Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2018/12/12)

I made an account to ask some questions. Really enjoying this mod, the bai seems really fun so I actually have to roughly match enemy strength now. I also like how strong archers feel (at least in early game) while not being so exploitable due to the bai being good.

Anyways, my questions are thus; 1. You mention that taxes contribute to unrest if I'm not mistaken. Where is this shown? How much does each tax level contribute?
    2. You mention (if I'm not mistaken) religion is supposed to counteract unrest. Is this working as intended? Are zeal and unrest not 1:1 in strength? How much unrest can 1 zeal counteract? The last one I would really like to know.
    3. Is there any sort of building tree to help plan out research so you can, for example, find out what has the best unrest reduction or the best economic output etc?
    4. How do clan bonuses work? For example as the Chosokabe do I get bonuses to all yumi units even when they don't have "Chosokabe" in the name?
    Thanks for your help, and thanks for making such an interesting mod!

Updated to the latest version (V48). The link is in the first post. It is autoload so you just drop the files and play.

Changes v48
    -Added 3 new units. Portuguese Blunderbuss, Portuguese Lance Cavalry and Blunderbuss Wako
    -Wako have more moralle now
    -Wako are really cheap but cost lot to mantain
    -Wako have higher melee stats
    -Wako katana carries 2 grenades
    -Changes to Portuguese recruitment. Otomo no longer require naban for all submod

Changes V47
    -Info card for units added (this is only visible when you recruit just one unit).
    -Fixed some paths that could no be crossed
    -Ashikaga no longer display massive province values
    -Revamped ship recruitment
    -Nanbu agent icon fixed (showed Oda)
    -Unstuck starting army for an Ai clan

Changes V46
    -Small changes around balance and fixes
    -Added historical castles Azuchi, Iwamura, Kumamoto, Odarawa
    -SoTS castles available (Thanks to Sorinel1991)
    Last edited by Weierstrass; April 26, 2019 at 06:13 PM.

Hey Weierstrass! Excellent mod you have created there! Its been 2 years I didnt play shogun 2 and it was only Vanilla, so now I came back to try your mod. I love the depth of your mode and the more varieties of buildings etc.

However do you have some sort of manual or guidelines? I dont know all the relations and dependences between the buildings, it seem you can build some buildings in some specific places (for example I couldnt build camps everywhere). Also is there anywhere a screen where I can see what is actually my unit limit? I play on hard and get wiped pretty fast because I dont know how to recruite and the enemy comes with 2 full stacks

One of the greatest mods I have ever played. Just have 1 question. Last version of this mod I played was v44. Yesterday wanted to implement the new one (v48) but it was not possible. When I'm using original clans pack and want to start the game (clicking on the application) the game crashes after ~5-10 secs (there is no error, the game just quits). When I'm using new clans pack the game starts but it doesn't recognize the mod... Could You please help me to solve that issue?

The mod could do with much heavier limit on unit recruitment. At the moment you got straight Ashigaru units for early game and straight Samurai for late game, and special units which makes this mod attractive do not play a significant role. It might be better to allow early recruitment of those special Ronin/Ninja/elite calvary/elite Samurai/Sohei/Pirates etc. from the very beginning, but also place limit, like 2 or 3 units. This way the player would have to exploit the superior but rare special units to a maximal level from the start of the game.

Also we could heavily limit the number of units per fortress or per unit income one faction is allowed to recruit. For now a single city could support a 20 units Sumurai legion and human player in late game could have 100 units and auto-win every battle.

How different is the MOSF version vs MOSS since MOSF hasn't been updated since 2017 and does it even work? I understand it takes effort to support both, has anyone tried both MOSF and MOSS that can comment or maybe Weierstrass can share his knowledge? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    The mod could do with much heavier limit on unit recruitment. At the moment you got straight Ashigaru units for early game and straight Samurai for late game, and special units which makes this mod attractive do not play a significant role. It might be better to allow early recruitment of those special Ronin/Ninja/elite calvary/elite Samurai/Sohei/Pirates etc. from the very beginning, but also place limit, like 2 or 3 units. This way the player would have to exploit the superior but rare special units to a maximal level from the start of the game.

Also we could heavily limit the number of units per fortress or per unit income one faction is allowed to recruit. For now a single city could support a 20 units Sumurai legion and human player in late game could have 100 units and auto-win every battle.
    This is quite a good idea i would say. Yet i would need to know how to implement it. Maybe one sam of each at the very begining and when you unlock sam one veteral of each. It would take some effort, maybe a duplicate unit so that one can be recruited anywere but as soon as you tech up it becomes impossible. Let me thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShevyChase View Post
    Hey Weierstrass! Excellent mod you have created there! Its been 2 years I didnt play shogun 2 and it was only Vanilla, so now I came back to try your mod. I love the depth of your mode and the more varieties of buildings etc.

However do you have some sort of manual or guidelines? I dont know all the relations and dependences between the buildings, it seem you can build some buildings in some specific places (for example I couldnt build camps everywhere). Also is there anywhere a screen where I can see what is actually my unit limit? I play on hard and get wiped pretty fast because I dont know how to recruite and the enemy comes with 2 full stacks
    Well it takes lot of time to do a proper guide, i know lot of people request it but .. but .. lazyness hits

Quote Originally Posted by daimyo21 View Post
    How different is the MOSF version vs MOSS since MOSF hasn't been updated since 2017 and does it even work? I understand it takes effort to support both, has anyone tried both MOSF and MOSS that can comment or maybe Weierstrass can share his knowledge? Thanks!
    Well MoSS is wide more developed and polished. To start with i has been rebuilt from scratch to make it wide more stable and so one. Also my know how was quite bigger when i did so.
    To reach the same level to MOSF i should do a re structuration of the mod, brainstorming the changes, doing some research about game engine limits, remake the whole mod and polish it with some versions. As you see that is a lot of time.
    Does that mean that MOSF is bad? Well no, it's okay, but it's not MOSS. Imagine i did not the whole previous process.

Acamality's Avatar Laetus

I got this mod a while ago and I have to say I love it. The expanded Japan map and the massive number of settlements is great, and I love the new clans and placements. The new building system is a lot of fun and so are the new troop trees, even if they are confusing at first.

Do the ai have increased income or something though? By turn 10-15ish single-town ai factions seem to be able to somehow support a full stack and a half of troops to just sit around in their single town. It really stalls the early game because of that threat because of the constant fear of a massive attack force. They seem to just do nothing, making them impossible to conquer but always a threat because they might attack me, but they never seem to attack my allies that also border them but are actually in the middle of wars.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMAL View Post
    The old version of the game from 2015 started up and worked fine for me.
    A new latest version (and With Optionals or MoSS Easy) does not work at all.
    I installed everything correctly, the game starts but vanilla, with no signs of modification. Please tell me what is my mistake ..

****************************************************************************************************
    The question is removed. I solved the problem by fixing all files as movie !
    can you tell me the detail how to fix this? I coppy the main file to data folder as the guide and when I come into the game, nothing changes.

Quote Originally Posted by pesgta View Post
    can you tell me the detail how to fix this? I coppy the main file to data folder as the guide and when I come into the game, nothing changes.
    Yeah Please tell us. I can't get it working either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaasny View Post
    One of the greatest mods I have ever played. Just have 1 question. Last version of this mod I played was v44. Yesterday wanted to implement the new one (v48) but it was not possible. When I'm using original clans pack and want to start the game (clicking on the application) the game crashes after ~5-10 secs (there is no error, the game just quits). When I'm using new clans pack the game starts but it doesn't recognize the mod... Could You please help me to solve that issue?
    This is happening to me too. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

For those of you that face hard time getting this mod work:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...7420756248361/

Hello,

I have a couple of questions.

I played as Otomo and Ikko Ikki (honganji) so far in my campaign and noticed something odd.

"Samurai House" building produces samurai. Yet it says if I build it it will increase the recruitment time by two turns and will make the samurai pricier to recruit?? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Make samurai cheaper and reduce recruitment time?

While Otomo gets various Town guard units for their buildings, Honganji doesn't seem to get the same guard units for the same buildings built? Is it done on purpose? Because Honganji is already the hardest clan to play as because of their different religion, their spread out provinces and small territories and poor starting relations with other clans. Perhaps they shouldn't be left out? - OKAY, disregard that. Honganji do get garrison units from various buildings, but their icons do not appear when building those facilities. I noticed that the bar of defence for the castle goes up, though and they do appear during defence battles, so a minor visual bug, I guess?

I noticed that "clan is not respected", "mastery of arts" etc. give atrocious negative factors at the very start. Could they possibly be removed? Because they make no sense. Mastery of arts should give a positive factor if anything, shouldn't it? - Edit: Mastery of arts initially gives negative factor, later it turns into positive, somehow. At least I think it does.

Found another major bug. Kumamoto castle that is initially being controlled by ASO clan. The bridges are bugged. It's impossible to pass through them, effectively sealing the castle's defenders in and no way for attackers to get inside. Had to do an autoresolve to capture it as Otomo.

Some of the Clan armies can't seem to move or be attacked. They stand in one place all the game and cannot be targeted by ninjas or armies. Specific cases I've seen - ITO clan and Takeda Wakasa. A full Stack standing in place for eternity in Wakasa's case.

Some buildings don't benefit from Samurai Town reduced building cost bonus. Example - Dojo/Samurai Hall. There may be others, but this is the one I noticed for now.

I'll do playthroughs with the rest of the clans and see if I can find any other bugs.

Other than that and a lack of unit looks variety, this is the best mod ever! Thank you.
    Last edited by Frostelis; August 05, 2019 at 12:19 PM.

Hi Weierstrass, thanks for replying. I really do enjoy this mod. About the recruitment limit idea, there is actually a smart way to make special units great again.

At the moment, some buildings increase the cap by 1.5 or 3 at high levels. What you could do for instance is to keep the initial cap for ashigaru at 2 and cut the bonus of the urban town series to 0.1/0.25/0.5, and Ashigaru Camp series to the same. That leaves the player a few ashigaru units to start with, and both AI and human players have to fill the vacancies with peasant militia, as Daimyos did in history. We can do the same for samuri/ronin/pro-ashigaru. Players get something to start with but must slowly replace the other millita unit as they expand. This is good in two ways. First those "one castle clan" would not be able to have a full stack of samuri, which make the game unrealistic. Second, when we the human players unleash the valuable professional units, those militia placeholders provide great, soft targets, making the slaughter enjoyable.

There could be a distinction between ashigaru/samuri/ronin/sohei and ninja/pirates/bandit. Caps of the former are increased by buildings available in all areas, and we should therefore give them very low bonus. The later are available in only several areas, and we can keep the high bonus so that players can recruit them asap. Basically just reduce the bonus. When we enter mid-game and have 20 settlements in hand, the cap will eventually catch up.

I did try modifying with PFM but got a runtime error after making changes to your must.database.pack file. Maybe I didn't do it right somewhere.

BTW here's a typical Sengoku army composition:

10% Mounted Samuri
    15% Foot Samuri or later Professional Ashigaru
    40% Ashigaru (Almost sorely yari ashigaru)
    35% Range units of yumi and teppo

This is a pretty accurate account. Rather than designing cap bonus with reference to the nature of each building, we might do better by thinking backwards. Calculate how many units of each type we really need when we have 20 settlements, and then cut cap bonus until it falls just below that "reasonable" level, leaving a few vacancies for special units.

I'm not sure if it's a bug with the mod, a thing with S2 in general or something on my end - but about halfway through my campaign, all the skillpoints I had invested in all my generals, agents etc. seems to have reset so that none of the skills are unlocked.
    I hope someone can shed some light on what might've caused this issue, or if it's some mechanic I forgot about.

I'm not sure if it's just me, but all the .rar files on your google drive link is corrupted or damaged. I tried downloading it several times but I can't open them. Could you please check them once again? Thank you very much.

Vassals behaviour is weird. After RD happens my relations with them permanently decreasing.
    When I conquer next castle it drops even more.....so eventually all of them wage a war on you, if you don't regularly pay them.

And I got "NO_RealmDivide" pack ticked. However, it happened....
    Last edited by lekseus; October 28, 2019 at 09:44 AM.