Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Ah, yes. You are using Windows itself to unzip it? I've noticed sometimes it is incompatible with the file format of the compressed archive. Try using 7zip:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
    Downloaded 7-zip. Afterwards downloaded non-installer version again. Same problem as before. Get an error message about more than 700 corrupted files.
    Intriguingly the list seems to include same files where I recieve the error message about corrupted files during the installation with the install version. These are for example sauromatae_intro.bik, sweboz_intro.bik, takashila_intro.bik, sounds/music.dat etc.

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

You can't script trade rights, the only conditions you can are allied, neutral or at war.

You're supposed to fight it with great difficulty. All three in Greece have a tough start.

That's a bug, I've flagged it.

So Quintus as I said in my thread (but you apparently didn't notice), I can confirm the crash is NOT caused by the Seleukid army attacking the collection of tiny Ptolemaios armies. However, the game still crashes on the Seleukid turn. How can I find a solution? Or do I just restart the campaign? Also, has the starting mission given by Seleukids (where they ask you to invade Bithynia) been removed?
    Last edited by Daniel the Finlander; October 22, 2017 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion_IX View Post
    Downloaded 7-zip. Afterwards downloaded non-installer version again. Same problem as before. Get an error message about more than 700 corrupted files.
    Intriguingly the list seems to include same files where I recieve the error message about corrupted files during the installation with the install version. These are for example sauromatae_intro.bik, sweboz_intro.bik, takashila_intro.bik, sounds/music.dat etc.
    I can promise you that the EB Team is not providing "corrupt" files in our download. I suggest you do some google searches on the web to see if other people with your O/S and system set-up have reported similar problems with the handling of zipped files and/or folders, and see how they solved it. I half suspect that it has something to do with your virtual hard drives. That's a process that isn't part of the normal installation and set-up.
    Last edited by Kull; October 22, 2017 at 04:04 PM.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Haze88 View Post
    I can't. I am the administrator. I'm the only user period. It always says access denied whenever I try to do anything. It also has no files in it
    This is a problem related to your system set-up and the allocation of user rights. We can't control that. Do some google searches to see how other people with your O/S and system have solved similar problems (this is not something related to EB2). Also, since you do have Windows 10, be aware that there is an additional set-up procedure that must be followed by Windows 10 users (it's a subsection in the installation guide).
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    I can promise you that the EB Team is not providing "corrupt" files in our download. I suggest you do some google searches on the web to see if other people with your O/S and system set-up have reported similar problems with the handling of zipped files and/or folders, and see how they solved it. I half suspect that it has something to do with your virtual hard drives. That's a process that isn't part of the normal installation and set-up.
    I'm absolutely sure that EB Team doesn't provide file which are somehow corrupt Played for the first time the first EB around 2009, also played previous versions of EB II and everythings was alright. I know and appreciate the high quality work of EB team a lot.

Also thought about the possibility with the virtual HD, however even when I install or/and unzip the files to my normal C: HD exatly the same error messages occure. So the only one thing IMO might be that these specific files include something which my system or settings are not compatible with. It's strange somehow. I encountered some issues and challanges with installing TW mods, but never in such a dimension. Working on it since three days, downloaded numerious times, tried numerious things. Nothing helps so far. Wondering if someone from the development team, especially bug finders, have any idea what might cause this bug or in other words what data includes these files which makes them incompatible?

I'm absolutely sure that EB Team doesn't provide file which are somehow corrupt Played for the first time the first EB around 2009, also played previous versions of EB II and everythings was alright. I know and appreciate the high quality work of EB team a lot.

Also thought about the possibility with the virtual HD, however even when I install or/and unzip the files to my normal C: HD exatly the same error messages occure. So the only one thing IMO might be that these specific files include something which my system or settings are not compatible with. It's strange somehow. I encountered some issues and challanges with installing TW mods, but never in such a dimension. Working on it since three days, downloaded numerious times, tried numerious things. Nothing helps so far. Wondering if someone from the development team, especially bug finders, have any idea what might cause this bug or in other words what data includes these files which makes them incompatible?
    It's one thing if you are having issues with the installer - that happens from time to time, which is why we include the non-installer version. But not even being able to unzip an archive? That's beyond anything I could explain. If you have a large USB drive, maybe some friend of yours could download and unzip the non-installer, and then you could put the unzipped files on the USB and just copy them directly into your M2TW directory. That avoids all the unzip and install stuff that your system is rejecting. I'd also make sure the vanilla Kingdoms game is working too.
    EBII Council

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You can't script trade rights, the only conditions you can are allied, neutral or at war.
    aham! thats the reason, i see, thanks for tip.

You're supposed to fight it with great difficulty. All three in Greece have a tough start.
    You bet man, you bet, LOL

That's a bug, I've flagged it.
    Darng.. savegame compatible if i edit the file and correct it? or as ever any modification in those files mean a restart? ( i read somewhere in these forums that some .txt? files could' be changed without needing a restar maybe?)
    Know what? ill just try and check by myself

Thanks for quick answers Quintus, appreciate it.

Regards:

melvidh

If you switch off the validation settings in the config, it might work. I've never found any change to be savegame compatible, maybe I'm just unlucky.

Note that should actually just be < 19, not sure what the 24 is about.

Tiro

I was going to ask you precisely about that since i see:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Trigger Finished_Spartan_Agoge_Starts_Krypteia
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition CharacterIsLocal
    and CharacterAge < 21
    and Trait SpartanAgoge > 4
    and Trait Spartiates > 0
    and Trait AgogeKrypteia < 1
    and Trait AgogePaidiskos < 1
    and IsRegionOneOf 164
    and Trait NaturalEnergy > 2
    and Trait NaturalIntelligence > 2
    and Trait LoyaltyLevel > 3
    and RandomPercent > 75

Affects AgogeKrypteia 1 Chance 100
    Affects SpartanTraining 1 Chance 100
    Affects AgogeProgressCounter 1 Chance 100

And
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Finished_Spartan_Agoge_Starts_Paidiskos
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

and CharacterAge < 21
    and Trait SpartanAgoge > 4
    and Trait AgogeKrypteia < 1
    and Trait AgogePaidiskos < 1
    and IsRegionOneOf 164

Affects AgogePaidiskos 1 Chance 100

So as the CharacterAge < 21 condition is used twice and i get a bit lost in the counters count and i am not sure what the person in charge has in mind as requeriments for either agoge training, Krypteia and Paidiskos i am unsure too which ones should be ages range to check. Iirc Agoge was 2 years training since they start ( 8 turns) it so I think i am going to try with

; Spartan Agoge Triggers
    Trigger Spartan_Agoge_Begins
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

and SettlementName sett_090 ; Sparte
    and Trait SpartanAgoge < 1
    and CharacterAge < 19
    and CharacterAge > 16

Affects SpartanAgoge 1 Chance 100

This way any FM that arrives Sparte before they turn 19 years old will be able to get Agoge training and then a Paidiskos and Krypteia training check. This is the "old way" i remember Agoge worked.

Dunno if it should be younger than 20 for Agoge check and younger than 22 for Paidiskos and Krypteia checks... the way i am trying i think if FM is 19 years old wont be able to get Agoge training and in "old times" you had time till they turned 20 years old to start it.
    But first lets see if i can "elude" the validation check.

Regards:

melvidh

Edit: Or , as you say, i can remove the CharacterAge > XXX and leave only the CharacterAge <19. I am still in doubt if it should be CharacterAge < 20 in Agoge trigger and CharacterAge < 22 in the 2 other triggers.

Edit: Ok, i remembered right, i just fount this
    https://imgur.com/a/zMl7i
    I have it in my hard disk since ages ago, the file is from 2008, i would credit the author if i knew who was.
    Last edited by melvidh; October 22, 2017 at 06:20 PM. Reason: I fount the Agoge.jpg i have since 2008 in my hard drive

>16 is pretty much redundant, it only needs < 19.

Nothing wrong with the other triggers, they are as intended.

Just because I have to ask the obvious, did you unzip them with 7zip instead of with Windows once you installed it? E.g. right click, 7zip menu beneath Extract all -> Extract files...

Otherwise use your torrent client to 'validate checksum' or 'verify integrity' or whatever it calls it to make sure your download itself isn't corrupt.

Tiro

Hello,

Playing KH campaign 2.3 H/M.

I have fount an "inconsistency" in an ancillary, so i suppose this one is for Genghis.

Grain merchant ancillary says in description "Increases the rate of population growth". I was going to move him to FM in Demetrias to get the city size for the 3rd polis_3 asap but as i saw population growth didnt improve when FM acting as governor got him , i checked export_descr_ancillaries.txt and his bonuses are:
    Effect Trading 10
    Effect Farming 1

In fact income in city improves if governor has it among his ancillaries.

So i think you should either change bonuses or change effect description.

Regards:

melvidh

PD: i wasnt able to bypass validation check. I didnt see any parameter related to "validation" in mediaval2preference.cfg and the ones i saw in ebii.cfg where under the [hotseat] section. I copied them under the [game] section and changed them as i thought they would work to annul files validation but it didnt work. As soon as i load the saved game i get a CTD with tipical error messagge and no usefull info in log.

Hello I downloaded EB 2.3 but I am having problems starting the game. The launcher gives me error saying that "system can't find the file specified " Keep in mind that I downloaded everything out of the program files.

Tiro

Hello,

I am playing KH campaign 2.3 H/M.
    It is turn 31 and i have attacked lonely unit next to Pella, Antigonos army parked in Pella joined figth.
    https://imgur.com/a/71731
    Once i won the battle ( and pursued retreating foes, they couldnt afford the 11k minae sp? rescue for prisioners) there were only one unit left in Pella. I sent 2 spies so i had 100% to get Pella doors opened and i assaulted city expecting garrison script to add half or 3/4 stack to defenders. But none joined the fight. Is Pella supposed to have help from garrison script if besieged? If answer is "yes" something went wrong. If answer is "no" it is all ok, i am not complaining.
    https://imgur.com/a/wBGgu

Btw Makedons had polis_3 already built in Pella, that was a nice surprise, but they had 2 goverment buildings built at the same time.
    https://imgur.com/a/tZq41

Regards:
    melvidh

PD: Turn 32 and i was expecting to see some merc hoplitai and phalangitai avaliable in my cities from previous battle in Pella ( event fired turns ago) but i have none. I checked Makedon army and in fact there were no hoplitai among them so it is logic there are no merc hoplitai avaliable, but there were plenty of phalangitai in the battle and i have none. I checked export_descr_buildings.txt and i see none KH government building has merc phalagitai in "special recruitment" . is this working as intended?
    Last edited by melvidh; October 24, 2017 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTutEgy View Post
    Hello I downloaded EB 2.3 but I am having problems starting the game. The launcher gives me error saying that "system can't find the file specified " Keep in mind that I downloaded everything out of the program files.
    Did you follow all the installation instructions for your platform?

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello,

I am playing KH campaign 2.3 H/M.
    It is turn 31 and i have attacked lonely unit next to Pella, Antigonos army parked in Pella joined figth.
    https://imgur.com/a/71731
    Once i won the battle ( and pursued retreating foes, they couldnt afford the 11k minae sp? rescue for prisioners) there were only one unit left in Pella. I sent 2 spies so i had 100% to get Pella doors opened and i assaulted city expecting garrison script to add half or 3/4 stack to defenders. But none joined the fight. Is Pella supposed to have help from garrison script if besieged? If answer is "yes" something went wrong. If answer is "no" it is all ok, i am not complaining.
    https://imgur.com/a/wBGgu

Btw Makedons had polis_3 already built in Pella, that was a nice surprise, but they had 2 goverment buildings built at the same time.
    https://imgur.com/a/tZq41

Regards:
    melvidh
    First one is a unit that doesn't fit in the city. That's what happens when you recruit more than can be garrisoned there.

Garrison script may not trigger if there's a reinforcement battle, so that's effectively an exploit. It requires a siege to take place in order to trigger - there's no way to check for "battle near settlement".

The script builds the Basilike Patris when they take it; not sure why the other government is there.

Hello, I have a problem, my game crashed when i have wanted to save my campaign
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did it repeat? I'm afraid random crashes like this happen, and unless you happen to have had trace enabled, we aren't going to know what the cause was.

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    I've noticed the garrison script adds units to the province in question after you've ended one turn of siege. So if you know a province is probably big enough to use the script, do one turn of siege and then use your rams or your spies to charge in. Same-turn attacks using open gates bypasses the script. I'm not sure it's possible to trigger extra units between sending an army to the settlement and choosing to immediately assault. Many provinces don't have the script and you can use treachery such as the spy with the gate to try to take them faster, but if you want to let the garrison script work properly, give the major settlements a turn of siege first.

The garrison script is a single monitor that triggers on the end of the Rebel turn, so it requires a turn end to trigger. The only way to do it on assault would be to have 37 monitors, one for each settlement covered, with the consequential impact on performance. Even then, attacking a unit outside and making the garrison come as reinforcements would still bypass it.