Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy V1.0109

I like this mod but PLEASE DON'T GIVE THE CLAN SPECIAL UNITS TO ALL CLANS!
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Well some of the special units are now comon units now. But i made new ones for each clan. Btw i advanced a lot in version 2. During this weekend i want to release a test version

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Nice to see you mate still working on this mod
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Love the mod same with kami total war,sense you (if I read right colleberated with him)
    Anychance you know why on steam some parts of kami is hidden? Been keeping an eye on both mods and the curiousity in me decided to try to contact one of you to see.

P.s once on steam I can most likely test the hell out of it and give feedback if you want
    XD over 200hrs and only had it for.....2weeks?

Well i made the building part of kami total war but a long time ago. I can ask him what is going on but i currently have no idea. About the mod i recomend you to check this thread during monday (For sure i'll have a version 2 test ready). The steam version have stability problems and that is why i made this new one

Default Re: Total Strategy Mod ''EARLY CAMPAIGN BETA'' 26/10/14

Hello!

I like this project and this mod seems very promising, but it seems to have huge compatibility issues with Radious units mod and units pack. If used with that mod the untis from Radious mod disappear and I can merely see drafted ashigaru.
    Also I crash at the end of turn 2.

The different buildings and the like, the choices and especially the units are all looking great(for how much I saw them in two turns), but this just seems to be unfriendly with most other minor mods.

I did manage to play with the Korea mod(expanded Japan + Korea) and radious mods combined without problems(except that rebellions don't happen for some reason). I removed the Korea mod and added yours to see how it goes, but whatever I do I crash at second turn. I suppose the only way to play this one is by only having it as the only mod?

Default Re: Master Of Strategy V2 Beta

Since this is a mayor mod it's not recomended to play with other mods. Just very minor mods, sounds mods, visual mods and others could be compatible. Due the units stats untis mods would reduce the game experience. I could add units and things from others mods if i find them okay. About the crashes, others mods may increase the chance. Currently the test version use the expanded.50 to reduce crash issue but it's being test and a group of testers is helping me to debug the mod.

Btw: I'm currently making osaka http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=413510740

I did download the Beta 2 version to try it out. The different stats do not bother me much, your units are actually quite accurate in terms of stats along with Radious units, the drafted ashigaru have lower stats than the common ashigaru, but not too low, only problem is the higher upkeep in comparison with Radious units.
    Will you eventually upgrade your mod on the basis of Korea mod? Not to actually add Korea, but to add some other clans that are no longer updated with the Expanded regions mod, such as Negoro-Gumi (Ikko Ikki sympathysers) for example?

I will try out your mod on it's own and see how it goes without any other mods. I don't mind the minor incompatibilities such as unit stats, but the fact that the units from other mod do not show up is kind of weird. Biggest issue is that crash at the end of 2nd turn. I assume the crash's reason is maybe a new building built/clashing with something from another mod? Whatever it may be, I'll find out tonight(hope so).

Thanks for the nice mod, it's a nice fresh thing to play seeing as modding is pretty slow-to non existent currently in Shogun 2(I find that odd, cause many people claim that Shogun 2 is better than Rome 2)

Hey bro I found that something is still causing crashes in this version so if i were you i'll wait at least a week to play (i'll try to have the solution this weekend though). About units. They do not spawn in custom battles or just in the campaign? They wont be in the campaign since i changed the building linking. About the longer expanded map i first want to have an stable version to do so. It's quite easy to add it to other version, but i need to have a proper main version first

fix uploaded (but not tested deeply)

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Hey bro I found that something is still causing crashes in this version so if i were you i'll wait at least a week to play (i'll try to have the solution this weekend though). About units. They do not spawn in custom battles or just in the campaign? They wont be in the campaign since i changed the building linking. About the longer expanded map i first want to have an stable version to do so. It's quite easy to add it to other version, but i need to have a proper main version first
    Hey,
    About the units, I haven't checked custom battles as I don't play them. In the campaign they do not spawn, sadly. Yeah it probably is cause of the buildings. Ok I'll wait for a more stable version.
    Worst case scenario, if I'm not able to paly this mod it would be nice to have the units as a standalone unit pack to download. I guess I'm jsut too used to playing with Radious added units.
    I'ma try out the fix and see how it goes tho

Yeah, when i finish the mod i'll place an unit version.

btw: Some small bugs founded (some arround sound, ninja colurs, and ninja visual). I'll keep the updates and fixes flowing

Well, there is. Updated. It's compatible with other old saves. I recommend to download it

Re: Master Of Strategy V2 Beta

I am very keen on good campaign mods.
    this one is great !
    I noticed so far 2 bugs on the campaign departement.
    It seems we can't hire monks even if we have temples,
    Even if the proper washi paper craftman building has been built, we can't upgrade building that require washi paper. It looks like the ressource isn't yet available.

Interesting mod man, keep up the good work. Here are some of my observations from playing the mod for around 30-50 turns

The Good
    -Expanded map mod integration
    -The unit tiers are awesome, I like the peasant look for the forced ashigaru.
    -Unique economy, and building tree. It makes you choose where you want to have a military and where to have food, or money production.
    -Improved combat, please make this a module of it's own I would like to plug this in with other mods.

Neutral
    -The enemy has AI buffs so they don't have to worry about rebellions.
    -The enemy has economic boost (less upkeep, bigger purse) and a 1 fort faction on very hard can field 3-4 samurai units plus 5-8 forced ashigaru, 2-3 ashigaru and maybe 2-3 generals. all of this while I can barely field 7-9 forced ashigaru, plus the starting army (1 sam, 3 ashigaru, 1 general) maybe I'll play on a lower difficulty.
    -Vanilla expanded map colors for minor faction uniforms. (light pink, teal etc.)

The Bad
    -Some of the buildings have incorrect ui tags like christian cross on some of the buildings.
    -The Cai is not aggressive and is bugged, do to the crashes. I had an enemy clan with a near full stack going back and forth between my territory and theirs, and for some reason it would crash when it went to the pirate wako's turn. ( Maybe the enemy tried to attack? the siege UI never came up.)
    -Crash when enemy agents attack my agent.(my unit disappeared might have been killed? no body though, also crashed on wako turn.)

Overall the mod is a fun and unique experience and I look forward to seeing the development continue.

Thanks for your reply. I'm now trying to finish the Edo castle battle map to integrate it into the capamaign. The reason of crashes at end turn was detected and solved. The ui tag and red cross problem was solved to. Which is really driving me crazy is the Cai, but with some work it will be fine

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I'm now trying to finish the Edo castle battle map to integrate it into the capamaign. The reason of crashes at end turn was detected and solved. The ui tag and red cross problem was solved to. Which is really driving me crazy is the Cai, but with some work it will be fine
    How do you plan to integrate your Edo castle battle map into the campaign? Did someone figure how to assign custom maps into the campaign game?

Will try this when ipdated! Looking good

I figured out. Not that hard XD. You have 7 varieties with 6 lvls. Lvl 1 to 5 have 1 to 5 free slots. Lvl 6 is not used in the sengoku campaign and have 5 slots (this lvl is used in fots). Then you have an script that relate areas to batlemaps (this defines why you have x variety in x place). By default plain castle is used (this is why expaned japan use this one as much). So the proces is:

1) Make the campaign buildings for the castles and place them in the startpos (lvl 6 castles)
    2) Find the coordinates for your specific castle and use one variety for each one
    3) Replace the map in the lvl 6 of the variety (terrain.pack, it's a preset)
    4) Play