Thread: has any one worked out how to get Creten archers?

Default has any one worked out how to get Creten archers?

I had this problem in the last version as well, seems there no where you can build a Axillary barracks to get creten archers

Iv built one in Sparta because the help tool lists it as a place to get them, and in the last game I tried recruiting them in Syracuse across the water and I had no luck there ether seems like you just can't get them

Im not talking about the mercenary ones but the Axillary version mercenary creten archers are pretty useless because you just recruit enough of them to be worth it.

Default Re: has any one worked out how to get Creten archers?

I believe the way it works is that you build the auxiliary barracks in the respective region where they could be recruited as mercenaries, in other words, Hellas Province (and I believe Syracuse in the DLC campaigns) is the only place to get them, so you build the auxiliary barracks in regions like Sparta.

If you're not getting it, then perhaps a bug or a conflict with a mod, if any happen to be installed?

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Did you try building the barracks on Crete?
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

It looks like you need to upgrade it to an Auxiliary Garrison (in the Hellas province) to get Cretans.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

In the IA campaign you can only get them in Athenae.

http://www.honga.net/totalwar/rome2/...ny&t=auxiliary
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

god what is wrong with the game I should be able to recruit them because iv got a barracks in sparta

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by RHYS4190 View Post
    god what is wrong with the game I should be able to recruit them because iv got a barracks in sparta
    Are you playing a GC or an IA campaign? In the former case, you should be able to get Cretan archers in Sparta. In IA, only in Athens though.

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    Are you playing a GC or an IA campaign? In the former case, you should be able to get Cretan archers in Sparta. In IA, only in Athens though.
    That's retarded. Should I not be able to recruit Cretan archers in Crete!?
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; September 20, 2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Deleted expletive

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Hetairoi View Post
    That's retarded. Should I not be able to recruit Cretan archers in Crete!?
    Actually, it's not retarted. At the time depicted in Augustus' campaign, Crete had been Roman for a while (historically). Athens, on the other hand, had a special free-city status in Roman republic, later the empire. So, it makes historical sense that ethnic auxiliaries are recruitable there rather than in Crete. Romans raised ethnic levy from non-citizen areas (freshly conquered terrotory and/or vassal states). In Romanized provinces, Romans used to raise other, Latin-style auxilia (which is available in the game).
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; September 20, 2014 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Deleted quoted expletive

Smiling Hetairoi's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    Actually, it's not retarted. At the time depicted in Augustus' campaign, Crete had been Roman for a while (historically). Athens, on the other hand, had a special free-city status in Roman republic, later the empire. So, it makes historical sense that ethnic auxiliaries are recruitable there rather than in Crete. Romans raised ethnic levy from non-citizen areas (freshly conquered terrotory and/or vassal states). In Romanized provinces, Romans used to raise other, Latin-style auxilia (which is available in the game).
    Crete was famous for it's archers into the medieval era.

What kind of bows did they use?
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.