Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the "Mastery of the Arts" variable appears to give a major debuff in the campaign for nearly all clans. For the player (unless you are Tokugawa, who get a +45 for some reason), you get a pretty hefty -25 diplomacy penalty. AI clans? They get a HUGE -140 penalty with other AI clans, to the point that the entire diplomacy map is bright red. Is this intentional, or is this not supposed to happen?

hello can i download in drive? cuz the page says i don't have access, did anyone have copy? thank u

Hi, since it isn't easy to find documentation of the mod, here a summary of what I found. Maybe it's useful for newcomers.

Guide by the mod creator (2017): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pU...lGCmuPIe9MnbfI

Unit stat overview (2019): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1492943101

A overview of region specials from my current campaign (2022; click on image to enlarge):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MoS_map2.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	286.0 KB 
ID:	366854

Happy conquering!

After a bit of testing, here some impressions and info to archers:

Archers: packfile manager can't open "*_database/db/../projectiles" (Error)
    after some testing:
    yumi ashigaru/samurai/retainers/ronin use the "standard arrow"
    (info on arrow types, see also here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...asted_another/)
    yumi veteran-samurai/hero/sohei use the "improved arrow" (higer chance to kill units with more armor)
    best to worst:
    1) yumi veteran-samurai (roughly 25% better then yumi sam vs katana sam)
    2) yumi sohei and hero (performs quite similar to y-v-sam with smaller unit size)
    3) yumi samurai and ashigaru are equally deadly vs low and high armor units.
    4) yumi retainer and ronin are sligtly worse then 3)

I'm in ealry midgame (turn 40; 30 provinces; very hard):
    a) building system is fuzzy. The different buildings miss unique traits (bit gold, bit unrest modifier, bit of this, bit of that) and too manny things are gated behind some other resources, produced by another building. Because of the missing documentation it is hard to plan a special job for a provine or building line. It is more a "hmm, this region has no purpose... I try something and hope that I dont't have to rebuild it".
    b) rebuilding, not an option: building costs/durations are too high to make rebuilding a valid option / especially upgrading a building a second or third time is too expensive (e.g. take all gold of 4 turns to upgrade a single farm to lvl 3)
    b) unrest: nice mechanic but dealing with it is too expensive (building costs), better just exempt province from taxes now and then (and set taxes to low at start of game -> 1.5 unrest per turn /very low is 0.5 and normal is 3.5)
    c) recruitment costs vs upkeep is quite refreshing.
    d) too many unit types: we have many different units which are quite similar (samurai/retainer/ronin/...)
    e) katana sam are worse then yari/naginata -> they miss their unique point (e.g. good melee attack)
    f) metsuke are a pain to level: (3xp/turn; bribing ist very, very expensive; fast increasing xp caps) and the retainer (bonus overseeing towns) has too much influence on the usefullness (bonus to town overseeing is small via levels).
    g) noticed some wierd XP jumps at lvl 3 to 4 for one agent type (think it was geisha)
    h) general silltree: quite good rework with 2 exeptions:
    : defence line: +15 upkeep bad design: --> move general out of army at end of turn and save 200 gold

Best way to make money (bug?):
    1) sell sea trade agreements for >10k gold
    2) siege last city of opponent with a superior force and let him pay to survive as vassal: >10k gold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOS_gold-vassal.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	366916

*ending of last post: 2. exception that could use a rework: 2 skills in a row with bonus to looting (bonus is tiny and looting is most times the worse choice --> no reason to take these skills)

Libertus

Alantin, thank you for your recent posts, these have been very useful for a new player (to MoSS) especially the guide. It such a good mod but so very difficult!

I am coming to the end of my campaign - here some last tipps for new players and a short campaign wrap up (next post):

Research:
    research takes time - and most buildings are locked behind some techs. your citiy development will therefore mainly depend on your research in the first 50 turns.
    most important are the civil techs to get your hand on building/resource options. also the first 2 religuous techs reduce unrest.
    the first 2 lines of military tech are important.

Food:
    you should always have at least a bit food left since many buildings require it.
    ignore growth via suplus food (you need +20 food for +1 growth - bad balanced)

Buildings:
    Temples: build 6 to get priests. (monk soldiers are only available in special provinces, temples do not matter)
    Yuya: go for Oyuya line to conter unrest (upgrades give unrest reduction also to neighbours); never build brothel (+2 unrest is not worth it)
    Workshop: good for money, unrest reduction, happiness. You should build one early to get resource "tools", later on you want also "washi paper" (very important for building upgrades) and "luxury goods".
    Trader: (didnt use them much) food store (bit food, bit unrest red.) / market (maybe worth after 2-3 upgrades but first version has to many upkeep costs -> +unrest, -food,...)
    Camps: good for increasing unit caps and recruit ashigaru
    School: only build to recruit mestzuke, after that better raise them and build sth else
    farms: always build first farm upgrade -> cheapest food source. hunter ist not worth it. pastures: dont know if you need one for cavalry, never build one.
    fields: take one for resources (depends on province: tea, sake, copper,...) else build the 1. farm upgrade (food)

Unrest:
    depends on taxes (and campaign difficulty)
    changes with seasons (-1 winter / +1 summer)
    counter with stronghold upgrades / Temples / Yuya-Building (best option) / Workshop (best option)
    priests! (very effective -> convert provices)

Agents:
    Priest: Important! get them as early as possible and level them with demoralize army (no gold costs). Focus on "converting provinces", this reduces unrest ! They also give faster research speed.
    Metzuke: Most important is "overseeing towns" to get more taxesy you dant want anything else. I'd recommend savescumming at least for the 1. retainer to get a overseeing bonus.
    leveling them: get a magistrate (province special building; best option) / wait in town / apprehend enemy agents (risky) / bribing is toooo exprensive (1 unit: 1500 gold)
    Ninjas: good for increasing campaign sight range or sabotaging armies (AI doesn't really care about sabotaged buildings or killed generals) (best way to get: mountain hides near kyoto)

Allies and Diplomacy:
    Always get land trade agreements if you can. Breaking them (declare war) gives no global penalty.
    Siege last Town of enemy -> offer vassalage to get much money
    sea trade: sometimes you can get >10k gold for it!
    If you want to get a good ally in the beginning: try to get a marriage in the first turns (after turn 5 everyone will be married)

Realm divide:
    soft realm divide (-10 per turn); after RD you have a bit time until you get more and more war declarations. good allies stay at your side for a long time.
    RD triggers after roughly 40 provinces or taking Kyoto

Recommended to get the "best experience":
    Take your time, reasearch needs time to unlock important buildings and buildings are very expensive. 25-35 provinces is a good point to build up and experiment with the building system
    I'd recommend hard campaign difficulty and very hard battle difficulty.

My campaign: Oda, very hard
    I rushed the campaign - conquered about 1 province every turn, fought most land battles manually. I did not take much time to fiddle around much with the building system because I was missing important research most of the time. my focus in provinces was on keeping unrest <20% (Yuya) and increase ashigaru unit cap (camps); I always recruited every unit available.
    I ended with 70 provinces on turn 65 (left half of map)

Chronicles of my campaign:
    Starting with Tokuwaga allied.
    - Kill rebels, take Honganji Castle (left)
    - Declare war on Sekiro, but Rokkaku joined them
    - kill rookukaku, defend vs Sekiro, then eliminate Sekiro (last town vassal as blockade to Tokeda); this gave me 2 mountain hides -> 2 ninjas for scouting
    - ashikaga shogunate (Kyoto): already allied with 8 clans, most near me... but does not want me as an ally
    - take way up noth (war on Azai) to not get in war with the shogunate
    - kill asakura along coast and leave the last Honganji city there (i wanted to get the one near kyoto first to press them into vassalage up there - blocking the eastern clans)
    - couldnt't kill last Azai because of farm buildings blocking the way --> war on Wasaka to be able to kill the last Azai town (war with Wasaka means war with the shogun... why didn't I just ask for military access)
    - take my way further along the northern coastline: Yamana and Amako become Oda territory and gave me huge piles of gold to survive as vassal. Meanwhile i still try to fend off the shogunate. (the first turns I repeatedly went with a cheap unit into their territory to keep them busy)
    - Tsutzi (south of kyoto) declared war! All units back to defend my provinces (cheap trade ships serve as fast means of transport)
    - now the mori declare war (western neighbour where i just withdraw my forces)...and I lost 2 provinces near kyoto and get 1 rebell army near starting position due to unrest
    - recaptuiring the towns near kyoto, kill the Tsutzi and these damn rebells. And finally that one Honganji province near kyoto got conquered--> Now I made Honganji my vassal in the north! (and he paid me 25k gold )
    - short break to rebuild forces and prepare for one big leash: Akamatsu and their vassal Besso (10 provinces):
    rushing besso and killing 2 Akamatsu stacks while also decimating 1 stack of the shogunate -> 3 turns later: I killed Besso, took Kyoto and made Akamatsy another vassal.
    - now I had 40 provinces, started realm divide and capruted Kyoto . I finally could field 3 complete stacks of ashigaru... now everything became a cakewalk
    - kill Mori, conquered the land south of Kyoto, took the island and wiped the dominant Otomo -> campaign won.

It was fun trying out MOS, thanks @Weierstrass. Happy conquering.

how do I estabilish a trade route from a trade node? I have trade ships on the node, their flags change to the coin icon but yet no trade route is estabilished and I don't get the resources.

nevermind, managed to get the trade route form the node (you need to have a harbour port not just any port, so if you got a fishing village you need to destroy it to build a harbour instead). how do you get stone tho?

Greetings!

First if all, thank you for such a great mod! I enjoyed greatly playing it. Such a nice update to Shogun 2.
    "
    I have one question now, solely on my preference I much prefer having less armies, like Rome 2 DEI, mining limiting them so I can remember who they are and such. Would there be possible to limit even further additional units from buildings chains ? Like a submod "MoSS Optional Double Unit Cap", would it be possible to do halving of unit actual caps? How hard would be to do such a submod?

Thanks again for such a great mod, I think because if it, Shogun is might be my favourite game from Total war franchise.

Edit: Nevermind about submod! I saw with pack manager, that those values were easily modified, thanks to the Double Unit Cap submod already. Its just It was silly to see so much armies for me, however in the late game, it was okaish, I just need find a personal fine tuned balance.
    Last edited by washimara; June 17, 2022 at 07:44 AM.

Building (and recruitment) cost depends on researched technologies and other existing buildings (including the special ones). Mod creator is the only one who knows every starting cost. I don't know that and you probably won't need all that information either. By the time you can build some advanced buildings, their starting cost would change dramatically. Buildings can also change recruitment cost (it can even be 0), upkeep cost (it can even be negative), a number of available units for recruitment, accuracy (it can be more that 300), administration cost / corruption (it can even be negative), total tax percentage (it can be much more than 100%), unrest, happiness, recruitment times, replenishment, province value, town growth.

You can't destroy castle buildings, holy sites and roads.
    You need 20 food for +1 global food supply.
    You are rewarded with Blessing of Amaterasu if your daimyo wins 3 summer battles (+1 morale to all, +1 happiness to all).
    Castles (like Odawara, Osaka) have automatic bombarders from several of their walls. They never run out of ammunition.
    Fletchers guild and Powder makers guild have clan wide effects which are cumulative!
    Great general (night fighter!) with great army composition and greatly developed units can win battles without losses. I regularly destroy 10+ stacks with only 2 stacks.

I have screenshots of all the buildings. You can see their effects and their icons. I'll upload them in one package instead od 162 individual pictures. https://www26.zippyshare.com/v/hh35Hptd/file.html
    Use this information and everything in this post https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16093268 and you probably won't need anything else.

Some examples of aforementioned things:
    0 losses, 0 survivors
    https://i.imgur.com/V0OeOfb.jpg

highly developed fire rockets ashigaru 1166 kills
    https://i.imgur.com/NaF9b6A.jpg

total tax percentage 246% :] administration cost -61% :]
    https://i.imgur.com/mWVQnEr.jpg

upkeep -24, accuracy 281
    https://i.imgur.com/8V0GVoe.jpg

mangonels 586 kills (who says they are useless?)
    https://i.imgur.com/y6jlxz4.jpg

katana ki cost 0
    https://i.imgur.com/5BqgjzD.jpg

upkeep cost -46
    https://i.imgur.com/8MYxLmI.jpg

Have fun!

Guys thanks for the guides and helps you are giving. I always enjoy reading people being happy about the mod even if years have been left behind.
    I left modding as it took too much time.

From my experience in Moss i would say pick up provinces by theme. Make 1 or two economic powerhouses. That means Urban city, very fertil or fertil soil with sake, inari temple, luxury goods, geisha line, trade Port + metsuke. Trade Is key. Pick 3-4 provinces for army Easy access to your lands. 1 for Ranged Sam, one for melee Sam, another ashigaru.
    Any other province is farm village with farms.

Civil tech are good to start with. Consider early calligraphy for faster research. Get ashigaru early on.

hellp, how can i download the mod? it says i have no access to it when i use the gdrive

All of Japan conquered. The hardest nuts was Est of Honshu because so many powerful clans were lying there and were able to attack me from 3 different paths.

Earlier in this game(when trying to break Eastern Honshu clans)

It was medium/medium difficulty with most fantasy new units removed. Had a couple of crashes, but overal one of my best Shogun campaign, the battle dynamic and AI are wonderful, after removing fantasy units, it got really Sekigahara-ish

I made a Map of all the resources

Encyclopaedia also in progress... though I don't think I can finish it in one or two years as I'm basically new to html and this is just a hobby. It's like I'm a child who discovered MS Paint for the first time back when I was a kid, that sort of feeling. That aside, you won't be making any overhauls anymore, right? haha.

Mod looks amazing but cant download it. Dont have access to download it. So sad.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

The steam version seems operable. The mod creator may be reachable there, you could try your luck at messaging them through visitor message on their profile here too though they haven't logged in for a good while.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Hi guys once again. Just want to ask one more thing. Does this mod enables you to switch into the Ikko Religion if playing as other clans? Has anyone tried that before? Upon reviewing the game files I discovered that every monk unit in the mod has its Ikko version with lower upkeep, and is only religion-locked to Ikko Religion and not set as exclusive to the Honganji Clan itself. Meaning if players can switch to ikko religion it is possible to recruit these cheaper upkeep units. I need an answer to continue working with the in-game encyclopedia for this mod that I'm making.

Also, how is the performance after the new patch? Is the game still playable after a lot of turns? Or is it unplayable now?