Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [ASK THE BC TEAM] DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

Default [ASK THE BC TEAM] DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

As the thread title says, please post everything you want to say, suggestions, feelings and ideas about BC in this dedicated thread.

I'll assist and get in contact with you as soon as possible.

Default Re: DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

My suggestion is to make a mod summary thread.

Not only of the factions and mod info but also with a large image of the campaign map with provinces so newcomers can easily see what BC actually is.

Default Re: DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

Mhm, well the original thread should already cover the main info and identity of the mod (given it has been visible for a long time)...

For the newcomers, btw, something rapid to show may be this video with the "Polish campaign", to generally see how the mod is: (but on Youtube, there are plenty of other videos too)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvm-EATjrr4

And, clearly, for any questions, I'm here to answer and assist...

Can anyone help me? Since ive installed the english translation, my game is crashing.

Default Re: [ASK THE BC TEAM] DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

For the ENG, please do not forget to use BC 7.0 + bugfixer, but without the "enhanced" (it's still in ITA)...

As other submods already compatible instead, you may want to use the new Music pack and the new map files (both present in the submods thread).

Default Re: [ASK THE BC TEAM] DISCUSSION THREAD and/or SUGGESTIONS (please post here your comments about BC)

I dont have any "enhanced" version of the game and its still crashing. Could you upload here the working english version please? At least link.

Hello friends.I'm an experienced Medieval player.I'm accustomed to mods and problems about mods.I've discovered this new mod and I really liked.But I encountered some problem and I didn't find a solution on Google.I hope sombody help me.I'm not sure here is the right place to ask about a problem But forgive me in advance I'm new forum member.
    The problem is : I'm playing with Turks and when the 30th turn comes game crashes everytime at Rebels.I tried to start over again and again."Encountered an unspecific error".
    I have no idea what the problem is.Why the turn 30? Am I doing something wrong?Please somebody help me with this problem.

I'm surprised more turns per year weren't added. Will there be, or is the mod pretty much finished at this point?

Mhm, extending the turns x year was thought in the past, but then discarded... the need to cover early/high/late Medieval periods with the change/evolution of units, mercs and buildings would be harmed if we increase the turns x year, that was the reason behind.

The mod is slow in progression atm, but we always encourage the community to create new content for submods if they like.

Certainly a valid reason. As far as a submod, I'm afraid I'm not up to the task. But I will continue to play and enjoy it. Very good mod. substantially and visually impressive.

Hello to all,

I would like to make a request concerning the Tagma Ton Varangon unit for ERE faction: there's three warrior types in that unit in BC mod, one with chainmail, which looks similar to viking or saxon huscarl, the other two with more elaborate armour, which look more Greek / Eastern. Could it be possible to remove the chainmail type of warrior from the unit, so that only the other two variants appear? Is that a difficult work to do? Which programs are needed?

Thanks for reading, cheers.

Ok, if you want to remove an armor variation, look for the model.db entry of the Roman Varingians, search it in the battle_models.db... look at the mesh file... You'll need the converter from mesh to ms3d... Once you convert, you need milkshape to open it. Then, look for the armor variants of the body, there will be three. Select the one which has the chainmail and delete it from the model. Then, you can save (check that bone assignments are not moved or changed, and check UV maps too). Convert back from ms3d to mesh and put it in the appropriate folder (as stated in the .db)... The model will now have two armor variations instead of three.

It seems a difficult task, but it isn't. Hope it helps!

Some ideas

It would be very nice if the armour progression was made more historically - so for example great helms to appear ONLY after 1220

Make 2-3 starting positions in 12th century 13th century. For example 1099, 1125 etc...

On or two in 13th century like in 1220, 1274 etc...

Replace Bolga Bulgaria with an emergent Balkan Bulgarian faction (optional much like RS2)

Add optional faction switches like in Roma Surrectum II - For example Serbia instead of Georgia, Bulgaria instead of Bolga Bulgaria,

Add some new units such as exiled English Huscarls

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Ok, if you want to remove an armor variation, look for the model.db entry of the Roman Varingians, search it in the battle_models.db... look at the mesh file... You'll need the converter from mesh to ms3d... Once you convert, you need milkshape to open it. Then, look for the armor variants of the body, there will be three. Select the one which has the chainmail and delete it from the model. Then, you can save (check that bone assignments are not moved or changed, and check UV maps too). Convert back from ms3d to mesh and put it in the appropriate folder (as stated in the .db)... The model will now have two armor variations instead of three.

It seems a difficult task, but it isn't. Hope it helps!

Hello, I have followed your suggestions and I managed to make the changes i wanted, thank you very much!

sorry for the double post, I failed to delete the other one.

cheers
    Last edited by Ulakanakulot; September 26, 2017 at 07:23 PM.

Glad you managed!

Hey, if you get accostumed with it, please feel free to bring other modifications to units as well (external minimods can be released by anyone who likes)..

for textures, don't forget to use the converter for dds/tga and the normal maps (whether via Ps, Gimp [the one I use], or Crazybump).

How do you use the Hangman?

Seriously, you have this "hangman" character. that you recruit and he does nothing. Can't figure this one out. I feel like putting him on a fleet and engaging in a fleet action I'll know I'll loose just to kill him off. Is he just there to hang heretics? If so, it's a waste of resources. Can you please explain this?

Don't get me wrong. This is a great mod, but this hangman character appears to be worthless.

mmh, do you refer to the "Boia Inquisitore"? Right?

If so, he has been implemented to regulate the characters in your faction... Essentially, he can kill any family member of your people, even king and Heir... Two sole conditions, he can kill the second general enlisted in an army (hardcoded stuff here), or he can kill governors settled in cities/castles... He is like the purifier of your faction, when you have someone you dislike (especially given the dinasty ancillaries which make some people get annoyed if the ruler is against)...

Moreover, if put close to a character for some time, he will unlock new traits and ancillaries for the character who is neraby (terror-wise developments)...

Hmmm. Okay. Thanks.

I have some problem with the mod. I'm doing a campaign with the Byzantines, but around turn 55 I noticed that the AI does not produce agents (spies, emissaries, merchants), except princesses. And I do not get the warnings when a new foreign princess is ready to get married, or when a foreign faction leader dies. Before that I had done other small campaigns and these warnings always came out, is it a bug or what? And almost around 1190, is it normal that no technology has been discovered? Even sending thieves in the other cities I don't get anything, while in another campaign I steal technologies normally.

Penso di avere qualche problema con la mod. Sto facendo una campagna con i bizantini, tuttavia intorno al turno 55 ho notato che l'IA non produce agenti (spie, emissari, mercanti), se non le principesse. E non mi escono gli avvisi quando una nuova principessa straniera è pronta a sposarsi, o quando un capofazione straniero muore. Prima di questa avevo fatto altre piccole campagne e questi avvisi uscivano sempre, è un bug o cosa? Ed essendo quasi intorno al 1190, è normale che non sia stata scoperta alcuna tecnologia? Neanche mandando ladri nelle altre città ne ottengo, mentre in un'altra campagna rubavo tecnologie normalmente. rafmc1989, hai qualche suggerimento a proposito? Ringrazio in anticipo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast