Thread: Buying Medieval 2 just to play EB2: Questions

Default Buying Medieval 2 just to play EB2: Questions

So I decided that it's worth it to buy Medieval 2 for the sake of EB2. I am not sure, however, which version of Medieval 2 to buy. So here are my questions.
    1. Do I need to have Medieval 2 Kingdoms expansion? That would mean I have to buy Medieval 2 on Steam first then buy the expansion right?
    2. Does EB2 work on Steam?
    3. If it works on Steam, could somebody provide step by step instructions on installing every part needed to fully enjoy EB2?
    Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Buying Medieval 2 just to play EB2: Questions

Also, few last questions:
    Q: Is EB2 going to be for the Kingdoms expansion?
    A: Yes, EB2 will be designed for Kingdoms and will only work with the Kingdoms expansion, patched to 1.05.
    Apparently, the kingdoms expansion's factions are sold separately. Do I have to buy all of them or can I simply buy one to play EB2?
    5. Is 1.05, the latest version of M2TW Kingdoms?

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Yes you need kingdoms though you'd be better off buying the gold edition or steam collection, both of which include the original game and kingdoms. If you look around you can find it cheap. It does indeed work with steam. The installer was designed to work with both so just run the installer and you will have a shortcut for the steam version. The different campaigns of Kingdoms are installed separately but all will be included in Kingdoms. And finally yes i think 1.05 in the right version of Kingdoms

btw you should have read the FAQ before asking i think all of those question were covered, but i decide i'd just answer it for you anyways
    Last edited by texoman81; September 14, 2014 at 03:03 AM.

On steam, you can get the Medieval Total War 2 Collection, which includes kingdoms and is cheaper than getting them separately.

This collection version is also available through other retailers.

Edit: What Texoman said. Well ninja'd, sir.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Iguanaonastick View Post
    On steam, you can get the Medieval Total War 2 Collection, which includes kingdoms and is cheaper than getting them separately.

This collection version is also available through other retailers.

Edit: What Texoman said. Well ninja'd, sir.
    yep i'm a regular arcani

You must have Kingdoms. You get this either through buying M2TW on Steam (yes EB2 works on Steam), two separate discs (1. M2TW and 2. Kingdoms), or M2TW Gold edition by either disc or a number of digital download outlets.

Depending on your source, you may have to update to 1.05. I think it updates automatically on Steam, otherwise you'll have to update. Yes, 1.05 is the latest version. It can be hard to know which version of the 1.05 patch to use - you need to choose the same region as your CD's region. You should Google for how to find out which one you need.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Oh ok, thanks everyone!