Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    That looks like the usual place, yeah. Sometimes it just gets super weird, and I know this sounds very IT Crowd-y, but I've rebooted after having a lot of crashes and things like 'why aren't you writing this file?!' get resolved, because whatever ghost of a program was still holding on to that file and preventing it from writing are cleared out.
    Again nope. Gonna reinstall everything and see what happens I guess...

Edit: I think I figured out what the problem was, it had to do with ReShade.
    Last edited by Falco; October 20, 2017 at 09:05 AM.

Default Re: v2.3 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Have you tried changing the shader setting in your config? It'll be in your medieval2.preferences.cfg under [video] - change it to a different number.
    ah yeah i changed it to 2 and it fixed it, while also improved the graphics too!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    ah yeah i changed it to 2 and it fixed it, while also improved the graphics too!
    Obviously whatever shader we chose as default isn't the best one for your graphics card. Glad it's fixed either way.

Hi folks.
    Had two crashes as Arevakoi 2.3. + captains & generals.txt

One around turn 30 on .cfg #error.
    This one on turn 58 on .cfg #trace (uploaded).

Both types said very similar things...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Voice of Treason; October 20, 2017 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Capt. & Generals txt

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Treason View Post
    Hi folks.
    Had two crashes as Arevakoi 2.3. + captains & generals.txt

One around turn 30 on .cfg #error.
    This one on turn 58 on .cfg #trace (uploaded).

Both types said very similar things...
    Nothing obvious in there, that doesn't look like a trace-log though, just a long error-log. There's hardly anything else but error lines.

Did they repeat?

@ QS
    ?????
    This is the line I have in the EB .cfg...and it's read only.

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt (even reset it to the original folder)
    level = * trace

I went back to an earlier save a re-played a different path.
    Just had another crash (uploaded new file)

Again, similar stuff.
    If there is nothing pertinent, ignore it...

OK, just seems a very brief log. Hmmm, there's a non-fatal error in the script I've just fixed, but other than that, nothing of moment.

Code:
    22:46:31.892 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 20097, in mods/ebii/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    create_unit sett_094 "thracian infantry doryphoroi" 1 0 0 0
    err: cannot add unit(s) because the garrison already contains the maximum number of units

22:46:31.892 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <console_command>, at line 20098, in mods/ebii/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt: 
    create_unit sett_094 "thracian infantry sphendonitai" 1 0 0 0
    err: cannot add unit(s) because the garrison already contains the maximum number of units

22:46:35.088 [game.script] [always] f_arevaci: Faction turn pre-start
    22:46:35.098 [game.script] [always] f_arevaci: Faction turn start
    22:46:35.653 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    Definitely a crash, but ages between it and the last error, and it's a non-fatal error. Quite a while between it and the last trace, too.

I don't get colony points as the Areuakoi.

I forget if you start with some. Do you see the advisor warning you about them? If not, you get them every 32 turns, 1 point per League government (you start with one and can build one more in the province south of you).

@ QS
    OK.
    Thanks for checking and answering.

...I'll go back to my game and "making friends and influencing people" with a "Biglobular Dagger ancillary" gift

The "Voice of Treason", eh? So it's YOU who's been whispering in the ears of my lone raiding FMs!!?? Grrrr....I can think of something ELSE to do with that Biglobular Dagger!!
    EBII Council

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice mod ! But i have a crash with Kimmerios. I have no savegame. I think it's bettween 10 and 20 turn.
    Last edited by kostic; October 21, 2017 at 05:54 AM.

Did it repeat?

I might suggest the reason for your crash was the length of the session - over 3 hours without a restart. The game increases in size in memory the longer you go on, at the very least every 2 hours or so you should save, quit and then startup again.

So I'm about 99.9% sure I figured out why my saves/new campaign were causing crashes. My medieval2.preference cfg file keeps deleting the windowed and windows borderless entries I put in, so I put them back in and they worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    So I'm about 99.9% sure I figured out why my saves/new campaign were causing crashes. My medieval2.preference cfg file keeps deleting the windowed and windows borderless entries I put in, so I put them back in and they worked again.
    Set it to read-only in the Properties of the file once you've edited it.

Tiro

Hello,

Taking a look to export_descr_buildings.txt file of my new 2.3 install i fount these lines ( number in front of each line is line number when opened and untouched with notepad++)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1286 recruit_pool "celtic infantry botroas" 1 0.03 1 0 requires factions { f_carthage, } and not hidden_resource belgic and not hidden_resource greek2 and hidden_resource gallic and hidden_resource celtic
    1287 recruit_pool "celtic infantry gaeroas" 1 0.03 1 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource gallic and hidden_resource hr_river and not hidden_resource belgic and not hidden_resource eastcelt
    1288 recruit_pool "celtic infantry gaeroas" 1 0.03 1 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource gallic and not hidden_resource belgic and not hidden_resource eastcelt and not hidden_resource hr_river and hidden_resource hr_d or hidden_resource hr_j or hidden_resource teutonic_migration
    1289 recruit_pool "celtic infantry armorican tribesmen" 1 0.03 1 0 requires factions { all, } and hidden_resource celtic and hidden_resource gallic and hidden_resource hr_b and hidden_resource hr_e and not hidden_resource belgic and not hidden_resource eastcelt and not hidden_resource hr_river
    1290 recruit_pool "celtic infantry uassoi" 1 0.06 2 0 requires factions { f_carthage, } and not hidden_resource belgic and hidden_resource gallic and hidden_resource celtic and not hidden_resource greek2
    3479 recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry thureopherontes hippeis" 1 0.06 2 0 requires factions { f_kh, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and not hidden_resource indo and not hidden_resource baktria and not hidden_resource arabian and not hidden_resource baltic and not hidden_resource belgic and not hidden_resource briton and not hidden_resource daha and not hidden_resource ethiopia and not hidden_resource germania and not hidden_resource numidia and not hidden_resource saka and not hidden_resource sarmatian and not hidden_resource skythian and not hidden_resource forested and not hidden_resource no_brigands
    3480 recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry thureopherontes hippeis" 1 0.06 2 0 requires factions { f_pontos, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource skythian
    3481 recruit_pool "hellenistic cavalry thureopherontes hippotoxotai" 1 0.03 1 0 requires factions { f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_pergamon, cul_3, } and event_counter ecThorakitaiReform 1 and hidden_resource skythian
    3482 recruit_pool "hellenistic infantry hoplitai" 1 0.06 2 0 requires factions { f_kh, } and not event_counter ecThureosReform 1 and not hidden_resource indo and not hidden_resource baktria and not hidden_resource arabian and not hidden_resource baltic and not hidden_resource belgic and not hidden_resource briton and not hidden_resource daha and not hidden_resource ethiopia and not hidden_resource germania and not hidden_resource numidia and not hidden_resource saka and not hidden_resource sarmatian and not hidden_resource forested and not hidden_resource no_brigands

In same way than 3480 + 3481 you have these others.
    3572 + 3573
    4409 + 4410
    4675 + 4676

In red the things i found "incongruous" with the previous and next lines in the "area". I think you need to check either the ownership, conditions... or maybe even remove the whole line?

Regards:

melvidh

First one is an error, but fortunately a harmless one since "all" includes f_carthage, and only f_carthage would ever have this building. Still, I've updated.

As an aside, telling me what building it's in is more useful than a line reference, the EDB changes all the time as I tweak and update things.

That second one, on the other hand is a genuine error which will mean KH doesn't get the units they're supposed to. That's in the kh3, which is identical in the kh4 which explains the third block. Same error has been copy+pasted in the kh7 and kh8.

Thanks for finding those. Note sometimes a switch of factions is intentional - have a look at what I've done in the Allied Governments and the Hellenistic Colony those lines originally came from as examples.

Tiro

As an aside, telling me what building it's in is more useful than a line reference, the EDB changes all the time as I tweak and update things.
    K i note that for next time.

That second one, on the other hand is a genuine error which will mean KH doesn't get the units they're supposed to. That's in the kh3, which is identical in the kh4 which explains the third block. Same error has been copy+pasted in the kh7 and kh8.
    I supposed that something like that had happened.
    If i play KH and i change all those f_pontus, f_makedonia, f_epeiros, f_pergamon, cul_3, and i leave only f_Kh in each line will that solve it? i mean, all the rest of the line, conditions , numbers and such are ok?

Thanks for finding those.
    You´re more than wellcome, glad to help. It is attonishing that you ( i think it is you who types all those lines) only did 4 or 5 of those errors in 31k lines of code. Kudos to you.

Note sometimes a switch of factions is intentional - have a look at what I've done in the Allied Governments and the Hellenistic Colony those lines originally came from as examples.
    I did, i did, but i couldnt say i "discovered" any incongruous in those, it is just i got a bit lost in all those bunch of factions metioned in this line, then another group of factions in next line, then changing 2 lines later to another bunch of different ones i rather stayed quiet when i reached those lines.

Regards:

melvidh

Tiro

Btw Quintus i saw f_lugia mentioned in 2 or 3 tribal_migration_sweboz buildings in the religion_level bonus 2 requires factions { f_sweboz, f_lugia, } and not region_religion rel_f 25 and event_counter ecReligionUpdate 1 lines but then only f_sweboz faction is "mentioned" in ownership of units those buildings provide. I dont know if f_lugia is missing in some of the lines ... i cant understand why it is mentioned in factions required but then not in any recruitment line. Is it something like the f_lugia can use some bonus but they ( those buildings) dont provide f_lugia any recruitment?

Regards:
    melvidh

The secret of not making many errors is the same as the source of them - I do a lot of copying. The EDB is also very forgiving and crashes on startup telling you exactly what's wrong.

Yes, sometimes a second faction can receive the benefits of something, even if they can't build it or get any recruitment from it.

For the former, note that Numidia can now benefit from Carthaginian Setter's Colonies in Africa, for example.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; October 21, 2017 at 04:34 PM.