Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2018/12/12)

Quote Originally Posted by andresimoes View Post
    Hi Weierstrass. It was been a pleasure playing your mod and i think it is important to give you feedback.

I build one nanban caravel and took it to battle. Well the problem is that the nanban caravel is not a caravel. In fact is just another carrack but not a portuguese carrack which is also strange but i will come to that later. The funny thing is that i am portuguese and i live in Brazil and the brazilians also call the portuguese carracks , caravels but this is a mistake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caravel
    Where you can see the 3 different types of caravel build by the portuguese.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrack
    And here you can compare with the carracks to see the diferences.

Now i am saying is not a portuguese because it haves 3 square sails in the 2 main masts. Portugal build the carracks with 2 square sails instead of 3.

Anyway apart from the mistake in the name i want to mention that "nanban caravel" with 10 guns have an 671 upkeep when the nanban carrack with 24 guns only haves 447 upkeep. So maybe you could invert the values or tweak them?

I would also like to mention that the archers ashigaru should have a little nerf in the attack values. The way they are now unless they are going to fight cavalry there is no reason recruit yari or naginata ashigaru. So a little nerf to the attack value in the archers ashigaru or a little buff to the attack values in the yari and naginata ashigaru to keep things interesting.
    Hello, thanks for telling me about. I have no idea about ships, i just picked them from the The Yogi mod. I know i need to re tier the recruitment of ships as i have no idea. I'll come back to this comment when i do so.
    About ashigaru. The overall idea is that no unit rock papper sissors hard. I still thing yari ashigaru is better. Even more if you check unit size and bonuses to spears that you get later on. But i'll pay attention to it

Quote Originally Posted by Pouya1356 View Post
    Oh just remove end turn fix and its work
    But now i hame 2 questoin
    1 what different between database mod and hotfix version?
    2 why so unhappines in castle even in normal?
    1) Hotfix just include some changes to fix an small issue in that version. Use that one. Yet i need to upload the latest here. If you have steam use always the one from steam that is uploaded first.
    2) Reduce taxes. Normal taxes are for later in the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Archinaught View Post
    The latest version has been solid and I enjoy it thoroughly. These are just some things I have noticed that could be a future update, I only mean to provide constructive criticism and some you probably considered already.

Resources/ trade tab does not display all of resource types. I don't know how to check the value of things like wood, stone, copper and paper. I think you mentioned this being a problem before? Probably a game limitation.

Research seems to move just a little too fast. I can have all tech completed around 30 years before the time limit. Would it be possible to extend the time? Or perhaps make key research take longer, like samurai society or commerce guild, but give them a little more of a bonus to compensate? I feel like tech should define the clan more, so you don't get the guarantee to move all the way down both sides.

I like the scorched land effect, it makes late game more challenging. Is this triggered by year/turn or by conquering? Appears to be year/turn, but it could be interesting if it was tied into a realm divide like affect; more warfare leads to a higher penalty. Defensive players could build up and then expand to avoid some of the penalty.

If you get an early push to claim a large area of land, you are nearly guaranteed to win late game. You can start to bypass some of the negative affects of scorched land because you have more time to build up provinces before the economic hit. Maybe this works as intended.

Administration Costs are kind of confusing; The don't apply evenly for every province. There's no clear display for what the reduction is (from school chain).
    1) Ui so far is hardcoded so no change to icons
    2) I kind of agree. Maybe late tech slowler as early techs are too important and i dont want to make the mod too tedious
    3) I like the idea to improve the sorched earth. I would need to think how to convine both effects. Not exactly easy
    4) Admin cost are confusing as they are calculated in relation to the amount of provinces and tax. If you have more provinces more % of admin is aplied but that % is over the province tax. So you see less adming in a province that tax less. So let say you have lot of maintenance then the admin there is quite lot compared with a full eco bosted province. But that is how the game works.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    The old version of the game from 2015 started up and worked fine for me.
    A new latest version (and With Optionals or MoSS Easy) does not work at all.
    I installed everything correctly, the game starts but vanilla, with no signs of modification. Please tell me what is my mistake ..

****************************************************************************************************
    The question is removed. I solved the problem by fixing all files as movie !
    Oh perfect. That is an issue with nearly all mods. Sometimes they just dont work. But yes movie sometimes do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenslaser View Post
    hi, im playing very much and only this mod. I already played many campaigns in the few last versions, played only one hard and the rest very hard and legendary, the mod works very good every campaign becomes unique in many different aspects. the known problems are: that iwaki clan army that remains unclickable and inactive at the port of Jinodaira Castle.(didnt try to force them reinforce a friendly to them army because i accidentaly killed their allies before that)(i didn't find out how or when it get's spawned there as it wasn't there in all of my campaigns that took place there or around there). Odaka's castle farm script building on the campaign map is blocking the movement of armies on the beach(I don't know when this problem popped up but it was there in the last versions aswell) On the roads between Uozu-Nechi-Kasugayama castles there is a small part of the road on the map that is broken. As it will make armies that were ordered to actually march to that spot, unable to move. And unfortunately I've come across one more place that would do that if you somehow put an army or an army of one unit there but i dont remember where is it. oTHER than that so far everything is so nice that i believe some of the comments are meant to misdirect the setting of this mod and cause malfunction. That might not be the truth of course but in my reality i had to warn you and congratulate you for this rocking hard mod
    Okay this need some map fixing. I will try to include this in the next patch i make. I always welcome this type of reports as no much people do them and it's hard to find this bugs.
    So thanks you

I'm not seeing all of the borders for some reason. I can see a settlement owned by another clan, but it looks to be within the borders of the same settlement of my clan with no discernible line.

Frosted lines have to be done by hand. Such thing takes lot of time so i have not done it. To know were your province end just hoover your cursor and you will see the change in province

One of the best mods for a Total War game! Great Work!
    I have almost all total wars after shogun, but your mod makes happily return to the classics!

Also i really like the scorched earth mechanic. It really fixes two problems, late game balance between big and small factions, and late game ovecrowding of armies.

Played with scaled difficulty on Very Hard. After 50 turns realized that all faction similar to my faction size got much more money and can support much bigger army.
    I got the same income as factions 2-3 times smaller, than mine. And all of them fight against someone.

Gensako, nice to hear so, thank you very much.
    Ikseus what you say is true. Scorched is totally anti player. But that is a lot depending on what you want. Like you can play in easy and with scorched. So then you start quite calm and then late game becomes a trouble. Or you can go full survival playing hard and having to deal with a totally insane AI plus being poor.
    The submod give wide more range of options to the player

Im getting gun sounds when archers fire arrows.

Everything else is going well though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just noticed the legendary ranged dojo actually has less defending retainers than the masters, you lose the teppo on upgrade. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/dojo%20image.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    Im getting gun sounds when archers fire arrows.

Everything else is going well though.

Are u using any other mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Archinaught View Post
    Just noticed the legendary ranged dojo actually has less defending retainers than the masters, you lose the teppo on upgrade. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Jake/Desktop/dojo%20image.png[/IMG]
    Not uploaded

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Are u using any other mod?
    No, just your mod list.

Terrific mod, this is close to what I originaly desired. Complaint... The garrisons are wafer thin. It is ALMOST game breaking. Samurai retainers with only 40 men? The lowest tier yari levy with only 120 men? These garrison units are plentiful but way to fragile and bordering on useless. Make me keep way to many extra troops behind so I don't have to rely on the tiny garrison forces. The amount of units you get is just right, but the woefully reduced numbers in each unit makes them to fragile to fight. I think you should put them at normal strength, otherwise it is a big burden on playing strategy.
    Last edited by CatoTheYounger; March 04, 2019 at 12:59 AM.

Hello! I've found small bug: Yonezawa Castle province (capital of Date clan) has invisible roads.

Hi, first of all great mod, currently play multiplayer head to head.

Garrisons on large have low troops numbers about 68, which make it hard to defend against rebllious armies, if same numbers as fully recuited unit would be nice.
    we play with castle maps you made, which make a small issue with fire Projecting Mangols, castle is out of reach in some maps, it is possible to make them move or turn, so they can be used.
    i really like the building system and tech tree and recruit limits

Why do we need some resources? For example, timber, copper.

Default Re: Total Strategy Mod ''EARLY CAMPAIGN BETA'' 26/10/14

How in the world do I install this? There's no guide, no directions...