Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.2b has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by romulus_remus View Post
    i cant seem to run eb 2.2b to test if it works properly. i want to do this before i patch to the newest one per the instructions on the installation page.
    my setup:
    windows 10, 32-bit, steam installed in C:program files, games (mtw2, etc) installed on external hdd i keep plugged in via usb
    already did all of the rest of the instructions listed, but it crashes on launch.
    Attachment 345939
    You need to move it out of Program Files.

Default Re: v2.2b has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

move what out of program files? the steam installation?
    where do i move it too? my external hdd (where my mods & mtw2 installation is)?
    how do i do that? do i have to uninstall and reinstall it there?
    will this mess up any of the installation process i've done so far?

Quote Originally Posted by romulus_remus View Post
    move what out of program files? the steam installation?
    where do i move it too? my external hdd (where my mods & mtw2 installation is)?
    how do i do that? do i have to uninstall and reinstall it there?
    will this mess up any of the installation process i've done so far?
    As per the instructions in the 2.2b thread, you need to move your M2TW installation out of Program Files. It probably won't work properly there, and you definitely won't be able to patch it while it's in there.

Doesn't matter where to, though the shorter the path the better; make a C:\M2TW\ as the root folder to move to.

my mtw2 installation is out of program files.
    its located here: D:\SteamLibrary_External_HDD\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War which is on an external hdd.
    my steam installation is here: C:\Program Files\Steam

do you mean in need to move the steam installation out of program files to elsewhere on my C: drive for it to work?

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

water texture is kinda weird on 2.3

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

graphics is everything on max. And got it on campaign but also on custom battles.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post

graphics is everything on max. And got it on campaign but also on custom battles.
    Noted internally. Thanks for the report.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post

Have you tried changing the shader setting in your config? It'll be in your medieval2.preferences.cfg under [video] - change it to a different number.

eb.system.log.rar

Crash every time I try and load my only save, then tried to start a new campaign and crashing every time too.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    eb.system.log.rar

Crash every time I try and load my only save, then tried to start a new campaign and crashing every time too.
    At a first glance that log doesn't really say much, we're gonna need more context. I assume we're talking about a clean install? What faction are we talking about? Did the game start before?
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

eb.system.log.rar

There isn't even a terminating error in there. Have you changed any of the files since starting that game?

Nope, I didn't do anything other than exit, start the game and try to load the save (faction is Romani). I did do a clean install of med II before installing 2.3. It was working (had to reload the save a couple times from battle crashes), then all of the sudden stopped. I also tried starting a campaign with another faction (Makedonia), also crashes.

Can you go into your config, under [log] and move the # from the line ending error to the line ending trace, then run the game to get a new log?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Can you go into your config, under [log] and move the # from the line ending error to the line ending trace, then run the game to get a new log?
    eb.system.log.rar

Here it is.

eb.system.log.rar

Here it is.
    That didn't work - that's still the error-based log, instead of the trace one. The trace-based log is much bigger.

That didn't work - that's still the error-based log, instead of the trace one. The trace-based log is much bigger.
    level = * error
    #level = * trace

So it should look like that? That's what it looked like originally.

level = * error
    #level = * trace

So it should look like that? That's what it looked like originally.
    No, that's normal running. It should look like this:

#level = * error
    level = * trace

Then switch it back after you've got the new log.

No, that's normal running. It should look like this:

#level = * error
    level = * trace

Then switch it back after you've got the new log.
    eb.system.log.rar

Ok did that and here it is.

That's still the small log; are you accidentally uploading the wrong file?

That's still the small log; are you accidentally uploading the wrong file?
    Could it be because I have to use task manager to actually close the game every time it crashes? Because the log file won't update it seems.

Edit: Nevermind about the task manager, closed it with the X and didn't have to use task manager. I'm not sure why the file isn't updating, I tried deleting it as well and a new one isn't being generated. It should be popping up in this path right; steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\ebii\logs
    Last edited by Falco; October 19, 2017 at 04:07 PM.

That looks like the usual place, yeah. Sometimes it just gets super weird, and I know this sounds very IT Crowd-y, but I've rebooted after having a lot of crashes and things like 'why aren't you writing this file?!' get resolved, because whatever ghost of a program was still holding on to that file and preventing it from writing are cleared out.