for producing this stuff.

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

Roma, the best way is to learn by doing, these are things anyone can do. Seriously get a camera and try it. There is plenty about animation technique out there. The important part is that the camera has to be a bit duff to sell it as lower quality image disguises the problems.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

I thought you meant he should learn by summoning spirits and doing necromancy

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I thought you meant he should learn by summoning spirits and doing necromancy
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    You are only a layman though, not a Demonologist
    In Spain there is a saying that we Portuguese are very fond of as well.

"Yo no creo en brujas pero que las hay las hay!"

I don't believe in witches , but they surely exist!

I'm not too sure about this next video and others like it, though: is every teenage kid with an amateur video camera a master with video editing and special effects?

Honestly i just think if the spirits from behond want to comunicate with us, bashing doors, and messing up the kitchen is not a very efficient way to do it.
    But that is just me.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 22, 2014 at 02:11 PM.

There are certainly witches but whether witchcraft and magic are real is another story all together. I mean priests exist don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    In Spain there is a saying that we Portuguese are very fond of as well.

"Yo no creo en brujas pero que las hay las hay!"

I don't believe in witches , but they surely exist!
    On the internet we have a saying to.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...tart=0&ndsp=20

Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Megas-Doux View Post
    On the internet we have a saying to.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...tart=0&ndsp=20
    If you want to compare Cervantes and his Don Quixote to something like that.... Personaly i think classical literature is above the internets... It as also a diferent meaning then the internet saying you posted.
    Funny though.

There are certainly witches but whether witchcraft and magic are real is another story all together. I mean priests exist don't they?
    Its a Phrase from cervantes... Werent you born in Spain? how you do not know this?

At anycase, yes there are real Witches, or are they people pretending to be witches? that is the dilema isnt it?
    Btw yes priests exist, but do they claim to be magical? Cure you, or perform miracles? i dont think its exactly the same thing. Or better yet do they save your soul with their rites? or they just pretend to save it? Another dilema.
    Behold the genious that is Cervantes
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 22, 2014 at 02:27 PM.

Whilst you tilt at windmills. I like to think of the world as a stage and so is the internet. I am a performer of comic relief. So "If all the world is a stage, play on."

Also credit avatar from.

Or they just think they can but aren't really doing anything.
    No I have never been to Spain and I have never really read all of Don Quixote anyway. It was not required reading in any of my schools either, but I would assume that has more to with the fact that I live in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post

Honestly i just think if the spirits from behond want to comunicate with us, bashing doors, and messing up the kitchen is not a very efficient way to do it.
    But that is just me.
    Well, despite what religions say, no one really knows anything about the afterlife, if such a thing exists for organic beings (not just humans). Therefore, anything is possible really, including the very depressing possibility that, as a spirit, you're unable to communicate effectively, like with speech, and the only way to interact with the physical world is by doing this. Of course, that's all my guesswork and conjecture.

As for your dorkman video, those guys clearly executed a lot of planning in a nice stage setting for their lightsaber fight, with software tools like Final Cut Pro at their disposal to add all the neat graphics. I'm guessing the 17-year-old hick from some podunk town visiting Savannah, Georgia to see his grandma and using his crappy home video camera doesn't have access or the expertise to use video editing software. The result baffled special effects industry experts, as interviewed in that local news piece. That's worth some consideration, at least.

These videos can be easily manipulated, but unfortunately witness "testimony" of poltergeists is also questionable by the very nature that it deals with the paranormal and not the concrete and tangible world that can be verified with forensics. For instance, the mass concurrence of people who visited the Greyfriars Kirkyard in Scotland during the last decade and a half, alleging that they experienced inexplicable burning, biting, choking, pinching, scratching, and body bruising from an invisible source they ascribe to the MacKenszie Poltergeist, or rather, the spirit of George MacKenzie. His tomb lies there and was disturbed for the first time in 1998 by a vagrant.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

The Carpathian Forests (formerly Scotlland)

If you look at the video, every single thing that happens has the objects flying either towards the camera, or towards the far left corner. It's pretty simple: hidden people and wires.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    If you look at the video, every single thing that happens has the objects flying either towards the camera, or towards the far left corner. It's pretty simple: hidden people and wires.
    I don't think it's that simple. Did you watch the second video? From what I understand, fishing wires are incapable of making a mass of silverware (spoons, forks, knives) fly upwards from the kitchen counter and disperse across a wide radius like they did. They flew into the air almost as if an explosion occurred underneath them, yet there's nothing there! At least nothing we can see. Either something very inexplicable is going on here (i.e. paranormal), or someone has a very impressive air propellant hose that we aren't able to see for some odd reason. Although fishing wire can pull and tug objects forward for sure, it does not explain the silverware flinging up into the air as they did from the counter.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

So has he claimed the one million dollars yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    So has he claimed the one million dollars yet?
    Judging by all the claimants, it looks like it's just a thing for would-be psychics. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy who made these poltergeist videos is even aware of this organization. I certainly wasn't before you generously provided the link.

Of course, a fraud wouldn't bother contacting the organization at all, as it would be a waste of their fraudulent time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12