Thread: NO More starting armies and garrisons

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default NO More starting armies and garrisons

Sorry to inform you all that until further notice, Magnar Mod wont include starting armies and garrisons.

The reason for this is when I add the new units to the startpos it causes the campaign to crash and I cant figure out how to resolve the issue.

Prior to patch 15 beta it was possible to add these starting units but now it seems that it causes an error for some reason.

if anyone knows what causes the crash and or how to add starting units without crashing please let me know and I will add them back.

UPDATE:

The problem is with the modular system we provide where the unit information is in a different pack to the startpos (unit size and tpy).

Therefore, we will not provide starting units until v2.35

In v2.35 we will remove the x1 unit size module and the base mod file. We will instead have 3 versions of the mod (1tpy, 2tpy and 4tpy) with all db tables in the 1 pack. Due to the increase in size from all our new content that will be released in 2.35, we will have additional required modules where all the textures and custom models will be stored (we would have had to do this anyway).
    Last edited by Magnar; September 17, 2014 at 06:27 AM.

Libertus

Default Re: NO More starting armies and garrisons

Not sure what the problem could be myself,however,have you not asked any of the other modders who have put out working versions of their overhauls in the 24hrs since EE came out?Think Dresden has a now compatible version of his DEI overhaul working with EE..though not,at last check,with working Augustus Campaign..just the Grand Campaign.
    Wanting a serious historical mod myself..one with realistic unit sizes etc in it,if possible,..and yours seems to be best placed to deliver most,if not all I want from a mod...but having said that,in the need to try out a mod..did experiment with Rush's overhaul..the Campaign and Battle standalone on the Steam Workshop..and when I tried Grand Campaign..it had starting armies in it..so maybe some pointers in that mod for you?

Any kind of ETA for 2.35 then ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanius View Post
    Not sure what the problem could be myself,however,have you not asked any of the other modders who have put out working versions of their overhauls in the 24hrs since EE came out?Think Dresden has a now compatible version of his DEI overhaul working with EE..though not,at last check,with working Augustus Campaign..just the Grand Campaign.
    Wanting a serious historical mod myself..one with realistic unit sizes etc in it,if possible,..and yours seems to be best placed to deliver most,if not all I want from a mod...but having said that,in the need to try out a mod..did experiment with Rush's overhaul..the Campaign and Battle standalone on the Steam Workshop..and when I tried Grand Campaign..it had starting armies in it..so maybe some pointers in that mod for you?
    I know the problem, its a change in the way the startpos reads its entries so that anything it refrences must be in the same pack file. Dresden uses old startpos' without civil war factions for the newly playable factions like Armenia so his works fine, also they dont have different tpy modules (as far as I know) and instead have all the db tables in 1 pack (which we will do in 2.35 onwards). So this no starting armies is only until the next major update is released.

Quote Originally Posted by elbomberoloco View Post
    Any kind of ETA for 2.35 then ?
    We are planning for an end of October v2.35 release, though that could easily get delayed.

Currently we are still putting the finishing touches and fixes on the arabian roster, Bithynia, some greeks as well as calculating the unit stats for all the units. Once those final bits and pieces are done (hopefully in the next 2 weeks) we can start puttign together a 2.35 closed beta pack to fine tune all our new mechanics and stats before its released.
    Last edited by Magnar; September 17, 2014 at 07:44 AM.

You get it fixed ? I have both starting armies and garrisons...as do the AI cities.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

no i havent finished updating yet

Your old saves should still have all the right unis, its just new campaigns starting armies will be vanilla and then the garrisons will become correct on turn 2 but the armies will remain till deleted.