Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy (2015/07/18)

Hey, i want to download this mod but steam workshop says that i need the sengoku unit jidai pack and the ikko ikki clan pack, is this true? or is it simply steam's bug

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra98 View Post
    Hey, i want to download this mod but steam workshop says that i need the sengoku unit jidai pack and the ikko ikki clan pack, is this true? or is it simply steam's bug
    It's not a bug, a lot of units wont be avaible. You could try to use the movie versions from here, but some content is going to be missed.

Well well, the mod is updated to version 3! Avaible in movie format and mod format.

helots's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Master Of Strategy (2015/08/02)

Does this mod have trouble in coop campaigns?

I did not test this version but the previous worked okay. Just activate the mod in the same order and if you use any other mod that is compatible, your friend need to use the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra98 View Post
    Total War Games are on Gamersgate's sale:

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=tws15

Sengoku Jidai Unit Pack is for 1,25 € and the Ikko Ikki Clan Pack is for 2 €. You can also buy original Shogun Total War Collection for 2 €.

Privates's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Ok I got the Pastures and encampments part and I'll change it.

About the resources and that stuff, actually is a great idea. The way to do it is to set a variety of farms in the startposs and then you can change them. The problem is how to set a logical amount. Let's say you place 1 standar (only food and pastures), 1 improved (extra food, pastures, silk, cotton, sake), 1 mines (food, pastures, mines), 1 wood (food, pastures, wood), would that be enought? Also think about map distribution, since it would be a little to hard to get resources if it's not well done. Some collaboration with the ideas would be nice.
    Thank you for your reply, and for the updates! I will be playing tonight.

I can't help much in the technical, modding sense with this but hopefully some quick research I just did will help in terms of resource placement.

Sake: "Sake production was a government monopoly for a long time, but in the 10th century, temples and shrines began to brew sake, and they became the main centers of production for the next 500 years. The Tamon-in Diary, written by abbots of Tamon-in (temple) from 1478 to 1618, records many details of brewing in the temple. The diary shows that pasteurization and the process of adding ingredients to the main fermentation mash in three stages were established practices by that time.[citation needed] In the 16th century, the technique of distillation was introduced into the Kyushu district from Ryukyu. The brewing of shochu, called "Imo—sake" started, and was sold at the central market in Kyoto." Found here.

So it appears sake production was popular in temples, much like monastic brewing in medieval Europe around the same time! It also appears that sake was introduced from China via the Ryukyu islands then into Kyushu.

Other sources note that while sake was for a long time monopolized by the government, breweries were located all over Japan, with the finest being where there was easy access to the finest ingredients, such as high quality water and rice.

"In 1637, Gekkeikan's founder, Jiemon Okura established his sake brewery in the town of Fushimi, a location well-known for its high quality of water. Access to the ideal ingredients combined with a convenient location enabled Okura and his successors' business to thrive in the years that followed." Found here.

Cotton: The following article has some great info on cotton production around the period. It appears that production was done mainly in Kyushu and the Aki region in the 16th century but as the industry developed, production either declined or improved in these and other areas of the country like the Kanto and elsewhere. Have a look: link

Silk: "During the Tokugawa period, the Fukushima Prefecture's Shindatsu district was the most important silk producing region in Japan during the period in question. This was not the only silk producing region at the time. Both Nagano and Gumma prefectures also produced silk, but on a smaller scale." From this article here.

Also, "Much of Japan’s silk industry is located on the side of Japan Sea. As the humidity is relatively high, the conditions are more suitable for weaving silk textiles than on the Pacific Ocean side of Japan. There are also not many other local industries and historically had been a long tradition of silk textile production in these areas of Japan." Found here.

Mining: I can't find much info on gold mining in this period. The only two sites in Japan that seemed to produce gold were the Toi gold mines in Izu and the ones on Sado Island in the northwest. Toi also produced some silver.

The same goes for iron: "Iron is scarce outside of Hokkaidō and northwest Honshū" from wikipedia.

There was a famous stone deposit known as Oya stone in Utsonomiya province, famous for carving and building I guess lol, other than that I got nothing in a quick search.

Wood: I just did a brief search, apparently Hinoki wood was best for building.

"
    It is grown for its very high quality timber in Japan, where it is used as a material for building palaces, temples, shrines, traditional noh theatres, baths, table tennis blades and masu. The wood is lemon-scented, light pinkish-brown, with a rich, straight grain, and is highly rot-resistant.
    For example, Horyuji Temple and Osaka Castle are built from Hinoki wood. The hinoki grown in Kiso, used for building Ise Shrine, are called 御神木 Go-Shin-boku "divine tree""
    from here.

That's all for now. Hope it helps...
    "To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting. Sun Tzu

Thanks!
    Soo wood was everywhere, sake in temples, silk in coast, cotton in the south, iron in the north and stone I would need por info .. the problem of this is the distribution. Iron and cotton would (and maybe stone) would be a problem. I should check how to do this. Maybe would trouble the AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Privates View Post

Mining: I can't find much info on gold mining in this period. The only two sites in Japan that seemed to produce gold were the Toi gold mines in Izu and the ones on Sado Island in the northwest. Toi also produced some silver.

There was a gold mine (Kinkei mine 金鶏鉱山 ) in Nagano Prefecture, Kai, it is one of Takeda clan's main income source.

Herr Doctor's Avatar Biarchus

Except Aki, the cotton production traditionally concentrated also in Kansai (around Kyoto and later Osaka).

16th century's Japanese gold mines are basically Sado, Shimano, two major deposits in Kai and some in the Japanese "west" (North), i.e. Kurokawayama, Abe, Toi and Takatama to be more precisely.

Silver (could be represented with "gold" in game) deposits were scarce but one major could be found in Iwami.

Iron is dominantly in Dewa, Mutsu and Bizen. Copper (could be represented with "iron" in game as well) could be find in Dewa and Mutsu, Ashio (Shimotsuke), Hitachi and northern part of Shikoku.

Wood
    is indeed everywhere, there are less fertile soils than it. But the main areas could be considered eastern parts of Chugoku and northern of Shikoku.

Silk has been mentioned already, mostly in central parts of Honshu. But it should be very rare and expensive as the industry was in great decline during Sengoku and even during Edo period a lot of silk was still imported from China.

Tea was in many places by the 16th century: from Kyushu (especially northern parts were tea plants were first introduced in Japan), Suo, Iwami, Izumo, Harima, Kyoto, Yamato, Iga, Ise, Suruga and Musashi up to Okukuji valley (Hitachi) in the north.

You can also consider adding tobacco, as after it was introduced by the European traders it became widespread in Japan during the second half of the 16th century and was even integrated in the tea ceremony. It became extremely popular and was banned later in the 17th cnetury.

The other possible important resources of the era - salt, cooking oil, charcoal.
    Last edited by Herr Doctor; August 05, 2015 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks for the info guys, and yeah I king of like the idea, but I'm worry about the AI. We should pick up the expanded map and start placing areas where we think is historicaly right for the resource to be and also where should be to has a balanced game.

About the extra resources, note that there is a limit in the amount of resources you could have since I'm only able to reskin boshin and genpei resources and add them.

Also, I'm thinking in change the sake production, sake den buildings related and temples. Temples are not significative and sake to hard to achieve.. Maybe sake production in Inari temples and bows in Hachiman ones. I'll have to think well about it. If you have ideas please tell me.

Just switched over to Master Of Strategy mod after years of running Darthmod and Radious mods. I'm only 20 turns in but the changes and additions from the mod made the game feels like a brand new shogun game in a good way. Throughout enjoying this experience. Please keep up the awesome work. Thanks.

Hello, I've been trying out the mod, and I'm having a great time with my campaign, really like what you're doing. Also want to report a crash on the campaign map, Playing as Takeda at turn 39 when I hit end turn and processes the other factions turns, right when it's my turn (or when it's on Wako Pirates Symbol at the end) it crashes. I went back and used a backup save from 5 turns ago, and it did the same thing except it crashed on the 38 turn.

Here's the save game on the turn before it crashes if you're interested in checking it out,
    Takeda March 1548 CRASH.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Glado View Post
    Hello, I've been trying out the mod, and I'm having a great time with my campaign, really like what you're doing. Also want to report a crash on the campaign map, Playing as Takeda at turn 39 when I hit end turn and processes the other factions turns, right when it's my turn (or when it's on Wako Pirates Symbol at the end) it crashes. I went back and used a backup save from 5 turns ago, and it did the same thing except it crashed on the 38 turn.

Here's the save game on the turn before it crashes if you're interested in checking it out,
    Takeda March 1548 CRASH.zip
    Thanks for the report, I'll try to check out the situation since ctd was solved long time ago (and it would be a disaster if it start again)

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is this mod compatible with historical battle maps? I don't understand how part 6 adds the new castles - does that mean new castles on the vanilla map?
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; August 06, 2015 at 11:48 AM.

use the parts here or use the ones in steam. The part six replace castles with historical ones and it works only for the right place (Osaka castle only in Osaka). Are you asking how did i mod that or what?

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    use the parts here or use the ones in steam. The part six replace castles with historical ones and it works only for the right place (Osaka castle only in Osaka). Are you asking how did i mod that or what?
    Asking how you managed to mod it in.

There is a file that allows you to set an specific castle to an specific region. So i replaced lvl 3 and 6 of the castles the game had and placed them in specific locations only. That is why the game jump from 2 slots to 4 in normal castles and from 3 to 5 in historicals(5 is the maximun, so lvl 5 and 6 have 5 slots)

Is this mod compatible with VUS mod?