Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reconquista Total War (Spanish Project)

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Default Reconquista Total War (Spanish Project)

I'm proud to announce you Reconquista TW. Old users can probably remember Hereje and I started a project about Spanish Reconquista 5 or 6 years ago, and even had an own sub-forum in this site. Anywar, due to several problems, we had to leave the project. Fortunately, some days ago I took again this project (now with the help of Miguel80tp and some other users from the Spanish Community Total War Spain).

This is a mod for Medieval 2 TW Kingdoms that focuses on the Spanish Reconquest of the Iberian Peninsula, but also provides some extra scenarios, like the French crusade against the cathar county of Toulouse or the 100 years war in southern France. The mod starts the year 1065 in the age of Taifa kingdoms and goes until the year 1492 (end of Spanish Reconquista). I'm going to sum up the most significative data:

Map

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Factions

Muslim Factions - Taifas of Zaragoza, Toledo, Badajoz, Sevilla, Granada, Córdoba, Almería and Dénia
    Christian Kingdoms - Kingdom of Castilla, León, Galicia, Condado Portucalense, Pamplona, Aragón, County of Barcelona and County of Urgell
    Gaullic factions - County of Toulouse
    Non playable- Duchy of Aquitaine, Papal States
    Emerging factions - Almoravid Empire, Almohad Empire, Kingdom of Portugal, Kingdom of Castilla y León, Kingdom of Navarra, Crown of Aragón, Kingdom of France, Kingdom of England

The mod also features five religions: catholicism, catharism, orthodoxy, islam and judaism

Campaign Script

Reconquista uses a very interesting campaign script that will make the game more fun and exciting to play (notice that not all the scripts have been finished yet). A few details about it are:

• Languages

In Reconquista: Total War, we have added 9 available languages. Every strat city & castle will have the name in his local language in that moment. Every enclave changes between 2 and 5-6 possibilities of renaming.

• El Cid Campeador

El Cid will appear on the campaign as general of the Kingdom of Castile. This character will have two paths to follow. The first one: an event will appear in which you'll be able to choose (being the human player) if El Cid continues as general or exile him pleading that he keeps the parias (tribute) in name of Castile. If he stays with Castile he will follow your orders until he rebels and appears as independent in Valencia, creating his own kingdom. But if you send him into exile, El Cid will go to the Taifa of Zaragoza with his men. In this case, if you were commanding this faction you would be able to accept his services, or say no, which will lead the character to the conquest of Valencia and the creation of a new state. If he is accepted in Zaragoza he will rebel as well, and disappear after some turns.

• Religious & military orders (Not finished yet)

The Templars will appear as an option for all the Christian faction on the map. Accept their arrival to your kingdom is your choice. If you accept you'll be able to buil their headquarters. Only then you'll be able to recruit Templar units for quite a high price. After that you'll always have the option of sending them into exile by destroying their headquarters. The same will happen with the Knights Hospitaller. But with the Knights of Santiago it is different, only the faction owning Santiago will be able to recruit units from them. Each order will be available the historical day of its foundation.

• Kingdom of Portugal

After the Treaty of Zamora, the Condado Portucalense (Portuguese County), becomes the Kingdom of Portugal in the year 1143.

• Castilla & León

It can only be formed by the factions of Leon and Castile. Therefore both Castile and Leon must finish with Galicia and conquer certain regions of its opponent (Castile against Leon, Leon against Castile) in order to claim the throne from the other.

• Crown of Aragón

It can only be formed by the factions of Barcelona or Urgel with the Kingdom of Aragon. First, one of the two counties will have to face the one another to gain control over all Catalunya. The stronger of both will have to conquer several territories and finally propose Aragon the dynastic union. In order to make this union the Catalan county and Aragon will have to be allies.

• Crown of Aragón & Sicilia

After unifying Aragon with no. of the Catalan counties and event will appear offering the player the possibility to conquer or not Sicily. Depending on the election the faction will get new units coming from Italia, or not. The recruitment cost and the money we have at our disposal will be the factors making use decide. If the player accepts the Sicilian heraldry will also appear on the faction's shield and flags.

• Catarism and the French crusade

Being Toulouse a cathar faction it will get the opportunity of accepting the Pope's petition, of converting to Catholicism or not. If this is not accepted Toulouse will stay cathar for ever but will suffer from the an invasion of French crusaders, ready to eradicate the heresy. In the other side, being cathar will have its advantages, also quite interesting. If it accept being catholic it will be able to recruit priests, and France will appear later on coming from the North.

• Almoravid & Almohade Invasion

The Almoravid invasion will happen on its historical year. To begin with, it will start conquering the Northeast of Africa and get to Gibraltar. When it gets there it will start conquering Taifa by Taifa, just like they did. In other words, if they conquered Sevilla on the year 1091, all the Taifa will stay under Almoravid control. If the human player controls one of the taifas, all will fall but his. Afterwards Almohads will do the same as the Almoravids, but in this case all the Almoravid domains will become part of the Almohad realm.

• The Hundred Years War

Aquitaine is an independent duchy, but will have the option of becoming vassal and become part of the English domains. If it accepts, its heraldry and units will change. Afterwards, with France's arrival, the 1000 Years War will be declared and you'll enter the conflict against France. Aquitaine will receive new units from England to combat the French armies, and France will get troops from the North. If Aquitaine decides to continue independent, when the 100 Years Wars comes, a new event will appear asking you what side you'd like to aid. Whatever becomes your ally England will get territory on the Southwest of France.

• Navas de Tolosa Battle

With the Almohads on the Peninsula, a great battle will be fought on the South. Every Christian kingdom will have the option of joining the event. If you decide to aid the Christians, you'll possibly get money, allies and experience. And if not (joining will take a lot of money) the campaign will continue as normal. If the player decides to go, an army will instantly appear near Navas de Tolosa. Just in front the almohad armies, which will be waiting. The end of the battle will make the Kingdom of Pamplona change or not its heraldy and name (for Kingdom of Navarre).

• Western Schism

In a certain year the western schism will appear, with which every faction will be able to choose between the Pope of Rome or the Pope of Avignon (emergent faction on campaign).

• Orthodox Conversion of Crown of Aragón (Not done yet)

The Crown of Aragon got to Neopatria, in Greece, and therefore will have the possibility to bring special greek units to the Peninsula. But due to this the Orthodox cult will increase. If it reaches important the faction will be able of converting to the Orthodox Church. This is a good way of stopping revolts and making people happier if the level of Orthodox Christianity is very high.

• The Nazarí Kingdom of Granada (Not done yet)

If Granada is under Almohad control, in a certain turn, nazari troops will appear on the campaign, rebelling against the great empire and establishing the Nazari Kingdom of Granada. If the player is in command of the Taifa of Granada and doesn't hold Granada in that moment, the Nazari Kingdom appears, bit if the player does own that region, the kingdom won't appear.
    Every Christian and Muslim faction will have the option (only at cities) of building Jewish buildings. These increase the income of the location, lets you recruit merchants and give happiness. But the Judaism cult increases as well Pero, and therefore if you use a lot these series of buildings, the Christian population's happiness can decrease, revolt and even rebel. You must choose really good when you build a Jewish building and choose a good governor who knows how to manage the place and its Jew population. If you want to avoid rebellions there are two options. The first one, expel the Jews (via script), which will cause some happiness decrease during some turns. Or second, converting to Judaism, without depending on your faction. But you'll have to be careful, as that could make relations with other factions worse and make you the objective of a papal crusade of Avignon, along with other Christian factions.

The mod also feactures some historical battles, like battle of Zalaca and brings more new features, like the existance of muslim princesses, and more historical characters, like the king James I of Aragon (original work of CeltiberoRamiroI:

BETA VERSION

The beta version (for the moment only in Spanish) is already available in Total War Spain forums.

You can also check the mod's article in TWC Wiki.

MODDERS RECRUITMENT

If you like this project and are interested in helping us, we would be really grateful. Right now, we need:

-2D artists and texturers
    -3D modellers (if possible also with knowledge of animations)
    -Historians interested in making historic events
    -Anyone interested in translating the mod from Spanish to English

Thank you for your help
    Last edited by Polpolgio; October 30, 2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: I have extended the main preview

Slurm's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Reconquista Total War (Spanish Project)

Nice project, it seems the most completed mod about reconquista of all already released, buem trabajo!

Centenarius

Great! good work guys

assurbanippal's Avatar Biarchus

looks like a great mod , keep it up

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Page-48/page48

Manus supra idolum age primum et septimum de QuatuoR

Well done hopefully you guys can find help for the units

Sounds like an interesting setting to play

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

We are going to release a patch soon that repairs some of the bugs found in the first (beta) version and adds all the unit cars that were lacking. It will also include some surprises, like few new units and new scripts. Here you have an image of the Almohad Nobles.

I will keep you informed. The english translation will also come soon.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Congratulacion! espero que salga bien! Hace mucho que quieria una mod sobre la Reconquista!

Good news Polpol ! nice work

See more about Tierra Santa TW and other projects in Discord
    Join the official Discord server of the mod: https://discord.gg/u6VFKgDzpX
    Download TSTW here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/tierra-santa-tw-mod
    Rise of Quetzal TW (WIP) in https://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-quetzal-tw

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

The first patch that solves some of the problems the first beta showed is already released. It basically fixes the bug of muslim captains in battle map, the bug of the flags in city squares of the battle map and adds more unit cards and mercenaries, though there are still missing some unit cards and some areas are still lacking mercenaries (due to my professional career I can't continue modding everyday, so I have decided to upload this patch now). I will focus the next version basically in adding new units and mercenaries.

The patch also adds to the game some new scripts thanks to Miguel80tp, one of them allows the player to choose their faction heir and another one to represent the expulsion of jewish communities.

Just substitude the current files you have in the mod for the ones which come in the patch. I hope you like it.

the reconquista mod is very wonderfull (map faction and events), but i think it lacks units for each faction,and when i try to conquer Qaramona i spent 2 turns before i reach it from cordoba.
    will be another version v2?

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by alnasser View Post
    the reconquista mod is very wonderfull (map faction and events), but i think it lacks units for each faction,and when i try to conquer Qaramona i spent 2 turns before i reach it from cordoba.
    will be another version v2?
    Sure! We are going to release a new version about mids of this month that will include a more historically accurate roster for some factions (specially Almoravids and Almohads), cathar units and not cathar units for Toulouse, late era units for all factions (Arquebusiers, Hand Gunners, Pikemen...), scripts for parias and will also add two historical battles (Zalaca and Navas de Tolosa), among many other news and bug fixes.

it's a very good news.i'm very happy .
    why not devide the campgane to sub campagns :
    - Caliphat periode before the taifas period
    - Taifas period and Almoravids invasion
    - Almohads Invasion and overthrow of the almoravides
    - marinid Invasion and overthrow of the Almohads and the rise of the nazarids

will be another new unit for the andalucians (arab and muwaladis, berber and slaves) factions ?

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Yes yes yes yes!!! I was waiting for your mod for a long time!!!

Ya era hora!!! pero bueno, mas vale tarde que nunca!!! a probarlo se ha dicho!!! xD

Muchísimas Gracias, me habeis alegrado la tarde!!! :-)

Sincerely I hope your mod be as stunning and complex with future updates as Bellum Crucis is!!!

I wish you good luck and more modders to unite your wonderful project!!!

BTW: You should do a bigger preview, something that make people here become interested!!! and then modders will come and help!!!

I found this by coincidence... so I´m sure a lot of people know nothing about this...
    Last edited by LordKainES; October 28, 2014 at 04:35 AM.

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

do you need any help? I can help on translations if you want or historical information...
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

I have already edited the main post in order to make this mod more attractive.

@Stavros_Kalmpou your help would be really welcome. We are already developping an English translation, anyway, you could really help us with historical events.

@LordKainES I have already done a bigger preview, taking the information from the TWC wiki page. Anyway, when the mod is more developped I will contact the responsible person to see if we can have a subforum for this mod.

@alnasser I planned a second campaign starting about the year 1230, with the appearance of James I of Aragon as a custom character. Maybe in the future, I decide to add still more campaigns, but at the moment, I prefer to focus on making a good single campaign.

Here you have a preview of James I (original work of CeltiberoRamiroI:

Quote Originally Posted by Polpolgio View Post
    I have already edited the main post in order to make this mod more attractive.

@Stavros_Kalmpou your help would be really welcome. We are already developping an English translation, anyway, you could really help us with historical events.

@LordKainES I have already done a bigger preview, taking the information from the TWC wiki page. Anyway, when the mod is more developped I will contact the responsible person to see if we can have a subforum for this mod.

@alnasser I planned a second campaign starting about the year 1230, with the appearance of James I of Aragon as a custom character. Maybe in the future, I decide to add still more campaigns, but at the moment, I prefer to focus on making a good single campaign.

Here you have a preview of James I (original work of CeltiberoRamiroI:

OK! Tell me in which period of time you are lacking information and on which faction?
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

It would be really interesting to announce events which happen in the rest of Europe. For example, I already added the conquest of England and Sicily by the normans, but I would like to include other historic events about the crusades or about the most important events that took place during the middle ages in Europe, and also in the Middle East or Far East.

I can send them to you via message if you would want. I have thought of the Great Schism(1054), the First Crusade(1096-99) and some more. If you want, I will send a detailed text which describes the event in a message. Send me a private message if you would like my help. Because I am not good at scripting, I don't know if it is possible for different texts to appear of the same event(for example if you can make 2 scripts, one which applies to Muslims, one to Christians) so if it is, I will provide you with multiple texts from different perspectives of the historical event)
    Last edited by Stavros_Kalmpou; November 02, 2014 at 11:11 AM.
    For the Sake of Love

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros_Kalmpou View Post
    I can send them to you via message if you would want. I have thought of the Great Schism(1054), the First Crusade(1096-99) and some more. If you want, I will send a detailed text which describes the event in a message. Send me a private message if you would like my help. Because I am not good at scripting, I don't know if it is possible for different texts to appear of the same event(for example if you can make 2 scripts, one which applies to Muslims, one to Christians) so if it is, I will provide you with multiple texts from different perspectives of the historical event)
    Yes, any faction can receive an event message or another one depending which is its religion. The mod starts in 1065, so Great Schism would not affect it. Anyway, you can PM me with info for events about the First Crusade or other events which took place later. I would really appreciate your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast