Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1126272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [DOWNLOAD] BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 - Download link and Translation

Default Re: [DOWNLOAD] BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 - Download link and Translation

The mongois is not playable, I put them on playable and when they invade I will be able to control them. Never tried it singlplayer campaign only hotseat campaign

I didn't mean that, to play with them but to make them more agile when they appear because they just stand still on the map, doing nothing for years, they should ravage eastern part of the map .

Can you create Megaupload download link ? or atleast put that torrent on normal page.

I actually like their movement restriction. It gives at least some time to prepare for eastern factions and they get their movement back after sometime. What i do not like though, is that they just capture first city they conquer instead of sacking him and continue further. because of that, they start loose their money and all mercenaries disband>rocket launchers, which makes them most terryfying thing. Also it makes them spread out instead of horde attack, making their composition rather regular and easily defeatable. that is my feeling about it.

Also about Bellum Crucis overall- I think that AI could be teached better in handling money. Whole game is just about few strong factions, while paradoxically, all italian factions( excluding venetia) are most passive ones, because AI just invest into land army and isn't able buy one ship, nor they are properly learner how to make naval invasion. But it isn't just about ships, they could also make their priests move more effectively, buy some merchants and agents overall. The map is just dead and empty excluding a few superpowers- usually Almohads, Imperials, byzantines, Egypt.

The vassals are also dead factions of no use excluding suck money from their script. They do not expand even there is a given chance and common enemy with their master. They can not rebel, when they become equal or better than their master in military score.

Bunch of game mechanics are just mystery. i do not know how to use them nor how to fire them up. They are probably broken and do not work which is pitty. Loans do not work for sure, jihads do not work yet for me and i begin to be out of ideas how to do one.

Special merchant/ pirate admirals are such restricted, that they are usefull just for few factions. Making the a city a capital just because of using this is economical suicide because of corrupcy.

About battlefield and balance. IMO they did almost a good job but still it seems to me they didn't do much work with unit skelet and because of that many units are having useless attack animations, which do nothing and thus making a significantly better unit( stat wise) almost equal in regard of casualties.

The game doesn't offer enough marriage proposals, thus after few hundred turns i am playing with regular FMs w/o those fancy traits. if i use trained princess for marriage, then it disappears from recruit options for some reason.

I understand that this mod has not been finished in its planned state and i am enjoying it regardless, but they could make work some core elements of a mod at least.

And to adition, jihad is turned off. descr_campaign_db says it clearly. Piety requirements for jihad is set to 999. Don't see reasons behind that, but anyway in next campaign i turn it on with same values like crusade has........ it was one of the things i looked forward to.
    Last edited by Maroslav; August 08, 2018 at 01:55 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Maroslav,
    could tell which faction have you played and what's your specific experience? More details would make a very interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    Also about Bellum Crucis overall- I think that AI could be teached better in handling money. Whole game is just about few strong factions, while paradoxically, all italian factions( excluding venetia) are most passive ones, because AI just invest into land army and isn't able buy one ship, nor they are properly learner how to make naval invasion. But it isn't just about ships, they could also make their priests move more effectively, buy some merchants and agents overall. The map is just dead and empty excluding a few superpowers- usually Almohads, Imperials, byzantines, Egypt.
    I think it's more about the money than using is wisely. I think a good scripting - as done by the EBII team - preventing AI from plunging into debt but also preventing from stockpiling large amounts of money is needed.

I am playing Abbasids. Try to RP the game so i do not storm the world and was trying to maintain peace untill i was forced to war. I have decided , that i let almohads win, who own almost half the map. But i have been attacked by ERE and they are such annoying, that i can't let this insult be. But about a gameplay. Crusade mechanics are somewhat weird and i don't know, which criteria AI makes while targeting a city. They absolutely do not care, that their sheep flock was almost wiped out first by HRE(schismatic), then Almohads took over everything. Some things are maybe improved in enhanced submod section, but back in Italian language.

EB2 is masterpiece not only in scripting. They have also almost eradicated all the CTD( never saw such a CTD free mod), but achieved reasonable all sided balance of the game, and only thing it lacks and they do not intend make it alive is diplomacy.

In BC the biggest concern i see is the CAI and diplomacy. The map is colourfull and seem to be rich and living at start, but it is only momentary impression. Everyone try ally with everyone. All italian factions ally and passive, out of money and Genoa+ pisa with most of their forces on Sardinia,Corsica unable to react to any aggresion. Sicilia out of money, allied with neigbours unable for naval invasion- loose their african holdings with no effort by almohads. HRE absolutely uncontested in their aggresion and expansion. Denmark allies, French senselessly weak and small- ganged up by every neighbour they had. Scotland passive and dead for almost 200 turns regardless of Engalnd giving them many opportunities to invade. Norway passive(once tried attack denmark- draw), Lithuania ganged up by Poland,Novgorod- enslaved by novgorod almost at start- dead faction. Novgorod has been destroyed by Suzdal after some time, but AI can not use this opportunity. Castile and Portugals roflstomped by almohads with no effort( can not speak on behalf of autobattle balance, but it is jsut weird) and stupid crusades on one and the same city (Urfa) made it only worse for them, sending their armies away. On the east was an AI somewhat more alive, regarding wars and aliances making more sense.

An AI has obviously much less problems make an aliance than a player , eventhou they are making it with faction they should destroy. Almohad will be superpower in every game, since the Italian factions, at least sicilians, who should somewhat offset their power and attack their uncontested african holdings are passive, and even when they still had a ship to reinforce their african holdings, they didn't.

Battlefield is somewhat balanced, except of senselessly overnerfed crossbows, untill the halberd militia comes in. After that no other infantry is needed, they are just broken.

Familly tree and marriage offers here are unbalanced. They do not offer enough marriages, almost none for male members and one damsel per(5?) turns is pittifull.

And offcourse , after many years spent with mtw2, i would still kill a CA memebr , who implemented Loyal to coin trait.
    I am never more impressed, than seeing AI merchant traveling on their own resource, trading it for thousands and having gracefull traveler, while my own merchant, looking for furs leather and amber and spend almost half of his lifetime traveling, get loyal to coin once he sit on resource. But i know this isn't BC issue.
    Last edited by Maroslav; August 17, 2018 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks, Maroslav, very interesting.
    I've played BC 6.3 a few years ago and I had also qualms about the CAI, but I'd experienced something different: playing Poland, after the initial 30-turn lull period, every neighbor attacked me instantly. There was no diplomacy whatsoever.
    It's a pity as the mod is quite rich in features that provide for a better immersion.

Diplomacy is another thing. AI won't accept ceasefire even with very generous conditions.

I can't get how i should handle loyalty of family members from other houses than royal one. Whatever i do, it doesn't help. Let them educate, giving them cities, let them marry royal princes/ damsel(which also give them royal ties trait) absolutely won't help. They are getting every ing trait regarding loyalty loose. Also leading them back into capital to attend court with high authority king doesn't help. So i wonder, what works and how in this mod.

They did (at least they say) one of the most trait/anciliary complicated mod available, yet they left it for 2/tpy and everything seem to be just random rather than under players control.
    From maybe 15 family members i have at 70 turn with Sicily, i can use for military matters just 4(- king which should stay at capital for controling those unloyal idiots which don't really work), but i have war front with Fatimids, Almohads, Venetia and it seems as soon as i become neigbour to HRE, also with them. So rather than writing manual( which is still in Italian language ), where mented content works maybe for 50% from what i know yet, or at least random and absolutely uncontrolable( if it works as intended i do not understand how i should find a joy in that), they could polish those features.

EB2 share some ideas with this mod(not meant like they copied it),regarding roleplay traits and features. They are too harsh and blitz preventing, but there at least a player know from where they come and how counter them. Well, not all times but mostly, yes.
    Last edited by Maroslav; August 23, 2018 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    I can't get how i should handle loyalty of family members from other houses than royal one. Whatever i do, it doesn't help. Let them educate, giving them cities, let them marry royal princes/ damsel(which also give them royal ties trait) absolutely won't help. They are getting every ing trait regarding loyalty loose. Also leading them back into capital to attend court with high authority king doesn't help. So i wonder, what works and how in this mod.

They did (at least they say) one of the most trait/anciliary complicated mod available, yet they left it for 2/tpy and everything seem to be just random rather than under players control. .
    You mean something like this guide?
    Concerning blitz-prevention, feel free to criticize here ;-)
    Anyway, I indeed think that the amount of time invested in this mod (BC7.0) is staggering, and it's really sad that at the end only some effort and expertise was needed to make it great - yet, it didn't happen... So many great mods were developed but stopped at some point.

Sorry man, i don't want offend your work on all of that, but everything i read there is about having high statues, not how to get them. Piety, Loyalty.... Do not visit developed cities because your generals can get negative traits(at least if they are unloyal). And what the piety have to do with being a good administrator/ governon at all? Being a person who incline to math and enjoy a good outcome of his taxing,farming,mining, trading should be a just loyal IMHO to get over those yields into king's treasury. But then again, how to get loyal general in BC? Royal family is ofcourse loyal, but it doesn't prevent them from getting negative government traits. Why? Why all of them get extravagant trait line? Why many of them get traits decreasing yields into the level, that it even doesn't pay off having them there? Because at a start of campaign i disband all of the starting peasants and just build infrastructure, making money to reserves, because in BC there is 30(?) turn of world peace at start. Also every one of my merchant got embezzeler and some of laters one, before war begun and i had up to 200K of credits, shady dealer aswell. unluck? do not think so. Either this game, or this mod, has a punishing mechanics for being succesfull strategist and having rich good country.
    Few days before i have played Abbasids, and i was in huge debts once their hero appeared on the map, because it totaly unbalanced my economy and i didn't have hearth to disband his troops. No of my generals had those up mented traits. Yes i have had loyalty issues with secondary houses too, but not so huge, none of them declined to 0 loyalty. Once i became a rich in Ab. game, they started get those traits too. So where is that factor of handling a generals and being rewarded for a good administrative overall.
    I thought, that they loose loyalty because they don't do for what they have been educated to. But they feel unappreciated, disrespected anyway. Now i am thinking about quiting my Sicilian campaign and try that rafm submod, despite it is still partially in Ita language. I agree that they may become somewhat spoilt, while a kingdom is prosperous and rich, but to become almost a rule for it, it is a little exagerated.

I can not express my anger on BC devs that they quited development before finishing it, because this mod simply breath with deepest immersion over all mods i have played. Broken Crescent has nice units, is aimed on the east part of the world, but it miss proper roleplay features(can not get BUff and shine work). Stainless Steel, at least last version i have played, has done a good job with traits, map but due to no reskin of units it has vanila like outfit( but it would be unfait to judge it since it past a long time i played it). Deus lo Vult with BB submod is really nice one, with one of the best battlefield Ai i have seen(this unfortunetely doesn't apply also for CAI, since Ai just can't handel permanent forts), but its exagerated dificulty makes this mod playable not for all players(i am one of them). BC seemed to be a good compromise between dificulty and entertainment, but its unfinished state prevents it to become a greatest mod of medieval times( it could still be in row with EB2, can't speak for TATW as i didn't play it). pitty.

To be clear. The thing i am currently angry on, is that in a game which is only about click here and click there, there should be appropriately explained a features, clearly, with no tricks, with some random effects for each campaign. So for the player, if he plays for example two games with sicilians in a row, there should be no guarantee that it is always best choice to play with initial Al'tavilla royal house as royal. Some effects with which removing them crown and giving it to other of important house would be beneficial, or eliminate them with hangman. But also guarantee a player, that this won't eliminate one of the unique feature from his campaign.

Also, balance of units. I am sorry that i write this in chaos order, but i just write a things in an order in which i am get them. So, half of a units are absolutely useless, not just a crossbows which i mentioned before. Even Ai considers them useless and never recruit them. In comparison with mod EB2( i was tempted to write ,,like EB2 mods'' but there is nothing like EB2 out- because their team is allive, they still work, tehy still balance out they still do), where each unit has its place and can still be used in any battle of any scale( because of their hitpoints and relatively slow pace of battles, even militia can be used as meat shield which tire enemy units and do some minor loses) and is relevant its price. But most of everything, it is balance strenght-wise. In BC, many units are absolutely out of controll(like every unit having pike/ spear wall formation), but also units, which makes auto battles unbalanced while performing absolutelly utterly on battlefield(like my Bodyguard unit+ spears vs almohad crossbows and spears was 3:1, like really? real casualties were 3 men, and even without navigating and flanking, it couldn't end otherwise).But otherwise, many units just do not reach their respective stas on battlefield, because their skeletons and unit formations were not utilizes enough. I do not want make an advertisment for EB2, but they just deserve it. Any mod out of this game should be compared to best mod ever. Some of them didn't have so high ambitions so it would be unfair treat them on a same level but still, some did and this is one of them. i know, that compare alive mod with dead one is unfair itself but, i can't help myself. It is crucial, if one sees, what can be done with even bad scripts and all, and he knows, even against every obstacle, it can be done. It is one of my deepest wishes, that best of aůů modders get together, and do best, most balanced, with every feature on, mod which will live eternal life.

So, in the end, what i am trying to say, even bad in english and with few whiskey is, that only mod which pays off to play is EB2, BECAUSE------ Adult members of the dev team work on it. Because they will finish their
    job regardless of your opinion on which gameplay features should look like what, but they still finish their job. I have impresion they will finish their job because they enjoy it, regardless of whatever. THEY WILL MOVE ON. And that is something, what maybe 95% of mods won't ever have. A TEAM!!!!!!

By the way. i have found this site. Would be gratefull if someones who knows problematic can quickly go trough and elaborate, if those information are true w/o any intervention. https://www.honga.net/totalwar/trait...ge=3&encode=en

There are capital distance treshholds. I would like to know how am i supposed to know this value? is that distance capital value from settlement overview? Also if a trait has more triggers than one, do all of them need to be true or just one of them to make a check? And also if it is possible to negate negative traits with possitive ones?( like removing feels unappreciated by its anthinomy). Also do the triggers with a same condition stacking? like with aesthetic trait, where it has a chance of 3% for 50k, 100K,150K for each?

So, as i see it, most of economic negative traits, aside from inherit it from father, which has really high chance upon coming of age, there are really many triggers due to adopt someone or get someone into family branch from outside(which is slightly unfair if generals marrying their sisters come into account). But overall it is about do just one step outside a city and go back for atleast a little decrease % chance which is already high if everything is taken into account. Most of idiotic and nonsese things are those being rich, like getting alltogether +- 10% on top of everything just because you are doing well.
    Last edited by Maroslav; August 24, 2018 at 07:59 AM.

why is this mod so slow?

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I've been looking for the mod that i could call the definitive medieval mod, and from those that i have been looking on i think that this one is the best.
    I have seen many saying that Bulat Steel is the best, but upon looking into it i have to disagree.

There is still some things that i still have issues with this mod, but i believe that the enhanced mod and other submods might fix the most part.
    I don't know if there is any new tranlations, but the one of the official 7.0 is really bad.
    I also think that there should be a way for pretenders of noble daughters or adopted generals should have their own noble houses. There are so many of them documented that i think someone should do a submod of that.

Does anybody know from what movies/tv shows is battle music from?
    I recognize some of them but a particular tune is driving me nuts and I can't find it anywhere on the net.

Hi ! I have a problem when downloading from the Media Fire website, the file "bellum crucis 7_setup.7z.009" does not download... Can you help me?
    http://www.mediafire.com/download_re...n=server_error

Quote Originally Posted by Darckraii View Post
    Hi ! I have a problem when downloading from the Media Fire website, the file "bellum crucis 7_setup.7z.009" does not download... Can you help me?
    http://www.mediafire.com/download_re...n=server_error
    Problem resolved

Will be BC version 8?

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Is the agent fix still needed for the Enhanced submod?
    Last edited by Elendil 03; February 18, 2019 at 05:26 PM.

Libertus

uhmm can't seem to unzip the files. I get a can not open the arhive. I'm using 7 zip. dead files?

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

You may only open the first of the files and solely if the other ones are in the same folder.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

Need a torrent for this.......