Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2018/12/12)

There are some spelling errors (untranslated from Spanish?) for the general skill tree- Defensor should be Defender, Aggressor should be Attacker, Logistic should be Logistics with an "s", Audacy should be Audacity, Parangon should be Paragon, and Inspirator should be Inspiring Leader. Otomo Conqueror Hero on the other hand should be Otomo Conquistador Hero. Temporal Guard also sounds awkward in English, but I don't know what it's supposed to represent- maybe it could be renamed to something like Militia Quarters or Town Watch.

Naginata Warrior Nun Garrison use teppo as their weapons. Either their weapons/stats should be changed or they should be renamed to Teppo Warrior Nun Garrison (and also have their unit card changed). Don't know whether regular Naginata Warrior Nun has the same problem.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Wait a freaking second... you people managed to slap custom maps on the shogun 2 campaign map? That's it, different maps for each province?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; November 19, 2019 at 10:39 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Wait a freaking second... you people managed to slap custom maps on the shogun 2 campaign map? That's it, different maps for each province?
    Siege maps (if i remember correctly) can be custom per region. Normal battle maps not (like field battles and such...). They depend of metadata.dat and Template_map.xml when converting the campaign map (it tries to translate the heights/low and such of the campaign map in to a battle map).

As I remember the game only had the like two or three base models for castles and it's respective levels, one coastal one and can't remember if two or one land castles. And last time I checked (like 4 or 5 years ago I grant) it was impossible to put a custom map tied to a region on the campaign map.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Siege maps can be custom. Can be assigned to the aabb vecor of the campaign map.

Woa... so there's finally really different castles to each province now? Or at least most of them? I found the repetitive siege maps to be Shogun's 2 biggest bane and ended up ditching the game because of it. Field battles having the samey battles maps is far more forgivable.

Well not for each. But more castles. Sengoku can hold up to 44 or smth like that slots. Yet that means You have only 1 lvl castles. So it's a hard choice

Oh I see... and it's quite clever what you did. It's also enough, even if it means only one castle level. I'll reinstall shogun 2 again so I can play in my free time around the holidays.

Found a bug- the armor bonus from general skills doesn't seem to be applied for some reason.

Edit: clarification- I mean the armor bonus for the army. The armor bonus to the general himself works fine.
    Last edited by Tripledot; November 28, 2019 at 12:55 AM.

Default Re: Master Of Strategy Sengoku (MoSS) (2019/20/03)

I love the mod. Played a bunch of campaigns already. Everything is nice, but recently I've realized 95% of battles happen in castles.

Hi, I reinstalled shogun 2 with Moss mod and I have a question: I wanted to make a rice sake farm, but says I need crafts, How do I get them.
    Also, what is the purpose of the new buildings (particulary, the craftsman house, but also the small yuya and others)
    Is there a pdf or manual to see the new mechanics implemented? (at first, they look a bit confusing, I think I got the unrest mechanic, that's why you think twice before start building)

Personally, I like the mod, makes you think before expanding like crazy

Moroder. A pdf it's a bit complicated as i no longer have as much time as before. Back then i had one but got outdated by updates. Sooo ... Sake rice farms needs crafts which comes frome one of the lines of craftman house. As you upgrade it you reach the artisans level were you get crafts. Afaik you need wood as well. Yuya is a not that good building but comes handy from time to time. You might develop it to a true bathouse building that reduce unrest, increase repleanishment and give an small money income. Then you have another line that it's crime related for extra cash but some issues with unrest.
    About mechanics. The most important is the unrest, then the building system as you cannot build level 1 if you do not upgrade any lvl one to level 2. Also consider that you need to upgrade the towns instead of the castles to get more slots. Resources you just have more ... And recruitment is limited to all units but if you build more you have more available.

Thanks for your info, also I was surprised because I have build a dojo and cant recruit samurai retainers. I think that the Date army you start with (started with Date) that have those retainers makes me that I cant recruit more. Any way to increase the cap? (buildings or something?)

I must say I have sought 3 times to progress with MOSS and will discard it unless I am missing something very critical, namely: the total lack of information/support for the MOD in the form of a building tree and resource map. The link to the Encyclopedia doesn't work, I guess because so many new interim buildings were introduced. Nowhere can I find a simple and clear tree that informs one of the progression of any building chain. Upgrading of cities is entirely reliant on Wood and no resource map I can locate indicates where on the map wood is available. In fact there are numerous required resources and apparently no indication where they are. Playing at Normal/Hard, the Portuguese rifle units of Onodo though surrounded by 7 four-chevron pikes never break. What am I missing? Help!

I went into your mod first try on very hard...not a good decision lol. The ai spam army like crazy and i am not sure if this is intended or not. About midgame, even single province minor got like 2 and a half stack and the current 8 province clan i was at war with had 6 stacks. It was not militia either; about half of it was some quality troops. Literal horde of samurai was bearing down on me and was going down real fast All the while, I could only afford 2 and a half army and 9 boats while maintaing 10 provinces (Tokugawa, Oda, and Imagawa area). So I would like to know if things like this is intended or even related to your mod at all ? Also, might I suggest decreasing the samurai unit caps or changing ai army to be more based on ashigaru for immersion sake ? I am starting a new one on normal now but I fear it will be too peaceful as I have read some of the discussions on this mod being too peaceful on normal.

Hi,
    have not found an answer on the first page (with install hints) and dont like to reread 33 pages of forum sites ...
    so the question is :
    which DLCs are needed for this mod ? (to get all options)

Thanks

tonmai the Ai cheats depending on the difficulty. On easy you get bonuses. In lendegedary the Ai get insane bonuses. Just like that. This allows certain level of difficulty for playes with experience.
    About caps. If you get a bunch of cities and ashigaru encampemnts the ashigaru numbers grows a lot. I think base caps are okay and force you to use all the troops you can recruit

Rteam sengoku jidai troops are really important, otomo and ikko ikki are a good adition. Saint and heroes, and hattori add small content.

how this mod compare to trom 3?

Larger, with more stuff, slowler trom 3.. actually i got inspired in trom 3

Sorry, I have to ask again: what are the requisites to build a granary?

The more I play, the more I love the mod, but the lack of information is frustating, anyone has a techtree?