Thread: musket sounds?

vyrille's Avatar Libertus

Default musket sounds?

i have created musket units in RTW, but they have archer-y sounds. has anyone have experience in giving them musket sounds? i mean the muskets firing, not their voices. thank you!

Default Re: musket sounds?

i just managed to do it. but now the musketeers have both archers AND muskets sound effects when firing. mm. i tried changing the animation name trigger by renaming it in the skeleton file AND the animations pack file. both sounds still trigger though. perhaps i could just make the musket sounds louder so it covers the bow sounds...

okay got it. if anyone's interested it's the desc_sounds_units_fire file. you have to separate the musketmen from the general "missile" type similar to what's done for slingers. that's all~

Ok I am interested

This question is related to Medieval 2 but I think it works the same way.

Does the sound files descriped in desc_sounds_units_fire trigger from the skeleton files that are presented in the battle_models?

Because we have Greek Fire unit on a horse and it is using skeleton of MTW2_CR_Arquebus (reiters in SS6.2). And when they "shoot" fire we can hear musket shooting. So do we have to make a new identical skeleton (copy it), but with different name, so we can add the right sound?

Also our slingers sound now like they are shooting naffas
    Last edited by Darth Red; September 25, 2014 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adre View Post
    Does the sound files descriped in desc_sounds_units_fire trigger from the skeleton files that are presented in the battle_models?
    As far as i can tell, the descr_sounds_units_fire trigger from the event that triggers from the skeleton. I may be wrong, but you may also have to add an entry for your sound event trigger in descr_sounds_units_anim to refer which animation phase in the skeleton to associate the sound trigger and then a sound bank entry in descr_sounds_units_fire to refer which units can use the sound when firing in particular.

Because we have Greek Fire unit on a horse and it is using skeleton of MTW2_CR_Arquebus (reiters in SS6.2). And when they "shoot" fire we can hear musket shooting. So do we have to make a new identical skeleton (copy it), but with different name, so we can add the right sound?
    You may do that; or, if you have the skeleton to text converter (refer here), you may simply edit the sound event so that it triggers your new sound instead of the original arquebus sound.

Also our slingers sound now like they are shooting naffas
    Did you replace the sound file for the slingers or just the entry?

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

http://www.4shared.com/archive/4WwX2HCvba/SYW.html (just look in the animations folder, and choose your skeleton of choice for the muskets).

I just saved you a few days work

as to the naffatun having separate sounds: just grab the latest skeleton to text converter. you need to unfortunately change the skeleton's information, add its own set of sound files, then edit descr_sounds_animations to make sure it plays the right sounds.

alternately, send me the skeleton for the naffatun, and I'll change it for you.
    Last edited by Gen.jamesWolfe; November 11, 2014 at 07:24 PM.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)