Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy (2015/08/02)

Running the lastest Steam version. I'm getting a lot of crashes. Tried multiple difference ways, but whenever i move 2 newly recruited units of Drafted yari Ashigaru from one province to the next, the game crashes. Any suggestions?

Are you using any other mod? It should be working okay

Yes i have a few texture/effects mods (including Bullgod's, no red border, darthmod's effect), real armies, and "no upstart general" effect mod...wondering if anyone of these could cause issues

test them in groups and check which one is causing the problem.

No more crashes. It was just that particular turn. All i had to do was to not move those 2 "Drafted yari Ashigaru" out of town "west tosa" and end turn.

Is the version on this site different from the one you uploaded to steam? I know the steam darth mod isn't as good as the one on mod db so I just wanted to check.

I update the one here less frequently. It's recommended to use the one in steam

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Hey Weierstrass a question:

Do you think could be possible to recycle campaign animations from other characters to use them with armies when engage in combat? I mean, as you know CA deleted the animation of generals withdrawing their katanas before the battle and they appear now directly one in front the other with their swords in hand prepared (yeah I asume I'm pretty obsesed with little details, but for me they are important xD)

I thought in the metsuke animation for example for use it with the armies or the siege animation

Hope you understand what I try to explain hehehe

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

And also would be nice if you could reduce walk speed of characters in campaign hehehe

What you said is actually cool, but I have no idea about animations. You should ask Kami or Primergy

I've been trying out your mod, looks really great so far. But I'm really struggling with economy, my towns are losing wealth rapidly. I've now acquired woods, but I don't know what to upgrade, the wealth growth bonusses are really small (0,2-0,5) so barely worth the upgrade compared to the unrest and other negative factors. It may have been a bit too easy to stop wealth loss with roads before, but now it's really hard. Combined with the massive unrest wealth loss/extreme season modifiers... And I can't go lower with my taxes than normal.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; August 10, 2015 at 05:27 AM.

take it easy, try to get 2 o 3 provinces and improve farms, +1 growth per 5 extra food. Use fishing ports as well. Do not try to have positive bonuses in all provices. Just pick a few to improve in economy and use others just for food, resources or dojos. Once you play some turns you will start growing fast (In hard with Uesugi I got like +1 to +5 in 70 turns in my provinces and well 3500 per turn with a little army)

Sorry but I don't really like your unrest system. I have a permanent -10 uncontrol malus, which I can only counter with the cultural happiness thing, but as soon as unrest climbs this goes down. Now my unrest increased like crazy, although I didn't even 1 building that could increase it, it only said "because of recent events", I can't even remember how I got that (I can only imagine that it was because of extreme seasons). But apparently the AI is not affected by it (the AI factions had not 1 province with unrest), like they are not affected by occupation resistance. That's completely unfair, the AI can just waltz with 1 one big army through provinces, take them in one turn) and push forward without any unrest, while I can't move my troops out of the castle without outright rebellion. This already disturbed me in vanilla, but your mod seem to have made it worse.

I'm playing hard with Uesugi, turn 70, all resources or most of them, 3500 income, a good army, 11 provinces, about to invade takeda.. It's a little hard to understand the mechanic, but if you use well the buildings and the tech is totally posible to go out killing clans. Check the guides done by some players in steam.

Hey, interesting mod, Love the new ashigaru system. Having some troubles though, the names for around 3/4ths of my buildings are missing and every faction on the map has -200 for "alliance with an enemy clan". Also I'm on turn 60, control 5 provinces and have 4 vassals but still have barely climbed over 700 gold. Any advice for jumpstarting your economy? Any idea what's going on?
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    I'm playing hard with Uesugi, turn 70, all resources or most of them, 3500 income, a good army, 11 provinces, about to invade takeda.. It's a little hard to understand the mechanic, but if you use well the buildings and the tech is totally posible to go out killing clans. Check the guides done by some players in steam.
    Again, the problem is not killing other clans, but getting hold of province managment. In my home province, I haven't build anything yet to see how this unrest thing develops... And I have to say it's ridiculous and intransparent. I don't have any buildings that would cause unrest, yet my "unrest" climbs 5% per turn! And if I hover over it, it says "recent events +0,0". What am I supposed to get out of that? Do I have to build a buildings that decrease unrest in every province I own, with the already spare building slots? And how will that turn out if I want to construct a building that actually increases unrest, by this rate I have an uprising faster than I could spell rebellion...

(sorry if i sound rude)
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; August 11, 2015 at 02:58 PM.

This looks fantastic, thanks!
    Last edited by Jamoid; August 11, 2015 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    Again, the problem is not killing other clans, but getting hold of province managment. In my home province, I haven't build anything yet to see how this unrest thing develops... And I have to say it's ridiculous and intransparent. I don't have any buildings that would cause unrest, yet my "unrest" climbs 5% per turn! And if I hover over it, it says "recent events +0,0". What am I supposed to get out of that? Do I have to build a buildings that decrease unrest in every province I own, with the already spare building slots? And how will that turn out if I want to construct a building that actually increases unrest, by this rate I have an uprising faster than I could spell rebellion...

(sorry if i sound rude)
    It says in the tool tip what each building does. Besides updating the encyclopaedia or writing a guide I'm not sure what else can be done for transparency really. Check what affect each building has upon crime/inequality etc and build accordingly. I'm not sure why you'd start off with unrest climbing though, in the few campaigns I've started you're given -1% crime/inequality to begin with. Who are you playing as? I can take a look and see if it's the same for me.

Starting unit sizes do seem to be wrong though - 200 instead of 220 for yari ashigaru, 60 instead of 80 for light cavalry. Sorry if that has been mentioned already, couldn't see it after a quick search.
    Last edited by Jamoid; August 12, 2015 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamoid View Post
    It says in the tool tip what each building does. Besides updating the encyclopaedia or writing a guide I'm not sure what else can be done for transparency really. Check what affect each building has upon crime/inequality etc and build accordingly. I'm not sure why you'd start off with unrest climbing though, in the few campaigns I've started you're given -1% crime/inequality to begin with. Who are you playing as? I can take a look and see if it's the same for me.

Starting unit sizes do seem to be wrong though - 200 instead of 220 for yari ashigaru, 60 instead of 80 for light cavalry. Sorry if that has been mentioned already, couldn't see it after a quick search.
    I've started with Hattori and Date on hard. It seems ok now, slowly descreasing again from 16%. Yeah the tooltips on the buildings are clear, but the one on religion/unrest is not. Even though I have a + modifier of "+1 Buddhist owned province", the unrest modifier is only +0,1 or sometimes +0,0, unrest can still outweigh my religion. It looks like all the mount is caused by extreme seasons (as recent events), but they do seem to occur very often and makes unrest climb fast than it decreases once again. Now this can be handled by buildings, but I feel this is restricting my building choice, so from the 4 village upgrades, I feel that I should only choose those that reduce unrest, building the ones that even increase unrest looks like madness at this point.

But what disturbs me the most is that that the AI doesn't seem to be affected by it. I haven't observed it long enough, but I don't see any AI settlements with unrest yet. Maybe they can get it too, but have the usual bonus that reduces it. We all know that the AI couldn't comprehend it, but if it is indeed true that the AI is not really affected by it, it would be an huge immersion breaker for me. I already hate it that they don't have occupation resistance, which allows them to waltz through settlements with their always assault on first turn mentality, where they don't need to leave any garrison behind to secure their newly conquered provinces. If their is another settlement managment mechanic that basicially only affects the player, it would be a no-go for me.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; August 13, 2015 at 03:42 AM.

Hello!

First thing first, your mod is great, I love the general feel of it.

I'm having some issues with stability: my game started CTDing during the AI turn as I was playing the Ikko Ikki, always with the same faction. I did not want to start over to ten turns before, so I decided to try another faction.

Played as the Shimazu, and I got my butt handed to me, because I did not manage food well enough (which is fine, I love the slow progression in the mod) and ran in other issues:
    attacking the faction on the island of Tanegashima failed miserably because I could not land my troops there.

Finally after a successful battle against rebels, my game crashed right before I could save anything again.

Are issues that common? I don't really want to start another enthralling campaign just to have it crash under my sad nose again ....