Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2018/03/10)

Hmm some people requested that as well but it would break the game balance and it would be really hard to fix. Also the game will be less random as lot of starting conditions are settled

I haven't seen anything on this but maybe i missed it. It's possible that you already corrected it as I'm using an old file and I'm committed to beating it on long campaign! I'm not really familiar with editing/modding files so I don't really know how to fix the issue.
    Blacksmith; the fletcher's guild does not appear to be applying bonuses properly. My province with a hunters town and legendary polearm dojo has samurai archers with the same accuracy as the province with the legendary ranged dojo with a fletcher's guild.
    The powder maker's guild seems to be providing no stat bonuses.
    Armor and weapon seem to be fine. Hard to confirm the weapon one, as all the bonuses from various effects change the outcome, maybe 0.5 off. But its probably fine.

Checked archers but i dont remember doing so with teppo. Gonna check it out.
    About 0,5. If the value Is integer type then 0,5 to 1 goes to 1. 0 to 0,4999 goes to 0. Thing Is that it stacks so 0,5*3=1,5 => 2.
    Happiness, food, units stats, unit caps, are examples of integer.

Awesome! Thanks for putting in the time for this great mod

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2018/12/01)

MoSS updated to V44
    Google Drive link is not movie format so requires a loader (you can change it to movie using pfm)

Great! Thank you man.
    Do you think to add SOTS maps in the future?
    What are your next plans for MOS? (only a curiosity)

nice update, i'm eager to try it, free time needed

I like the mod, battles are quite interesting(cohesion, longer duration), however it seems the overcomplicated unit requirements system prevents clans from fighting with their historical composition on the beginning. The most puzzling for me is the Kanto area, most factions around here were centered on cavalry(understand 10% minimum in large armies which is above the average proportion in Japan). I mean as Hojo, Takeda and Kanto minors its pretty hard to field an army with a good proportion of cavalry.

May I suggest to give Kai(Takeda), Kawagoe(Hojo) and few others the pasture building and the other necessary buildings to recruit some cavalry units(lancers and mounted archers)?

(Early game battle as Hojo vs Takeda, third Kai army encountered with no cavalry unit at all beside taisho)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I will consider this request. You dont need pastures for cav but makes it cheaper and better. What is required is the tech. Maybe limiting idk katana and yari kii to the same tech as the foot samurais could be a good idea.

Many thanks for the mod!!! I just started playing Shogun 2 and got a dumb question: how to install it?

hanz00's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2018/12/12)

hey man been playing as the takeda with your mod for a while and honestly it's been a blast so far!
    I encountered an issue or a bug now though that my takeda fire ki units are turning into naginata ki(?) and I can't find the takeda fire ki unit in recruitment tab anywhere.
    Is this intentional on the new update? Thanks man
    Last edited by hanz00; December 13, 2018 at 12:40 AM. Reason: typo

Not sure if theres a glitch with my file or the mod, Shimazu clan on very hard has provinces worth 49000 - 29000. My own (chosokabe), which are second richest are 2000 or less. No other clan has cleared 1500.
    I am using "New Japanese Speech Fix Mod v1" so that could be the cause, as it is a really old mod

oh sorry!!! i forgot to upload the hotfix here!!!

hotfix uploaded

hanz00's Avatar Foederatus

-deleted
    Last edited by hanz00; December 20, 2018 at 08:26 AM.

Hey Weierstrass, I wanted to give a thanks for the mod! It's a huge amount of work for sure, it's awesome you've made this!

I've got a question/issue though xD
    I can't seem to get any economic growth going besides the town buildings. As in, no surplus food or mastery of the arts seems to be being applied. Which is a shame, it makes growing a bit tough. I have 5+ food surplus and artisan guilds, but it shows the town growth going down and I've checked the numbers per turn and it definitely does.
    Is it something I've done wrong? I made sure to activate everything in alphabetical order, and I tried a new save with the most recent hotfix you just put up, but no change.

And also, starting as the Satake is a bit tough. Namely because the Iwaki have a ghost army in their port that never moves and can't be interacted with in any way. If they ever lose they become rebels and provide that discontent penalty to the town that can't be stopped.
    I took a dive into how to edit the save files and figured out how to move the army somewhere else on the map but the discontent penalty still gets applied, so I guess there's some other way that's tracked.

The town not growing, even with arts/food surplus

Iwaki Ghost Army

Anyhoo, I understand if you don't respond, I appreciate the mod regardless. It piqued my interest right away and I've been enjoying it a lot!

Oh a ghost army. Thanks gotta fix that. They do not move because they are casted into a building. It will need a new campaign start but it's not game breaking in my experience.

About growth. It's as intended. At mid or late game that change and you start getting a little growth. Take it easy as eco take a while to get moving.

Okay, I'll keep cool and let growth happen over time. Thanks for the reply

Hi , i've played it a little and i found some "bugs" , 1. I can recruit Ona bushi before researching the tech ; 2. Town guard flag is spinning around on campaign map ; 3. Samurai house gives penalties to recruiting samurai .... strange ; 4. Kunoichi agent it cannot be recruited (it said i already have max 3 ... me = none); 5. Ashikaga is steamrolling everything with its start bonuses , near half of Honshu is taken , as Rokkaku i'm lucky (alliance from the start) ;
    I have a request : it is possible to draw borders for the smaller provinces like in Expanded Japan mod ?! ... i'll be back for more ... GG

1) Gonna check it out
    2) Yeah i know this one, I should asign a different campaign 3d model for them
    3) It's for the first level. It push you to build the next level right away.
    4) You need to expand the maximun cap. You can recruit 0 until you research a tech that allow the cap be up to 1. You then build a building that give the +1 cap. You already have buildings but the max cap is still 0. This is because kunoichi was to op. Should check if it's logic to keep such limit.
    5) Hmm yes they have a good starting point but in my experience they never went to far away. If i get many reports of this i'll have to reduce their agressivness.