Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: MOS V2 NOW WITH HISTORICAL SIEGES (24/05/2015)

Maybe, most cavalry units have a quite high value for unkeep

Notes, i'll reduce it, you are right in that.

Privates's Avatar Foederatus

Sohei yumi ki upkeep is double that of sohei naginata ki and most other cavalry I could see my last game, if I'm not mistaken, that's why I asked.

Great mod though, thanks for your hard work.
    "To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. Sun Tzu

Ok i'll change it.

For you to know guys this is what I have done and what i'm trying to do for the next version:
    Improved Building AI (Not finished, but it's working wide better)
    Easier access to most resources (this is to make it a bit easier for AI, but if I'm able to make AI even better I'll keep it more or less like it's now)
    Improved diplomacy (I did reached to real divide since I had not the time, but Allies should be kept)(Also the diplomacy decisions should be more critical and have more significance in long terms)
    Naval raidings (using the bombardment system from FoTS, credits to RGM mod, though it wont have battle naval suport)

Which is still concerning me is if AI it's enogh agressive. I'll need more time for that.

Oda yumi ashigaru's cap is 2 and it cant get any higher even if you research "we are the daymyos hands"

That might be a problem in the effect linking. I'll check. Thanks for the report.

Note for all: Started vacations a few hours ago! So this week is mostly posible that you will get an update

I just found out about this mod, and I'm really excited. It's been quite dead on the Shogun modding front. I have some questions. Are you planning to redo units and reskin them for a more realistic look? Maybe add the cool animations for generals where they sit, or add Bullgods unique generals ( if you get permission of course). Anyways this seems awesome!

No sorry, but i'm not reskining. It would take forever. Though as I said I would acept content if someone wants to do it, at least I have expended enought time in this mod.

Btw Soon I'll upload the latest version to twcenter.

Updated Now
    Last edited by Weierstrass; July 08, 2015 at 07:18 PM.

Senator

Default Re: Master Of Strategy (2015/07/08)

this mod looks sweet. is
    V2 15_07_02 the latest version?

One thing I noticed is that units, clans, cities etc. are missing their names and the description. The UI on the campaign map is also strange and buggy, appears where it should not. Is this just me or is this something that will be fixed in the future?
    Last edited by eliasandersson; July 09, 2015 at 10:48 AM.

I made a mistake in the name here, it should said 15_07_08, but it's the latest version

are you using the steam version or the one here? your game is in english or other language? I have no problems so far with UI

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    are you using the steam version or the one here? your game is in english or other language? I have no problems so far with UI
    should we be using the steam version or the one here? what does the Historical Castles Pack do?
    Last edited by lesterthenerd; July 09, 2015 at 11:19 AM.

The one here is a movie type. That means that you dont have to activate it in the mod manager, but you have to place it manualy in the data folder and take it out if you dont want to play it. Also this version is updated less frecuently and it's not automatic. In the other hand it's only made by two parts, historical castles that add the Himeji, Osaka, Nagashima and Edo map to the campaign, and the main pack.

Hey author, just wanted to thank you for your work. Now that every choice is important, the game is so much better.

Senator

just built a shrine but still cant recruit monks? says im at the max cap for them. also the hunters building doesnt give two food.
    Last edited by lesterthenerd; July 10, 2015 at 04:45 PM.

lvl 1 temple do not give cap but the ability to recruit .. hunters gives 2 food, but lvl 1 farm also gives 2 food (maybe you did not realised)

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    lvl 1 temple do not give cap but the ability to recruit .. hunters gives 2 food, but lvl 1 farm also gives 2 food (maybe you did not realised)
    well 120 turns in the ai has no monks still. luckily i changed that so it makes more sense now. also thinking of limiting agents to just one per type because of agent abuse.

when i built those hunters my food didnt increase but it could have been because i built mines the same turn. it doesnt say mines takes up food though so ill get back to you on that. it does say gold, stone, iron mines takes up food though so you could have just missed it in the description for non specific mines.

really enjoying the mod. wonder how it compares to the newly released total realism beta.

oh and if anyone wants those agent changes pm me.
    Last edited by lesterthenerd; July 11, 2015 at 11:51 AM.

Hey it would be nice to tell me what did you changed. I would consider them.

About the farms, think that mines do not give food and them in higher lvls consume it. So if a provinces without mines gives +2, with gives 0 (-2 from origin), and in high lvls -2 (-4 from origin).

What do you mean with compares to total realism?

btw: could you tell me in general how is the ai developing? I mean wars, diplomacy, armies?

Senator

well to give shrines the means to recruit monks i just added a new entry to building_factionwide_effects_junction_tables and selected SHO_MOS_bud_1_shrine then selected agent_cap_monk then added a 1. it might make sense based on the description but i must admit it doesnt really make sense from a gameplay prospective.

i mean it makes way more sense for a buddhist temple to be able to recruit monks not a shrine so i changed it back. havent seen any ai monks 129 turns in though but maybe there are a few elsewhere on the map since im still on the very first part of the map in my play through as the shimazu. actually ive only seen two agents so far.

i did limit the faction cap for all agents to 1 though cause its not fair that i can recruit so many agents and abuse the crap out of the ai plus it will eliminate that agent spam thats always occurred in other mods late game. its in agents_tables under faction_total_cap. i just set it to 1 for each agent type.

well like i said im still in the very first part of the map so i cant fully judge the the ai but so far it seems the ai has been doing pretty good campaign wise. it does a good job at recruiting balanced armies of infantry, a few cavalry units and ranged units. the few clans ive eliminated have had one full stack mainly of spear levy units. the last two clans ive fought against have had a couple of samurai units. they are pretty rare so far but in 50 turns im hoping the ai is developed enough to recruit more samurai units.

diplomacy wise it hasnt been aggressive towards me at all though as none of my neighboring clans have ever waged war on me yet. elsewhere on the map they seem to be waging war amongst each other as i keep seeing the clan destroyed event every few turns. perhaps it is a bit too passive towards the player but cant say for sure just yet though.

based on the 9 provinces ive conquered it seems that the ai is able to make good use of the new buildings though. so far the ai seems to be developing quite well but in another hundred turns ill be able to say for certain whether thats true or not. im also playing on normal difficulty. next campaign ill play on hard as a more challenging clan.
    Last edited by lesterthenerd; July 12, 2015 at 03:27 PM.

I'll check the AI agressiveness then. They might be a little to pasive, and also raise the samurai quality values. A few days ago I found out that forced katana was to high, so I'll reduce that one. Other than that in my games I found out that for example Takeda recruiting was impresive compared to other clans. So that might be the key