Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Ah, didn't leave for it 30 minutes - I'll try to see if it resolves.

Rosbjerg's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Gave it 50 minutes, no change.

Tried a different save as well and progress to the same turn number, same result..

Hello,

When I was playing a makedonian campaign, I think that I have find a mistake in the campaign_script.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;; When the Makedonia or Epeiros takes Thermon, the other will declare war ;;

; Makedonia captures Thermon

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement FactionType f_makedonia
    and SettlementName sett_084 ; Thermon
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction f_epeiros != AtWar ; Makedonia and Epeiros are not already at war
    if I_TurnNumber > 99 ; a time-out when the "friendly" period of the CAI ends
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    if I_IsFactionAIControlled f_makedonia ; AI version
    console_command diplomatic_stance f_makedonia f_epeiros war
    set_faction_standing f_makedonia f_epeiros -0.5
    set_faction_standing f_epeiros f_makedonia -0.5
    console_command diplomatic_stance f_makedonia f_kh war
    set_faction_standing f_makedonia f_kh -0.5
    set_faction_standing f_kh f_makedonia -0.5
    end_if
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled f_makedonia ; player version
    console_command diplomatic_stance f_kh f_epeiros allied
    set_faction_standing f_kh f_epeiros 0.3
    set_faction_standing f_epeiros f_kh 0.3
    historic_event HE_ATHENAI_MEANS_WAR factions { f_makedonia, } ; notification for the player
    end_if
    end_monitor

; Epeiros captures Thermon

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement FactionType f_epeiros
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction f_makedonia != AtWar ; Makedonia and Epeiros are not already at war
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    if I_IsFactionAIControlled f_epeiros ; AI version
    console_command diplomatic_stance f_epeiros f_makedonia war
    console_command diplomatic_stance f_epeiros f_kh war
    set_faction_standing f_epeiros f_kh -0.5
    set_faction_standing f_kh f_epeiros -0.5
    end_if
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled f_epeiros ; player version
    console_command diplomatic_stance f_kh f_makedonia allied
    set_faction_standing f_kh f_makedonia 0.3
    set_faction_standing f_makedonia f_kh 0.3
    historic_event HE_ATHENAI_MEANS_WAR factions { f_epeiros, } ;
    end_if
    end_monitor

Should it be "HE_THERMON_MEANS_WAR" instead of "HE_ATHENAI_MEANS_WAR" ?

Quote Originally Posted by torf View Post
    Hello,

When I was playing a makedonian campaign, I think that I have find a mistake in the campaign_script.

;; When the Makedonia or Epeiros takes Thermon, the other will declare war ;;

; Makedonia captures Thermon

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement FactionType f_makedonia
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction f_epeiros != AtWar ; Makedonia and Epeiros are not already at war
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    if I_IsFactionAIControlled f_makedonia ; AI version
    end_if
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled f_makedonia ; player version
    console_command diplomatic_stance f_kh f_epeiros allied
    set_faction_standing f_kh f_epeiros 0.3
    set_faction_standing f_epeiros f_kh 0.3
    historic_event HE_ATHENAI_MEANS_WAR factions { f_makedonia, } ; notification for the player
    end_if
    end_monitor

; Epeiros captures Thermon

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement FactionType f_epeiros
    and DiplomaticStanceFromFaction f_makedonia != AtWar ; Makedonia and Epeiros are not already at war
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    if I_IsFactionAIControlled f_epeiros ; AI version
    end_if
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled f_epeiros ; player version
    console_command diplomatic_stance f_kh f_makedonia allied
    set_faction_standing f_kh f_makedonia 0.3
    set_faction_standing f_makedonia f_kh 0.3
    historic_event HE_ATHENAI_MEANS_WAR factions { f_epeiros, } ;
    end_if
    end_monitor

Should it be "HE_THERMON_MEANS_WAR" instead of "HE_ATHENAI_MEANS_WAR" ?
    Good catch, that is indeed a typo.

I just realized that the fishing port in the most northern Baltic Province (Merimekhe) is displayed as a steppe nomadic port rather than a Barbarian port. Is this intended or just a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by (:Baktra:) View Post
    I just realized that the fishing port in the most northern Baltic Province (Merimekhe) is displayed as a steppe nomadic port rather than a Barbarian port. Is this intended or just a mistake?
    Do you mean the building card or the campaign map image?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Do you mean the building card or the campaign map image?
    Campaign map image. The port has yurts

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Some bugs and strange things spotted while playing EBII 2.3

Death is said 240, but in the EoY is 250. I've got no idea which is right.

Beastmaster actually gives discount for any unit, not only with animals (this is the problem of coding in EDCT).
    I actually think it's an overpowered ancillary.

You can recruit those guys if you beat in battle Greek forces. However, you can then abuse the system. Each time you retrain a unit here, the unit doesn't disappear. So this is an endless resource: once you get it, you may retrain forever (it disappears only if you recuit it).

I guess there's an error in the description - it perhaps should be -5% construction costs.

Pontos seems to recruit Mudunup a lot. Whole stacks with this unit.

A Sabean army spawned on an island - or transported here by a navy? Whatever, it's strange.
    Besides:
    - my generals would get many times the same trait (eg. Warlike +1 Command while attacking (after many battles); or: Attuned governor - a general wouldn't move and yet there'd be message of getting it);
    - the schooling traits wouldn't appear pretty never - a few of my young generals would sit for a number of years in a city with Akademia, and there'd no such trait gained;
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 04, 2018 at 11:04 PM.

crash - Seleukia - User- KingofPortugal.rar

Crash: when loading AI turn, around Bactria faction or Pahlava.

Turn 21

Tried to save in different files, didn't work. Tried attacking, disbanding, recruiting units,
    to see if something altered in the mechanics of the game, but it still crashed.

Please help.

Love this mod.

Had KH try to respawn in Korinthos (held by Epiros) whilst I (Pergamon) was sieging it. Rebel stack got placed outside it (presumably what was supposed to be the garrison), and both "faction comes back" & "faction destroyed" notifications were given.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Had KH try to respawn in Korinthos (held by Epiros) whilst I (Pergamon) was sieging it. Rebel stack got placed outside it (presumably what was supposed to be the garrison), and both "faction comes back" & "faction destroyed" notifications were given.
    The faction re-emergence scripting was completely re-written for v2.35, so you should not see an issue like this in the new version.
    EBII Council

Apologies if this has been answered—currently running 2.3, installation should be correct (not in steam program files, etc). I've gotten the same error on two separate computers now, both times playing as Rome. I'll play for a bit and then I'll typically get a CTD, but that can be resolved by going back to the previous autosave. However, when the game resumes, suddenly the provinces without a governor are reset to the old "automanage mode," which was not the setting I selected when I started the game. I would provide the logs but both crashes have not produced anything in the logs file (and yes, I've checked if the file settings are right).

Quote Originally Posted by 99KingHigh View Post
    Apologies if this has been answered—currently running 2.3, installation should be correct (not in steam program files, etc). I've gotten the same error on two separate computers now, both times playing as Rome. I'll play for a bit and then I'll typically get a CTD, but that can be resolved by going back to the previous autosave. However, when the game resumes, suddenly the provinces without a governor are reset to the old "automanage mode," which was not the setting I selected when I started the game. I would provide the logs but both crashes have not produced anything in the logs file (and yes, I've checked if the file settings are right).
    M2TW has a tendency to corrupt autosaves, which is why the mod turns that feature off in the .cfg settings file. The problem you describe is definitely not mod-related (automanage is a hardcode feature we don't control in any way), and probably related to the autosave.

Yes, that means you have to remember to save your games manually at certain points, but unfortunately there's no other option.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    M2TW has a tendency to corrupt autosaves, which is why the mod turns that feature off in the .cfg settings file. The problem you describe is definitely not mod-related (automanage is a hardcode feature we don't control in any way), and probably related to the autosave.

Yes, that means you have to remember to save your games manually at certain points, but unfortunately there's no other option.
    Terrific, and I hope you won't mind if I load on one more question. I know this problem has been brought up before, but I'm starting to get high frequency graphical crashes during battle loads (the infamous 'high graphics crash). I understand this has previously been identified as a memory problem, but I've got no discernible memory problems on two separate computers (again, this has occurred on both), and I'm wondering if any fixes have been conjured. This was not a problem I encountered in any pre-2.3 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by 99KingHigh View Post
    Terrific, and I hope you won't mind if I load on one more question. I know this problem has been brought up before, but I'm starting to get high frequency graphical crashes during battle loads (the infamous 'high graphics crash). I understand this has previously been identified as a memory problem, but I've got no discernible memory problems on two separate computers (again, this has occurred on both), and I'm wondering if any fixes have been conjured. This was not a problem I encountered in any pre-2.3 versions.
    2.3 is more memory-intensive than previous versions (and other mods). I'd suggest you follow the advice of the stickied thread in the main forum and research solutions to memory problems.

I don't know if you guys have noticed already but in my Carthaginian campaign, I'm in the year 160BC or something,during the campaign the ancilliaries for the FMs have been very hard to appear. I noticed that they appear more frequently in recruited generals/allied governors. In fact, only in 164 BC or something did one FM receibed the ancilliary Sacred Band Captain. It was the first time I saw that ancilliary, after like one hundred years in game time. Maybe increase the chance to receibe ancilliaries?

First really weird thing happening in my campaign, lol. Baktria in Spain!

The city was eleutheroi a dozen turns back, but im note entirely sure which faction they rebelled from.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post

First really weird thing happening in my campaign, lol. Baktria in Spain!

The city was eleutheroi a dozen turns back, but im note entirely sure which faction they rebelled from.
    Quintus extensively re-worked the re-emergence scripts for v2.35, so hopefully you won't see this sort of thing.
    EBII Council

Character of mine became both Appailing Builder AND excellent builder

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Long since fixed in 2.35 with our "anti-trigger" traits which remove double-appearances like that.