Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.4 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

Default Re: v2.2 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

just installed and had a quick look at Hayastan. few minor things. one of the rebel stacks in Armenia Minor (Pokr Hayk) is lead by a fella called Hasan. this is an Arabic name and is out of place. also, this Hasan's portrait is Gaulish, which is also odd. talking of the rebels in that region, I would add a few Armenian spearmen into the mix just so they have some presentation among otherwise Anatolian, Iranian troops. and maybe give a rebel leader inside the settlement there an Armenian cavalry or Anatolian horsemen as a bodyguard to reflect both local ethnicities and regional elite's preference for the mounted warfare (his unit is made of Iranian footman atm).

On the menu screen when choosing Hayastan, the short campaign still (it has been reported several months ago) asks player to conquer 40 regions as opposed to standard 20 that other factions have.

new Armenian bodyguard unit lacks description.

cheers

Default Re: v2.2 has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

The infantry BG in Pokr Hayk is intentional for now I believe--recently there's been an issue with wandering rebel garrisons, so most rebel garrisons now have infantry BGs(unfortunately) and virtually no cavalry units in garrison(also causes the wandering garrison bug). Changing the garrison's leaders to infantry units helped mitigate this bug a bit. For now, changing the BG in the settlement to cavalry again would reintroduce the problem. I hope to see the bug truly fixed in the future, but for now it's virtually all infantry garrisons for towns/camps. Otherwise, they abandon garrison duty and majorly screw up CAI progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    just installed and had a quick look at Hayastan. few minor things. one of the rebel stacks in Armenia Minor (Pokr Hayk) is lead by a fella called Hasan. this is an Arabic name and is out of place. also, this Hasan's portrait is Gaulish, which is also odd. talking of the rebels in that region, I would add a few Armenian spearmen into the mix just so they have some presentation among otherwise Anatolian, Iranian troops. and maybe give a rebel leader inside the settlement there an Armenian cavalry or Anatolian horsemen as a bodyguard to reflect both local ethnicities and regional elite's preference for the mounted warfare (his unit is made of Iranian footman atm).

On the menu screen when choosing Hayastan, the short campaign still (it has been reported several months ago) asks player to conquer 40 regions as opposed to standard 20 that other factions have.

new Armenian bodyguard unit lacks description.

cheers
    I can change his name, but the portrait assignment is something the game does; no idea why it picked a Gaullish one.

We've had to remove all cavalry from Rebel garrisons - it causes them to wander off rather than man their posts protecting the settlements. But I can add some Armenian Spearmen to the local garrisons.

I'll look into the campaign screen - it's not in the text for faction.

Well, if you'd like to write a description for them, we'll include it.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

fixed, thanks for reporting

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I can change his name, but the portrait assignment is something the game does; no idea why it picked a Gaullish one.
    thanks for changing the name (you can find the updated spelling list in the relevant game files, i've done that ages ago). can the portrait assignment be linked to culture group somehow? a bit strange.
    We've had to remove all cavalry from Rebel garrisons - it causes them to wander off rather than man their posts protecting the settlements. But I can add some Armenian Spearmen to the local garrisons.
    that'd be good, thanks.

Well, if you'd like to write a description for them, we'll include it.
    probably better be left to someone who concepted them or at least has access to the relevant threads. i remember writing one on lancers and only then discovering they are actually regionals as opposed to factionals i thought them to be (as a result i only mentioned regional availability and history in one sentence iirc )

so i had ctd with the settlement enslave option but i hadn't the log, "logging"

and the ressurection script doesn't work
    as rome i eliminated epeiros and KH, when i conquered thermon and KH was alive, and then it rebelled it went to KH, but not when it was dead

if usefull i can reproduce the errors again and activate the log if they werent already reported...

probably better be left to someone who concepted them or at least has access to the relevant threads. i remember writing one on lancers and only then discovering they are actually regionals as opposed to factionals i thought them to be (as a result i only mentioned regional availability and history in one sentence iirc )
    Well you can't go wrong with this unit: it's a strictly factional one for Hayastan alone, and isn't even recruitable. It just appears with new/adopted FMs, like all bodyguard units.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    so i had ctd with the settlement enslave option but i hadn't the log, "logging"

and the ressurection script doesn't work
    as rome i eliminated epeiros and KH, when i conquered thermon and KH was alive, and then it rebelled it went to KH, but not when it was dead

if usefull i can reproduce the errors again and activate the log if they werent already reported...
    Thermon isn't in either KH or Epeiros' list of places they can resurrect from - it isn't everywhere.

sorry i was quite short on the description
    -before eliminating KH i lost thermon due to a revolt (i caused it) and it went back to KH

-i eliminated epeiros and KH
    i had the the 3 starting epeiros settlements (ambrakia,..) and 2 KH, thermon and rhodes
    i provoked a revolt on all of them and none of the factions ressurected

Missing ports on campaign map for Athens, Sparta, and Rhodes although it shows on city building list. No seaborne trades for these cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
    Missing ports on campaign map for Athens, Sparta, and Rhodes although it shows on city building list. No seaborne trades for these cities.
    Yes, it's due to them being spawned by the script, rather than descr_strat - I've updated that.

Not sure what's going on with sea trade, though, I'm currently getting no sea trade anywhere.

I also have this problem when choosing option enslave.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

The enslave bug has been fixed by Quintus, will be available in 2.2a patch.

sorry, posted in the wrong section.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post15005834

attached log file.

Quote Originally Posted by glaj88 View Post
    sorry, posted in the wrong section.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post15005834

attached log file.
    There's nothing I can see in that error log; it isn't even terminated by an error.

Well you can't go wrong with this unit: it's a strictly factional one for Hayastan alone, and isn't even recruitable. It just appears with new/adopted FMs, like all bodyguard units.
    got 2.2a and had a quick battle whilst adjusting my FPS and they look absolutely stunning! amazing job (no problems with eye balls etc), truly a state of art. other eastern cavalry looks beautiful too.

a quick note, axe armed regional (Anatolian, Iranian...) cavalry uses stab animation which doesnt look right.

thanks for a quick patch, guys (and for ruining my Numidian campaign)

The Numidian campaign gets really interesting after their reform, as well, when you can get heavy infantry.

Thanks for your quick reply Quintus,
    i ended up running the game directly by double clicking the launch batch file in the EB mod folder and all my little problems are gone.
    i now have date and season showing on the UI, there is now a log file in the EB mod folder/log folder, graphics seem a lot better, i can now run in window mode,
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by glaj88 View Post
    Thanks for your quick reply Quintus,
    i ended up running the game directly by double clicking the launch batch file in the EB mod folder and all my little problems are gone.
    i now have date and season showing on the UI, there is now a log file in the EB mod folder/log folder, graphics seem a lot better, i can now run in window mode,
    Thanks again.
    Glad we found a resolution.

The Numidian campaign gets really interesting after their reform, as well, when you can get heavy infantry.
    thanks for the tip. i was wandering if converting the camps is worth it seeing how you lose 1000 income doing that. cheers.

as of stabbing axe wielding Eastern horsemen i was not clear enough. they do hack and all but also strangely stab from time to time.

thanks for the tip. i was wandering if converting the camps is worth it seeing how you lose 1000 income doing that. cheers.

as of stabbing axe wielding Eastern horsemen i was not clear enough. they do hack and all but also strangely stab from time to time.
    It's largely due to access to the Native Colony after their reform. That opens up lots of new options.

They do; it's something to do with the mace animation they use being a variation on the sword one.