Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy V1.0

V1.0 Released 06/01/14

I really like the unit cards and building icons, those are always the most tedious and annoying part of making a mod for me. And if you need any help on anything, let me know because I am so into this

Privates's Avatar Foederatus

Dear Weierstrass,

Thank you for this mod, it has breathed new life into my S2 experience. Please, keep up the good work.

Now, I've some small issues: First, I noticed in my Tokugawa campaign, I seized Totomi from the Imagawa, who had built a farm town there, and I wanted to destroy it to build a trade town, but the button for raze/destroy building is blanked out. It's not the root building in the chain, so why can't I destroy it? Secondly, is there a cap on military ports? I owned two provinces, one with military port, but in my other province the option to build another is missing; not even grey/blank but actually missing. Seemed strange...

Also, what is the red "Christian" symbol over some of my buildings? Is it to do with unrest? How does the scaling difficulty work with buildings? Makes them more expensive? Some clarification is needed although I understand it's a lot of work, this isn't your job and English isn't your native language

If you'd like any help with the descriptions I'd be happy to assist. I really do enjoy the concept of this mod. Thanks!

I'd just like to add that the ninjas look like geishas in my campaign, is this intentional?

Also, I can confirm farming village/town is unable to dismantle.

Finally, I am somewhat confused by the unrest/religion thing. I get that it's intended to make the tax settings and the game harder and more interesting, which it does, but I have a problem: I just conquered Izu after Suruga and while Suruga and Totomi have unrest increasing with normal tax setting, Izu, strangely, does not. Just some clarification please, as I'm confused. All in all, great mod

-Village farm not beign removable: I have to check that one but i'm not sure what is generating such issue (the tables configurations should let you eliminate it). If i cannot solve this i'll allow to upgrade to other type of towns from the differents lvls.
    -About other buildings limit: I'll eliminate this in most cases since it generates some problems
    -Christian symbol: That is a bug that i have no idea where did it come from. I tried to eliminate the red dot icon by removing the alpha chanel but i was not able to find the file (tried like 10 times)
    -Scaling difficulty gives penalties from each province you own. Currently there are 3: 1)Building cost (dont remmber if 1% or 0,5%) 2)Unit cost (the same) 3)Unrest (0,02 tranformation to unrest)
    -Ninjas in campaing: The game is trolling me with that one XD, i have to change that ... somehow
    -I would need to see the whole situation to know what was happening there. Some building generates anti unrest not only for their province so other province could increase the effects and also the other way arround is possible.

Dont worry about me speaking english. I know i have plenty of mistakes but i require to improve my english so this is no more than a practice that i need.

About helping me, yes i need help, a lot. If you know how to use pfm adding building descriptions would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    -Village farm not beign removable: I have to check that one but i'm not sure what is generating such issue (the tables configurations should let you eliminate it). If i cannot solve this i'll allow to upgrade to other type of towns from the differents lvls.
    Could it be a conflict with another mod? I have Radious Fixes, Exp., Garrison, and Naval running as well...Thanks for looking into it though. This is really the only one I have a gripe with, the rest are minor nuisances.

-I would need to see the whole situation to know what was happening there. Some building generates anti unrest not only for their province so other province could increase the effects and also the other way arround is possible.
    I'm basically just trying to figure out how I'm still generating unrest when i have no buildings/characters that are producing it. It seems to be only tax. If its a work in progress though, no worries.

Oh, and I hope you didn't think I was criticizing your English. It's good and, trust me, miles better than my Spanish

I'm not proficient with PFM but I'll try my best.

Cheers
    "To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. Sun Tzu

Default Re: Master Of Strategy V1.0109

in regards to not being able to destroy the farm village, there's a reason. In PFM there's a column in the building_levels table called destruction_terminator. That determines whether or not you can destroy that building. But for what ever reason it doesn't have any effect on castles or infrastructure. In fact, I at one point I tried playing around with it and it caused crashes when I tried to make it possible to destroy castles. And since in this mod the roads are replaced by these villages, that is probably the reason. One (hopefully temporary) workaround is to change the building_upgrades_junctions table so that you could upgrade a farmers village to a smaurais town, merchants town, etc.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try that temporary fix in the meantime. Kudos!
    "To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. Sun Tzu

Hello,

since your mod seems interesting i wanted to try it, everything seems really fine so far. I really like the warrior and building system. The small (i'am still in the beginning) are much more exciting and tactial than Darthmod or vanilla. Big plus is also the finance system and the recruitment, so i dont have to fight full stacks of yari samurai over and over again .
    Only thing is that i have a problmen, in 2 Campaign i have the problem, that in Summer of the year 1647 the game freezes and crashes (Shimazu and Uesugi turn).

-Christian symbol: That is a bug that i have no idea where did it come from. I tried to eliminate the red dot icon by removing the alpha chanel but i was not able to find the file (tried like 10 times)

To my knowledge, religion symbol on buildings represent which religion is required to construct that building.

PumKinKing, did you tried to re load the last save game and continue? I had a few crashes but i found no reason and everytime i reloaded the campaign in the last save game and i had no problem. Even though it has been a while since the last time that happened to me. I'll pay attention.

TheraTnexTdooR I know that, but in this mod that is not the reason. Something else is causing troubles

TheraTnexTdooR I know that, but in this mod that is not the reason. Something else is causing troubles
    A building which is spreading religion, or a new resource&technology which is required&produced but have no icon. As far as I know, only those can generate such a problem.

PumKinKing, did you tried to re load the last save game and continue? I had a few crashes but i found no reason and everytime i reloaded the campaign in the last save game and i had no problem. Even though it has been a while since the last time that happened to me. I'll pay attention.
    I tried it yesterday and still got a crash at uesugi-turn. I will try a new campaign this weekend and will report if something changed. Despite that great mod so far

I don't know why I didn't notice this earlier, but there's a major problem. The game will crash if a province doesn't have at least one garrison unit, and I don't see any. That could be causing some of the crashes I and PumpkinKing have been having.

That may be the crash that a lot of people is having. I'll check that tomorrow

2015/01/20 update

Is this guy for real?

Lol no idea kungkings XD .. also the skill tree crash always, i have to see how to avoid that