Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Civis

Default Re: v2.2 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

I am at my wits end. I have tried over and over to download the mod to my desktop. I can't get the torrents to work, but I have downloaded from every other link at least half a dozen times. Every time I get EBII.zip I open it and find 3 bin files and nothing else. No installer and no EBII.exe. I search my computer and there is no EBII.exe to be found. Whether using 7zip or windows.

I have Windows 7. UAC is off. Norton Antivirus is off. I have 7zip. My game is on a different drive than program files. I am not a newbie at mods, I have been playing M2TW mods for years, including previous versions of EBII. I checked my installs of Stainless Steel and the Last Kingdom, and they are working fine. I have never had a problem downloading or installing a mod. I have read the directions over and over. I haven't had a windows update in months, after which I had no problem downloading or installing mods. Something is very wrong. This should be an absolute no brainer.

Civis

Default Re: v2.2 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Every time I extract EBII.zip I get 1 CRC failed : EBII\EBII-1c.bin

Quote Originally Posted by Dantman40 View Post
    I am at my wits end. I have tried over and over to download the mod to my desktop. I can't get the torrents to work, but I have downloaded from every other link at least half a dozen times. Every time I get EBII.zip I open it and find 3 bin files and nothing else. No installer and no EBII.exe. I search my computer and there is no EBII.exe to be found. Whether using 7zip or windows.

I have Windows 7. UAC is off. Norton Antivirus is off. I have 7zip. My game is on a different drive than program files. I am not a newbie at mods, I have been playing M2TW mods for years, including previous versions of EBII. I checked my installs of Stainless Steel and the Last Kingdom, and they are working fine. I have never had a problem downloading or installing a mod. I have read the directions over and over. I haven't had a windows update in months, after which I had no problem downloading or installing mods. Something is very wrong. This should be an absolute no brainer.
    Every time I extract EBII.zip I get 1 CRC failed : EBII\EBII-1c.bin
    Have you tried the non-installer version?

Civis

Yes. Same result. I have never seen anything like this. All I get are 3 bin files. Nothing else.

Yes. Same result. I have never seen anything like this. All I get are 3 bin files. Nothing else.
    That makes no sense, the non-installer version doesn't have bin files in it.

Civis

When I download the non installer version and try to open it with 7zip, I get Can not open file 'C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\EBII_noninstaller.7zip' as an archive

I have lifted and dropped several small objects to make sure gravity is functioning in my vacinity

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

I wonder if anyone here can help me - it's perhaps more of an overall M2TW problem, but it's one that bleeds through to this mod. Basically, I have no hud date.

When I start a new campaign it'll be there, for a few turns at least. Then it just vanishes. Every once in a blue moon it will reappear for a few turns, then it's gone again. Fortunately I can still check the date via the faction information scroll, but it's missing from my hud entirely. This seems to happen across all my mods. I believe it began when I was installing the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project, but I think it was my fault rather than that submod's. Certainly I've asked around their forum a few times now, and no one else has had this problem.

My .cfg files for each mod have: show_hud_date = 1. However, my medieval2.preference.cfg does not have that; there is no entry for show_hud_date at all. Might I fix this issue by adding it myself, somewhere? I notice that in my mod .cfg's the entry is under [misc] and the med2 preference cfg doesn't have that section at all; as such, I wouldn't know how or where to add it. I'm using notepad++.

Thank you for any help you guys are able to give.

When I download the non installer version and try to open it with 7zip, I get Can not open file 'C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\EBII_noninstaller.7zip' as an archive

I have lifted and dropped several small objects to make sure gravity is functioning in my vacinity
    I've run out of things to suggest, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    I wonder if anyone here can help me - it's perhaps more of an overall M2TW problem, but it's one that bleeds through to this mod. Basically, I have no hud date.

When I start a new campaign it'll be there, for a few turns at least. Then it just vanishes. Every once in a blue moon it will reappear for a few turns, then it's gone again. Fortunately I can still check the date via the faction information scroll, but it's missing from my hud entirely. This seems to happen across all my mods. I believe it began when I was installing the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project, but I think it was my fault rather than that submod's. Certainly I've asked around their forum a few times now, and no one else has had this problem.

My .cfg files for each mod have: show_hud_date = 1. However, my medieval2.preference.cfg does not have that; there is no entry for show_hud_date at all. Might I fix this issue by adding it myself, somewhere? I notice that in my mod .cfg's the entry is under [misc] and the med2 preference cfg doesn't have that section at all; as such, I wouldn't know how or where to add it. I'm using notepad++.

Thank you for any help you guys are able to give.
    Just add it to your medieval2.preferences.cfg as a [Misc] section - it may be overriding your EBII.cfg.

Civis

Sucess! I have no idea what I was doing wrong, but another attempt worked. Mod is installed. Balance has been restored and I now feel confidant in my ability to drive my car. I had been wondering if I had had some kind of stroke.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Just add it to your medieval2.preferences.cfg as a [Misc] section - it may be overriding your EBII.cfg.
    By Jove, I think that's cracked it! You marvellous human being, I love you.

is there an issue with wonders in 2.2a? look what my diplomat came across in Nabatea. the next turn it was gone.

with the fog on, i cannot see pyramids in Egypt discovered earlier. may have disappeared, too?

edit: forgot to mention. in descr_campaign_db i have
    Code:
            <destroy_empty_forts bool = "false"/>
            <can_build_forts bool="false"/>
    set to "true" to enable forts. may that be affecting the wonders?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Saba3.jpg   Saba4.jpg  
    Last edited by Sarkiss; June 09, 2016 at 05:07 PM.

Forts wont work. I believe they are used for wonders.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Sucess! I have no idea what I was doing wrong, but another attempt worked. Mod is installed. Balance has been restored and I now feel confidant in my ability to drive my car. I had been wondering if I had had some kind of stroke.
    That may have been an error on 7zips part, I've seen those sorts of shenanigans before unfortunately.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Forts wont work. I believe they are used for wonders.
    temporary forts work when files modified as above. there is an issue with the wonder outpost and i am not sure if enabling construction of temporary forts is in any way linked to it at all.

could someone clarify the idea behind the wonder outpost, please, what are they supposed to represent? i cannot imagine someone sitting outside the pyramids guarding them (if thats what was intended). thanks.

another issue. based on this and on a little further investigation, it turns out that the Mtskherta script isnt functioning.

i have now tried to attack the city directly (and before that rebel stack gets a chance to attacks me and get town garrison dragged in (potentially messing with the script/trigger?)), just to test if the script is working at all. the result is the same, no trigger whatsoever. playing 2.2a.

linked to the above, just tested and Iberia Rises event doesnt work either.
    there is that dodgy rebel stack present in Iberia from the start of the game, maybe thats the army that was supposed to have spawned?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    linked to the above, just tested and Iberia Rises event doesnt work either.
    there is that dodgy rebel stack present in Iberia from the start of the game, maybe thats the army that was supposed to have spawned?
    Gig found the issue, it's triggered by an assault (as in clicking that button to launch the last phase of a siege), and was using a faulty condition. Fixed in 2.2b.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Gig found the issue, it's triggered by an assault (as in clicking that button to launch the last phase of a siege), and was using a faulty condition. Fixed in 2.2b.
    thank you. i was wondering if it is possible to trigger it by besieging the town instead? I retested Iberia Rises, it works, which is great, it just takes more turns then i expected to kick in.

i find eb 2.2 too slow in turns and fight had lag while when i play original medieval or kingdoms i found no problems at all it's runs very smooth can anyone help please ?

Quote Originally Posted by enggraphice View Post
    i find eb 2.2 too slow in turns and fight had lag while when i play original medieval or kingdoms i found no problems at all it's runs very smooth can anyone help please ?
    EBII has a huge volume more content to process than vanilla does, course it's going to take longer to process turns.