Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy (2015/07/18)

Quote Originally Posted by kugkings View Post
    Lol, I was looking in the wrong pack. That explains it. BTW, about 60 turns in and the ai is pretty amusing. Oda still advances faster than any other clan for me, but idk what can really be done about that. Perhaps change their farm so that it's only "average soil" rather than "very fertile" so their income is nerfed a bit.
    Hey, Owari is historically a rice basket province.

Quote Originally Posted by phucahwa View Post
    How do you do it? I couldn't move the mods around in Steam's mod manager.
    Simple. Put MoS without Better Maps. Launch the game, then exit from main menu.

Then put Better Maps. Play it again with it this time.

Profit.

skimyy's Avatar Civis

I played for about 90 turns. Took notes while I played:

Takeda - Legendary Horse bonus needs replacement due to change.

Resource limitation are a bit too drastic IMO, but w/e it's fun being limited for once.

AI does not recruit much Samurai units.

Change to Skill Tree would be cool

Horse Breeders/Warhorse Stables Warhose Studs/State Stables is unclear weird. Seems like State Stables comes from building a NEW Pasture building, and Warhorse Stables comes from provinces with Horse resources.

Encampment building options are really stupid IMO. -1 armor for Proving Grounds charge bonus?, -10 charge for Armoury armor bonus?

End Turns are long, but i can't blame it since alot of factions. Seems to increase as you go further into campaign.

Iron Trade Node is replaced with a Region (Oshima)

Warrior Nun Garrison - Gun sounds from Bow

Legendary Buildings can be built over and over?

I cannot recruit Katana/Yari infantry hero. It is grayed out. Have finished Bushido Tree and built Legendary buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Simple. Put MoS without Better Maps. Launch the game, then exit from main menu.

Then put Better Maps. Play it again with it this time.

Profit.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by skimyy View Post

I played for about 90 turns. Took notes while I played:

Takeda - Legendary Horse bonus needs replacement due to change.

Resource limitation are a bit too drastic IMO, but w/e it's fun being limited for once.

AI does not recruit much Samurai units.

Change to Skill Tree would be cool

Horse Breeders/Warhorse Stables Warhose Studs/State Stables is unclear weird. Seems like State Stables comes from building a NEW Pasture building, and Warhorse Stables comes from provinces with Horse resources.

Encampment building options are really stupid IMO. -1 armor for Proving Grounds charge bonus?, -10 charge for Armoury armor bonus?

End Turns are long, but i can't blame it since alot of factions. Seems to increase as you go further into campaign.

Iron Trade Node is replaced with a Region (Oshima)

Warrior Nun Garrison - Gun sounds from Bow

Legendary Buildings can be built over and over?

I cannot recruit Katana/Yari infantry hero. It is grayed out. Have finished Bushido Tree and built Legendary buildings.
    Takeda - Legendary Horse bonus needs replacement due to change. Could you refresh my mind in what was this? XD

AI does not recruit much Samurai units. Are you using the version uploaded here, the part 1 from steam or the version B from steam? version B will soon be the main. Is much more better and the AI tend to use more samurai. I'm still working on that but it takes some time.

Change to Skill Tree would be cool. For sure but i'm kind of short of personal.

Horse Breeders/Warhorse Stables Warhose Studs/State Stables is unclear weird. Breeders are natural dojos in provinces while pastures could be placed wherever you want. Looks like you are speaking about the building levels looking similar and making it confusing. Is that?

Encampment building options are really stupid IMO. You might be right. I'll ask other players what they think about that.

End Turns are long, but i can't blame it since alot of factions. As all Expanded Japan based mods, end turn are long

Iron Trade Node is replaced with a Region. Yup Expanded Japan

Warrior Nun Garrison - Gun sounds from Bow. Most annoying bug ever. I'll have to change it u.u.

Legendary Buildings can be built over and over. Yup, I think it's better like that.

I cannot recruit Katana/Yari infantry hero. I'll check this out

Thanks for posting the problems you found out. I work around them to improve the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by :jason: View Post
    OMG...the Date have Dewa Sanzan and Shugendo Practitioner units! Such work and detail on this mod! Has really changed the game for the better!
    You gave me and idea. I might be able to make Ikko Ikki campaign Monks looks like Shugendo Practitioners

AI does not recruit much Samurai units. Are you using the version uploaded here, the part 1 from steam or the version B from steam? version B will soon be the main. Is much more better and the AI tend to use more samurai. I'm still working on that but it takes some time.

Could you also upload the version B here? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by yollo View Post

Could you also upload the version B here? Thank you.
    the last version updated here is based on version B but i fixed some stuff in the steam one. Give me a few days and I'll upload it here a pack with more updates

Excellent. Also, I have noticed a bug in disembarking armies. I cannot disembark on Honma or any of the other small islands. I have also had trouble disembarking anywhere that there isn't a landmark(resource) to land on/attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    You gave me and idea. I might be able to make Ikko Ikki campaign Monks looks like Shugendo Practitioners
    While you are looking into the gun-sound from bow bug, I'll say it happened to me in my testing as well. It happened with bow monks. When I clicked a move order they have the "drum-march" sound from the boshin war units as well as gun sound when firing bow. Good luck with the fixes. I wish I could help. The only thing I know how to do in this game is change clan colors which I did for my own game. Loving this mod so far.

Town growth due to commerce doesn't appear to be working. It makes the game almost unplayable, since every building that reduces you food supplies weakens your income severely.
    At the beginning of the game it seems that everyone hates everyone which makes trade almost impossible and you're constantly forced to watch your back do to the thread of a multiple-front war(even on weaker difficulties).The 5 rice for one town-growth ratio looks ok at first, but you don't get enough food (especially in the beginning) to have a competitive economy. Even if the wealth-gain from buildings would work.(Wealth gain in general needs a little re-balancing I think)

All that aside, the mod is really fun to play so far and forces the player to find different niches to exploit if they want to be successful while giving more and more options as you move through the game.

Also, does anyone know, how to update the encyclopedia? I can't find the file to extract and it does not autoupdate after dropping the mod into the data-folder.

trade is very possible with most any clan you can reach by land and sea I have found. and i believe it was historically accurate that all/most factions were weary of their neighbors. nobody wanted to leave their land unguarded and go off to conquer because the threat of invasion on their own land. thats why having an alliance like the Oda/Tokugawa allowed Nobunaga to try and march on the capital while Ieyasu watched over their home provinces. The other things you mentioned about commerce, I have yet to notice myself. Nor do i know about the encyclopedia. will play more tonight and test.

I've been enjoying this mod so far, and like the new building options especially.

I found the trick with the diplomacy is that your relations will improve with every clan when you declare war, as all clans are essentially enemies with each other. The various Christian clans are quite good in this respect, declaring war on the Otomo can make your relations friendly with most other clans, thus allowing trade.
    Currently following these promising mods - Imperia Antiquitatis by Splenyi
    Traits, Talents, and Toadies
    by Hellbent
    Real Roman Reforms
    by Aodh Mor
    Unit Icons project
    by Bullgod
    Also recommended:
    City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options
    by Dresden

Quote Originally Posted by yollo View Post
    Excellent. Also, I have noticed a bug in disembarking armies. I cannot disembark on Honma or any of the other small islands. I have also had trouble disembarking anywhere that there isn't a landmark(resource) to land on/attack.
    Try invading ports. Then you should be able to disembark

Quote Originally Posted by :jason: View Post
    While you are looking into the gun-sound from bow bug, I'll say it happened to me in my testing as well. It happened with bow monks. When I clicked a move order they have the "drum-march" sound from the boshin war units as well as gun sound when firing bow. Good luck with the fixes. I wish I could help. The only thing I know how to do in this game is change clan colors which I did for my own game. Loving this mod so far.
    I seriously hate that bug. I remaded several units but yet sometimes it gets activated.

Quote Originally Posted by To_The_Moon363 View Post
    Town growth due to commerce doesn't appear to be working. It makes the game almost unplayable, since every building that reduces you food supplies weakens your income severely.
    At the beginning of the game it seems that everyone hates everyone which makes trade almost impossible and you're constantly forced to watch your back do to the thread of a multiple-front war(even on weaker difficulties).The 5 rice for one town-growth ratio looks ok at first, but you don't get enough food (especially in the beginning) to have a competitive economy. Even if the wealth-gain from buildings would work.(Wealth gain in general needs a little re-balancing I think)

All that aside, the mod is really fun to play so far and forces the player to find different niches to exploit if they want to be successful while giving more and more options as you move through the game.

Also, does anyone know, how to update the encyclopedia? I can't find the file to extract and it does not autoupdate after dropping the mod into the data-folder.
    I'll have to check again this growth stuff since a lot are complaining .. The never ending flow of bugs

BTW: There is no encyclopedia (It's a lot of work)

Quote Originally Posted by redxavier View Post
    I've been enjoying this mod so far, and like the new building options especially.

I found the trick with the diplomacy is that your relations will improve with every clan when you declare war, as all clans are essentially enemies with each other. The various Christian clans are quite good in this respect, declaring war on the Otomo can make your relations friendly with most other clans, thus allowing trade.
    Yup, that is not exacly intentional but yeah it works so far. I'll reduse this bonus since is a bit extreme, but it will be a good tactic. Other important stuff is the time of a relation. In long term alliance and trade get seriously strong.

Privates's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by skimyy View Post

I happen to agree with these. Negative bonuses with encampments should be done away with and instead just lessen the positive ones? If that makes sense?

The pastures, I get what you're doing, just think it's weird that they're basically the same building. Somehow make them a little different and more clearly defined? IMO anyway.

And while I don't mind at all being limited by resources (such a fun challenge), I do think it's kinda weird you can basically build any resource in any province, eventually.

This might be out of your timeframe/energy/interest/ability but possibly limiting where certain resource buildings could be developed? I.E. Cotton in southern provinces where the climate is better and mines/silk/horses in places where there were historically mines.

Also, food production from farms, some provinces known for their high yield should maybe have bonuses for food? And poor provinces the reverse? Instead of every province being able to produce the same amount of food.

Obviously this would take research and man hours but I would be willing to help if need be.

Great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Privates View Post
    I happen to agree with these. Negative bonuses with encampments should be done away with and instead just lessen the positive ones? If that makes sense?

The pastures, I get what you're doing, just think it's weird that they're basically the same building. Somehow make them a little different and more clearly defined? IMO anyway.

And while I don't mind at all being limited by resources (such a fun challenge), I do think it's kinda weird you can basically build any resource in any province, eventually.

This might be out of your timeframe/energy/interest/ability but possibly limiting where certain resource buildings could be developed? I.E. Cotton in southern provinces where the climate is better and mines/silk/horses in places where there were historically mines.

Also, food production from farms, some provinces known for their high yield should maybe have bonuses for food? And poor provinces the reverse? Instead of every province being able to produce the same amount of food.

Obviously this would take research and man hours but I would be willing to help if need be.

Great mod.
    Ok I got the Pastures and encampments part and I'll change it.

About the resources and that stuff, actually is a great idea. The way to do it is to set a variety of farms in the startposs and then you can change them. The problem is how to set a logical amount. Let's say you place 1 standar (only food and pastures), 1 improved (extra food, pastures, silk, cotton, sake), 1 mines (food, pastures, mines), 1 wood (food, pastures, wood), would that be enought? Also think about map distribution, since it would be a little to hard to get resources if it's not well done. Some collaboration with the ideas would be nice.

Steam version updated
    Changes:

Main menu images
    3D models of castles and farms (they are smaller and the map looks better)
    1+ growth to the AI so they are not as much affected by the tax
    Negative effects for barracs eliminated (less the cost in some and the time in Jiushitsu Dojo)
    Reduced upkeep for veterans
    Metsuke and Monk avaible in province specialty (monk also in shrine)
    Some stuff was debuged
    Changes in pastures and breeders for more clarity
    Who knows what else? My memory is not good XD

About Nagashima, the decoration is done, it's relatively simply, but something is sucking processor capacity. As soon as I have the situation under control I'll do a rebuild easier to manage (version 3).