Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 - Download link and Translation

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 IS OUT!!!!!!! (but it's still in italian language...who can translate it?)

ok, great news then!!
    I'll ask Gigantus to locate BC where it deserves, among the Hosted Mods then...

Thanks a lot for this translating effort!!

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 IS OUT!!!!!!! (but it's still in italian language...who can translate it?)

Moreover, to anyone who plays BC and has some modding proficiency, I suggest to download the latest submod done for it here:

http://www.moddb.com/games/medieval-...timate-version

Essentially, it improves many aspects of the game: graphics, sounds, units, AI, balancing of factions, scripts, events, ancs & traits and many other components. It was nearly to be finished, but there will be need to re-do part of the ENG translation for the new content added and revsionate the campaign_script as it may not be fully stable atm (due to no time for the sufficient checking of the new mechanics).

For anyone who wants, you can take it as a base and do your own modifications and improvements (you edit it fully, or take some of the new components, as you wish)...

Up to now, I can only provide external assistance, I cannot commit myself to BC (really, no time!)

EDIT: Pronoiar, I see you quite active on BC... What about if I suggest you to make the necessary implementations to the Enhanced BC Submod (translating into ENG the new content) and revisionate it to have full stability?
    I can only provide external advice atm.....
    Last edited by rafmc1989; July 31, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Pronoiar's Avatar Laetus

Hey ramfc. Thanks for the offer but I don't speak Italian, so I can't really help with the translation. Your mod seems very intersting though, I'll check it out and may steal some of your tweaks.

Yes, that's the workaround in case you cannot translate the full content (as there are many new ancillaries, character traits and scripted events with Italian texts of course)... So, yep, go ahead and take whatever possible from it, no mercy!

So, yep, Pronoiar I made the application for the transfer on the Hosted Modifications section. If you don't mind, I'll quote you among the "team members" and, of course, gonna ask Gig to make me local moderator, so I can edit the main page with the ENG translation. For any further work by you, I'll edit the main thread consequently.

Pronoiar's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    So, yep, Pronoiar I made the application for the transfer on the Hosted Modifications section. If you don't mind, I'll quote you among the "team members" and, of course, gonna ask Gig to make me local moderator, so I can edit the main page with the ENG translation. For any further work by you, I'll edit the main thread consequently.
    Hey rafmc! I deeply admire the work done for Bellum Crucis, but I haven't personally done anything for it, really, so I don't think I qualify as a team member. As I understand it, the team has finished with the mod and disbanded, so it's up to the fans to develop it further through submods. Or is there any hope for further "official" development?

Having a dedicated forum for the mod would be super cool, though. Anyone would be able post their sub/mini mods in an organized fashion and players would be able to find and access them easily.

I also think the mod deserves a lot more attention outside the Italian community. It's stable, challenging, atmospheric, and adds a nice roleplaying element without bogging down gameplay. The medieval art aesthetic and the soundtrack is also a big plus in my book.

Many mods advertise a challenging gameplay, but most of them fail to understand that you can only make the battle mode harder by a small degree through AI customising and mechanical tweaks. But BC7 has the challenging economy and the aggressive diplomatic ai most other popular mods lack, so you end up fighting harder battles because of the tougher campaign conditions.

So good luck with the new forum, I'll be the first one to post some mini-mods. I also have a portrait collection mod in the works.

PS (nerdy and technical): I did some further testing and theorizing on how recruitment priority offsets work, and I believe these values only dictate the priority of a unit against another, not a "weight" nor a statistical modifier. So, for example, if a unit has a priority offset of 1 and all others are 0, the ai will always try to recruit the first unit over the others, as long as this unit is available for recruitment. The game appears to use an internalized hardcoded algorithm to recruit units to form its armies, and it appears to be working fine for the most part. The offset is ideally used to balance some odd cases such as too many siege weapons, or the AI leaning too much to a specific unit. So, I disagree with the way most mods use offsets for the majority of the units, as this is difficult to balance and the AI armies tend to lack variety because of its "binary" recruit decisions. The problem with BC was that almost all units had positive offsets and the AI never preferred to recruit agents (hardcoded offset 0) when other units were available for recruitment.

As regards the official production, I can confirm that the team is gone (it's been a huge hit for me, as I loved my MTW Italia Community, spent I don't know how many years over there and had a tons of fun)... Essentially, I'm the left-over of that community and, obviously, I had to transfer my activity on TWC and ModDB (not having a "home" anymore).

Hence, yes, BC will soon be transferred in the Hosted Mods and I'll edit the main page with the translation. Then, of course, anyone can make his own submod and publish on the Mod section. Hence, yes, I'd really like that you complete your works and release it (as said, you can take as much as you want from my last submod and implement the content into yours). Then, with the new ENG translation, the resonance will increase as consequence.

And, hey smart observation!
    Yes, BC has different mechanics so as to increase challenge and force players to do more efforts than usual (given that often human players have very easy time in mods).
    And the RPG content, yep, is to bring added fun and new perspectives while playing.

Coming to the "offsets", in any case I suggest you to stay always above zero. It's a binary code, hence the AI will always prefer the unit with the highest value (given that there are the conditions for recruiting it). For the agents, they are recruited btw (to enhance it, you may prefer keeping close-to-zero values for the militias which are the easiest to recruit, and much higher values for the elites, as they must have the priority for the AI).

Finally, ok, expect the transportation of BC to the Hosted Mods soon (already applied to Gig).

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    BC will soon be transferred in the Hosted Mods and I'll edit the main page with the translation.
    Looking forward to it, mate. Might I suggest that, instead of editing this thread, you just start a new one? This thread has 600+ replies and it might be good to start afresh. This thread would still be moved to the Hosted Mod forum and locked for posterity. Just my two cents.

Ah, thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Yes, I think years passed since my old good friend +MrCrow+ opened BC 7.0 here.
    Hence, ok, I'll open a new one in the dedicated area, but I'd still prefer to keep this old thread in the same Mod Hosted page, just for reference and for checking (given that the non-Italian community has now access to it).

Gig should reply soon. Thanks again!

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Hi all,

i'm still alive but, as you can easly see, i no longer work on BC. My modding spare time is very limited and, at the moment, i prefere to spend it on a personal project on which i'm currently working on the italian community.

In the past years the BC Team has never opened an area dedicated to BC on TWC Hosted Modification section because there was noone with time to spend on it and because we have never officially supported an english translation of the project.

BTW, now i'm the only one still alive of the 4 BC Directors and i'm happy to see that there is an english translation for BC7 and that Rafmc is able to manage a new hosted modification section. So i fully approve the opening of a new section as long as:

1) this thread is used as the main download thread of the new section (ofc we will update the first post if required)
    2) TWC put as local moderator of the section me and rafmc 1989 (Raf you will became the BC official moderator of TWC :-) )

Regards,
    +Mr.Crow+
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Hey MrCrow, grazie!!!

Yes I already asked to maintain this original thread for all downloads and for reference to players.

And very good, both as moderators for an easy management of the threads.
    It will be a pleasure to take care of our beloved B.C. as moderator here on TWC!!

Grazie x la fiducia MrCrow, e in bocca al lupo con l'altro progetto di MTW Italia!!! ))

Libertus

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS - the original thread (ENG texts link added)

+Mr.Crow+ , thank you for this mod. I still play on 6.3 version. I hope BC will rise to 8.0 version.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS - the original thread (ENG texts link added)

Quote Originally Posted by Orochimaru View Post
    I hope BC will rise to 8.0 version.
    It appears that BC has reached its final official stage at 7.0, however, that does not mean it is the end.

Stainless Steel has been at 6.4 stage for years and it is still alive and even submod overhauls are still being developed.

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS - the ORIGINAL THREAD about the mod and its identity (ENG texts link added)

Yes, essentially this is the goal. Just like SS, hopefully, with the help of the community new "fresh air" will influence BC via submods and external projects.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS - the ORIGINAL THREAD about the mod and its identity (ENG texts link added)

I have read the permision policy and i wonder.
    IF BC material is free to use ONLY as submod of BC it's self , it natural to believe that NO OTHER MOD'S material must be allowed to be used as BC submod as well?
    Because when you are willing to take something you must give something in return. Am I right or missunderstood the policy (that remind's me the early policy Broken Cresent team had about its material).
    In an age , years after Rusichi/MARKA team ENORMUS condribution to modding community its kind of bizzare to talk about restrictions.
    I must SAY THOUGH THAT the will of the team is 100% acceptable and respectable.
    I know about permisions because a couple of TGC members have also restrictions about their creations.
    But...still its kind of strange for me. Its just my personal ONLY opinion.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    material is free to use ONLY as submod of BC it's self
    Anthonius, where did you read this??? BC 3D models are FREE for everyone that share his stuff in the same way!

Unfortunately, we don't have the same policy for all the Bellum Crucis stuff. There are 3 different policy:

1) 3D models and textures: FREE to use for everyone that share his stuff in the same way with all the community.
    2) map tga and BAI/CAI files: noone can use it outside BC and noone can modify them (even BC team itself) because of their creator (we have no power on this files!).
    3) everything else: The rest of the BC stuff is not covered by a clear policy because has been created by modders that have never declare a public policy about them. So i can only say that for sure it can be used for BC submod, but i can't say if it can be used for other mods.

If there is something else that it's not clear about BC policy, pleas ask. We want to be as clear as possibile about it.

EDIT: i've rewrote the policy in order to make it more clear. But, as i say, feel free to ask if there are some more point that needs to be clarified.
    Last edited by +Mr.Crow+; August 07, 2017 at 08:22 AM.
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 - Download link and Translation

Thanks MrCrow!

Again, it's pretty logical. The statements from Crow already cover all the points related to the policy, but we are always open to share if mutual approach and same behavior from the counterpart is shown.

Thanks for the comment, Anthonius.

Hey, I couldn't get the zip files to work. Any way we could get it in one google-drive folder?

Mhm, I know, MrCrow did that decision to split the download into several pieces, whereas one unique package would have been easier...

Btw, I report the instructions, directly from our host page on MTW Italia, and the link to the threads in that forum:

1- Download and install the latest version of 7zip: www.7-zip.org/

2- Download into a folder of your preference all the 12 files from one of the mirrors previous listed. Remember that, with Mediafire, it's possible to download simultaneously all the 12 files, but remember to save them in the same folder.

3- Once you have downloaded the files just right click on one of them and choose “7zip”, then click on “Extract here”. Wait untill the end of the process.

4- At the end of the extraction process a folder named “BELLUM_CRUCIS_7_SETUP" will pop up in the same folder in wich you have downloaded the 12 files. Open this new folder and then double click on the .exe file (you can't fail in this due to the presence of only 3 files of wich only one is a .exe file)

5- After the launch of the .exe just follow the instruction on the screen in order to complete the installation process. If you use an operating system subsequent to Windows XP and your Medieval 2 copy is installed into the default folder, pay attention to the default folder proposed by the installer because it's wrong! In this case, it's necessary to change the installation path in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\BellumCrucis7". Always remember that the mod must be installed into the "mods" folder that can be find in the main Medieval 2 folder.

6- Unpack and overwrite the bugfixer inside BC folder

http://mtwitalia.freeforumzone.com/d...x?idd=10939848

It should clarify obstacles when downloading...

Yeah, I'm on mac using wine. The exe's won't open (most do). Any chance a someone would be willing to just post it as a google drive folder?