Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.35A R3.5 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Galatian raids have a small scripting error which will be fixed soon. The logs mention a cache which this reddit post elaborates on https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._file_in_m2tw/

Try clicking the "verify cache" task in Steam.

As for the Batoroi, is it the battle model or the unit card? Both were recently changed. The battle model should look like the other units, but I agree that the Batoroi unit card is in a new "style" that contrasts with other groups of unit cards

Default Re: v2.35A R3.5 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    v2.35R3.5
    Taksashila, dont know which turn because I cant access the save in any way, hopefully the log is helpful, hard crash and ctd everytime I try to load the save. Probably in the 50s turn wise.
    I'm guessing you started a campaign then updated export_descr_building.txt in a breaking way through an update. You can't do that, you'll have to start a new campaign whenever you apply a large patch. You CAN make small edits to export_descr_buildings.txt though, if it's something like changing which units are available

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    As for the Batoroi, is it the battle model or the unit card? Both were recently changed. The battle model should look like the other units, but I agree that the Batoroi unit card is in a new "style" that contrasts with other groups of unit cards
    Check my attachment, the textures on the unit models have completely bugged out. The unit card is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    I've also not experienced certain scripted events as Pergamon (Galatian raids, Seleukid tribute and such) while I'm at turn 30-ish (haven't played them before so not sure if that's meant to be), and the Colonist script pops up every single turn. I'm guessing something went wrong in the installation? I did do a fresh install and followed all the instructions.
    Pergamon doesn't pay tribute, they have soldiers tithed. The Galatian raids are random. And the colonist script will pop up every turn you have colonists until turn 64, when the notifications stop.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Pergamon doesn't pay tribute, they have soldiers tithed. The Galatian raids are random. And the colonist script will pop up every turn you have colonists until turn 64, when the notifications stop.
    Fair enough, at least I know the script is working fine.

But the graphical glitch with the Batoroi isn't something that's intended or known, I'm guessing? I'm going to re-install R3.5 regardless, but I wanted to bring it to attention just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    In fairness its 255 BC in my current Pergamon campaign and I haven't had a single Galatian raid (in earlier versions I got one within the first few turns). Also I got the "Galatians are defeated" message when I defeated my first rebel army in Galatia, and no message at all when I took Sardis, Ipsos and Ephesus (I remember QS saying before that there was a message every time a stage in the reforms was completed). In the end I just drove the Seulucids out of Anatolia to complete the reforms (which worked perfectly in fairness).

Melee troops with javelins seem to stand still and not fight back in melee combat a lot more than they used to in previous versions. This only happens with the AI, my own troops are fine.

I have the disappearing unit cards and crash to desktop on campaign or custom battle after the application of patch 2.35A R.3.5. I have followed the installation instructions to the letter. I have reinstalled the game and patch three different times, and every time I get the same results. I have even downloaded and unzipped the patch two different times. After I install vanilla 3.5 everything is fine. When I install the patch, I get the message on the EBII start screen that patch 2.35A R3.5 has been installed, but then the subsequent missing unit cards and crash on battle.
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Ptolemaic campaign. After I helped the Spartan king, I took Corinth and got a message that KH will be breaking the alliance and declaring war on me. Instead, they declared war on Epiros. Few turns later, they're still my allies. The script points at wrong faction I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    I have the disappearing unit cards and crash to desktop on campaign or custom battle after the application of patch 2.35A R.3.5. I have followed the installation instructions to the letter. I have reinstalled the game and patch three different times, and every time I get the same results. I have even downloaded and unzipped the patch two different times. After I install vanilla 3.5 everything is fine. When I install the patch, I get the message on the EBII start screen that patch 2.35A R3.5 has been installed, but then the subsequent missing unit cards and crash on battle.
    I have the exact same issue too

Looks like max level hellenistic millitary colony doesn't have any units in Thraike and possibly other provinces, except siege weapons. At the same time level 2 colony works fine.

That's not a bug. The highest level of helcol can technically be built anywhere, hence why it's shown in the building browser in all regions. HOWEVER, it cannot be upgraded to from anywhere, but only from a select few provinces. The recruitment you see in the invalid regions only shows the siege engines because the data files say that siege engines are recruitable from anywhere

Makes sense for some provinces, I guess. But wouldn't it make sense to have it available in Thraike in particular? I mean Thrace was historically heavily hellenised, it supports highest level goverment for some greek factions, but is really lacking in terms of recruitment. Can't even train thracian colonists there (even though they are available freely in Byzantium, which technically is also part of Thrace region. All we have is a default hellenic roster (hoplits, peltasts and mounted peltasts).

Thracian Colonists are Thracians who travelled outside of Thrace. It would be wield for them to colonize their own homeland. But yes, I do agree that other units like Thracian Fast Horsemen or even Thracian Peltasts should be available in the helcol in Thrace. That would be a realistic and much appreciated bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Thracian Colonists are Thracians who travelled outside of Thrace. It would be wield for them to colonize their own homeland. But yes, I do agree that other units like Thracian Fast Horsemen or even Thracian Peltasts should be available in the helcol in Thrace. That would be a realistic and much appreciated bonus
    Thracian colonists aren't colonists in a modern sense. If you go by their description, they are hellenised professional millitary veterans, who were rewarded for their service with lands. They might as well be rewarded with lands in Thrace, if it's conquered by hellenistic faction. Caesar rewarded his legions with lands in Italy, Thracians would probably seek to be rewarded with lands in Thrace if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SacredFox View Post
    Thracian colonists aren't colonists in a modern sense. If you go by their description, they are hellenised professional millitary veterans, who were rewarded for their service with lands. They might as well be rewarded with lands in Thrace, if it's conquered by hellenistic faction. Caesar rewarded his legions with lands in Italy, Thracians would probably seek to be rewarded with lands in Thrace if possible.
    That's fair. If you want helcol_three or helcol_ref in thrace, you'll have to add upgrade paths in helcol_two to both, or in helcol_three to helcol_ref. Do you need the scripting code to do so? Modding your own installation is highly encouraged

Athenian client ruler becomes interloper after recruitment in Athens;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First time such thing happened, don't mind it much since I need the heavy infantry on the fields anyways, but still good that I noticed, could not figure out why Athens was turning red because I thought he could not be.

Hi, I'm playing Baktria ( V.2.35 R3.5 ) and I'm completing the quests to get the colonists; unfortunately I think I've run into a bug in that at the last step ( conquering Chach and Bukhara ) I have both but I don't complete it.
    Now I have two questions:
    1) should I wait until the mission deadline expires - 30 turns if I remember correctly;
    2) is the fact that I already owned Chach before the mission assignment a reason for the bug;
    All this while waiting for the turns to pass and still paying the 3000 to the Seleucids.... damn - could someone please clarify this for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    Athenian client ruler becomes interloper after recruitment in Athens;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

First time such thing happened, don't mind it much since I need the heavy infantry on the fields anyways, but still good that I noticed, could not figure out why Athens was turning red because I thought he could not be.
    Did he end his first turn outside of settlement, or spawned outside due to full garrison? Ending turns outside his own city can lead to such effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattus View Post
    Hi, I'm playing Baktria ( V.2.35 R3.5 ) and I'm completing the quests to get the colonists; unfortunately I think I've run into a bug in that at the last step ( conquering Chach and Bukhara ) I have both but I don't complete it.
    Now I have two questions:
    1) should I wait until the mission deadline expires - 30 turns if I remember correctly;
    2) is the fact that I already owned Chach before the mission assignment a reason for the bug;
    All this while waiting for the turns to pass and still paying the 3000 to the Seleucids.... damn - could someone please clarify this for me?
    The final quest won't work properly if you've already conquered Chach and Bukhark before the Seleucids give you the mission. You're unfortunately going to miss out on the last 2 colony points. You might as well begin the rebellion against the Seleucids now that they can't provide you with more colony points