Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 - Download link and Translation

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 IS OUT!!!!!!! (but it's still in italian language...who can translate it?)

I'm not author of polish translation, but I believe that my colleagues just used translation for 6.3 version, and added translated new things from 7.0 to it

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 IS OUT!!!!!!! (but it's still in italian language...who can translate it?)

So is it likely that an English translation of the mod will come soon? Would it take 3-6 months?

Who tell with you?

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

This was posted 7 months ago..we will not have an english translation.

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

I am trying to translate it to english, but need time i work 40/50 hours a week, i am doing my best

If you can do this,everyone will amazing!

English translation? I will give you something better.

All in one kicking ass megasubmod for BC 7 with english translation, completely changed EDU, strategic AI you've never experienced before, music submod with new music, correct accents for all fractions and added sounds for voiceless units in battles and few minor changes. You will be able install each part separately.

So be vigilant! Sword of justice is coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -wino- View Post

All in one kicking ass megasubmod for BC 7 with english translation, completely changed EDU, strategic AI you've never experienced before, music submod with new music, correct accents for all fractions and added sounds for voiceless units in battles and few minor changes. You will be able install each part separately.

THX,I like this mod very much,but I only know ENG.What a pity!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Am I still dreaming or is this awsomnes really going to happen. Just amazing

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Waiting for this!!

Who's working on the english translation? Tell me which files you haven't done yet so i can speed things up for ya alright?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If this never comes to fruition I will be of much disappoint...

Gladius Divinae Iustitiae (Sword of Divine Justice)

Package of changes and fixes for Bellum Crucis 7 with bugfixer:

BASE:
    - light EDU mod: added armour piercing ability to javelins and crossbows, visual armour upgrade improvements for 20 units (visible in the battles after armour upgrade), reduced bonus for halberdiers;
    - Fixed eagle of Polish generals and Polish banner on the strategic map;
    - Fixed bug in HRE with too much cash subtraction with 44 provinces;
    - Reduced cost of sieges from 2000 to 1000;
    - music and sound submod1.

OPTIONS:
    - English translation;
    - Piter campaign AI submod2;
    - Alternative Money Script;
    - Wino warfare submod3: giant change of units cost (read below). Includes: increased power and accuracy for crossbows, javelins and archers. Now missile units are huge threat (javelin units at last are useful), even weakest archers can cause quite good damages; Mongols purse increased from 25 thousand to 65 thousand; Alternative Money Script;
    - Change Bulgars culture to Middle Eastern. Now they have steppe culture, but with Middle Eastern imo they are better. Buildings are uniform and imam is imam, not catholic priest. Without this fix we have 3 types of buildings - some of the steppe, some of the Eastern European and some of the Middle Eastern and imam in agents window looks like an European priest;
    - Princess movement increased by 60%;
    - Restore original Medieval 2 cursors.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - corrected accents on the strategic map and battles;
    - added and corrected voices of many units on the battlefield;
    - added new music (instead of 142 MB in 54 tracks now is 586 MB in 180). There are 13 types of music (for example separate music for Scottland, Hungary, Poland, Jerusalem, steppe music for Bulgarians, Mongols and Cumans or greek for Byzantines and Georgia. Poland has Bogurodzica berore battle (the oldest Polish hymn, Polish knights sang it as an anthem), used music from movies (Kingdom of Heaven, Braveheart, Alexander), from Medieval 1, Two Steps From Hell, Game of Thrones, Gothic 3 and many more.

An innovative campaign AI.

From the point of view of campaign difficulty level:

VH level – AI considers player as its biggest threat so it tries to form alliances against the player and tends to go to war against the player. The AI factions easily form alliances if they consider the player their biggest threat.

H level – AI considers the player as a threat and tries to form alliances against the player and tends to go to war against the player, but to a more limited extent than on VH level. If an AI faction neighbors a faction that is significantly stronger, it will try to find an alliance against such faction. In such situation AI may propose alliance to the player and be a loyal ally.

N level – AI tries to form alliances against the strong empires (factions that are significantly stronger than AI) and tends to weaken them. If there are no such strong factions, AI will try to go to war against the player. If AI does not border the player, it tries to attack its weakest neighbor (if it tried to attack the weakest neighbor first, the campaign would be rather boring ).

In general:

New diplomacy based on tens of factors (the original is based on a few).

If the AI’s invasion priorities (i.e. code command driving AI to invade a given target) do not exceed a minimum threshold, the AI will not attack other factions (except for rebel / neutral provinces).

By using the „opportunistic invasion” command in the options of war and rebel provinces conquer, AI will sometimes ignore its diplomatic priorities. Besides, M2TW AI is bugged anyway.

Alliances – if an alliance is not aimed against an enemy which is the AI priority target, it works as a „non-aggression pact”. The alliance code includes commands which drive AI to attack a common enemy but if it is not the AI perceived “priority enemy”, the chance that such attack will be executed is rather small (especially on VH difficulty).

Preparations for war:

The tactics responsible for invasion is rather a slow and “lazy” procedure so the AI will usually gather its armies along the borders before it finally decides to invade. Also AI will train its best available units and agents – do not be surprised when an AI assassin kills your favourite general. For the human player this knowledge is not a big facilitation though, since the fact that AI is gathering its forces along the border does not mean that it is going to invade the player’s faction in the nearest future.

In some circumstances (for instance when the player does not wage a war with its neighbors), a neutral AI faction will also keep its garrisons on the border, just as it waged a war against the (neutral) player. This AI behavior may change when the it is in war with other factions – in such case it may send all its forces to the endangered front.

War:

The highest priority of AI is besieging settlements – AI uses almost all its military potential on a given front to besiege settlements. It is probably not the best solution but taking into account the limitations of the M2TW engine it seems to be pragmatic and sufficient – otherwise AI would wander its armies aimlessly over the map.
    Then, as a second priority, AI tries to attack the available targets in range, so sometimes when besieging a settlement, another AI army may come to support the siege or even attack a defending player’s army which stands near the besieged settlement (to help defend it in case of assault), while the first AI army still keeps the siege.
    Finally, AI tries to do an “opportunistic attack”, which in some circumstances may ignore other AI settings and priorities. But thanks to this “opportunistic” possibility, AI is more “intelligent” and able to use some unexpected situations to its benefit. Since AI tries to besiege settlements, sometimes it may happen that it will spare player’s army standing on the bridge / ford and will walk around to lay a siege to a settlement or spare the closest strongly garrisoned settlement to lay a siege to the weaker one.

- AI trains the troops of good quality, generally better than in the majority of mods,
    - The additional advantage of such tactics is the AI ability of starving the besieged settlements – AI will not attack until it is certain that it will win (taking into account the result of the autocalc battle),
    - AI is able to hire the mercenaries, which I did not observe frequently using other M2TW CAIs,
    - Of course AI can spam agents in some circumstances,
    - When AI declares a war, it can – especially when the border is long – attack simultaneously with several armies in different places along the border, which can demolish a careless player (I hope you don’t use the unhistorical “reload”),
    - AI uses its agents better,
    - AI can successfully strike with a really good sea invasion. This part of the code is perhaps not perfect but in my view it is quite good in comparison to other M2TW CAIs - I would like to see a CAI code which does it better,
    - 15 turn PON at the beginning of the game (70% reliable),

Defence:

It is not so easy to conquer the settlements by attacking an army standing near the settlement and wiping out the settlement garrison that joins the battle as reinforcements (AI tries to place its armies a bit farther from settlements).

If the total strength ratio on a given front is unfavorable to AI, it will not attack openly but will rather sit in garrisons or try to defend based on bridges / fords and prepare ambushes in forests. On some occasions AI fooled me with the following scheme: I see a weak army near the forest, attack, the AI withdraws to the forest, I attack… and then I am ambushed by significantly stronger AI army. This is not very frequent but the AI in the old M2TW can show some tricks – it’s a pity that the original authors made so weak use of the AI potential in the vanilla game.

Even on N difficulty if an AI faction concludes that it no longer have common interests with the player and at the same time the AI faction is not in war against any of its neighbours, it may break the alliance with the player. In such case only relations 10/10 or 9/10 can protect the player from breaking the alliance by the AI. If AI is in war with a non-neighbouring faction, it does not count as a war and AI may break the alliance as soon as its common interests with the player end.

In Bellum 7 troops are divided on 5 types: non-professional, base, professional, elite and professional elite. Unfortunately, except that the first two have one health point, and the other two health points, nothing is changed. This idea was a brilliant move, but completely not utilized. This mod divide recruitment and upkeep cost according to the type of unit. The first two types are cheap (first type even cheaper than in the original) and quite weak. Real troops starts from professional. They are only a little more expensive than the original and they are real decent, which should be the core of your army. These units have excellent value for money. Elite units are better but much more expensive (about 2-2.5 times from professional and professional elite 3-4). Recruitment and keeping too many elite troops will ruin your budget.

What was the idea? Currently medium troops are only slightly more cheaper than the best, which makes them unviable. In my submod everything is completely different - it pays to recruit the weakest heavy cavalry, because it's still great and cheap unit. Elite is little better, but costs twice as much, because it's elite. Professonal elite is completely dearness. One professional elite unit is worth several standard professional unit and thats how it should be - elite should be a minority in your army, because it is damn expensive.

English translation, new audio (accents, music, unit voices), superb Piter campaign AI and different way of warfare submod gives Bellum Crucis a new life

Requirements:
    - Medieval 2 with Kingdoms ver. 1.5
    - clean copy of Bellum Crucis 7 with bugfixer

Installation:
    1. Backup directory BellumCrucis7 (...\Medieval II Total War\mods\BellumCrucis7\).
    2. Download and run this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5j7bm653g2677i9/Setup.exe. It is necessary to select proper mod folder, this one where the "Bellum Crucis 7.exe" file is.
    3. Run the game.

Additional info:
    - new campaign is required;
    - file checksum: MD5: 8B4AD4B5592C6E3D2C2D09073C57754C, size: 617720273 bytes;
    - Use at your own risk!!! If something is wrong - you have a backup
    Last edited by -wino-; June 17, 2015 at 09:37 AM.

Gladius Divinae Iustitiae (Sword of Divine Justice)

Package of changes and fixes for Bellum Crucis 7 with bugfixer:

BASE:
    - light EDU mod: added armour piercing ability to javelins and crossbows, visual armour upgrade improvements for 20 units (visible in the battles after armour upgrade), reduced bonus for halberdiers;
    - Fixed eagle of Polish generals and Polish banner on the strategic map;
    - Fixed bug in HRE with too much cash subtraction with 44 provinces;
    - Reduced cost of sieges from 2000 to 1000;
    - music and sound submod1.

OPTIONS:
    - English translation;
    - Piter campaign AI submod2;
    - Alternative Money Script;
    - Wino warfare submod3: giant change of units cost (read below). Includes: increased power and accuracy for crossbows, javelins and archers. Now missile units are huge threat (javelin units at last are useful), even weakest archers can cause quite good damages; Mongols purse increased from 25 thousand to 65 thousand; Alternative Money Script;
    - Change Bulgars culture to Middle Eastern. Now they have steppe culture, but with Middle Eastern imo they are better. Buildings are uniform and imam is imam, not catholic priest. Without this fix we have 3 types of buildings - some of the steppe, some of the Eastern European and some of the Middle Eastern and imam in agents window looks like an European priest;
    - Princess movement increased by 60%;
    - Restore original Medieval 2 cursors.

- corrected accents on the strategic map and battles;
    - added and corrected voices of many units on the battlefield;
    - added new music (instead of 142 MB in 54 tracks now is 586 MB in 180). There are 13 types of music (for example separate music for Scottland, Hungary, Poland, Jerusalem, steppe music for Bulgarians, Mongols and Cumans or greek for Byzantines and Georgia. Poland has Bogurodzica berore battle (the oldest Polish hymn, Polish knights sang it as an anthem), used music from movies (Kingdom of Heaven, Braveheart, Alexander), from Medieval 1, Two Steps From Hell, Game of Thrones, Gothic 3 and many more.

An innovative campaign AI.

From the point of view of campaign difficulty level:

VH level – AI considers player as its biggest threat so it tries to form alliances against the player and tends to go to war against the player. The AI factions easily form alliances if they consider the player their biggest threat.

H level – AI considers the player as a threat and tries to form alliances against the player and tends to go to war against the player, but to a more limited extent than on VH level. If an AI faction neighbors a faction that is significantly stronger, it will try to find an alliance against such faction. In such situation AI may propose alliance to the player and be a loyal ally.

N level – AI tries to form alliances against the strong empires (factions that are significantly stronger than AI) and tends to weaken them. If there are no such strong factions, AI will try to go to war against the player. If AI does not border the player, it tries to attack its weakest neighbor (if it tried to attack the weakest neighbor first, the campaign would be rather boring ).

In general:

New diplomacy based on tens of factors (the original is based on a few).

If the AI’s invasion priorities (i.e. code command driving AI to invade a given target) do not exceed a minimum threshold, the AI will not attack other factions (except for rebel / neutral provinces).

By using the „opportunistic invasion” command in the options of war and rebel provinces conquer, AI will sometimes ignore its diplomatic priorities. Besides, M2TW AI is bugged anyway.

Alliances – if an alliance is not aimed against an enemy which is the AI priority target, it works as a „non-aggression pact”. The alliance code includes commands which drive AI to attack a common enemy but if it is not the AI perceived “priority enemy”, the chance that such attack will be executed is rather small (especially on VH difficulty).

Preparations for war:

The tactics responsible for invasion is rather a slow and “lazy” procedure so the AI will usually gather its armies along the borders before it finally decides to invade. Also AI will train its best available units and agents – do not be surprised when an AI assassin kills your favourite general. For the human player this knowledge is not a big facilitation though, since the fact that AI is gathering its forces along the border does not mean that it is going to invade the player’s faction in the nearest future.

In some circumstances (for instance when the player does not wage a war with its neighbors), a neutral AI faction will also keep its garrisons on the border, just as it waged a war against the (neutral) player. This AI behavior may change when the it is in war with other factions – in such case it may send all its forces to the endangered front.

War:

The highest priority of AI is besieging settlements – AI uses almost all its military potential on a given front to besiege settlements. It is probably not the best solution but taking into account the limitations of the M2TW engine it seems to be pragmatic and sufficient – otherwise AI would wander its armies aimlessly over the map.
    Then, as a second priority, AI tries to attack the available targets in range, so sometimes when besieging a settlement, another AI army may come to support the siege or even attack a defending player’s army which stands near the besieged settlement (to help defend it in case of assault), while the first AI army still keeps the siege.
    Finally, AI tries to do an “opportunistic attack”, which in some circumstances may ignore other AI settings and priorities. But thanks to this “opportunistic” possibility, AI is more “intelligent” and able to use some unexpected situations to its benefit. Since AI tries to besiege settlements, sometimes it may happen that it will spare player’s army standing on the bridge / ford and will walk around to lay a siege to a settlement or spare the closest strongly garrisoned settlement to lay a siege to the weaker one.

- AI trains the troops of good quality, generally better than in the majority of mods,
    - The additional advantage of such tactics is the AI ability of starving the besieged settlements – AI will not attack until it is certain that it will win (taking into account the result of the autocalc battle),
    - AI is able to hire the mercenaries, which I did not observe frequently using other M2TW CAIs,
    - Of course AI can spam agents in some circumstances,
    - When AI declares a war, it can – especially when the border is long – attack simultaneously with several armies in different places along the border, which can demolish a careless player (I hope you don’t use the unhistorical “reload”),
    - AI uses its agents better,
    - AI can successfully strike with a really good sea invasion. This part of the code is perhaps not perfect but in my view it is quite good in comparison to other M2TW CAIs - I would like to see a CAI code which does it better,
    - 15 turn PON at the beginning of the game (70% reliable),

Defence:

It is not so easy to conquer the settlements by attacking an army standing near the settlement and wiping out the settlement garrison that joins the battle as reinforcements (AI tries to place its armies a bit farther from settlements).

If the total strength ratio on a given front is unfavorable to AI, it will not attack openly but will rather sit in garrisons or try to defend based on bridges / fords and prepare ambushes in forests. On some occasions AI fooled me with the following scheme: I see a weak army near the forest, attack, the AI withdraws to the forest, I attack… and then I am ambushed by significantly stronger AI army. This is not very frequent but the AI in the old M2TW can show some tricks – it’s a pity that the original authors made so weak use of the AI potential in the vanilla game.

Even on N difficulty if an AI faction concludes that it no longer have common interests with the player and at the same time the AI faction is not in war against any of its neighbours, it may break the alliance with the player. In such case only relations 10/10 or 9/10 can protect the player from breaking the alliance by the AI. If AI is in war with a non-neighbouring faction, it does not count as a war and AI may break the alliance as soon as its common interests with the player end.

In Bellum 7 troops are divided on 5 types: non-professional, base, professional, elite and professional elite. Unfortunately, except that the first two have one health point, and the other two health points, nothing is changed. This idea was a brilliant move, but completely not utilized. This mod divide recruitment and upkeep cost according to the type of unit. The first two types are cheap (first type even cheaper than in the original) and quite weak. Real troops starts from professional. They are only a little more expensive than the original and they are real decent, which should be the core of your army. These units have excellent value for money. Elite units are better but much more expensive (about 2-2.5 times from professional and professional elite 3-4). Recruitment and keeping too many elite troops will ruin your budget.

What was the idea? Currently medium troops are only slightly more cheaper than the best, which makes them unviable. In my submod everything is completely different - it pays to recruit the weakest heavy cavalry, because it's still great and cheap unit. Elite is little better, but costs twice as much, because it's elite. Professonal elite is completely dearness. One professional elite unit is worth several standard professional unit and thats how it should be - elite should be a minority in your army, because it is damn expensive.

English translation, new audio (accents, music, unit voice), superb Piter campaign AI and different way of warfare submod by wino gives Bellum Crucis new life

Requirements:
    - Medieval 2 with Kingdoms ver. 1.5
    - Bellum Crucis 7 with bugfixer

Installation:
    1. Backup directory BellumCrucis7 (...\Medieval II Total War\mods\BellumCrucis7\).
    2. Download and run this: here will be the link. LAST TESTS AND UPLOAD IN PROGRESS, GIVE ME SEVERAL HOURS. It is necessary to select proper mod folder, this one where the "Bellum Crucis 7.exe" file is.
    3. Run the game.

Additional info:
    - new campaign required;
    - file checksum: MD5: 086D9F6BEBEA3CB563B930D567CC6260, size: 616907658 bytes.
    Oh my dear,where is the link?

Which level should I choose in your submod?H/H or N/N?
    Last edited by lolIsuck; March 14, 2015 at 12:50 PM. Reason: double post merged

Fantastic!

Wait,wait and wait!THX

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool! Looking forward to this submod!

When will release this submod?

Which level should I choose in your submod?H/H or N/N?
    campaign N or H, in battles nothing is changed so choose as you wish

Bellum has no his own thread, so I don't know where to put my submod topic. It seems that we have to clutter up this thread.

Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/5j7bm653g2677i9/Setup.exe
    Last edited by -wino-; June 17, 2015 at 09:39 AM.

Woo-hoo!